• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Rationale behind Karma Theory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Naina Sir,

Can't stop laughing after reading your posts! After all, men are men whether in India of the U S of A!! :D

I have heard that in Sing. Chennai, some shop keepers don't allow the helper boys to go out to do the job since they might take

longer time than needed, to escape from hard work; so they are given some empty plastic bottles to be filled up by them!

May be, the boys will empty the bottles it in some corner of the road, at night!! :yuck:

post 124 _It is very important for tamil brahmins to know about truck bombs in usa

it appears the post has a lot to do with this thread 'the rational behind karma theory'

only the member who has posted it can give an explanation why american drivers behave the way they do

an important question is whose karma it is the drivers or highwaymen who have to handle the issue or the addicts who drink from bottles left behind by truck drivers.lol

Last edited:
Dear Krish Sir,

In one community in Coimbatore district people say 'idhu enna karumamO!' when they find something embarrassing!

So........ It is the bad karmA of the cleaners; what else? :)

Dear KRN Ji,

Arya does not mean Pride..Arya means Noble One.

A Noble One does not shy away from his duties and is brave to face adversity.Pride has no role here.

Pride is not a prerequisite for a spiritual aspirant..in fact it clouds the intellect.

Pride is Mada....there can not be a good pride or a bad pride.Pride is Pride and this eventually leads to Prejudice and a man would never be able to look beyond himself.

I dont think any religious text or school of thought recommends even small doses of pride.

While there are explosion of posts in this thread on various topics and hence hard to keep up with quick scanning, this post is one I can resonate with.

Pride arises out of ignorance and has no place for anyone serious about personal maturity and growth. It is not to be mistaken with healthy self esteem or with conviction of one's understanding of universal principles.
It is not about व्यवसायात्मिका बुद्धिः ...

Pride of anything is merely a superimposition one one's ego and is about taking credit for something that has no connection to them.

But in ordinary life usage of the word Pride is fine since it usually refers to a sense of good self esteem.

post 124 _It is very important .....
only the member who has posted it can give an explanation why american drivers behave the way they do

an important question is whose karma it is the drivers or highwaymen who have to handle the issue or the addicts who drink from bottles left behind by truck drivers.lol

"The member who has posted it can give an explanation" when he gets a response to post #24, since his explanation will depend on what response he gets.

Regarding the "important question is whose karma it is the drivers or highwaymen who have to handle the issue or the addicts who drink from bottles left behind by truck drivers", RRji has given one answer above ( post #128) and perhaps that will suffice for the time being.

While there are explosion of posts in this thread on various topics and hence hard to keep up with quick scanning, this post is one I can resonate with.

Pride arises out of ignorance and has no place for anyone serious about personal maturity and growth. It is not to be mistaken with healthy self esteem or with conviction of one's understanding of universal principles.
It is not about व्यवसायात्मिका बुद्धिः ...

Pride of anything is merely a superimposition one one's ego and is about taking credit for something that has no connection to them.

But in ordinary life usage of the word Pride is fine since it usually refers to a sense of good self esteem.
I agree with your view, and voiced similar opinion in my earlier post#37 and#54.
Pride is EGo driven, Ego is the cause of Downfall in the path of spiritual Knowledge.

American Truckers may have behaved that way in the 1950s.
It is very easy to make a confident statement without facts.
And if you constantly jeep telling lies over a period of time people assume it to be true.

The U.S. Department of Transportation and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration are responsible for developing and enforcing federal regulations concerning drivers with a commercial driver's license. This responsibility includes the time a driver can spend behind the wheel of their truck. This time is recorded in the driver's DOT log book, which the driver must have at all times. Each log book makes a carbon copy, which the driver must turn into his company, and he must be ready to produce the original to any DOT officer upon request.

Read more : DOT Regulations on Driving Hours | eHow

We also have truck stops where the drivers can get Diesel and bathrooms, In addition there are separate truck rest areas built by DOT.
Now that incentive to reach the destination quickly has been removed, the truck driver is forced to make more stops.

But in ordinary life usage of the word Pride is fine since it usually refers toa sense of good self esteem.

This perfectly captures the essence of my statement,nothing to do with pride, ego & downfall of empires etc.. LOL

It is important; we honor our ancestors, culture, andtradition & carry them for generations. Those who forsake the traditions,culture or feel inferior about our culture etc… will also feel inferior aboutthemselves.

This is the main reason why minorities, Indians, AfricanAmericans etc.. have such terrible inferiority complex. They look at thesewhites as Gods & keep complaining about racism for everything. They wantthe White approval for everything, marrying some silly white girl with nobrains is so important to them. If the whites say anything negative, they cryracism. I couldn’t care for rats sss if anyone called me any names.. LOL !!

Gosh - how many times the Indians settled in west keepsaying – Thank you… to some silly junk white clerk or gas attendant whereas the same people when they come toIndia will not say thank you to aged parents who looked after them & gotthem to this stage.

Now if our people know that all the Gods, culture, traditions etc.. that Whitesworship have been taken from us, they will realize they are no great shakes…& get on with their life without waiting for any approval crap from thewhites – LOL !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back