• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Theory of Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Shri Nara,

Consider this:

Thoughts are signals too as they carry information. I will come to the question whether they travel or not like the other signals.

If they are physical signals, the physical energy required to produce such highly informative signals would be very high. Does or can the brain produce so much of physical energy? Also we do not have any physical experience or impact when thoughts are produced.

I would say that thoughts are a different level of signals that are not physical but mental. Mental signals transcend the physical realm and hence would be found everywhere when created. Thus they "travel" instantaneously to any part of the world.

The conclusion is there is an higher entity called mind which is responsible for the creation of mental signals called thoughts. Mind is the unified energy of brain. Such an unified energy is also responsible for consciousness of self.

You are right that the mind creates mental signals a.k.a Thoughts.
I have read before that Mind in the state of volition is Manas,in the state of decision is Buddhi, in the state of repository is Chitta and in the state of "i am the doer ship" is Ahamkara.

What exactly is Thoughts? Could be it coded signals that actually leave a blue print in the Cosmos?
Thoughts do travel.

To animate the human body we need Prajna(Constant Integrated Awareness).

Prajna is also termed the Universal Mind and Prajna travels by radiation.

Prajna=Universal Mind(at a Macrocosmic level)
Thoughts=Individual Mind(Microcosmic level)

Since microcosm mimicks macrocosm so I guess Thoughts travel by Radiation too.

what say you Sravna?

You are right that the mind creates mental signals a.k.a Thoughts.
I have read before that Mind in the state of volition is Manas,in the state of decision is Buddhi, in the state of repository is Chitta and in the state of "i am the doer ship" is Ahamkara.

What exactly is Thoughts? Could be it coded signals that actually leave a blue print in the Cosmos?
Thoughts do travel.

To animate the human body we need Prajna(Constant Integrated Awareness).

Prajna is also termed the Universal Mind and Prajna travels by radiation.

Prajna=Universal Mind(at a Macrocosmic level)
Thoughts=Individual Mind(Microcosmic level)

Since microcosm mimicks macrocosm so I guess Thoughts travel by Radiation too.

what say you Sravna?

Yes. IMO, call it as Radiation / Vibration..It is enrgy that influences the bain. This vibrating/radiating energy thus could help brain to perceive different set of ideas/realizations/determinations. The karma plays a key role that enables a soul to be receiptive to such positive or negative vibrations as per good or bad karma.

These positive and negative radiations/vibrations are all pervading in our environment, surrounding us. Surrounding each and every individual. It is upto us/soul to tap them. The Karma we had in the past and having in present life paves the way towards grasping such energies.

That's how our brain can change to think and act with perceptions and determinations contrary to what was perceived and actioned upon before changing. That's how the "thought process" can differ from time to time and the actions arising out of them leads to good or bad karma.

Along with you I shall wait for Shri Sravna's opinion

Yes. IMO, call it as Radiation / Vibration..It is enrgy that influences the bain. This vibrating/radiating energy thus could help brain to perceive different set of ideas/realizations/determinations. The karma plays a key role that enables a soul to be receiptive to such positive or negative vibrations as per good or bad karma.

These positive and negative radiations/vibrations are all pervading in our environment, surrounding us. Surrounding each and every individual. It is upto us/soul to tap them. The Karma we had in the past and having in present life paves the way towards grasping such energies.

That's how our brain can change to think and act with perceptions and determinations contrary to what was perceived and actioned upon before changing. That's how the "thought process" can differ from time to time and the actions arising out of them leads to good or bad karma.

Dear Ravi,

I know what you mean by Vibrations here but just a point to readers here that Prajna needs no medium to be transported just like Suns Rays..reaches us by Radiation.

Prana of the other hand travels by Vibration and a medium of transport(molecules) is needed.Thats why an intact Central Nervous System is needed for full function of human body.
A severed spinal cord cant transmit the Prana.So I guess the day we can have stem cell cultures to culture cells to brigde the severed lesion at the spinal cord..we can have paraplegics walking again.I know study is already on the way and its a matter of time science will able to do this.

Last edited:

Shri Ravi,

My doubt is we all say "brain perceives", but what is it in the brain that actually does the perceiving? May be the answer then is intelligence or intellect; if we enquire where this intellect is, the answer again will be "in the brain". What exactly is in the brain that processes the various stimulii from the sense organs, deciphers what it is, decides what should be done or not to be done, and gives the necessary commands to the various parts of the body? may be science has already found the answer to these but if someone can give the gist of the scientific findings, I will be thankful.

Dear Ravi,

I know what you mean by Vibrations here but just a point to readers here that Prajna needs no medium to be transported just like Suns Rays..reaches us by Radiation.

Prana of the other hand travels by Vibration and a medium of transport(molecules) is needed.Thats why an intact Central Nervous System is needed for full function of human body.
A severed spinal cord cant transmit the Prana.So I guess the day we can have stem cell cultures to culture cells to brigde the severed lesion at the spinal cord..we can have paraplegics walking again.I know study is already on the way and its a matter of time science will able to do this.

Buy culturing cells to bridge the severed lesion at the spinal cord can for sure have paraplegics walking again. I could consider this as anatomical restoration to fecilitate organs with their actual functioning abilities.

The Stem Cell culture would for sure cure many diseases and malfunction of organs. But can not alter one's mental perceptions, thought process, realizations, understandings etc..etc.

You can visualize a Magnet and a Metal getting attracted to each other and get stuck together. But you neither can visualize the force/energy/gravity that is attaching each other nor the channel of such energy tansport.Even a certain extent of layerd object between the two can not hinder Magnet and Metal attachment

As Shri Yamaka says, he has a wish and a plan to do research and succeed in influencing brain and mental energies of each and every human and make them all Briliant/Expert/Authority/humanist without any lapse in their chosen subject matter, we may have to wait and watch!

Menwhile, let us stick to "Thought Process" energies that are acting upon certain signals and the mode of transport of such signals.

The Stem Cell culture would for sure cure many diseases and malfunction of organs. But can not alter one's mental perceptions, thought process, realizations, understandings etc..etc.
Thots can be altered. Here is a link on Lobotomy - Medscape: Medscape Access (am never gonna say lobotomy is good, but yes thots can be altered). Our thoughts are generated by the brain...If brain ceases to function it cannot generate consciousness. If brain receives a hurt then it can forget all memory; or it can generate emotions never experienced before. Our emotions are byproducts of chemical reactions in the brain. But somehow structure decides function...

If stem cell treatment is being used for so many diseases who knows it may used for neurological and psychiatric disorders in future. Maybe a frankenstein can be turned into a saint and vice-versa. Who knows a day may come when court will order stem cell treatment to permanently alter the behavior and moods of criminals (it will be thrilling to see what will happen to our politicians then)...for the stressed out common man maybe there will be designer drugs that can cause euphoria without addiction...

Thots can be altered. Here is a link on Lobotomy - Medscape: Medscape Access (am never gonna say lobotomy is good, but yes thots can be altered). Our thoughts are generated by the brain...If brain ceases to function it cannot generate consciousness. If brain receives a hurt then it can forget all memory; or it can generate emotions never experienced before. Our emotions are byproducts of chemical reactions in the brain. But somehow
structure decides function...

If stem cell treatment is being used for so many diseases who knows it may used for neurological and psychiatric disorders in future. Maybe a frankenstein can be turned into a saint and vice-versa. Who knows a day may come when court will order stem cell treatment to permanently alter the behavior and moods of criminals (it will be thrilling to see what will happen to our politicians then)...for the stressed out common man maybe there will be designer drugs that can cause euphoria without addiction...

Interesting read....Thanks for sharing this with all of us here...

The concluding para of the article -

-------------------

Yet, even as these operations enjoyed their heyday, a backlash had begun; the luster on this "miracle" cure began to tarnish. The indiscriminate use of crude surgical interventions, coupled with a paucity of valid tools to assess psychiatric outcomes, often led to tragic consequences such as radical personality changes and cognitive decline. By the mid 1950s, over 20,000 frontal lobotomies had been performed in the United States alone.[SUP][3] [/SUP]The damage associated with such indiscriminate use of this procedure was twofold. Firstly, although some patients benefited, many patients suffered. Secondly, the effort to surgically treat psychiatric disorders was permanently sullied. Indeed, many countries throughout the world outlawed the practice altogether .

-------------------

Thats how and why was my statement in my post #106-

"The Stem Cell culture would for sure cure many diseases and malfunction of organs. But can not alter one's mental perceptions, thought process, realizations, understandings etc..etc."

Anything effectively done by science to a dead brain/dying brain, backing it up with artificial intelligence/mental caliber, would make human no better than a Robot.....

Last edited:
...Thoughts are signals too as they carry information. I will come to the question whether they travel or not like the other signals..
Thanks sravna for your reply. What I presented was based on long and painstaking research presented by the scientific community, and the thoughtful analysis of modern philosophers who rely on rationality, not religiosity.

Now, you have come up with a theory based on your a priori allegiance to spirituality and some imagination on your part, nothing more. If one can provide some verifiable evidence for this theory, even if it is not clinching but only suggestive, then, I am sure scientists will fall over each other to study it further. Until then, I can't take your speculations seriously.

Cheers!

Thanks sravna for your reply. What I presented was based on long and painstaking research presented by the scientific community, and the thoughtful analysis of modern philosophers who rely on rationality, not religiosity.

Now, you have come up with a theory based on your a priori allegiance to spirituality and some imagination on your part, nothing more. If one can provide some verifiable evidence for this theory, even if it is not clinching but only suggestive, then, I am sure scientists will fall over each other to study it further. Until then, I can't take your speculations seriously.

Cheers!

Tell me, which is speculative in the following:

1. Thoughts carry information
2. Thoughts are produced by brain (would be according to physicalists)
3. Creation of information requires energy
4. Brain does not produce so much physical energy

Last edited:
Thots can be altered. Here is a link on Lobotomy - Medscape: Medscape Access (am never gonna say lobotomy is good, but yes thots can be altered). Our thoughts are generated by the brain...If brain ceases to function it cannot generate consciousness. If brain receives a hurt then it can forget all memory; or it can generate emotions never experienced before. Our emotions are byproducts of chemical reactions in the brain. But somehow structure decides function...

Smt. Happy Hindu,

I am unable to see the point that "thoughts can be altered - by lobotomy or some other wise" in the link given. May be this is my ignorance and lack of understanding. "treating psychiatric disorders" is what I can find in it but this does not imo imply that the patient's thoughts were altered, it could have been killing of thoughts. See the following criticism of frontal lobotomy:

"As early as 1944 an author in the Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease remarked: "The history of prefrontal lobotomy has been brief and stormy. Its course has been dotted with both violent opposition and with slavish, unquestioning acceptance." Beginning in 1947 Swedish psychiatrist Snorre Wohlfahrt evaluated early trials, reporting that it is "distinctly hazardous to leucotomize schizophrenics" and lobotomy to be "still too imperfect to enable us, with its aid, to venture on a general offensive against chronic cases of mental disorder" and stating that "Psychosurgery has as yet failed to discover its precise indications and contraindications and the methods must unfortunately still be regarded as rather crude and hazardous in many respects."[SUP][40][/SUP] In 1948 Norbert Wiener, the author of Cybernetics: Or the Control and Communication in the Animal and the Machine, said: "[P]refrontal lobotomy... has recently been having a certain vogue, probably not unconnected with the fact that it makes the custodial care of many patients easier. Let me remark in passing that killing them makes their custodial care still easier."[SUP][45][/SUP]

Concerns about lobotomy steadily grew. The USSR officially banned the procedure in 1950.[SUP][46][/SUP] Doctors in the Soviet Union concluded that the procedure was "contrary to the principles of humanity" and that it turned "an insane person into an idiot."[SUP][47][/SUP] By the 1970s, numerous countries had banned the procedure as had several US states.[SUP][48][/SUP] Other forms of psychosurgery continued to be legally practiced in controlled and regulated US centers and in Finland, Sweden, the UK, Spain, India, Belgium and the Netherlands.
In 1977 the US Congress created the National Committee for the Protection of Human Subjects of Biomedical and Behavioral Research to investigate allegations that psychosurgery—including lobotomy techniques—were used to control minorities and restrain individual rights. It also investigated the after-effects of surgery. The committee concluded that some extremely limited and properly performed psychosurgery could have positive effects.
By the early 1970s the practice of lobotomy had generally ceased, but some countries continued to use other forms of psychosurgery. In 2001 there were, for example, 70 operations in Belgium, about 15 in the UK and about 15 a year at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, while France had carried out operations on about 5 patients a year in the early 1980s.[SUP][49][/SUP]" (Lobotomy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Hence it may be more appropriate to say that by cutting of some portion of the brain, the person's thoughts can be eradicated or killed.

What I emphasize is that science does not seem to have come anywhere near to "altering thoughts" like, for example, altering a person's extreme liking for sweets, or changing one person's hatred for pets into an acceptance of pet animals, etc.

According to me, therefore, while science can go only up to the brain and its neurons, science has very little knowledge of who or what activates the neurons and also in such a way that the brain reacts to the same stimulus in different ways in different people. Perhaps it may be said that this is done by genes, but, again, there is no clear answer to who or what activates the genes so as to make the brain work in different ways. All that can be said is "Genes, Brain - together they manage the entire show; but we don't yet know how."

I am sure that further research will take it to more and more into a sort of Mandelbrot set imagery, world-inside-world-inside-world, something which Particle physics has revealed so far.

Dear Sangom sir,

Hence it may be more appropriate to say that by cutting of some portion of the brain, the person's thoughts can be eradicated or killed.

What I emphasize is that science does not seem to have come anywhere near to "altering thoughts" like, for example, altering a person's extreme liking for sweets, or changing one person's hatred for pets into an acceptance of pet animals, etc.

The first para is right. By destroying brain tissue a patient's behavior could be altered (that is thots and moods could be altered in mentally ill patients). After anti-psycotic drugs came on the scene lobotomies were rubbished off since chemicals could achieve the required changes in a patient. Its a recorded fact that psychiatric drugs can change and alter moods. Some links are The Oxytocin Cure | Psychology Today and Primary Psychiatry: Oxytocin and Vasopressin: Social Neuropeptides (please do read the second link).

According to me, therefore, while science can go only up to the brain and its neurons, science has very little knowledge of who or what activates the neurons and also in such a way that the brain reacts to the same stimulus in different ways in different people. Perhaps it may be said that this is done by genes, but, again, there is no clear answer to who or what activates the genes so as to make the brain work in different ways. All that can be said is "Genes, Brain - together they manage the entire show; but we don't yet know how."

I am sure that further research will take it to more and more into a sort of Mandelbrot set imagery, world-inside-world-inside-world, something which Particle physics has revealed so far.
i agree.

i do not know much abt this subject. But here is my 1 bit cent.
It is said that the same stimulus may beget different reactions in people due to different memories we have accumulated since childhood. But what is memory and how it works, etc is i feel is still not understood well.

From the scientific pov, maybe it is said there is no purvajanma vasanas. But maybe something more has not been studied yet. Maybe as new discoveries are made, we will slowly understand this grand design? why genes work the way they do? who knows really...

Last edited:
Dear Renuka and Ravi,

I do not if vedas say anything about how thoughts travel. Will check up on that. But it seems logical, that physical energy being confined within space and time, mental energy transcending space and spiritual energy transcending both space and time, it is physical energy only that travels. Mental energy need not travel. Once it is produced it is everywhere in space. Spiritual energy is a step further it is everywhere , all the time.

The ability of mind to do good depends on how much it is in sync with the spiritual energy. The greater the sync with the spiritual energy, the greater it is in sync with reality and hence would grasp the right knowledge. The purpose of karma is to do and undo. You learn by commiting mistakes. Either bad karma or good karma you do both and both are countered subsequently to finally be in sync with the spiritual energy. So if you see your journey to moksha as a whole there will be perfect balance of the karmas. This is my interpretation.

Tell me, which is speculative in the following:

1. Thoughts carry information
2. Thoughts are produced by brain (would be according to physicalists)
3. Creation of information requires energy
4. Brain does not produce so much physical energy
sravna, #2 is obvious. #1 and #3 are ambiguous (thoughts do not carry information it is made of information; you need to be precise about what you mean by creation of information), #4 is pure speculation.

Whatever may be the case, the following you said in post #100 is just imagination and that is what I am rejecting.

"I would say that thoughts are a different level of signals that are not physical but mental. Mental signals transcend the physical realm and hence would be found everywhere when created. Thus they "travel" instantaneously to any part of the world.

The conclusion is there is an higher entity called mind which is responsible for the creation of mental signals called thoughts. Mind is the unified energy of brain. Such an unified energy is also responsible for consciousness of self.
"

If you have any verifiable evidence for this theory, even if it is not clinching but only suggestive, please let us know.

Cheers!

Smt. Renuka,

Does the above assertion have scientific support or scriptural backing? In either case, pl.furnish particulars for information.
Thanks in advance.

Dear Sangom Ji,

I got the info about Prajna from Sathya Sai Speaks All about Spirituality in Q & A.

sravna, #2 is obvious. #1 and #3 are ambiguous (thoughts do not carry information it is made of information; you need to be precise about what you mean by creation of information), #4 is pure speculation.

Whatever may be the case, the following you said in post #100 is just imagination and that is what I am rejecting.

"I would say that thoughts are a different level of signals that are not physical but mental. Mental signals transcend the physical realm and hence would be found everywhere when created. Thus they "travel" instantaneously to any part of the world.

"

If you have any verifiable evidence for this theory, even if it is not clinching but only suggestive, please let us know.

Cheers!

Shri Nara,

If brain cannot produce such physical energy as where does it get the energy from to produce thoughts, then thoughts have to be mental energy. It also follows that it is produced by a mental entity and not by the brain.

namaste everyone.

I have posted an article containing a mathematical equation of karma in the "Seeker's Questions" thread at the following link:
http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/general-discussions/6836-seekers-questions-11.html#post97781

This article explains many things we discuss here: karma, thoughts, feelings and emotions, etc. and establishes that our thoughts and emotions manifest in the quantum field that pervades our biological body. I infer from this that the brain can and does only act as a receiver and transmitter of thoughts and emotions and make them manifest in the human biological apparatus.

smt.ReNukA, wrt your post #103, a friend of mine told me that all the stem cells a body needs are there in the umbilical cord, which is presently discarded on birth of a child. It is possible to preserve this cord cryogenically and reclaim the stem cells in future. Your and others' opinions on this are welcome.

smt.HH, wrt your post #107, in my considered opinion thoughts and emotions and consciousness manifest beyond-the-biological limits of the body and this is likely to be in the quantum field, as the article I quoted above shows. Stem cell research can at best restore normal functioning of body's outer and inner parts.

my view is:

If subsequent generations of the same species improve and evolve (like higher IQ- now obsolete, life expectancy, physical strength etc. it is evolution.

If new species are produced, it is mutation - not evolution. Darwin's theory is being questioned now.

All our siddhantams agree that only the soul evolves to a higher level closer to the supreme soul; birth in a human or an animal body is only a means to the final salvation.

namaste everyone.

Ismt.ReNukA, wrt your post #103, a friend of mine told me that all the stem cells a body needs are there in the umbilical cord, which is presently discarded on birth of a child. It is possible to preserve this cord cryogenically and reclaim the stem cells in future. Your and others' opinions on this are welcome.

Shri saidevo,

In "God Exists" thread, while discussing on supreme intelligence of the Allmighty/God, I have mentioned the same.

Doctors in New Delhi are working on Umblical Cord Blood Stem Cell for treatment of Cerebral Palsy, to improve quality of life of children.

The details can be found in the link -

http://cordbloodbankinginfo.com/295...blood-stem-cell-treatment-for-cerebral-palsy/

As I too believe and stated the same in my previous post, the advancement of science can postitively and constructively acheive the normal functionality of body's outer and inner parts (still artifical limbs can never replace the natural limbs).

Any scientific influence towards the manupulation of the natural brain would only create havoc. It would be only abnormal for the worst.

Brain functionality can be manupulated but not the mental energies/frequencies. Such mental energies and frequencies and its transformations can never been touched upon for any required alterations, IMO.

Last edited:
my view is:

If subsequent generations of the same species improve and evolve (like higher IQ- now obsolete, life expectancy, physical strength etc. it is evolution.

If new species are produced, it is mutation - not evolution. Darwin's theory is being questioned now.

All our siddhantams agree that only the soul evolves to a higher level closer to the supreme soul; birth in a human or an animal body is only a means to the final salvation.
sir, maybe you are thinking mutations and evolution are 2 diff things ??

Dear Renuka and Ravi,

I do not if vedas say anything about how thoughts travel. Will check up on that. But it seems logical, that physical energy being confined within space and time, mental energy transcending space and spiritual energy transcending both space and time, it is physical energy only that travels. Mental energy need not travel. Once it is produced it is everywhere in space. Spiritual energy is a step further it is everywhere , all the time.

The ability of mind to do good depends on how much it is in sync with the spiritual energy. The greater the sync with the spiritual energy, the greater it is in sync with reality and hence would grasp the right knowledge. The purpose of karma is to do and undo. You learn by commiting mistakes. Either bad karma or good karma you do both and both are countered subsequently to finally be in sync with the spiritual energy. So if you see your journey to moksha as a whole there will be perfect balance of the karmas. This is my interpretation.

Sravna is there any evidence in our scriptures on this three types of energy spiritual, physical and mental . If so what is the term for energy used in the scriptures and where is it given three separate qualifications the way you say.
Is it your theory and do you have any personal experiences which validate it?

namaste everyone.

This debate is carried on well, although there are occasional opinionated, prejudicial and even irresponsible statements from the side of the non-believers in spirituality.

• The crux of the debate is that karma is a spiritual (which means metaphysical)--NOT RELIGIOUS--concept. When you as a non-beleiver say that you don't believe in spirituality/metaphysics, there is no need to trash religions, religious leaders or religious practices.

• Similarly, if you as a non-believer say that scriptures are false, you should understand that the believer has the right to say that science is false too, in the sense of being uncertain and illusional.

• When a spiritual concept such as pUrva-janma-karma or rebirth of the soul after death, or the reality of the soul itself as metaphysical consciousness, has no scientific backing, a non-believer can say only as much in the interest of a fair and mature debate.

• It is alright to say that science will definitely find the answers in its ultimate physical reality of the world, but not accuse the believers that they are gullible or victims of ignorance (not using these same words) or using these words:

In my considered opinion, the peddlers of poorva-janma karma, grace/good work, submission, are the most immoral people to inhabit this earth, for they bring misery to people when they are alive, with a promise of reward after they are dead. (Nara, post #24)

I hope these requirements are fair enough for us to proceed with some more meaningful discussions, although it is not a question of one side convicing the other, but only of examining the various possibilities.

One thing both the believers and non-believers agree on is that karma as cause/action is sure to give its effects. The question is how the karmic seeds are preserved until they manifest later.

• Belief in afterlife beyond death of the physical body and the karmic actions being carried over for manifestation in subsequent births, IMO, is a satisfactory answer, which as a hypothesis is as valid as any of science.

• In countering this hypothesis, all that the non-believers need to do is to explain, if there is no afterlife and reincarnation, how are the karmic seeds preserved in the physical realm and how they manifest later.

• The microlepton hypothesis of preservation of karmic seeds I mentioned in post #117 seems to be a possible answer that can satisfy those who follow science. Although it belongs to this thread more than the other, I posted it there since we are discussing subtle bodies and worlds there.

Sangom said in post #32:
All our actions, both good to the society (others) and bad to them, shape a Karmic layer around our physical body. This layer survives the body on its death and attaches itself to another body as soon as fertilization occurs. Thus the new body inherits the balance-sheet of some past person's life and is destined to experience the good and bad results arising therefrom. This in brief is my concept of Karma.

To which Nara replied in post #34:
Sorry, this to me is no less fantastic than poorva-janma karma. To theorize personalized karma balance to be transmitted upon death, there must be some plausible way for this transmission to take place. This leads to complicating the problem. This is unacceptable to me.

and Nara further said in post #59:
The spiritual entity theory starts with a big assumption that there is a ghost in the machine, which throws open a slew of new questions. To answer these questions, the spiritual entity theory relies on more assumptions like poorva-janma karma, etc., which in turn opens up further question like how a record of this poorva-janma karma is kept, how it is transmitted, and so on.

It seems the microlepton hypothesis answers these problems, so I think we can discuss its pros and cons here.

Sangom said in post #111:

shrI Sangom, do you think that the 'who or what' and the 'world-inside-world-inside-world' in the above quote must necessarily be physical which will be eventually be found by science or there is a possibility of metaphysical reality behind them?

HH says in post #112:
From the scientific pov, maybe it is said there is no purvajanma vasanas. But maybe something more has not been studied yet. Maybe as new discoveries are made, we will slowly understand this grand design? why genes work the way they do? who knows really...

Y, who knows maybe there is purvajanma karma but the concept got abused and misused by those who wanted to cheat innocent people...(post #75)

Would this mean, smt.HH, that this concept as explained in our scriptures is unrealiable and it is wrong to believe in it until science finds an answer (assuming it can)?

Last edited:
Sravna is there any evidence in our scriptures on this three types of energy spiritual, physical and mental . If so what is the term for energy used in the scriptures and where is it given three separate qualifications the way you say.
Is it your theory and do you have any personal experiences which validate it?

Dear Shri Subbudu,

I am not sure whether scriptures say it in exactly the same away but what I say is inferencing from them. Scriptures say that brahman is beyond space and time which is nothing but pure spiritual energy. We know that physical energy is bound in space and time. Mental energy doesn't transcend time because none of the ordinary beings can see the future perfectly.

HH says in post #112:

Y, who knows maybe there is purvajanma karma but the concept got abused and misused by those who wanted to cheat innocent people...(post #75)

Would this mean, smt.HH, that this concept as explained in our scriptures is unrealiable and it is wrong to believe in it until science finds an answer (assuming it can)?
Which portion of which scriptures sir? Whichever parts you are referring to, i can say only one thing -- i cannot stand guarantee that either science or the scriptures are correct.

Sangom said in post #111:

shrI Sangom, do you think that the 'who or what' and the 'world-inside-world-inside-world' in the above quote must necessarily be physical which will be eventually be found by science or there is a possibility of metaphysical reality behind them?

Shri Saidevo,

My belief is that as science progresses, more and more powerful instruments will be brought into use and may be newer types of radiation will be harnessed for this purpose also and these together will reveal to science material 'world-inside-world-inside-world' which is not the usual "doll-inside-doll" thing but of the Mandelbrot set, just as the atom, atomic particles, Quarks, Leptons and strings, now.

ATMB (According to my belief) the Life Force which manifests as the myriad of lives, is the same entity which causes all that we experience in this universe. It is the same entity which makes us experience this universe in the way we do. (Hence, the advaitha view that the external world is an illusion may be appreciated to the extent that we cannot comprehend at all what our experience will have been if this Life Force did not activate us. But the problem with Advaita is that Sankara proposed Brahman, jeeva and Maayaa and tied the Advaitha into knots. If he had said, instead, that Brahman when functioning inside the jaDa physical body created the illusory experience of the world, the difficulties created for advaita due to the concept of Maayaa could have been avoided. But then Sankara would be just repacking Saamkhya and that was his problem, imho.)

This Life Force which impels us into action, cannot be understood or "experienced" by or through the body, mind, intellect, ahamkaara, prajna or whatever else we may introduce into the topic. Neither science nor philosophy nor any other religious method like meditation and all that will ever be able to do that, ATMB. Religion becomes redundant once we are convinced of this.

Hope I have been able to explain my views clearly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back