• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Theory of Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything as long as it has consciousness, even plant and animals are subject to the laws of karma. The need for karma is to create the necessary balance in a jiva that it needs to attain moksha. Any excess whether pain or pleasure is subsequently balanced by its negation faithfully reflecting the underlying spiritual reality.

To see how karma works, consider thoughts. They are non material but contain information. They are the separated effects of the mind. Effects emerge out of the cause because of activities in the latter. Thus we see physical energies emerging out of physical entities and similarly thoughts emerging out of mind. In the case of total stillness in the energy, effect is one with the cause and doesn't separate. This is the case with pure spiritual energy.

Since we accept that the effect of the mind being thoughts can contain information, we can accept that a non material entity such as the mind or the soul can contain information. With death, the mind and soul separate from the body and tries to fit into another new body which is in sync with it. Thus the components of the body including the genes reflects the nature of the mind and soul that fits with it. Thus though science might say that genes determine everything in a human, the real masters are the mind and soul, the latter being the real self. Funny though that generally,the body is identified as the real self.

Last edited:
If one ponders further on how karma works, there are the following points that need to be considered:

1. The place one is born
2. The time one is born

Both reflect the accumulated karma of the soul. The body of knowledge that deals with the effects of place and time of birth is astrology. Each planet represents and influences certain aspects of one's life and the alignment of planets at a particular time along with the consideration of place of birth gives a blueprint of how those aspects unfold. The blueprint would in consonance with the karma of the soul. The soul is born in such place and time and fits into the appropriate body. Since the planets represent higher spiritual energy, such prediction of future becomes possible.

Note that the field of astrology deals with all aspects of life including one's environment.

Last edited:
Science and Medicine: Family Pioneers in Explorations of the Genome -

Family Pioneers in Exploration of the Genome - WSJ.com

I was writing earlier that I can get the DNA sequence of my son and me to see the possible sequence difference that could account for the possible difference in our personalities (this, of course assumed that my wife's genome was also sequenced and compared).

What would be the cost of such exercise ?

The above article says that it could be at least $9500 per genome or more since we don't have any known medical problem.

Ideally, if I can spend a lot of money, I want to sequence the genomes of my whole family (four people) and do the comparison.... (at a cost of more than $40,000 !!!!)

My wife predicts that the difference will be within about 1000 bases (out of the 6 billion bases)!

Anyway, I would like to know "that small but unique DNA sequence" that makes my son quite different from me!!

More later....

...Anyway, I would like to know "that small but unique DNA sequence" that makes my son quite different from me!!.
Are you sure Y it is not the place of birth, time of birth, celestial position of planets like sun and moon, ayanamsam, ayangaramsam, that account for all the differenes between you and your son? Are you sure, really really sure??

:)

On Biological Evolution, Free Will, Experience and Who or What Controls ALL this?

1. To reiterate my position, I don't think the concept of Religions, Gods and Poorva Janma Karma can possibly be TRUE...they are all MAN's very simple mental constructs to explain very complex matter.

Unlike Science, God-fearing people just need to invoke their Gods and everything is explained, since it's their BELIEF..which does not need any RATIONAL explanation.

2. I am always bothered about how much of a FREE WILL I have over me?

I know since the conception in my mother's womb, my sensory neurons in my prefrontal cortex (this is considered to be the SEAT of abstract thinking, analysis, mental and verbal bombast including Soul and Consciousness etc etc.) have been constantly working on "some thing or the other". This will continue till I die..

After birth, some of this will be under my control, but not ALL. My "personality" is the sum of ALL activities in my brain.

Not only the mental process, most of the physical processes also under my PARTIAL control... For example, I take a piece of bread and I chew it... till this I have control. Once I swallow it, what happens is NOT under my control.... my Autonomous Nervous System takes full control over the fate of this chewed bread.

Likewise, I don't have any control over the cellular metabolism and physiology.... and I just can't dictate my RNA polymerases as to which gene(s) to be transcribed or not....

3. However, everyday I get opportunity to choose one Option over many other options given to me...whether to fight for an Egalitarian Society or not, whether to fight for the Re-Election of President Obama or not, whether to fight for a Progressive Taxation or not... and the likes.

4. Now, who controls the activities that I just can't possibly control?

My considered view is Nature.... and what I have learned over million years thru Biological Evolution...

Some people say, "Ah... Y, this is the God that Religious people talk about all along!"

If "God = Nature" is the answer, then I say quit all prayers, poojas, bhajans and "God is Great" slogans, for Nature does not care about what you say and think about IT.

You just can't bribe Nature to do anything for you! LoL.

No.. Nature is not what the Religious people think of.... for them the simple answer is the Supernatural Creator who can be easily bribed by their prayers, poojas and bhajans! Lol..

And their modus operandi is Poorva Janma Karma! That's a LIE.... IMO.

Stay tuned.

Last edited:
i never missed a post in this thread, but thought to post my view now only.

in line with the same, my simple question was never answered, so far, and i would appreciate if any one could attempt to convince me.

here i start with the word 'PURPOSE'. please pay a deep attention to the word ' purpose' here, before jumping in with a rejoinder. whats the purpose of our life on earth? is is just to live like another jackal, and die and conclude the life with a full stop? a bit philosophical here..

any thing that moves, has a cause and purpose, and we all agree to this basic norm of life. so, our life should/must have a purpose. that leads to actions in life. even atheists of this modern day, agree, that there is some thing to differentiate between right and wrong, unlike animals who are free to kill and eat a new born or a pregnant partner or savour its own off springs. we, humans are quite different from this, and atheists calls it as 'selective-survival-mutation'.

you are free to deny KARMA, but you are ought to believe in 'JUSTICE'. what better judicial system to punish the acts of 'debauchery'?

awaiting!!

Last edited by a moderator:
i never missed a post in this thread, but thought to post my view now only.

in line with the same, my simple question was never answered, so far, and i would appreciate if any one could attempt to convince me.

here i start with the word 'PURPOSE'. please pay a deep attention to the word ' purpose' here, before jumping in with a rejoinder. whats the purpose of our life on earth? is is just to live like another jackal, and die and conclude the life with a full stop? a bit philosophical here..

any thing that moves, has a cause and purpose, and we all agree to this basic norm of life. so, our life should/must have a purpose. that leads to actions in life. even atheists of this modern day, agree, that there is some thing to differentiate between right and wrong, unlike animals who are free to kill and eat a new born or a pregnant partner or savour its own off springs. we, humans are quite different from this, and atheists calls it as 'selective-survival-mutation'.

you are free to deny KARMA, but you are ought to believe in 'JUSTICE'. what better judicial system to punish the acts of 'debauchery'?

awaiting!!

Dear Shiv,

I am too waiting for answers for your question from science...

Excuse me. I coud not resist making my guess and posting it here, as what must be the most simplistic answer we can expect from science..

The asnwer may be - "All the bad and good events that takes place to a human in human life, having indulged in debauchery, violence, mal practices, murder, rape etc..etc. and for that if he/she is been prosecuted or not and convicted or not is purely a "RANDOM PHENOMENON". A innocent may be convicted and a criminal may be spared legally. These phenomena contradictory to human legal system is simply taking place without any logic/reason/justification etc..etc...

Just because we have formulated fine Judicial systems, we can not expect RANDOM PHENOMENA to not to take place.

For Example "A" committed some crime and "B" got caught unawares and been convicted. Here "A" could survive as the fittest due to his/her intelligence and "B" got into trouble unawares because "B" was just at a wrong place at a wrong time. "B's" Genes were not upo to the required fittest level to survive positively. "B" got such Genes only because "B's" Genes have not got evolved completely.

The above is what I could observe so far as an answer from scientists/atheists in "God Exists" thread.

By what scientists/atheists say - RAMDOM PHENOMINA are just called as RAMDOM PHENOMENA because there is no logical/reasonable sychronization between cause and purpose. They are like many probabilities that can just take place for which any reasoning would be nothing but paradoxical approach towards brain washing.

Me too awaiting reply from Scientists/Atheists..

Let us Wait and Watch!!

Last edited:
Dear Shiv,

I am too waiting for answers for your question from science...

Excuse me. I coud not resist making my guess and posting it here, as what must be the most simplistic answer we can expect from science..

dear ravi, my question was so simple, of a lay man, rather tribal-man's language. i am not involving those atheist Vs theist, or science Vs religion here.

all i am asking is 'justice', which you , me, and those who oppose our views, followers of dawkins or evolutionists, atheists commonly believe in.

apart from 'karma', let me call in their own language ' Karma Therory', what better system of justice deliverance available, for the acts of debunchery?

if i'm convinced with right answer from our friends here, i bet, sh.ravi, i would be on the opposite side, pricking you ferociously :)

blame it on rio! blame it on karma.. let them know me the better alternative.. isnt that too less, im asking for

awaiting!! awaiting!!

Dear Shiv,

Their arguments would be fun and sometimes good but not enough to make you switch to their camp?

... "B's" Genes were not upo to the required fittest level to survive positively. "B" got such Genes only because "B's" Genes have not got evolved completely.
Ravi, this and other summaries you have provided show you have not grasped the theory of evolution (TOE) properly. If you are interested there is a plethora of information available. If you have the time and inclination you can read up on them.

BTW, one of the ways to prove the validity of a theory is discovering in reality what the theory predicts. In the case of TOE, everyday new discoveries are reported in scientific journals and magazine that continually validate it. The latest of this is the discovery of feathers in dinosaurs, from whom the modern birds evolved. Read about it here.

For people who believe the earth is about 5,000 years old, and all this is created for the pleasure of Adam and Eve can never bring themselves to see it. But Ravi, you are not one of them, so I hope you will give unbiased, scientific knowledge a try.

Cheers!

My considered view is Nature.... and what I have learned over million years thru Biological Evolution...

Some people say, "Ah... Y, this is the God that Religious people talk about all along!"

If "God = Nature" is the answer, then I say quit all prayers, poojas, bhajans and "God is Great" slogans, for Nature does not care about what you say and think about IT.

You just can't bribe Nature to do anything for you! LoL.

No.. Nature is not what the Religious people think of.... for them the simple answer is the Supernatural Creator who can be easily bribed by their prayers, poojas and bhajans! Lol..

And their modus operandi is Poorva Janma Karma! That's a LIE.... IMO.

Stay tuned.

Shri Yamaka,

Can you tell me what you consider as nature?

Nature doesn't mean in total as what exists as a visible proof of its existence. As well nature doesn't mean in total as what energies are pervading in the environment that the intelligent apparatus of human creation can detect/tap.

There are many energies/frequencies that responds/vibrates only based on energies/frequencies the living species are generating. Each living species got certain exclusive energies that vibrates with the Nature's energies.

The rule of the nature thus is the most intelligent judicial authority beyond manupulative human judicial systems.

1) "The Rule Of The Nature"
2) "As you sow, So you reap";
3) "RANDOM PHENOMINA"-It is considered random only by our intelligent brains (with limitations). But this is not a Random Phenomina for the supreme intelligence (Nature)

The existence of all the above are very true to be accepted by all of us. Science can not control these Rules of the Nature.

The existence of this Nature, the evolution phases, the reactions of each actions, thought process, static animal brains, versatile evolutionary Humans brains etc..etc.. are the very creation of the Supreme Intelligence of the Supreme Nature.

As a Human we can effectively utilize the energies of Electric current but we can neither hold it nor tolerate it. The usage of electic current can only to the extent of serving a purpose but can not be to the extent of altering its inheritted qualities. Electric current would ever remain as electic current. Nothing more nothing less.

Like wise the energies that penerates mental energies are definite non manupulative energies that would facilitate "the rule of the nature", to be administered. These energies of the Nature are Spiritual energies that only mental energies can grasp, realize and respond.

These intelligent energies of the Nature can neither be tapped by scientific apparatus nor can be tolerated in its full strength without extreme level of spiritual practices. The mental energy's (that are part and parcel of the intelligent energies of the nature) capabilities of grasping the Supreme intelligent energies depends on how the mental intellects are put into practice.

Only the mental energies leads to thought process and well penetrates with the pervading energies of the Nature (Spritual Enegies). Nothing else can interfere between the two to establish its validity (by scientific aparatus) or to alter its qualities.

Karma is the resultant actions and reactions of how and where mental energies were penerated with the Intelligent energies of the Nature. The mental enegies/conscious/Soul got to be fine tuned with the Supreme Energies of the Nature to be non distinguishably all pervading. Untill than mental energies/conscious/soul is provided with a rational brain (with its exclusive qualities of grasping, learning, administring etc.etc..) and a body to work towards acheiveing pure consciousness.

One's the mental energies/soul could achieve the purest qualities, these energies would cease to exist in a physical body and gets dissloved with the Supreme energies of the Nature once for all, without any distinctive/contradicting qualities. It is the state of "Shuniyam", with all hidden energies within.

Spirituality is thus practiced with all true beleif and true prayers to get well synchronized with Supreme energies of the Nature so as to get dissolved with it once for all.

Ravi, this and other summaries you have provided show you have not grasped the theory of evolution (TOE) properly. If you are interested there is a plethora of information available. If you have the time and inclination you can read up on them.

BTW, one of the ways to prove the validity of a theory is discovering in reality what the theory predicts. In the case of TOE, everyday new discoveries are reported in scientific journals and magazine that continually validate it. The latest of this is the discovery of feathers in dinosaurs, from whom the modern birds evolved. Read about it here.

For people who believe the earth is about 5,000 years old, and all this is created for the pleasure of Adam and Eve can never bring themselves to see it. But Ravi, you are not one of them, so I hope you will give unbiased, scientific knowledge a try.

Cheers!

Shri Nara,

Thank you for sharing a very important and informative link with me. I shall for sure go through the link in detail and would keep me well informed.

Please be noted that I am neither against science nor against scientific advancements. I am only against any scientific advancements that would be hazardious to human survival.

I do have as much interest, belief and respect towards science as I have towards God and Spirituality. I am keeping my eyes and mind open to identify what is what and to see where I find the ultimate truth without rejecting spirituality and science.

Thank you once again.

Last edited:
Can someone in the Poorva Janma Karma camp write about the real "PURPOSE" of being born as a human being in this world?

Thanks.

ps. I was born because my parents decided to have another child... and my kids were born because my wife and I wanted to have two kids to love and raise them...as a way of preserving our lineage via our DNA imprints... Nothing more nothing less...the heredity continues for ever if the members decide so... whether the Man-made Religions and GODs continue to exist or not! Lol.

No room for Poorva Janma Karma here!!

Peace.

Shri Yamaka,

Can you tell me what you consider as nature?

Nature doesn't mean in total as what exists as a visible proof of its existence. As well nature doesn't mean in total as what energies are pervading in the environment that the intelligent apparatus of human creation can detect/tap.

There are many energies/frequencies that responds/vibrates only based on energies/frequencies the living species are generating. Each living species got certain exclusive energies that vibrates with the Nature's energies.

The rule of the nature thus is the most intelligent judicial authority beyond manupulative human judicial systems.

1) "The Rule Of The Nature"
2) "As you sow, So you reap";
3) "RANDOM PHENOMINA"-It is considered random only by our intelligent brains (with limitations). But this is not a Random Phenomina for the supreme intelligence (Nature)

The existence of all the above are very true to be accepted by all of us. Science can not control these Rules of the Nature.

The existence of this Nature, the evolution phases, the reactions of each actions, thought process, static animal brains, versatile evolutionary Humans brains etc..etc.. are the very creation of the Supreme Intelligence of the Supreme Nature.

As a Human we can effectively utilize the energies of Electric current but we can neither hold it nor tolerate it. The usage of electic current can only to the extent of serving a purpose but can not be to the extent of altering its inheritted qualities. Electric current would ever remain as electic current. Nothing more nothing less.

Like wise the energies that penerates mental energies are definite non manupulative energies that would facilitate "the rule of the nature", to be administered. These energies of the Nature are Spiritual energies that only mental energies can grasp, realize and respond.

These intelligent energies of the Nature can neither be tapped by scientific apparatus nor can be tolerated in its full strength without extreme level of spiritual practices. The mental energy's (that are part and parcel of the intelligent energies of the nature) capabilities of grasping the Supreme intelligent energies depends on how the mental intellects are put into practice.

Only the mental energies leads to thought process and well penetrates with the pervading energies of the Nature (Spritual Enegies). Nothing else can interfere between the two to establish its validity (by scientific aparatus) or to alter its qualities.

Karma is the resultant actions and reactions of how and where mental energies were penerated with the Intelligent energies of the Nature. The mental enegies/conscious/Soul got to be fine tuned with the Supreme Energies of the Nature to be non distinguishably all pervading. Untill than mental energies/conscious/soul is provided with a rational brain (with its exclusive qualities of grasping, learning, administring etc.etc..) and a body to work towards acheiveing pure consciousness.

One's the mental energies/soul could achieve the purest qualities, these energies would cease to exist in a physical body and gets dissloved with the Supreme energies of the Nature once for all, without any distinctive/contradicting qualities. It is the state of "Shuniyam", with all hidden energies within.

Spirituality is thus practiced with all true beleif and true prayers to get well synchronized with Supreme energies of the Nature so as to get dissolved with it once for all.

Hello Ravi:

As I wrote before

By Nature or Universe, I mean everything I have "in me and around me" - including all the living beings AND abiotic materials all of which obey the laws of physics, chemistry, mathematics, biology/medicine, astronomy etc etc., including the Sun, Moon and the milky way....including all that present before my time....

Most of what you have written like "rule of Nature", "intelligent energies" etc. are inconsistent with my view of the world.

Obviously...

Peace.

namaste Sravna.

This is with reference to your post #126.

• As far as I know, except for the Self that remains as the substratum as consciousness, all the other tattvas (whether they are 24 or 36) are material manifestations of consciousness, so all the components of the mind mahat, buddhi, chitta and manas are material. The question is how far are they are of physical matter and from what level they are of subtler matter.

• According to science, specially the microlepton hypothesis I posted, everything including the individual soul are material manifestations.

• According to the Hindu philosophy, while the pancha bhUtas--five elements, of the prapancha--unierse, are material, they are manifestations in gross matter of their subtler counterparts, the five tanmAtras--sound, touch, form, taste and smell.

For an individual jIva, the ten indriyas--organs of perception and knowledge, are of gross material, which act as channels to the antaHkaraNa--inner organ, viz. ahaMkAra, buddhi, chitta, and manas, which are manifestations of the consciousness in subtle matter, as individually limited parts of their universal counterparts.

• Thus, a thought is not 'non-material', but material. The contention is that neuro science says this material is biological, quantum physics says that it is a cluster of subatomic particles, while the Hindu philosophy says that as the entire antaHkaraNa is of subtle matter, its products to should be such.

• In one sense, thought might be viewed as energy or force that does not create any new matter--subtle or gross--but only shapes up the surrounding matter into a form or pattern. Concrete thoughts do this more than abstract thoughts.

• The information that the thought carries is thus frozen into the shape or pattern in subtle matter. Information has no meaning until it is interpreted, and this is where the brain takes over, IMO. This is like information stored in the computer hard disk in the form of magnetic patterns for later interpretation by the software that deals with it.

• For example, if I think of a horse, an image of the horse is actually formed in the subtle matter on the mental plane and it hovers in my mental body. When I refresh that image by strengthening the thought, I can make 'color' the horse or 'animate' it and see its action in the mind's eye, with corresponding ramifications in the brain's neural network and in the subatomic physical matter surrounding it.

• If I think about a friend of mine who is, let us say unwell, and wish that he gets well soon, this wish as a thoughtform is trasmitted through the subtle planes and attaches itself to the mental body of the receiver with a healing effect. How does the thoughtform know about its destination? Perhaps in a similar way the bits of information transmitted through the Internet know the address of their destination computer. Probably, this is where the my and my friend's sUtrAtmas come into play. The speed of such transmission is faster than light, so it is instant, which is why the old Sanskrit adage vAyu vegam, mano vegam--quick as the air, quick as the mind.

Cheers!

This has nothing to do with vedic wisdom. You falsely want to drag vedas into some gibberish faiths, and uproot vedic belief.

You also use the same strategy , by falsely claiming that 'untouchability is a result of Brahmin Superiority and such thought was deeply rooted in the Vedic Philosophy', you think, Vedic Wisdom can be flattened and atheism can be easily established.

Can someone in the Poorva Janma Karma camp write about the real "PURPOSE" of being born as a human being in this world?

Thanks.

ps. I was born because my parents decided to have another child... and my kids were born because my wife and I wanted to have two kids to love and raise them...as a way of preserving our lineage via our DNA imprints... Nothing more nothing less...the heredity continues for ever if the members decide so... whether the Man-made Religions and GODs continue to exist or not! Lol. No room for Poorva Janma Karma here!!

Peace.

i'm glad to see such a wonderful question from you. you opened up an interesting topic.

according to you, and your views, the purpose in life is noting but a fate, that parents wanted to have children and you are here born in this world, left to fend for yourself , make a predatory survival in this world of fittest, have the comforts, conquer others and die one day just like any other animal in the jungle.

but there is another view, which is also scientific (science also has set of rules) / philosophic, which adds some purpose & meaning to our life on this earth. pls give it a ear, and see if its wrong. to make our discussion go in a level playing field, i'm not going to take god-head here.

every religion gives a purpose to life, life after death and the guidance for living. it may be good or bad, but there is a guidance or rule. its the same thing with civil laws, which gives a guidance , though it dont say anything beyond death.

it may be right or wrong, but some guidance is necessity in all parts of life. even one don't believe in purpose in life, is still, compelled to take shelter under a purpose and rule, set by the society through civil laws.

so rules/ purpose is all a part and parcel of every life, and religions gives that with some divine ( lets say,imaginary) authority , where as, you want yourself to be in the side, that there is no real purpose to life, and life is all an accident happened during mating.

isnt it a better thing, to have some guidance and purpose in life, than having nothing, just like what we see in jungles!

hope you agree with this, that, something is better than nothing indeed!.

Hello Ravi:

As I wrote before

By Nature or Universe, I mean everything I have "in me and around me" - including all the living beings AND abiotic materials all of which obey the laws of physics, chemistry, mathematics, biology/medicine, astronomy etc etc., including the Sun, Moon and the milky way....including all that present before my time....

Most of what you have written like "rule of Nature", "intelligent energies" etc. are inconsistent with my view of the world.

Obviously...

Peace.

I agree with "your" individual view of the world.

Since you are contented with your materialistic life with all success and occumulation, keeping your humanist and naturalist qualities, may I suggest you to get into spirituality in true sense, experience the difference and enjoy its charm? You may succeed to know, understand, realize and accept that you could achieve a better view of the Nature/Word. You may able to understand and grasp the Supreme Energies of the nature/spirituality.

Your wife and other Theists surrounding you may help you in your efforts towards spirituality.

Since all your life till today you were never been into spiritiual belief and spirituality, giving true spirituality a try is no harm and would not cost you. At last during the old age you can make an attempt to experience spirituality and get to see what is that and how far you can reach towards understanding and accepting Karma theory.

The above is just my sincere and friendly suggestion. Hope you will not mistake me other than asking me not to attempt to brain wash you, that is fine with me to be warned.

Thanks.

ps. I was born because my parents decided to have another child... and my kids were born because my wife and I wanted to have two kids to love and raise them...as a way of preserving our lineage via our DNA imprints... Nothing more nothing less...the heredity continues for ever if the members decide so... whether the Man-made Religions and GODs continue to exist or not! Lol.

Peace.

Shri Y,

Things are not so well-defined in this world. There are many parents who long for a child but do not get one, now such people take the help of fertility clinics and, despite, all the best and up todate tests done on the fertilized embryo which is transplanted, the child born has some birth defect. The same couple get a perfectly natural (born out of intercourse) next time.

My niece delivered a boy (first delivery) with "water in the brain" (I forget the medical term). Though the pregnancy was monitored in one of the hospitals of good standing in Chennai, this deformation became detectable only in the ultrasound scan days before delivery and never during the first trimester when abortion could have been done. My niece's husband being a young and fighting type of man, complained and then the earlier ultrasounds were examined by his own relative gynaecologist (as a special case) and she also said there was no lapse or negligence on the part of the hospital people. How do we explain this? Natural mistake?

The boy, now 8 years and overweight has still to be nursed like a small baby of 6 months or so. Because a shunt was implanted when the baby was just 2 weeks old, it has not been necessary to go periodically for sucking out the fluid periodically.

The boy, now 8 years and overweight has still to be nursed like a small baby of 6 months or so. Because a shunt was implanted when the baby was just 2 weeks old, it has not been necessary to go periodically for sucking out the fluid periodically.

sangom sir, with due sympathy and concern, permit me to use the same eg, to discuss here with.

one can call it as a karma for this poor child, and another make fun out of this karmic effect on this innocent child. a dilemma to choose the right one.

but, unlike any other Mein Kampf boys, a karma believer don't find this child as a waste of national resource. a karma follower will not terminate this child from this world, just because its a pain for family, or a waste of natural resource or unproductive. also would not terminate this child, at least for fear of acquiring another bad karma of killing.

follower of dawkin may say, love of mother protects. its natural, as per evolutionary principles, the mother likes the child which loves her the most, or gets her pride the most.love is not equally shared in this world.

where as for those who dont believe in divine authority , without purpose in life, would see it as 'survival of fittest', would declare this child as deemed unfit for survival.

which option is more appealing? which one fits the best with the world view? i agree, both the sides don't have a crystal clear answer, but we can find our choice naturally tilts to one side.

lets do an introspection and choose the best.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks.

Peace.

The purpose of Human Life??

PURPOSE - Face all the challenges during the life span of survival. Physical challenges, mental challenges, emotional challenges. Physical-Mental-Emotional are interelated challenges that need to be fine tuned with the Supreme Energies of the Nature, living this physical world. Exhaust and get rid of selfishness, lust, desires, hatred, greed, delusion and all the sufferings without resorting to wrong doing in order to be united with the Supreme Being.

You were born because your parent have decided to have another child and your kids were born because yourself and your wife wanted to have two kids. This is perfectly right with once one.

Can you guarantee that any one decided so would for sure be granted?

Do you ever come across the cases where dead babies are delivered with out a clue by a Dr. that the child will be dead before delivery or will die in two days, when all the altra sound scan etc showed good progress of the growth till 7th month of pregnency and the mother could feel the baby kicking her?

Dear Sangom,

sad to read about the hydrocephalic child and the thought that many have that 1st trimester abortion could have solved the matter if detected earlier.
you know out here in Malaysia I have seen malay muslim parents that do not abort such children becos they feel that they have no right to take a life of a child and its God's will that they are given such a child to look after.
Many take care of such children till the childs last breath but the many temple going Hindus just opt for abortion if such cases arise.

The child might not exists physically if abortion is done but none of us know the actual life span of the child and what he/she endures in the astral plane.
Every child normal or not has a right to live and should never be considered a mere statistic in hospital records.

Dear Ravi,

You wrote:
Do you ever come across the cases where dead babies are delivered with out a clue by a Dr. that the child will be dead before delivery or will die in two days, when all the altra sound scan etc showed good progress of the growth till 7th month of pregnency and the mother could feel the baby kicking her?

Believe me you are 100% right.

Dear Sangom,

sad to read about the hydrocephalic child and the thought that many have that 1st trimester abortion could have solved the matter if detected earlier.
you know out here in Malaysia I have seen malay muslim parents that do not abort such children becos they feel that they have no right to take a life of a child and its God's will that they are given such a child to look after.
Many take care of such children till the childs last breath but the many temple going Hindus just opt for abortion if such cases arise.

The child might not exists physically if abortion is done but none of us know the actual life span of the child and what he/she endures in the astral plane.
Every child normal or not has a right to live and should never be considered a mere statistic in hospital records.

doc, a wonderful post.

i tried to click the LIKE button three times..i got back an unlike. I wish there is an option here to have 10 LIKES..

cheers.. you said it, right! 19 salutes to you, which is far more than ten LIKES..

Well, one has to take a philosophical attitude. To use puranic analogy, asuric forces are more noisy, violent and keen to destroy what they don't approve and do not hesitate to throw filth, dung, blood and rotten meat. Ear plugs and an umbrella provide the best protection.

I feel and practice not to get into point by point rebuttal; instead it is better to reemphasize positive points germane to the issue under discussion. The debate cannot be won by scoring on a few cheap points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back