• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Who is Brahmanan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we identify a living real `Brahmin' as per the description of Lord Krishna?

If not, can we identify a person who is close to a real Brahmin living today and also deficiencies which makes him not a real Brahmin?

If we are able to find answers to the above, the purpose of the thread will be achieved.

All the best

I have come across quite a few of them, really. I can recall one naicker I met in Gummidipoondi was a real gem of a person fit all the descriptions for a Brahmanan. I can also recall Mr. John Oliver who is a great person with all the qualities of a Brahmanan.

The purpose of this thread will be acheived when everyone atleast understand the meaning of 'brahmanan' and try to emulate such a quality in real life.

I have come across quite a few of them, really. I can recall one naicker I met in Gummidipoondi was a real gem of a person fit all the descriptions for a Brahmanan. I can also recall Mr. John Oliver who is a great person with all the qualities of a Brahmanan.

The purpose of this thread will be acheived when everyone atleast understand the meaning of 'brahmanan' and try to emulate such a quality in real life.

Very good

Can you enlighten me more about them. If possible i would like to meet them personally and convey my respects to them

All the best

Very good

Can you enlighten me more about them. If possible i would like to meet them personally and convey my respects to them

All the best

It had been over 20 years since I met Naicker in gummidipoondi. I don't know if he is still around or not. Last I saw Mr. John Oliver was in late 2004. If you passby Brisbane, Australia in the near future, kindly PM me. I will organise for you to meet Mr. John Oliver.

Have you read this thread from post #1? Kindly do that, please. You will know the qualities of a Brahmanan.

Have you read this thread from post #1? Kindly do that, please. You will know the qualities of a Brahmanan.

Sorry Raghy, I have a different view. The qualities you described are qualities of a good man, a wise man, or one who is referred to as சான்றோன் in Tamil. They do not refer to a Brahmana.

The qualities that describe a Brahamna include being a castiest, an opportunist, one who makes a living on the labor of others, etc.

Sorry!!

Very good

All the best

There are greater than Brahmins, in almost every town and city of India. Perhaps there are some around you. If you could break out of your shell you will meet them.

Being Good is our innate divinity verily God itself.

Hi, Thank you for indulging me with a response. I appreciate it.

I think to a large extent we are driven by the amoral drive of gene survival and reproduction. Anything that supports this process is what we perceive as innate goodness and call it divinity and God.

best regards!

Why don't me show some people

If I can meet you in person, if I know where you are located, perhaps I may help you. There are people, many in number, living selfless lives, regardless of their financial status, regardless of their religous background, regardless of their academic status. They will love you as though you are their kith and kin. They will intercede for you through prayers, driven by a burden for your soul. You will wonder if indeed there are such people existing in this Twentieth Century. You will imagine you are dreaming. You will not believe your own eyes. They are people who don't set their minds on the mundane things of this world but on the things above. They have an identity indeed. But they are grossly misunderstood. Externally they are simple, dressed like any common man. By their outstanding character and conduct, by their lives, by their amazing humility you will recognize them. They overflow with the fruit of God's Spirit (Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Hope, Faith, Goodness, Meekness and Temperance). If you perceive them as a people group, then they are a people group. They are greater than gems. You will not find one like them in any other people group, absolutely not.

If I can meet you in person, if I know where you are located, perhaps I may help you. .....

They will intercede for you through prayers, driven by a burden for your soul.

Shri RVR, I have a funny feeling about this man. I think he wants to peddle Christianity, beware.

Dear Sir, If any boidy comes over here I can show plenty of people with so called qualities of brahmana but not brahmana in real sense. Moreover I would like to know if there is any censoring for because when I scrolled back I could not get many a link to continue. Please enlighten me.

who is brahmanan

Dear Sir, If any boidy comes over here I can show plenty of people with so called qualities of brahmana but not brahmana in real sense. Moreover I would like to know if there is any censoring for because when I scrolled back I could not get many a link to continue. Please enlighten me.

Shri RVR, I have a funny feeling about this man. I think he wants to peddle Christianity, beware.

Dear Nara,

I held you in good esteem but disappointed.

Well. The people I am referring to are those who have had a personal experience with God. They have forsaken their so-called organized religions and are engaged in serving God. Some of them are running Orphanages, Old age homes et al. Some engaged in yeoman service. There are people from all religous backgrounds, including christianity, who have pushed their religions to the background. They live simple yet exemplary lives. Some have quit even their American and other foreign jobs, returned and found some occupation and living selfless lives. They never blew trumpets about what they do, else Mother Teresa would have faded into insignificance.

Please do not make such immature pessimistic statements in haste.

"Ya kavar aayinum naa kaakka. Kavakkal sogappar sol izhukkuppattu" ..Kural.

Last edited:
I held you in good esteem but disappointed.

Hello Rishi,

You are not the first and I doubt you will be last to be disappointed with me. Leave that aside, please explain what you mean by:

I request you to give a direct and clear answer, don't obfuscate.

Thank you.

learning does not necessarily make a man humble...nor does it guarantee the attainment of goals like moksha...a farmer, cobbler, scavenger, etc can be as pious as anyone else....it is unfortunate if people were to associate gunas (qualites) with caste (occupation)....

learning does not necessarily make a man humble...nor does it guarantee the attainment of goals like moksha...a farmer, cobbler, scavenger, etc can be as pious as anyone else....it is unfortunate if people were to associate gunas (qualites) with caste (occupation)....

The person who holds the title `Brahma Rishi' may be a highly learned person.

Kannapa Nayanar was just a hunter but attained the lotus feet of Lord Shiva.

Nandanar & Thirupaanazhwar all attained the lotus feet of God inspite of being born in the so called `un-touchable' caste.

I fully agree with your view that neither the caste tag and/or learning will not take us near God

All the best

i think i replied in haste without going thru all the posts.

the person posting as 'brahma rishi' carries the signature in his profile: Fear of God is the beginning of wisdom

i have no idea why does one need to fear god or look for wisdom.

also i have not come across non-christians who talk in terms of 'burden of soul'. so as sri nara says, i suppose the word to use is 'beware'..

If I can meet you in person, if I know where you are located, perhaps I may help you. There are people, many in number, living selfless lives, regardless of their financial status, regardless of their religous background, regardless of their academic status. They will love you as though you are their kith and kin. They will intercede for you through prayers, driven by a burden for your soul. You will wonder if indeed there are such people existing in this Twentieth Century. You will imagine you are dreaming. You will not believe your own eyes. They are people who don't set their minds on the mundane things of this world but on the things above. They have an identity indeed. But they are grossly misunderstood. Externally they are simple, dressed like any common man. By their outstanding character and conduct, by their lives, by their amazing humility you will recognize them. They overflow with the fruit of God's Spirit (Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Hope, Faith, Goodness, Meekness and Temperance). If you perceive them as a people group, then they are a people group. They are greater than gems. You will not find one like them in any other people group, absolutely not.

Sri Brahma Rishi,

I humbly request you to provide straight and clear answers, please. If you like to beat around the bush without providing a simple straight statements, you have all the right to do so; but not in this thread though. Kindly open a thread and write whatever you like. Thank you very much.

the person posting as 'brahma rishi' carries the signature in his profile: Fear of God is the beginning of wisdom

also i have not come across non-christians who talk in terms of 'burden of soul'. so as sri nara says, i suppose the word to use is 'beware'..

Fear of God is not taught in Hindu way of life. May be to control a child parents may use the word Samy Kovichukkum. But in real life nothing is taught as to fear the God.

Infact if you see the life history of Azhwars and Nayanmars, it is God who climbed down.

Lord Ranganatha wanted the same garland of flowers adorned by Aandal. He was not willing to accept any other garland offered by Periayazhwar.

Lord Thiagaraja walked through the streets of Tiruvarur for the sake of Sundaramurthi Nayanar. Sundarar is considered as `friend of Thiagaraja'(Thambiran Thozar).

In one of the songs Sundarar criticises Lord Shiva as follows:

I don't like the place you live (Cremation ground)
When you have Uma devi, you are hiding Ganges in your hair,
You are wearing poisonous snake in your neck,
You are lying on tiger skin, you are wearing elephant skin,
you are going out for begging,
I don't like any of your above activities,
But still I don't have any choice other than you.

I don't think any other religion permits criticism of God by their devotees. Only Hindu religion permits. That is its greatness.

Fear of God has no place in the Hindu way of Life

All the best

Hello Rishi,

You are not the first and I doubt you will be last to be disappointed with me. Leave that aside, please explain what you mean by:
I request you to give a direct and clear answer, don't obfuscate.

Thank you.

Thanks for admitting you are unworthy of any esteem. Obvious.

I am in no way obliged to respond to your dart. My time is too precious. I have many more important things to attend to. Yet this shall be the last piece of my mind to you.

Well you want to know what is meant by intercession and burden for soul. Certain things cannot be explained by words. Languages are short of vocabulary and lexicon. Nevertheless they are far beyond scope of human discernment. They elude human wisdom. You are not matured enough to comprehend. Yet every man can realize in his spirit. They will have to be experienced to realize.

Imagine you sent off any of your kith and kin, may be your son or daughter or father or mother or wife or any one whom you dearly love, in the airport. A few minutes later you hear news that the flight is hijacked and the hijackers are demanding a huge ransom which if not paid up they will blow up the plane. The hijackers are notorious criminals without heart. What would you do then?

Imagine a kith or kin of yours fallen severely ill. The doctors give up and their days are numbered. You alone know it. It is a secret with you. What would you do?

Imagine yourself a victim of a catastrophe or calamity or a cataclysm; desperate, miserable, hopeless. What will be your spiritual condition? Will you have the spirit to thank God and praise God for your condition?

Read the Rig Veda. Read about the Prajapathi Purusha. Your spiritual eyes will be opened.

Had I offended you in any of my previous post, I apologize.

Last edited:
Fear of God is not taught in Hindu way of life. May be to control a child parents may use the word Samy Kovichukkum. But in real life nothing is taught as to fear the God.

Infact if you see the life history of Azhwars and Nayanmars, it is God who climbed down.

Lord Ranganatha wanted the same garland of flowers adorned by Aandal. He was not willing to accept any other garland offered by Periayazhwar.

Lord Thiagaraja walked through the streets of Tiruvarur for the sake of Sundaramurthi Nayanar. Sundarar is considered as `friend of Thiagaraja'(Thambiran Thozar).

In one of the songs Sundarar criticises Lord Shiva as follows:

I don't like the place you live (Cremation ground)
When you have Uma devi, you are hiding Ganges in your hair,
You are wearing poisonous snake in your neck,
You are lying on tiger skin, you are wearing elephant skin,
you are going out for begging,
I don't like any of your above activities,
But still I don't have any choice other than you.

I don't think any other religion permits criticism of God by their devotees. Only Hindu religion permits. That is its greatness.

Fear of God has no place in the Hindu way of Life

All the best

Most honorable Sri RVR,

Would you ever imagine disobeying a parent or elder whom you love most? Would you ever in the wildest of your imagination offend them? When you would'nt your beloved ones who are mortals, how precautious would you be not to disobey or to offend the Immortal, the Omnipotent, Omniscient, Omnipresent. Won't you shudder at the thought of offending God. That is Fear of God.

Even if you deliberately offend God, God returns with Agape Love. He will leave you alone, yet watching over you, eager for you to return to Him.

Could you please ponder over your own signature in this Forum?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Anbukkuriya happyhindu,

Ongalukku sandhegam irundha, enga aathu vilasam tharen. Enga aathukku vango. Unga aathu maamiyayum azhaichundu vango. Nanna gama gamannu Sambar sadam, thayir sadam, vadai payasathode virundhu vaikkaren. Engathu periyavazhte arimugappaduthi vaikkaren. Enga akka mamanar Chandrasekara Saraswathi yoda perumayai pada arambicharna, eppada niruthuvarnu aayidum. Enga athimber (akka aathukkarar) oru Ramana Maharishi Payithiyam. Kadavulai kumbadararo illayo, sadha Ramana Maharishyai eppavum kumbundunde iruppar. Enga aaham poora Ramana Maharishi padamathan irukkum. Enga akkakku Narayaneeyam group, Lalitha sahasranaman group evaalode neram sezhavazhikkarathukke sariya irukkum. Enga aathukku varra naasthigan kooda theevira aasthigan aayiduvan. Raheem Ram aayiduvan. Christopher Krishnan aayiduvan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back