• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Love marriage — now a distant dream!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen in some families, the Mamis are so smart that they will snatch the salary cover and used to sanction only pocket money to Mamas !!
Finance Minister are only Mamis, then.

Even after salary credit to account through ECS, ATM cards are with FM.
Sometimes, this type of financial administration is better for the family!!
hi

this is called MADHURAI AATCHI....BUT CHIDAMBARAM AATCHI DIFFERENT.....

I have seen in some families, the Mamis are so smart that they will snatch the salary cover and used to sanction only pocket money to Mamas !!
Finance Minister are only Mamis, then.

Even after salary credit to account through ECS, ATM cards are with FM.
Sometimes, this type of financial administration is better for the family!!
The amount used to be 4 annas a day for husbands in fiftees.

Now I do not know in new economy , how much pocket money has been raised for husbands.

Lunch etc are given free in private offices.

Accordingly these are factored in also for deciding pocket money I suppose

Four anAs per day was a huge money in fifties because it was the monthly salary paid by each house owner

to the panchayat board servant, who used to collect the shit from the houses, in our village! :sad:

I am glad that the system was soon abolished and everyone constructed flush toilets in our village.

Rajiramji
I know the value of four annas.

I used to get it as school student when I refused to take thayir sadam sometimes to school.

We had a school canteen where 4 annas could be traded for snacks like hot dosas or idlis and coffee.

I think life was much simpler then.

No school uniforms. Chappals and a sling bag for books and notebooks besides walking to school and back.

Absolutely safe on the roads.

Periodically bunk . One could say stomach ache and get away with such reasons.

Those were certainly better days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back