• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

is love marriage acceptance

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right. According to traditions, if a girl from Brahmin community marries a non-Brahmin she loses her Brahmin identity. Similarly, if a so called pariah girl, marries a Brahmin, she becomes Brahmin. While at this, I just remembered an anecdote quoted by a Mangalorean. Please read this in a lighter vein. An aged boy unwittingly joined another who invited him to a hotel which was serving 'hardware' stuff. This 'breach' somehow reached the boy's father. The boy was thrashed very badly. The father wondering himself asked the boy how could he go to the hotel in the first place when he had not given him any money. Wailing and weeping the boy feebly told him he had no money but another Brahmin boy was with him who paid the bill. The father castigated the boy for not telling this before. Had he known this, he would not have given him the thrashing but exonerated him as he was in the company of a Brahmin! That is the effect of the Company you keep! The value is correct and let us not under-value it.

This brings to mind an incident that happened long ago. Once I attended an upanayanam function in the house of Shivali (Tuluva) brahmin. While taking food, the householder placed a Coin (phala dana) by the side of the Leaf spread for food to all those who were sitting. But my colleague who was sitting by my side refused to accept the same. I was little embarrassed by this act of my colleague who was a non brahmin (Shetty). But later I came to know from my colleague, that It was the tradition among the Shetty Community in Mangalore (South Canara) not to accept money from a Brahmin. Instead they consider it is their duty to give money to Brahmins and not take from them. Even now learned (in Vedic knowledge) Brahmins are revered by other communities and addressed with respectful honorifics, in coastal areas of Karnataka.

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore

When such marriages take place, the parents often take it as their karma and has to be undergone. There are many cultural problems and shocks when intercaste marriages occur. Cinemas may wax eloquent about love etc. but in the long run, God only knows!

Am not wrong KRS ji......

I stand on it... Well if indians and pakistanis may be south indian race....but wat about culture....

Our tradition and culture are entirely different from pakistanis.. Dont compare pakistanis with brahmin culture ji......

I object girls marrying NB boys.... that is my stand.... Well if such things still continues, its only because of the parents who are not brought up in right way....

That shud be the reason.....

agreed ...

true love
always be accepted
and it will sucess
it because they willing to faced each challenges with smile

Love marriage
if we marriage someone we know
we can be more happy in life
it because we know everything
about person we want marriage
and live
SO IT WILL EASY TO LIVE
AND UNDERSTAND EACH OTHER

Last edited:
Love marriage
if we marriage someone we know
we can be more happy in life
it because we know everything
about person we want marriage
and live
SO IT WILL EASY TO LIVE
AND UNDERSTAND EACH OTHER

Sow. Ganeswarie (?)

Greetings. I wish what you wrote was true! My wife & I are married for the last 30 years. Even last week we had a pitched battle due to 'misunderstandings'! I don't think we can know someone else 100% all the time.

Cheers!

Arranged marriage is murder and love marriage is suicide. If 2 people agree, man and woman, then there is something seriously wrong with them. If man and man (I dont mean gay marriages) agree then there is no disputing the fact. If a woman and another agree, I think the Kaliyug has ended.

love married will makes they life more understanding
willing give and take
because they know when they partner will get anger and calm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back