• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Love Marriage-against parents due to astro

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Thiruvalluvar gave the right kind of caution!

பிறர்க்கின்னா முற்பகல் செய்யின் தமக்கின்னா
பிற்பகல் தாமே வரும்!

Couplet 319
If, ere the noontide, you to others evil do,
Before the eventide will evil visit you
Explanation
If a man inflict sorrow upon others in the morning, it will come upon him unsought in the very evening
Source of quote:
Thirukural in Tamil, English and Transliteration

Dear Renu,

Brahmins do not celebrate festivals in the mourning period of one year! :sad:

raji,

unfortunately this is the bane of hinduism. we slot ourselves into castes and exclude others, who go to the same temple and worship the same God.

one shudders at how much we divide ourselves, and open ourselves as prey to others. maybe in the overall, it does not matter.

who knows!!

Dear Renu,

Brahmins do not celebrate festivals in the mourning period of one year! :sad:

Dear RR ji,

I forgot..I thought it was more than a year.

Anyway RR ji..I think all Hindus even NBs do not celebrate anything in the 1 year mourning period.

Oh! All Hindus? Thanks for the info. Renu. I hope K sir reads your post! :ranger:

Dear RR ji,

I thought it was a known fact that all Hindus do not celebrate anything during the 1st year mourning period...even though I do not see any religious logic in it when Geeta says that the wise never mourn about death cos its is just the gross body changing its garments from birth to birth.

But from the psychological point of view it makes some sense cos it takes almost a year to get over the depressive feeling of the death of a near and loved one.

I think someone should rewrite the do's and dont's of Hinduism from the psychological point of view.

But RR Ji..I think Kunjs post was actually trying to convey something else!LOL

Dear Renu,

I knew what K Sir meant in his post! I thought and wrote about mourning period of brahmins and your post enlightened me!

Hence I wanted him to read yours. But some nonbrams celebrate the weddings within a short time after a death of a person
in that family, saying that the blessing of the departed soul will be there for them within one year! :angel:

(kāyena vācā manasendriyair vā buddhyātmanā vā prakṛteḥ svabhāvāt |
karomi yadyat sakalaṃ parasmai nārāyaṇāyeti samarpayāmi ||)
This is the ultimate escapism!! :peace:

Not exactly! Religion itself is, in essence, escapism of one kind or another. And, this is just one facet of it.

interesting profs and gentlemen and ladies.

u misjudge something by less than 1 second duration and u meet with an accident
u loose an olympic medal by less than a 1 millisecond
u can miss a train by 1 minute
u can loose ur lover by coming late to the park by 1 hour
u can loose a college admission by coming late by 1 day

u probably can have a new horoscope by finding the exact time of birth may be the birth time was a minute or 2 this side that side??

You are theoretically right. In our astrology, there is one kind of minute division called "ShashTyamSa" (one-sixtieth part) and this division will change in about 10 to 20 minutes. Hence inaccuracy may lead to a change of the ShashTyamSa Lagna as also the entire ShashTyamSa Chart itself. Fortunately, however, very few astrologers go so deep and predictions are based on other sub-divisions which are less sensitive.

A special problem cropped up with one of Ram's nephew's horoscope! When the computer horoscope was cast in one of the sites,

the lagnam in his chart is different from what the family astrologer had marked earlier! Since all the predictions are based on the

calculations of planets wrt the lagnam, the parents are totally confused which chart they have to give for comparison! :confused:

Not exactly! Religion itself is, in essence, escapism of one kind or another. And, this is just one facet of it.

The way I would like to look at it is as follows.

Dedicating our actions and deeds to the Supreme will (the cause of this great evolution happening in Universe) or praying that our actions and deeds be aligned with His will or simply put, meditating that 'I submit my ego to His will' is NOT equal to NOT taking responsibility for our actions.

Hence it is not escapism.

Our actions and deeds are ours and have an impact on society, which in turn impacts us. We can't escape our actions and deeds. It keeps coming back to us in way that one cannot visualize.

We submit our actions and deeds to Narayana so that we tell ourselves that we may need to learn more, we may need to change.

When we pray we dedicate our actions/deeds to Narayana daily, we develop a humility in us that lower our ego, which in turn, helps us to learn more, understand, change and be as much as on the side of that great evolution.

Try it sincerely and I hope and you will feel it..

-TBT

Last edited:
I disagree.

Dedicating our actions and deeds to the Supreme will (the cause of this great evolution happening in Universe) or praying that our actions and deeds be aligned with His will or simply put, meditating that 'I submit my ego to His will' is NOT equal to NOT taking responsibility for our actions.

Hence it is not escapism.

Our actions and deeds are ours and have an impact on society, which in turn impacts us. We can't escape our actions and deeds. It keeps coming back to us in way that one cannot visualize.

We submit our actions and deeds to Narayana so that we tell ourselves that we may need to learn more, we may need to change.

When we pray we dedicate our actions/deeds to Narayana daily, we develop a humility in us that lower our ego, which in turn, helps us to learn more, understand, change and be as much as on the side of that great evolution.

Try it sincerely and I hope and you will feel it..

-TBT

If there is a "Supreme will" which is also "the cause of this great evolution happening in Universe" (I am personally not convinced about the existence of any such Supreme will and I am sure there is no evolution happening in the Universe - Universe may or may not be really existing but it appears to the human mind to exist and we, humans imagine that it is 'evolving', this is my opinion.) then our individual human will can have no impact vis-a-vis that Supreme will. Everything will happen only in accordance with that Supreme will.

In such a context, all our actions and deeds will also be according to that Supreme will only as otherwise it will not be Supreme but just 'yet another' will. Meditating that "I submit my ego to His will" is actually an indirect method of emphasizing and strengthening one's own ego because, by implication, this 'my ego' seems to require one's own conscious and deliberate permission to become subordinated to that Supreme will. By repeating this 'meditation' therefore, what happens is that this 'my ego' becomes more and more prominent and it becomes a great problem to control that ever-growing 'my ego'. The religion comes in at that point and advertises itself as having the best solution/s to the problem ;)

The talk of lowering of ego etc., is not usually found but this is the standard religious line.

If there is a "Supreme will" which is also "the cause of this great evolution happening in Universe" (I am personally not convinced about the existence of any such Supreme will and I am sure there is no evolution happening in the Universe - Universe may or may not be really existing but it appears to the human mind to exist and we, humans imagine that it is 'evolving', this is my opinion.) then our individual human will can have no impact vis-a-vis that Supreme will. Everything will happen only in accordance with that Supreme will.

In such a context, all our actions and deeds will also be according to that Supreme will only as otherwise it will not be Supreme but just 'yet another' will. Meditating that "I submit my ego to His will" is actually an indirect method of emphasizing and strengthening one's own ego because, by implication, this 'my ego' seems to require one's own conscious and deliberate permission to become subordinated to that Supreme will. By repeating this 'meditation' therefore, what happens is that this 'my ego' becomes more and more prominent and it becomes a great problem to control that ever-growing 'my ego'. The religion comes in at that point and advertises itself as having the best solution/s to the problem ;)

The talk of lowering of ego etc., is not usually found but this is the standard religious line.

Well when one keeps submitting our actions and deeds, we 'recognize' our ego for sure, but does not overbloat it. The recognition that we have a ego or our own consciousness is important. That recognition in itself does not lead to any clash with others if we know, understand and are ready to learn from each other, for which that submission and dedication is a way, as we understand everyone is sub-ordinated to the same Supreme consciousness and others could be as right or wrong as we are..

The point in itself is not the recognition of Supreme will or not, as your recognition is immaterial to it (if it exists or not). It is the attitude that we develop to submit, know and learn from each other.

True, I am not talking of any religious lines here or quoting from any scriptures here.. I am expressing what I learnt and realized..

Do it and Develop it..

-TBT

Last edited:
T........... Dedicating our actions and deeds to the Supreme will (the cause of this great evolution happening in Universe) or praying that our actions and deeds be aligned with His will or simply put, meditating that 'I submit my ego to His will' is NOT equal to NOT taking responsibility for our actions.
Dear Sir,

I am a believer of 'avanidRi OraNuvum asaiyAdhu'! But I think we should do our duties in the righteous way and then leave

the result of our actions to Him. People may tend to think wrong and do wrong and put the blame of Him if they can dedicate

everything to Him!

A special problem cropped up with one of Ram's nephew's horoscope! When the computer horoscope was cast in one of the sites,

the lagnam in his chart is different from what the family astrologer had marked earlier! Since all the predictions are based on the

calculations of planets wrt the lagnam, the parents are totally confused which chart they have to give for comparison! :confused:
I have three horoscopes. The one which the village astrologer made. Then my father cast one as per Lahiri's Ayanamsa. Then when I was of marriageable age my father thought that Raman's ayanamsa is better and cast one according to that. Though the lagna is the same there are substantial differences.

Now the first horoscope as per Lahiri's ayanamsa reached my in laws and they found that the horoscope did not match.

Then after one year they got the new horoscope as per Raman's Ayanamsa. It matched.

After the marriage was fixed my mother in law got the old horoscope while getting rid of all the horoscopes. They were shocked and ran to the astrologer with both the horoscopes. The astrologer confirmed that the new one is correct. According to the Astrologer, if the first horoscope was correct, I would have never agreed for a marriage. All these was related by my wife.

My father was a good Astrologer. But he could never understand why nothing happened as per my horoscope.

I have consulted a number of Astrologers over the years to find whether even one astrologer could predict something from my horoscope. None of them could. My life is totally different from what is as per my horoscope. Prasnam also does not work.

Coming to your problem, the only way you can test the horoscope is to find out which one conforms to major events in life. And then give that horoscope for matching.

I hope it is not like my horoscope where good Astrologers could not even say whether I have any children.

I...............
I have consulted a number of Astrologers over the years to find whether even one astrologer could predict something from my horoscope. None of them could. My life is totally different from what is as per my horoscope. Prasnam also does not work.

Coming to your problem, the only way you can test the horoscope is to find out which one conforms to major events in life. And then give that horoscope for matching. .......
Dear Sir,

When the events do not happen as per the horoscope, how can we select the correct horoscope with the real events in life?

It is too confusing and probably my brother in law will stop going for horoscope matching very soon!

Dear Sir,

I am a believer of 'avanidRi OraNuvum asaiyAdhu'! But I think we should do our duties in the righteous way and then leave

the result of our actions to Him. People may tend to think wrong and do wrong and put the blame of Him if they can dedicate

everything to Him!

Agreed. That's it..

Sometimes people whom we think are doing wrong may be thinking they are doing it right and vice versa. So how do we really know right and wrong... Hence we dedicate our actions (whether we/others think right or wrong) to Him and from there learn to adapt, change and understand each other..

-TBT

Dear Sir,

When the events do not happen as per the horoscope, how can we select the correct horoscope with the real events in life?

It is too confusing and probably my brother in law will stop going for horoscope matching very soon!

A question which my father with all his years of research in Astrology could not answer. But do not take my case as standard. It is an exception. My horoscope frustrated my father. It also frustrated the Astrolgers who saw the horoscope. I used to agree with some of the Astrologers even though they were wrong.

ganesham
you have been sufficietly confused by many members of this forum
See post 67 . it will indicate how to get 3 versions of the horoscope with same date of birth and time with different position of grahas and even star if the time of birth is on the margin next or previous of present star moola. You can take satisfaction that moola is not yor wifes star. if this happens .
Personally , I feel you have nothing to feel guilty about the star of yr wife
my daughters star is ayilyam and her inlaw is hale and hearty after years of marriage.
I was lucky that my sambandhi never even raised this subject when I finalised the marriage
I personally do not believe in horoscope. but I can cast and compare. I can give you lahiri or ramans.
you can enter the appropriate website and take out a copy and match if necessary for yr satisfaction
personally I think it is not worth it . throw thw horoscope,drive away relations who talk about it and live happily with wife

ganesham
you have been sufficietly confused by many members of this forum
See post 67 . it will indicate how to get 3 versions of the horoscope with same date of birth and time with different position of grahas and even star if the time of birth is on the margin next or previous of present star moola. You can take satisfaction that moola is not yor wifes star. if this happens .
Personally , I feel you have nothing to feel guilty about the star of yr wife
my daughters star is ayilyam and her inlaw is hale and hearty after years of marriage.
I was lucky that my sambandhi never even raised this subject when I finalised the marriage
I personally do not believe in horoscope. but I can cast and compare. I can give you lahiri or ramans.
you can enter the appropriate website and take out a copy and match if necessary for yr satisfaction
personally I think it is not worth it . throw thw horoscope,drive away relations who talk about it and live happily with wife

I fully endorse this view (as I too do not believe in Horoscope). But so many lives are ruined, and so much opportunities are lost because of this mistaken faith in AstroXXXX, and other related superstitions.

We can continue this thread. But I think the OP will not visit often!

After 11th November, he has not written any post in forum and his activity is 0%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back