• If you are using hotmail, outlook, live or rediffmail email and are trying to register or have registered with the website, please read this post.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Yenkay Brahmanan?

tbs

hi

i learned this same story sometime back...luckly sanskrit college in mylapore still survive..

I have been voicing the pathetic social status of our community....With no alternates in the last decade and with no unity of purpose and completely dejected and demoralized, 50% have married outside community, the remaining have late marriages, mostly single child with growing divorce rates and rising unmarried amongst men . So what is left of the community..We will become a fraction of population of what we are today, in the 22nd century and then dissipate completely...You may like to see my anguish and my calculation in this thread below that I posted 7 years back.

Good Morning
I created an another thread for a retrospective Analysis..
Here people dont think as a community..
Resurrection of our old custom is the only way.. that too as a community...
That seems to be next to impossible.. they way people react to these posts..
People in this fourm says they dont want to be isolated from the society, but they dont mind get isolated from their own community...they want a new system.... they dont want to take any hardship.. just an easy life..
The real Brahmanan ... Impossible to find now...
K Ramesh

mangalam

The real Brahmanan ... Impossible to find now... ??? In this thread itself Ramakrishnan previously stated that he will make sure that his children of 14 and 19 follow the path. Wife does not work, So husband wife are not together in the rat race. We have to admire and applaud such people who will keep the lineage intact. I think the Tamil brahmin will rise again.
காலம் என்பது கறங்குபோல் சுழன்று மேலது கீழாக் கீழது மேலா மாற்றிடுந் தோற்ற மென்பது மறந்தனை - மனோன்மணீயம்

Lotusinsanskrit

we are un-annihilatable
Though the article talks about sanskrit the condition is applicable to all the educational departments and university on TN for the past 50 years and those who keenly watch the move, now the condition is pathetic and deserted.

The practice of hindi learning in central government is there for these many years but now in TN they started the same sloga of hindi insertion even in central government officers and this is the result of dilution of selection among regional levels even in central government jobs.

What ever I can Start I have already started..
Nithya Karma, Nithya Pooja, Veda Adhyayanam, Avoid TV, Make my daughter (10 Years) receite Lalitha Sahasranamam, Daily -full), Teach her all shlokas (Thanks to my MIL), Taking her to temple ... telling the Stories.. etc.,
Im another Ramesh who is not interested in the so called Rat Race..
From Kuladeiva Vazhipadu... till the festivals, make the kid knows its importance and follow honestly...
Its just a begining.
thanks
K Ramesh

Though the article talks about sanskrit the condition is applicable to all the educational departments and university on TN for the past 50 years and those who keenly watch the move, now the condition is pathetic and deserted.

The practice of hindi learning in central government is there for these many years but now in TN they started the same sloga of hindi insertion even in central government officers and this is the result of dilution of selection among regional levels even in central government jobs.
Middle Class, Upper Middle Class people all learn Hindi by themselves.. irrespective of Political Party they belongs to.
This stunt is to get the vote of Lower Middle Class which determines the Win Or Loose... This is a very cheap Politics by our TN Politicians.
Who ever has opposes Hindi in TN... Knows Hindi Very well.... No One knows this FACT.
Pathetic...

K Ramesh

Lotusinsanskrit

Nithya Karma, Nithya Pooja, Veda Adhyayanam
I read recently in fb which I have given it as a screenshot
Screenshot_2020-09-08-14-16-13-937_com.android.chrome.jpg

vgane

Gold Member

How about the first self financing college Madras Insititute of Technology with Tambrahm founders was forcefully taken away and made a Government Institution and founders chucked out...The DMK Government did not want Brahmins to study there.

usaiyer

We have to admire and applaud such people who will keep the lineage intact. I think the Tamil brahmin will rise again.
காலம் என்பது கறங்குபோல் சுழன்று மேலது கீழாக் கீழது மேலா மாற்றிடுந் தோற்ற மென்பது மறந்தனை - மனோன்மணீயம்
I am happy to learn this,Self-practice at home is the key.
Just as they say Charity begins at home.
It is a sad thing that the oppression is going on from the early fifties,The early freedom struggles in India were all started with Tamil Brahmans and in fact INC met first
in Mylapore East Mada Street before the first conference held in Bombay,Great stalwarts like Satyamurthy. SubramayaBharathi,U.V Swaminatha Iyer are our inspirational leaders who have left their unique footprints to draw strength from for our community.Also more remarkable stories of contributions of our illustrious seniors are put in a research publication "Arunthondatriya tamilaga
Anthanargal"by Thambraas.
Resurrection of our values and custom and community involvement alone holds the key for our survival.

mangalam

pardon my ignorance. I am not aware of the detailed history of the Madras Institute of Technology , Is that how it became Anna University or part of it ? which year did this atrocity happen?

vgane

Gold Member
pardon my ignorance. I am not aware of the detailed history of the Madras Institute of Technology , Is that how it became Anna University or part of it ? which year did this atrocity happen?
It happened in the 70's...We should be ready to protect the private institutions nurtured by Brahmins!! Even now a few years ago DMK MP S.S.Palanimanickam coveted Sastra University and wanted to take over that...So do you think anti Brahminism is pass? No way..It is the root for political sustenance...But those guys are out for another 10 years atleast.

vgane

Gold Member
The so called Dravidianism is nothing but Nazism applied on hapless Tambrahm and nurtured by missionaries and xslamists...But for MGR they would have broken TN

mangalam

The majority community is actually doing great harm to Tamil by their hate brahmin remove Sanskrit rhetoric
someone was complaining about Ponniyin Selvan word usage and gave dharma-sankatam as example. எனக்கு தர்மசங்கடமாயிருந்தது. They want to strip vadamozhi and replace with hideous words they create, changing Tamil as we know it. In addition atrocious words created in the movies or elsewhere are added. Pronunciation of Tamil is going downhill thanks to the so called Tamil fanatics. Long back the Srilankan railways had 3 classes with the 1st class maintained in the posh state left by colonial masters. The government at some point made the move to scrap all upper classes and make everything flat 3rd class. This is what is happening to Tamil. Instead raising everyone up to 1st class, they are bringing everyone down to the gutters. but as vgane said in his Nazi quote, other communities are obviously assisting in the downfall.

usaiyer

I think we have to bring fresh thinking to the subject of our community revival and fostering its
unity. We have to give some strong guidance and hope for our younger generation to be involved in the process, I am sure and agree with vgane that we have strong fundamentals as a community
and a great talent pool. but what other community talk about is that we are a divided lot in terms
of our cult and work to earn a living.The fact is that we like to be independant,work hard .be honest and always have a social outlook 'Sarve Jana sukino Bhavanthu'' This swot analysis and inward looking alone is needed to unite us under one umbrella rather than outward looking and casting
aspersions on others .We have failed to do this when there was need for it and never it is too late
to build on our strong points to unite. The neighboring states are doing better and we can have
take aways from their experience ,if needed.

Iyest

It is a very well planned scheme to keep Tamil entrenched in the state and for making sure that the population is not able to communicate in any other language for generations to come. In that manner, local parties will control power in TN. Even national leaders will not be able to communicate with the people directly.

We are all Tamil speaking but we refuse to become Tamil fanatics. Since the Dravidian parties started ruling TN, they have been very clever in publicizing small incidents where the CM or a senior minister is asked to name a new born child. Invariably a "pure" Tamil name is given and it gets wide coverage in the media. Now there are thousands of Tamil Selvans and Tamil Selvis in every part of the state. Let us pause and ask why there are no Telugu Selvis, Kannada Selvans or Marati Selvans. Does it mean that speakers of other languages don't love their mother tongue? No, but they are not such die hard fanatics. The Dravidian parties have taken language fanaticism to deplorable levels. Deliberately for the sake of power and pelf.

mangalam

In reply to USaiyer I think we as a community (Tamil speaking brahmins) need to understand where we are at, to overcome our problems. That includes figuring out why others hate us since that hate is hurting us. Read this full article for some background, not all of it I agree though.

https://tfipost.com/2017/05/dravidian-movement-brahmins/
‘Though the British and evangelists played a role in propagating the theory of Aryans invading Dravidians inhabiting the Indus valley pushing them down south, the blame squarely lies on the Indian educated elite to believe it despite the apparent lacunae. Like now, always the elite was open to anything that was foreign and despised that was indigenous. To promote the Aryan theory, it was said that Aryans wrote Vedas, after replacing Dravidians in Indus valley. British scholars could not explain why white complexioned Aryans chose to worship Black Gods Rama and Krishna and dark Dravidians worship the white god from Himalayas, Siva. ‘

Regarding Iyest’s Telugu Selvis, from the above article it seems like telugu land went in the same path as t.nadu. Basically this ‘deplorable language fanaticism’ makes sure all Hindus in the length and breadth of India do not connect in anyway let alone brahmins. On the other hand the language of the white conqueror is most welcome.

usaiyer

n reply to USaiyer I think we as a community (Tamil speaking brahmins) need to understand where we are at, to overcome our problems. That includes figuring out why others hate us since that hate is hurting us. Read this full article for some background, not all of it I agree though.
I agree with your keen observation ,but as you state, I cannot agree with what all is painted in that article.
"Vaznthalum easum,Thaznthaulam Easum,Vaiyagam idudanada" is a meaningful poetic line.
What happened during the British times in the Madras Presidency was the reaction of the elite non-brahmin group to the brahmin dominance in public life .power and positions in government.
This cannot be attributed to any wrong doing or injustice on the part of our community but a legitimate effort on the part of the non brahmin elite from telugu. malayalee, chettiars and others comprising the erstwhile madras presidency. This was not a mass movement and or a hate campaign against Brahmin community.
Though the British resented it in the beginning ,they could read into the minds of the rich and elite class of the the non-brahmin group and it must have admirably suited their popular"Divide and Rule "policy.
Later developments including formation of the Justice party and self -respect reform movement of Periyar also fizzled out slowly as the theistic preaching and call for 'Dravidastan'
could not break ground amongst the tamil masses with unshakable faith in god and human goodness. With Anna and MGR arriving on the scene ,things turned better and they could make the impact to reduce widely prevalent poverty and inequality and wipe the tears from
suffering masses. The rest of the story is known to all of us. So we have suffered for no fault of ours, perhaps one lesson for us that we nave learn is what Sri Krishna chaitanya said in his
Sikshastakam that we need to be humble ,Patient and crave not honor for ourselves ,but always eager to offer it to others as true Hari. Bhaktas.

Thank you for visiting TamilBrahmins.com

You seem to have an Ad Blocker on.

We depend on advertising to keep our content free for you. Please consider whitelisting us in your ad blocker so that we can continue to provide the content you have come here to enjoy.

Alternatively, consider upgrading your account to enjoy an ad-free experience along with numerous other benefits. To upgrade your account, please visit the account upgrades page

You can also donate financially if you can. Please Click Here on how you can do that.