• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Yenkay Brahmanan?

pardon my ignorance. I am not aware of the detailed history of the Madras Institute of Technology , Is that how it became Anna University or part of it ? which year did this atrocity happen?
It happened in the 70's...We should be ready to protect the private institutions nurtured by Brahmins!! Even now a few years ago DMK MP S.S.Palanimanickam coveted Sastra University and wanted to take over that...So do you think anti Brahminism is pass? No way..It is the root for political sustenance...But those guys are out for another 10 years atleast.

The so called Dravidianism is nothing but Nazism applied on hapless Tambrahm and nurtured by missionaries and xslamists...But for MGR they would have broken TN

The majority community is actually doing great harm to Tamil by their hate brahmin remove Sanskrit rhetoric
someone was complaining about Ponniyin Selvan word usage and gave dharma-sankatam as example. எனக்கு தர்மசங்கடமாயிருந்தது. They want to strip vadamozhi and replace with hideous words they create, changing Tamil as we know it. In addition atrocious words created in the movies or elsewhere are added. Pronunciation of Tamil is going downhill thanks to the so called Tamil fanatics. Long back the Srilankan railways had 3 classes with the 1st class maintained in the posh state left by colonial masters. The government at some point made the move to scrap all upper classes and make everything flat 3rd class. This is what is happening to Tamil. Instead raising everyone up to 1st class, they are bringing everyone down to the gutters. but as vgane said in his Nazi quote, other communities are obviously assisting in the downfall.

I think we have to bring fresh thinking to the subject of our community revival and fostering its
unity. We have to give some strong guidance and hope for our younger generation to be involved in the process, I am sure and agree with vgane that we have strong fundamentals as a community
and a great talent pool. but what other community talk about is that we are a divided lot in terms
of our cult and work to earn a living.The fact is that we like to be independant,work hard .be honest and always have a social outlook 'Sarve Jana sukino Bhavanthu'' This swot analysis and inward looking alone is needed to unite us under one umbrella rather than outward looking and casting
aspersions on others .We have failed to do this when there was need for it and never it is too late
to build on our strong points to unite. The neighboring states are doing better and we can have
take aways from their experience ,if needed.

Though the article talks about sanskrit the condition is applicable to all the educational departments and university on TN for the past 50 years and those who keenly watch the move, now the condition is pathetic and deserted.

The practice of hindi learning in central government is there for these many years but now in TN they started the same sloga of hindi insertion even in central government officers and this is the result of dilution of selection among regional levels even in central government jobs.

It is a very well planned scheme to keep Tamil entrenched in the state and for making sure that the population is not able to communicate in any other language for generations to come. In that manner, local parties will control power in TN. Even national leaders will not be able to communicate with the people directly.

We are all Tamil speaking but we refuse to become Tamil fanatics. Since the Dravidian parties started ruling TN, they have been very clever in publicizing small incidents where the CM or a senior minister is asked to name a new born child. Invariably a "pure" Tamil name is given and it gets wide coverage in the media. Now there are thousands of Tamil Selvans and Tamil Selvis in every part of the state. Let us pause and ask why there are no Telugu Selvis, Kannada Selvans or Marati Selvans. Does it mean that speakers of other languages don't love their mother tongue? No, but they are not such die hard fanatics. The Dravidian parties have taken language fanaticism to deplorable levels. Deliberately for the sake of power and pelf.

In reply to USaiyer I think we as a community (Tamil speaking brahmins) need to understand where we are at, to overcome our problems. That includes figuring out why others hate us since that hate is hurting us. Read this full article for some background, not all of it I agree though.

https://tfipost.com/2017/05/dravidian-movement-brahmins/
‘Though the British and evangelists played a role in propagating the theory of Aryans invading Dravidians inhabiting the Indus valley pushing them down south, the blame squarely lies on the Indian educated elite to believe it despite the apparent lacunae. Like now, always the elite was open to anything that was foreign and despised that was indigenous. To promote the Aryan theory, it was said that Aryans wrote Vedas, after replacing Dravidians in Indus valley. British scholars could not explain why white complexioned Aryans chose to worship Black Gods Rama and Krishna and dark Dravidians worship the white god from Himalayas, Siva. ‘

Regarding Iyest’s Telugu Selvis, from the above article it seems like telugu land went in the same path as t.nadu. Basically this ‘deplorable language fanaticism’ makes sure all Hindus in the length and breadth of India do not connect in anyway let alone brahmins. On the other hand the language of the white conqueror is most welcome.

n reply to USaiyer I think we as a community (Tamil speaking brahmins) need to understand where we are at, to overcome our problems. That includes figuring out why others hate us since that hate is hurting us. Read this full article for some background, not all of it I agree though.
I agree with your keen observation ,but as you state, I cannot agree with what all is painted in that article.
"Vaznthalum easum,Thaznthaulam Easum,Vaiyagam idudanada" is a meaningful poetic line.
What happened during the British times in the Madras Presidency was the reaction of the elite non-brahmin group to the brahmin dominance in public life .power and positions in government.
This cannot be attributed to any wrong doing or injustice on the part of our community but a legitimate effort on the part of the non brahmin elite from telugu. malayalee, chettiars and others comprising the erstwhile madras presidency. This was not a mass movement and or a hate campaign against Brahmin community.
Though the British resented it in the beginning ,they could read into the minds of the rich and elite class of the the non-brahmin group and it must have admirably suited their popular"Divide and Rule "policy.
Later developments including formation of the Justice party and self -respect reform movement of Periyar also fizzled out slowly as the theistic preaching and call for 'Dravidastan'
could not break ground amongst the tamil masses with unshakable faith in god and human goodness. With Anna and MGR arriving on the scene ,things turned better and they could make the impact to reduce widely prevalent poverty and inequality and wipe the tears from
suffering masses. The rest of the story is known to all of us. So we have suffered for no fault of ours, perhaps one lesson for us that we nave learn is what Sri Krishna chaitanya said in his
Sikshastakam that we need to be humble ,Patient and crave not honor for ourselves ,but always eager to offer it to others as true Hari. Bhaktas.

comment on the below article says
Brahmins are the ''new minority'' in Tamil Nadu. Not only a minority but also an insignificant one. WIth a total population of just 2 % they have more or less faded away thanks to the aggressive anti-brahminism practiced by DMK and other political parti ..
I don't understand why sothai Brahmins are hated with a vengeance in TN, when many other so called upper castes are are actively keeping other castes down. Don't jump down my throat for saying sothai, I mean adicha paambe adichindu irukka mudiyumo.
First of all i dont understand when some tamil brahmin claim discrimination in tn . 30% is in open reservation. And we know who come top in this categories and lining up in us embassy for visa. Even in entertaiment such tamil tv dramas .tamil brahmin actor dominate in field discounting non tamil actor. There two type tamil brahmin the one changed acordding to time and tamil orthodox brahmin who want bring back old system . Fyi i am not brahmin or india born indian

The majority community is actually doing great harm to Tamil by their hate brahmin remove Sanskrit rhetoric
someone was complaining about Ponniyin Selvan word usage and gave dharma-sankatam as example. எனக்கு தர்மசங்கடமாயிருந்தது. They want to strip vadamozhi and replace with hideous words they create, changing Tamil as we know it. In addition atrocious words created in the movies or elsewhere are added. Pronunciation of Tamil is going downhill thanks to the so called Tamil fanatics. Long back the Srilankan railways had 3 classes with the 1st class maintained in the posh state left by colonial masters. The government at some point made the move to scrap all upper classes and make everything flat 3rd class. This is what is happening to Tamil. Instead raising everyone up to 1st class, they are bringing everyone down to the gutters. but as vgane said in his Nazi quote, other communities are obviously assisting in the downfall.
They make fun of Brahmin expressions and words like 'Nannaa Irukkelaa?', 'pukkaaththu', 'poranthaaththu'. Are words like 'vanthichu', 'irunthichu', 'poidichu' correct Tamil words.

Many years back, in a TV interview Karunanidhi was asked by a (TV) viewer '... ithukku unga advice enna?'. He immediately corrected him 'why do you use the word advice instead of arivurai'. A few minutes later in answering another question he said 'avanga kittenthu thaan entha response illai'. Even Ravana had only 10 faces!

The lack of distinct consonants (for ka and ga, pa and ba, ta and da and so on) in Tamil is having a very adverse effect on the way Tamil children pronounce and spell words in other languages. The succession of Governments are reluctant to enhance the language - the only change they have accepted is introducing the way they now write words like 'alai' (wave) and 'yaanai' (elephant) and that change was accepted because that was 'Periyar sonna maatram'. If they are rejected in interviews for jobs in MNCs, they have only themselves and the dravidian governments (which have been ruling the state for the last 50+ years) to blame. In contrast, (in Hindi) they have introduced the use of '.' below some Devanagari consonants so that words like 'farz' and 'qilaa' can be written without ambiguity and they have also introduced the use of an arc above some vowels so that words like 'common' and 'man' can be transliterated in Devanagari. (If they also did away with gender it would be a great help 'pustak' is masculine, 'qitaab' is feminine and so is 'moochh' (moustache)) - these gender rules cost me a lot of marks in Hindi in my school leaving exams)

And removing words common to Sanskrit and Tamil as being vadamozhi only points to their incurable inferiority complex. They assume that the word must have been borrowed in Tamil from Sanskrit and never the other way around because flow is always from the higher to the lower and it is hard wired in their heads that Sanskrit is the superior language.

Anyone who tries to learn and speak correct English is considered an upstart (they even have an expression for it - periya Peter England) but according to them it is civilised to use sentences like 'avan oru tension party' to describe a short tempered person.

Last edited:
The நாஸ்திகம் பேசி நாத்தழும்பேரின so called draavida kumbal has over 60 years made up this story aided by the white man that, the Brahmin is an invader or whatever - who brought his language, religion etc replacing the local religion (surprise which was also Hinduism). So he along with his religion and language must be destroyed. of course Abrahamic religions ( the true invaders to this land) and the communists would love to join forces to bring down Hinduism by bringing down the priest.
It is so easy to confuse the common man with continuous brainwashing specially with movies. They portray the brahmin as the sankrit lover and tamil hater, but sorry to say it is the Brahmin who speaks proper tamil. Somehow the jewel of tamil ழகரம் is completely absent in the tongue of the so called tamil upkeepers,
not to talk about ன ண difference. I laugh when I hear மன்னன் pronounced as மண்ணன் in the movies. I agree with ekaputra above. The so called TAs do they even understand thevara thiruvaasakam ? Iam sure they have some theory about the aadhi brahmin namely the esteemed Mutharkuravar Thirugnanasambanthar, pillai paathi puranam paathi meaning half of periyapuranam is about him. They may rewrite history saying he was not a brahmin.

The spoken Tamil also has variants in different sections in the community.like 'Sadam podu' for serving food by one section 'Amudu padai ' by another section .Similarly there are usages like ' Thalihai, 'Sathamudu',which others can know only after some explanation,.
Malay Tamil and Sinhalese Tamil appear to have been less diluted than ours.
Though the Brahmin professors of early 50s being intellectuals
were in demand as teachers for difficult subjects like Mathematics Physics & science subjects as well as Sanskrit,
Teaching Tamil was never thought as difficult. One can never forget the contribution to Tamil of U.Ve,Swaminatha Iyer ,Subramanya Bharathi and many from the Brahmin Communities, Denigrating the community will mean denigrating the stalwarts or a poor understanding of what they have done for the cause of Tamils.

The spoken Tamil also has variants in different sections in the community.like 'Sadam podu' for serving food by one section 'Amudu padai ' by another section .Similarly there are usages like ' Thalihai, 'Sathamudu',which others can know only after some explanation,.
Malay Tamil and Sinhalese Tamil appear to have been less diluted than ours.
Though the Brahmin professors of early 50s being intellectuals
were in demand as teachers for difficult subjects like Mathematics Physics & science subjects as well as Sanskrit,
Teaching Tamil was never thought as difficult. One can never forget the contribution to Tamil of U.Ve,Swaminatha Iyer ,Subramanya Bharathi and many from the Brahmin Communities, Denigrating the community will mean denigrating the stalwarts or a poor understanding of what they have done for the cause of Tamils.
While i agree to above statement. There are some miscreant brahmin behaviour that made people loathe brahmin

K
While i agree to above statement. There are some miscreant brahmin behaviour that made people loathe brahmin
There is so called miscreant behaviour in every community like Pillai, Mudaliyar, Thevar, Konar, Naidu, Vanniyar etc., why it is not making people loathe them?
Statistics gives out the fact that instances of “ miscreant” behaviour by Brahmins is far less than that by other dominant communities.
Brahmins never kill or maim Dalits. All other communities do that. — just one instance of “ miscreant” behaviour.
For the dominant communities their cultivated collective hatred for Dalits pays by creating a slave like work force. Similarly cultivated collective hatred for Brahmins pays by removing competition.

Last edited:
I totally agree with Vaagmi, and you hit the nail on the head with the last 2 lines.
Brahmins in many instances have genuinely worked for the upliftment of lowcastes, not with ulterior motive as aadu nanaiyuthendru onaai alutha maathiri, like people are doing now. Sharing old info about temple entry
இவைகளைக் கண்ணுறும் போதெல்லாம் தொடக்கத்திலே பெரும் எதிர்ப்புகளையெல்லாம் சமாளித்து ஹரிஜன ஆலயப் பிரவேசத்துக்கு வழி செய்தவர்களும், அவ்வியக்கத்தின் முன்னணியில் நின்று தம் செயலாலும் பேச்சாலும் எழுத்தாலும் அதனைச் சாதித்தவர்களுமான பேரறிஞர் சிலரை நான் நினைப்பதுண்டு. சுப்பிரமணிய பாரதி, சேர்.சி. பி.ராமசுவாமி ஐயர், மதுரை அட்வகேட் வைத்தியநாதையர், காங்கிரஸ் தலைவர் சத்தியமூர்த்தி, முதுபெரும் அரசறிஞர் ராஜாஜி ஆகியோரே இத்துறையில் என் மனதில் முதலிடம் பெறுவோர். இவர்கள் அனைவரும் சாதியில் மிக உயர்ந்ததாகக் கருதப்படும் பிராமண குலத்தைச் சேர்ந்தவர்கள். ஆயினும் தென்னகத்திலே தீண்டாமையொழிப்பு, ஹரிஜன ஆலயப் பிரவேசம் ஆகிய இயக்கங்களை வழி நடத்தியவர்களுள் முக்கியமானவர்களும் இவரே. சேர்.சி. பி.ராமசுவாமி ஐயர் திருவாங்கூர் ராஜ்யத்தின் முதன் மந்திரியாக இருந்த காலத்தில் அதன் தலைநகராகிய திருவனந்தபுரத்திலுள்ள மிகப் பிரசித்தி பெற்ற ஆலயமாகிய பத்மநாபர் ஆலயத்தை ஹரி ஜனங்களுக்காகத் திறந்து விட்டவரெனப் பாராட்டப்படுபவர். அதைப்போலவே மதுரை வைத்தியநாதையரும் மதுரை மீனாட்சியம்மன் ஆலயத்துள் ஹரிஜனங்கள் செல்ல வழி செய்தவருள் முக்கியமானவராகக் கருதப்படுபவர். தீண்டாமையொழிப்பு, ஹரிஜன ஆலயப் பிரவேசம் ஆகிய வரலாற்றில் இவர்களுடைய பெயர்கள் நிலையான இடத்தைப் பெரும் என்பதை எவரும் மறுக்க மாட்டார்.

K

There is so called miscreant behaviour in every community like Pillai, Mudaliyar, Thevar, Konar, Naidu, Vanniyar etc., why it is not making people loathe them?
Statistics gives out the fact that instances of “ miscreant” behaviour by Brahmins is far less than that by other dominant communities.
Brahmins never kill or maim Dalits. All other communities do that. — just one instance of “ miscreant” behaviour.
For the dominant communities their cultivated collective hatred for Dalits pays by creating a slave like work force. Similarly cultivated collective hatred for Brahmins pays by removing competition.
Maybe because they taught brahmin are root of all evil plaguing society today or made to believe . The brahmins i qouted here is forefather of brahmin who propounded caste system

Maybe because they taught brahmin are root of all evil plaguing society today or made to believe . The brahmins i qouted here is forefather of brahmin who propounded caste system
It is bewildering for me that a community of 3 percent cannot compete in open competition 30% btw all poor children should given equal acess to education

#67 quite a valid point about unfairness to Dalits and fear of competition from the Brahmin community, things projected for a long time as a survival strategy with all unfairness to the core.
Brahmins were always fair to all sections of society in their dealings and have also fought for the well being of fellow
society members as put vividly in #68
British atrocities of Jalianwalabagh or the Jewish massacre by
Germans are condemnable historic acts no doubt. but Brahmins have always been socially conscious and welfare centric all thru,
It was Bharathi who spoke loud and clear "Jathi erundozhia
veerillai" .only two castes Males &Females'

Two big lies.
1. Brahmins are the root (cause) of all evil plaguing the society.
Brahmins in my village never kill Dalits. Thevars kill. For silly reasons.
2. In the infamous Keelvenmony incident in Dravidian ruled Tamilnadu a hundred Dalit agriculture labourers were roasted alive along with their elderly parents and children. Children who came running out from the burning houses were systematically caught and thrown into the burning huts. Brahmins were nowhere near the scene of crime. After prolonged court proceedings a Naicker land lord who was the accused was released.
3. In another infamous incident in a place called Vachathi in Dravidian ruled Tamilnadu an entire village of scheduled Tribals were raped mercilessly by powerful politicians including Government Officials. The case took the usual course and ended up ultimately. No Brahmin was involved.
4. Brahmins never built walls preventing Dalits entering certain areas.

And if you ask the dominant castes, their leaders will say that Brahmins are responsible for everything. That is the big joke.
Castes were not the making of Brahmins. It was a convenient arrangement for every caste above Dalits. When it became inconvenient the dominant castes needed a scapegoat and Brahmins came handy.

Hitler found that hatred is the best opiate and he sold it freely to his German public. We know what a horrible consequence followed. In Tamilnadu also we had a hitler who copied Hitler and liberally distributed hatred. We are witness to that. The Tamil society is still in the grip of that opiate.

Facts can not be wished away nor Be hidden.

Two big lies.
1. Brahmins are the root (cause) of all evil plaguing the society.
Brahmins in my village never kill Dalits. Thevars kill. For silly reasons.
2. In the infamous Keelvenmony incident in Dravidian ruled Tamilnadu a hundred Dalit agriculture labourers were roasted alive along with their elderly parents and children. Children who came running out from the burning houses were systematically caught and thrown into the burning huts. Brahmins were nowhere near the scene of crime. After prolonged court proceedings a Naicker land lord who was the accused was released.
3. In another infamous incident in a place called Vachathi in Dravidian ruled Tamilnadu an entire village of scheduled Tribals were raped mercilessly by powerful politicians including Government Officials. The case took the usual course and ended up ultimately. No Brahmin was involved.
4. Brahmins never built walls preventing Dalits entering certain areas.

And if you ask the dominant castes, their leaders will say that Brahmins are responsible for everything. That is the big joke.
Castes were not the making of Brahmins. It was a convenient arrangement for every caste above Dalits. When it became inconvenient the dominant castes needed a scapegoat and Brahmins came handy.

Hitler found that hatred is the best opiate and he sold it freely to his German public. We know what a horrible consequence followed. In Tamilnadu also we had a hitler who copied Hitler and liberally distributed hatred. We are witness to that. The Tamil society is still in the grip of that opiate.

Facts can not be wished away nor Be hidden.
Read back my comment throughly

I did not know and looked up and was horrified, certainly looked like Hitler hunting down Jews. What hurts is that people stood by and let it happen. So 68 to 92 nothing changed. Anyway all dominant castes have the scapegoat Brahmin to take the focus away from them.

Keezhvenmani massacre Tamil Nadu, India on 25 December 1968 in which a group of around 44 people, the families of striking Dalit village labourers, were murdered by a gang, allegedly led by their landlords. The chief accused was Gopalakrishnan Naidu.
The Vachathi case involved a mass crime that occurred on 20 June 1992 in the village of Vachathi, in Dharmapuri district, A team of 155 forest personnel, 108 policemen and six revenue officials entered the Tribal-dominated Vachathi village, searching for smuggled sandalwood to gather information about Veerappan. Under the pretext of conducting a search, the team ransacked the villagers' property, destroyed their houses, killed their cattle, assaulted around 100 villagers, and raped 18 women.

What is the direction of this thread?
The original post is almost forgotten, it has become a forum for bashing other castes. as if that is going to impact the plight of Brahmins in Tamil Nadu.

Latest ads

Back