• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Who is Brahmanan

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
R

Raghy

If I can meet you in person, if I know where you are located, perhaps I may help you. There are people, many in number, living selfless lives, regardless of their financial status, regardless of their religous background, regardless of their academic status. They will love you as though you are their kith and kin. They will intercede for you through prayers, driven by a burden for your soul. You will wonder if indeed there are such people existing in this Twentieth Century. You will imagine you are dreaming. You will not believe your own eyes. They are people who don't set their minds on the mundane things of this world but on the things above. They have an identity indeed. But they are grossly misunderstood. Externally they are simple, dressed like any common man. By their outstanding character and conduct, by their lives, by their amazing humility you will recognize them. They overflow with the fruit of God's Spirit (Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Hope, Faith, Goodness, Meekness and Temperance). If you perceive them as a people group, then they are a people group. They are greater than gems. You will not find one like them in any other people group, absolutely not.

Sri Brahma Rishi,

I humbly request you to provide straight and clear answers, please. If you like to beat around the bush without providing a simple straight statements, you have all the right to do so; but not in this thread though. Kindly open a thread and write whatever you like. Thank you very much.

RVR

i think i replied in haste without going thru all the posts.

the person posting as 'brahma rishi' carries the signature in his profile: Fear of God is the beginning of wisdom

i have no idea why does one need to fear god or look for wisdom.

also i have not come across non-christians who talk in terms of 'burden of soul'. so as sri nara says, i suppose the word to use is 'beware'..

Fear of God is not taught in Hindu way of life. May be to control a child parents may use the word Samy Kovichukkum. But in real life nothing is taught as to fear the God.

Infact if you see the life history of Azhwars and Nayanmars, it is God who climbed down.

Lord Ranganatha wanted the same garland of flowers adorned by Aandal. He was not willing to accept any other garland offered by Periayazhwar.

Lord Thiagaraja walked through the streets of Tiruvarur for the sake of Sundaramurthi Nayanar. Sundarar is considered as `friend of Thiagaraja'(Thambiran Thozar).

In one of the songs Sundarar criticises Lord Shiva as follows:

I don't like the place you live (Cremation ground)
When you have Uma devi, you are hiding Ganges in your hair,
You are wearing poisonous snake in your neck,
You are lying on tiger skin, you are wearing elephant skin,
you are going out for begging,
I don't like any of your above activities,
But still I don't have any choice other than you.

I don't think any other religion permits criticism of God by their devotees. Only Hindu religion permits. That is its greatness.

Fear of God has no place in the Hindu way of Life

All the best

Hello Rishi,

You are not the first and I doubt you will be last to be disappointed with me. Leave that aside, please explain what you mean by:
They will intercede for you through prayers, driven by a burden for your soul.
I request you to give a direct and clear answer, don't obfuscate.

Thank you.

Thanks for admitting you are unworthy of any esteem. Obvious.

I am in no way obliged to respond to your dart. My time is too precious. I have many more important things to attend to. Yet this shall be the last piece of my mind to you.

Well you want to know what is meant by intercession and burden for soul. Certain things cannot be explained by words. Languages are short of vocabulary and lexicon. Nevertheless they are far beyond scope of human discernment. They elude human wisdom. You are not matured enough to comprehend. Yet every man can realize in his spirit. They will have to be experienced to realize.

Imagine you sent off any of your kith and kin, may be your son or daughter or father or mother or wife or any one whom you dearly love, in the airport. A few minutes later you hear news that the flight is hijacked and the hijackers are demanding a huge ransom which if not paid up they will blow up the plane. The hijackers are notorious criminals without heart. What would you do then?

Imagine a kith or kin of yours fallen severely ill. The doctors give up and their days are numbered. You alone know it. It is a secret with you. What would you do?

Imagine yourself a victim of a catastrophe or calamity or a cataclysm; desperate, miserable, hopeless. What will be your spiritual condition? Will you have the spirit to thank God and praise God for your condition?

Read the Rig Veda. Read about the Prajapathi Purusha. Your spiritual eyes will be opened.

Had I offended you in any of my previous post, I apologize.

Last edited:
Fear of God is not taught in Hindu way of life. May be to control a child parents may use the word Samy Kovichukkum. But in real life nothing is taught as to fear the God.

Infact if you see the life history of Azhwars and Nayanmars, it is God who climbed down.

Lord Ranganatha wanted the same garland of flowers adorned by Aandal. He was not willing to accept any other garland offered by Periayazhwar.

Lord Thiagaraja walked through the streets of Tiruvarur for the sake of Sundaramurthi Nayanar. Sundarar is considered as `friend of Thiagaraja'(Thambiran Thozar).

In one of the songs Sundarar criticises Lord Shiva as follows:

I don't like the place you live (Cremation ground)
When you have Uma devi, you are hiding Ganges in your hair,
You are wearing poisonous snake in your neck,
You are lying on tiger skin, you are wearing elephant skin,
you are going out for begging,
I don't like any of your above activities,
But still I don't have any choice other than you.

I don't think any other religion permits criticism of God by their devotees. Only Hindu religion permits. That is its greatness.

Fear of God has no place in the Hindu way of Life

All the best

Most honorable Sri RVR,

Would you ever imagine disobeying a parent or elder whom you love most? Would you ever in the wildest of your imagination offend them? When you would'nt your beloved ones who are mortals, how precautious would you be not to disobey or to offend the Immortal, the Omnipotent, Omniscient, Omnipresent. Won't you shudder at the thought of offending God. That is Fear of God.

Even if you deliberately offend God, God returns with Agape Love. He will leave you alone, yet watching over you, eager for you to return to Him.

Could you please ponder over your own signature in this Forum?

Thanks.

Last edited:
i think i replied in haste without going thru all the posts.

the person posting as 'brahma rishi' carries the signature in his profile: Fear of God is the beginning of wisdom

i have no idea why does one need to fear god or look for wisdom.

also i have not come across non-christians who talk in terms of 'burden of soul'. so as sri nara says, i suppose the word to use is 'beware'..

Anbukkuriya happyhindu,

Ongalukku sandhegam irundha, enga aathu vilasam tharen. Enga aathukku vango. Unga aathu maamiyayum azhaichundu vango. Nanna gama gamannu Sambar sadam, thayir sadam, vadai payasathode virundhu vaikkaren. Engathu periyavazhte arimugappaduthi vaikkaren. Enga akka mamanar Chandrasekara Saraswathi yoda perumayai pada arambicharna, eppada niruthuvarnu aayidum. Enga athimber (akka aathukkarar) oru Ramana Maharishi Payithiyam. Kadavulai kumbadararo illayo, sadha Ramana Maharishyai eppavum kumbundunde iruppar. Enga aaham poora Ramana Maharishi padamathan irukkum. Enga akkakku Narayaneeyam group, Lalitha sahasranaman group evaalode neram sezhavazhikkarathukke sariya irukkum. Enga aathukku varra naasthigan kooda theevira aasthigan aayiduvan. Raheem Ram aayiduvan. Christopher Krishnan aayiduvan.

Last edited:
learning does not necessarily make a man humble...nor does it guarantee the attainment of goals like moksha...a farmer, cobbler, scavenger, etc can be as pious as anyone else....it is unfortunate if people were to associate gunas (qualites) with caste (occupation)....

"Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom. Let not the physically mighty man boast in his might. Let not the rich man boast in his riches. He who boasts shall boast in this, that He knows Me, that I am the God who executes righteousness and judgment on earth".

The above are the words spoken thru a prophet and found written in the scripture. Search the scriptures and you will find it.

RVR

Most honorable Sri RVR,

Would you ever imagine disobeying a parent or elder whom you love most? Would you ever in the wildest of your imagination offend them? When you would'nt your beloved ones who are mortals, how precautious would you be not to disobey or to offend the Immortal, the Omnipotent, Omniscient, Omnipresent. Won't you shudder at the thought of offending God. That is Fear of God.

Even if you deliberately offend God, God returns with Agape Love. He will leave you alone, yet watching over you, eager for you to return to Him.

Could you please ponder over your own signature in this Forum?

Thanks.

According to our ancient literature, God has taken several avatars to protect not only human beings like us but also other creatures. He has taken avatars not only in human form but also in several other forms. I am sure you would have mastered Dasavatharam.

Late Mukkur Sri Lakshminarasimhachariar told in one of his upanyasams that if we have the same depth of confidence like the Child devotee Prahlad, he will make an avatar right now here itself. If we don't have faith and confidence, he may not come. My knowledge is limited only to hearing such speeches and I am an ordinary man.

You have crowned yourself as Brahma Rishi. Even Vashistar was an ordinary Rishi. Only Viswamitrar was honoured with the title Brihma Rishi. Please argue with people of your calibre and not an ordinary person like me.

All the best

kunjuppu

"Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom. Let not the physically mighty man boast in his might. Let not the rich man boast in his riches. He who boasts shall boast in this, that He knows Me, that I am the God who executes righteousness and judgment on earth".

The above are the words spoken thru a prophet and found written in the scripture. Search the scriptures and you will find it.

the quote is from the bible jeremiah 23:24 (thanks to google).

oh wisest of rishis, why don't you introduce yourself such. then we will pay due respects to your rishidom.

perhaps you have been here before under other names, i suspect.

maybe you can tell us, in this brahmin focussed forum, currently focussed on finding brides, if you have any suggestions?

personally, i think, it is high time that brahmins start converting folks to their way of life. i wonder if you will agree to that.

thanks.

Nara

Thanks for admitting you are unworthy of any esteem. Obvious.

You are welcome :), but I was only admitting the obvious :):)

IMHO, it does not matter whether you are a Christian or not, but why should you be coy about it?

You Christians, and some Muslims as well, want to take one Vedic verse or another and say, see this is about Jesus or Mohammed or whatever. Why don't you guys then also accept Indra as the supreme lord, or that it is Brahmma who is the creator? Like your bible is, for you Christians, for the Vedic Hindus, vedas is inerrant and must be taken in full, not on an a la carte basis.

Anyway, personally, now that you have been outed, I have no problem with you. I am willing to converse with you if you feel like talking about something, anything, that interests me.

Cheers!

Nara

Dear Shri RVR Sir,

Greetings!

Late Mukkur Sri Lakshminarasimhachariar told in one of his upanyasams that if we have the same depth of confidence like the Child devotee Prahlad, he will make an avatar right now here itself. If we don't have faith and confidence, he may not come.

This logic has always puzzled me. If anything it is the likes of Prahladha, who are already unshakable in their faith, who do not require an appearance. It is heathens like Hiranyakasipu and adiyEn who require such a proof, and yet he refuses to show up.

It is always a dire situation or illness when prayer is supposed to work. If this is true then god surely is running an extortion/protection racket that Vito Corleone may want get in on and wet his beak, n'est-ce pas? (h/t Kunjuppu)

Cheers!

"...... perhaps you have been here before under other names, i suspect. "
Cynicism, is thy name Kunjuppu? I hold you in a high esteem Kunjuppuji. Please don't stoop to doubt. Others are my colleagues. We are located in different Project Sites yet connected in our local intranet. We share many things in common. That's all. There are some others also in this forum who don't resonate with our pronouncements, yet we are intimate friends.

maybe you can tell us, in this brahmin focussed forum, currently focussed on finding brides, if you have any suggestions?

What does that mean?

personally, i think, it is high time that brahmins start converting folks to their way of life. i wonder if you will agree to that.

thanks.

Confusion called Conversion has conquered you too. If an Iyengar goes to a Shiva temple, do you call that conversion?

Nara

maybe it is called doing the jobs of an other department but within the same organization :D

When it comes to religion I am an equally opportunity offender -- but when religion and incredulity is concerned, Christianity is ahead by a mile, hinudism stands no chance.

Just imagine, their god, having waited for more than 5000 years since inception, according to their calculations earth and the universe are only that old, suddenly he decides to incarnate himself as his son, and then arranges for himself to be brutally killed so that he can claim that he gave his life for the sins of people, the sins he himself defined as sins, but then he came back alive in three days.

Consider the so called cargo cults -- Google cargo cults and you will find lots of materials -- discussed in detail in the book God Delusion, by Richard Dawkins.

There is one particular instance of this cult that is facinating, one about a white man called John Frum. It seems this John Frum spent some time in one of the pacific islands before returing back to his own world. Whether he actually existed or not itself is uncertain.

The natives of this island of Tanna in the New Hebrides (known as Vanuatu since 1980) believe in him, just as the Christians believe in Jesus. They believe there is going to be a second coming of this John Frum, bearing bountiful cargo.

What follows is almost verbatim from Dawkins' book:

At the time of his second coming the mountains would fall flat and the valleys would be filled;old people would regain their youth and sickness would vanish; the white people would be expelled from the island never to return; and cargo would arrive in great quantity so that everybody would have as much as he wanted'.

* Compare Isaiah 40: 4: 'Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low.' This similarity doesn't necessarily indicate any fundamental feature of the human psyche, or Jungian 'collective unconscious'. These islands had long been infested with missionaries.

This is the true nature of religion in general. Whether it is sacred or profane depends upon whether it is your religion or someone else's and how ancient it is.

Cheers!

Regarding brahmana.....

hi nara and others,
this is my first post,and that itself about brahmanan....u all people were
speaking about brahman,like who is he ?wat r the characteristics ,and so on...but before that we need to think and analyse wat our elders said about...ie our periyava and that too hh maha periyava of kanchi.
I hope as it is brahmi forum ,u may respect him...In his deivathin kural ,there is a seperate topic on varnashram dharmam.Pls all of the above people who posted msg should read so that they can understand...
this will be bit long msg..i regret for that..bcoz it goes in wrong direction..i have personal opinion about who is brahmin or not,but wat our elders,periyava,shasthram says v have to follow....knowingly or unknowingly ie wat v r doing some how..

my question is ...
if jathi(here varnam) is not by birth ,then y krishna asked arjuna and ordered him to fight??krishna said ,o arjuna it is ur duty (karma) to fight...
why did he do??
ok u people have quoted some gita slokas...let it be..
u people say person who has soft ,sathva character is brahmana..
any one who has that character is brahmana...that is also wrong...
our problem is v don understand krishna's statement..

Four varnas (namely brhma, kshtriya, vaisya & sudra) were created by me fathered by (or based upon) the gunas (satva, rajas and thamasa) and work (here karma is taken as work or action, not as nithya karma).

ok krishna said i created varnas based on the gunas.it means based on one character his profession is to be selected!!!
so any one can do any job!!!this is what krishna meant???if u think u r wrong...

ok if u think so,like

if a persons occupation(varnam) should be finalised when v know about is character...(guna karam vibha....)
when u ll know one complete character,generally at the age of 20,21..
then upto that age,what should that person do???simply playing??? wat a studpid concept!!
it means,again it is against to krishnas statement that "do ur duty dont be idle (karma pannu)"

krishna bhagavan is not like our politician ,whose statement changes frequently...

second question is..
in bhagavad gita,when arjuna sees huge people ,he says ,all the people were killed ,then there will be no progeny ,
there are lakhs of people,kshatriyas ,when many of them killed ,every one has family ,the family has wife ,children.
then who will protect them.so they will have extra sexual relations because no husband from that varna.....
it leads to intercaste problem(varna sankaram),so we should not fight now..

this is what arjuna said to krishna.....
y arjuna said like that becaue they were following varnashrama dharma...

my 3 question is

krishna says,when a person follows his own kula dharma and he is killed for that ,it is better than following
other dharma ...alway swadharmanushtanam is great!!!

y krishna said like that

..for those things answer is ,,jaathi (strictly) is based on birth..then y u r born here ,and im born there...simple
karma!!!all karma is equal..there is no one greater than other..jus we need sama dhristi .....ie equality

if every one follows their own dharma ,then there will be complete harmony in the society...
simple thing ,is god has given the birth,in so and so place ,for this father and mother ,with this situation,
we have not selected any of the above.....

finally, the above mentioned all details are not my opinion.it is our shastras view,our rishis,elders and his HH
maha periyava sri chandrasekarendra saraswathi swamigal has opined...

and my sincere request to all is pls do sandhyavandhanam.....and gayathri japam ,,it ll drive u.....
sorry for this long mail,if i hurt any one in any way..sorry for that...
thats all
mohanakrishnan

RVR

Cynicism, is thy name Kunjuppu? I hold you in a high esteem Kunjuppuji. Please don't stoop to doubt. Others are my colleagues. We are located in different Project Sites yet connected in our local intranet. We share many things in common. That's all. There are some others also in this forum who don't resonate with our pronouncements, yet we are intimate friends.

What does that mean?

Confusion called Conversion has conquered you too. If an Iyengar goes to a Shiva temple, do you call that conversion?

Sri Brahmarishi,

You talk of cynicism w.r.t the comments of Sri Kunjuppu. Your reply to Prof Nara is also not straight to his question.

Your replies to me and Ms.Happy Hindu earlier are literally making fun of us.

I never wanted salutations at the end of every sentence.

Ms.Happy Hindu is a senior member in the forum. She has honestly declared herself that she doesn't belonged to TB community. All of us respect her straight forwardness and continue to debate/discuss with her on all issues without any problem. But your reply to her in a typical brahminical language seems to make fun of her. Please don't do it.

We are not bothered to which religion, caste, race or language you belong. Personally my head was shaved at Nagore Durga during my younger days. I have visited Velankanni Church. Most of our members don't have any problem with other religions.

But come out honestly and reveal yourself to the forum so that none of us have any reservation whatsoever.

Why don't you mingle with us physically in some of the events which we are organising.

All the best

OP
OP
R

Raghy

Sorry Raghy, I have a different view. The qualities you described are qualities of a good man, a wise man, or one who is referred to as சான்றோன் in Tamil. They do not refer to a Brahmana.

The qualities that describe a Brahamna include being a castiest, an opportunist, one who makes a living on the labor of others, etc.

Sorry!!

Sri Naran,

The qualities described by you in paragraph one may not entierly refer to a brahmana. I agree with you there. How ever, the qualities explained in paragraph two are the qualities one can remove from their lives. We need not be a casteist, an opportunist etc.

Irrespective to the caste of their birth, there are many who strive non-casteist, non-religionist, helpful to others etc. You are pointing out to the emptiness of the glass, rightly so, because most of the glass is empty. I am optimistic about the small portion still left at the bottom. Eventually everyone has to come to the glass. I refer this to not only caste brahmins but also other castes too. Only then we will see a plenty of 'andhanar' as described by Valluvar.

Ms Happyhindu,

Sorry ma'am. I did'nt intend being sarcastic. Neither did I intend offense. I thought you doubted my background. Yet my invitation is sincere. Please do visit us. My household will be happy to meet you.

Sri Brahmarishi,

You talk of cynicism w.r.t the comments of Sri Kunjuppu. Your reply to Prof Nara is also not straight to his question.

Your replies to me and Ms.Happy Hindu earlier are literally making fun of us.

I never wanted salutations at the end of every sentence.

Ms.Happy Hindu is a senior member in the forum. She has honestly declared herself that she doesn't belonged to TB community. All of us respect her straight forwardness and continue to debate/discuss with her on all issues without any problem. But your reply to her in a typical brahminical language seems to make fun of her. Please don't do it.

We are not bothered to which religion, caste, race or language you belong. Personally my head was shaved at Nagore Durga during my younger days. I have visited Velankanni Church. Most of our members don't have any problem with other religions.

But come out honestly and reveal yourself to the forum so that none of us have any reservation whatsoever.

Why don't you mingle with us physically in some of the events which we are organising.

All the best

What was not straight in reply to Nara? He doesn't seem to be matured. He jumps to conclusions. He relates scriptues to religion. I have little to do with christianity. Quoting from the Bible does not make one a christian, as much as reading the Bagwad gita does not make one a hindu, as performing the sandhyavandhan mechanically does not make one a brahmin, as entering a garage does not make one a mechanic. Any Tom, Dick and Harry can read the Bible, the Gita, the Quran. They are not exclusive. Don't you profess 'Let noble thoughts come from everywhere'?.

What more of my identity do you want me to reveal?

I would love to mingle with you all. But I am now deputed On site, to our client's place in USA. I would visit India during May 2010. My base location is Bangalore. Can I meet you all in Bangalore? You may visit our Infosys Bangalore campus. It is superb. I will take you around. I will treat you all with delicious Karnataka meals in our campus. I can arrange for you all to meet Mr Narayanamurthy, our Founder. He is an excellent man, great man, yet humble. Or you may mail Nagesh. He is in Bangalore. He can entertain you all at Bangalore. I will also mail him.

Love to all of you.

RVR

Sri Brahma Rishi,

Thanks for your reply.

We are trying to organise members get together starting in Chennai next week. May be followed in Bangalore next month.

If possible, I will definitely meet you at Bangalore in May 2010. If not please meet our other friends in Bangalore.

All the best

SuryaKasyapa

What more of my identity do you want me to reveal?

I would love to mingle with you all. But I am now deputed On site, to our client's place in USA. I would visit India during May 2010. My base location is Bangalore. Can I meet you all in Bangalore? You may visit our Infosys Bangalore campus. It is superb. I will take you around. I will treat you all with delicious Karnataka meals in our campus. I can arrange for you all to meet Mr Narayanamurthy, our Founder. He is an excellent man, great man, yet humble. Or you may mail Nagesh. He is in Bangalore. He can entertain you all at Bangalore. I will also mail him.

Love to all of you.

Happy to see that Sri Brahma Rishi is in good company ( both meanings of the word) ,but does it need to be flaunted in such language? The general tone in Brahma Rishi's post can be edited and toned down by himself.It will be more palatablethen and will get approval from generally moderate members.

It is a request.

Greetings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for visiting TamilBrahmins.com

You seem to have an Ad Blocker on.

We depend on advertising to keep our content free for you. Please consider whitelisting us in your ad blocker so that we can continue to provide the content you have come here to enjoy.

Alternatively, consider upgrading your account to enjoy an ad-free experience along with numerous other benefits. To upgrade your account, please visit the account upgrades page

You can also donate financially if you can. Please Click Here on how you can do that.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks