• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Who is Brahmanan

Status
Not open for further replies.
learning does not necessarily make a man humble...nor does it guarantee the attainment of goals like moksha...a farmer, cobbler, scavenger, etc can be as pious as anyone else....it is unfortunate if people were to associate gunas (qualites) with caste (occupation)....

"Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom. Let not the physically mighty man boast in his might. Let not the rich man boast in his riches. He who boasts shall boast in this, that He knows Me, that I am the God who executes righteousness and judgment on earth".

The above are the words spoken thru a prophet and found written in the scripture. Search the scriptures and you will find it.

Most honorable Sri RVR,

Would you ever imagine disobeying a parent or elder whom you love most? Would you ever in the wildest of your imagination offend them? When you would'nt your beloved ones who are mortals, how precautious would you be not to disobey or to offend the Immortal, the Omnipotent, Omniscient, Omnipresent. Won't you shudder at the thought of offending God. That is Fear of God.

Even if you deliberately offend God, God returns with Agape Love. He will leave you alone, yet watching over you, eager for you to return to Him.

Could you please ponder over your own signature in this Forum?

Thanks.

According to our ancient literature, God has taken several avatars to protect not only human beings like us but also other creatures. He has taken avatars not only in human form but also in several other forms. I am sure you would have mastered Dasavatharam.

Late Mukkur Sri Lakshminarasimhachariar told in one of his upanyasams that if we have the same depth of confidence like the Child devotee Prahlad, he will make an avatar right now here itself. If we don't have faith and confidence, he may not come. My knowledge is limited only to hearing such speeches and I am an ordinary man.

You have crowned yourself as Brahma Rishi. Even Vashistar was an ordinary Rishi. Only Viswamitrar was honoured with the title Brihma Rishi. Please argue with people of your calibre and not an ordinary person like me.

All the best

"Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom. Let not the physically mighty man boast in his might. Let not the rich man boast in his riches. He who boasts shall boast in this, that He knows Me, that I am the God who executes righteousness and judgment on earth".

The above are the words spoken thru a prophet and found written in the scripture. Search the scriptures and you will find it.

the quote is from the bible jeremiah 23:24 (thanks to google).

oh wisest of rishis, why don't you introduce yourself such. then we will pay due respects to your rishidom.

perhaps you have been here before under other names, i suspect.

maybe you can tell us, in this brahmin focussed forum, currently focussed on finding brides, if you have any suggestions?

personally, i think, it is high time that brahmins start converting folks to their way of life. i wonder if you will agree to that.

thanks.

Thanks for admitting you are unworthy of any esteem. Obvious.

You are welcome :), but I was only admitting the obvious :):)

IMHO, it does not matter whether you are a Christian or not, but why should you be coy about it?

You Christians, and some Muslims as well, want to take one Vedic verse or another and say, see this is about Jesus or Mohammed or whatever. Why don't you guys then also accept Indra as the supreme lord, or that it is Brahmma who is the creator? Like your bible is, for you Christians, for the Vedic Hindus, vedas is inerrant and must be taken in full, not on an a la carte basis.

Anyway, personally, now that you have been outed, I have no problem with you. I am willing to converse with you if you feel like talking about something, anything, that interests me.

Cheers!

Dear Shri RVR Sir,

Greetings!

Late Mukkur Sri Lakshminarasimhachariar told in one of his upanyasams that if we have the same depth of confidence like the Child devotee Prahlad, he will make an avatar right now here itself. If we don't have faith and confidence, he may not come.

This logic has always puzzled me. If anything it is the likes of Prahladha, who are already unshakable in their faith, who do not require an appearance. It is heathens like Hiranyakasipu and adiyEn who require such a proof, and yet he refuses to show up.

It is always a dire situation or illness when prayer is supposed to work. If this is true then god surely is running an extortion/protection racket that Vito Corleone may want get in on and wet his beak, n'est-ce pas? (h/t Kunjuppu)

Cheers!

"...... perhaps you have been here before under other names, i suspect. "
Cynicism, is thy name Kunjuppu? I hold you in a high esteem Kunjuppuji. Please don't stoop to doubt. Others are my colleagues. We are located in different Project Sites yet connected in our local intranet. We share many things in common. That's all. There are some others also in this forum who don't resonate with our pronouncements, yet we are intimate friends.

maybe you can tell us, in this brahmin focussed forum, currently focussed on finding brides, if you have any suggestions?

What does that mean?

personally, i think, it is high time that brahmins start converting folks to their way of life. i wonder if you will agree to that.

thanks.

Confusion called Conversion has conquered you too. If an Iyengar goes to a Shiva temple, do you call that conversion?

maybe it is called doing the jobs of an other department but within the same organization :D

When it comes to religion I am an equally opportunity offender -- but when religion and incredulity is concerned, Christianity is ahead by a mile, hinudism stands no chance.

Just imagine, their god, having waited for more than 5000 years since inception, according to their calculations earth and the universe are only that old, suddenly he decides to incarnate himself as his son, and then arranges for himself to be brutally killed so that he can claim that he gave his life for the sins of people, the sins he himself defined as sins, but then he came back alive in three days.

Consider the so called cargo cults -- Google cargo cults and you will find lots of materials -- discussed in detail in the book God Delusion, by Richard Dawkins.

There is one particular instance of this cult that is facinating, one about a white man called John Frum. It seems this John Frum spent some time in one of the pacific islands before returing back to his own world. Whether he actually existed or not itself is uncertain.

The natives of this island of Tanna in the New Hebrides (known as Vanuatu since 1980) believe in him, just as the Christians believe in Jesus. They believe there is going to be a second coming of this John Frum, bearing bountiful cargo.

What follows is almost verbatim from Dawkins' book:

At the time of his second coming the mountains would fall flat and the valleys would be filled;old people would regain their youth and sickness would vanish; the white people would be expelled from the island never to return; and cargo would arrive in great quantity so that everybody would have as much as he wanted'.

* Compare Isaiah 40: 4: 'Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low.' This similarity doesn't necessarily indicate any fundamental feature of the human psyche, or Jungian 'collective unconscious'. These islands had long been infested with missionaries.

This is the true nature of religion in general. Whether it is sacred or profane depends upon whether it is your religion or someone else's and how ancient it is.

Cheers!

Regarding brahmana.....

hi nara and others,
this is my first post,and that itself about brahmanan....u all people were
speaking about brahman,like who is he ?wat r the characteristics ,and so on...but before that we need to think and analyse wat our elders said about...ie our periyava and that too hh maha periyava of kanchi.
I hope as it is brahmi forum ,u may respect him...In his deivathin kural ,there is a seperate topic on varnashram dharmam.Pls all of the above people who posted msg should read so that they can understand...
this will be bit long msg..i regret for that..bcoz it goes in wrong direction..i have personal opinion about who is brahmin or not,but wat our elders,periyava,shasthram says v have to follow....knowingly or unknowingly ie wat v r doing some how..

my question is ...
if jathi(here varnam) is not by birth ,then y krishna asked arjuna and ordered him to fight??krishna said ,o arjuna it is ur duty (karma) to fight...
why did he do??
ok u people have quoted some gita slokas...let it be..
u people say person who has soft ,sathva character is brahmana..
any one who has that character is brahmana...that is also wrong...
our problem is v don understand krishna's statement..

Four varnas (namely brhma, kshtriya, vaisya & sudra) were created by me fathered by (or based upon) the gunas (satva, rajas and thamasa) and work (here karma is taken as work or action, not as nithya karma).

ok krishna said i created varnas based on the gunas.it means based on one character his profession is to be selected!!!
so any one can do any job!!!this is what krishna meant???if u think u r wrong...

ok if u think so,like

if a persons occupation(varnam) should be finalised when v know about is character...(guna karam vibha....)
when u ll know one complete character,generally at the age of 20,21..
then upto that age,what should that person do???simply playing??? wat a studpid concept!!
it means,again it is against to krishnas statement that "do ur duty dont be idle (karma pannu)"

krishna bhagavan is not like our politician ,whose statement changes frequently...

second question is..
in bhagavad gita,when arjuna sees huge people ,he says ,all the people were killed ,then there will be no progeny ,
there are lakhs of people,kshatriyas ,when many of them killed ,every one has family ,the family has wife ,children.
then who will protect them.so they will have extra sexual relations because no husband from that varna.....
it leads to intercaste problem(varna sankaram),so we should not fight now..

this is what arjuna said to krishna.....
y arjuna said like that becaue they were following varnashrama dharma...

my 3 question is

krishna says,when a person follows his own kula dharma and he is killed for that ,it is better than following
other dharma ...alway swadharmanushtanam is great!!!

y krishna said like that

..for those things answer is ,,jaathi (strictly) is based on birth..then y u r born here ,and im born there...simple
karma!!!all karma is equal..there is no one greater than other..jus we need sama dhristi .....ie equality

if every one follows their own dharma ,then there will be complete harmony in the society...
simple thing ,is god has given the birth,in so and so place ,for this father and mother ,with this situation,
we have not selected any of the above.....

finally, the above mentioned all details are not my opinion.it is our shastras view,our rishis,elders and his HH
maha periyava sri chandrasekarendra saraswathi swamigal has opined...

and my sincere request to all is pls do sandhyavandhanam.....and gayathri japam ,,it ll drive u.....
sorry for this long mail,if i hurt any one in any way..sorry for that...
thats all
mohanakrishnan

Cynicism, is thy name Kunjuppu? I hold you in a high esteem Kunjuppuji. Please don't stoop to doubt. Others are my colleagues. We are located in different Project Sites yet connected in our local intranet. We share many things in common. That's all. There are some others also in this forum who don't resonate with our pronouncements, yet we are intimate friends.

What does that mean?

Confusion called Conversion has conquered you too. If an Iyengar goes to a Shiva temple, do you call that conversion?

Sri Brahmarishi,

You talk of cynicism w.r.t the comments of Sri Kunjuppu. Your reply to Prof Nara is also not straight to his question.

Your replies to me and Ms.Happy Hindu earlier are literally making fun of us.

I never wanted salutations at the end of every sentence.

Ms.Happy Hindu is a senior member in the forum. She has honestly declared herself that she doesn't belonged to TB community. All of us respect her straight forwardness and continue to debate/discuss with her on all issues without any problem. But your reply to her in a typical brahminical language seems to make fun of her. Please don't do it.

We are not bothered to which religion, caste, race or language you belong. Personally my head was shaved at Nagore Durga during my younger days. I have visited Velankanni Church. Most of our members don't have any problem with other religions.

But come out honestly and reveal yourself to the forum so that none of us have any reservation whatsoever.

Why don't you mingle with us physically in some of the events which we are organising.

All the best

Sorry Raghy, I have a different view. The qualities you described are qualities of a good man, a wise man, or one who is referred to as சான்றோன் in Tamil. They do not refer to a Brahmana.

The qualities that describe a Brahamna include being a castiest, an opportunist, one who makes a living on the labor of others, etc.

Sorry!!

Sri Naran,

The qualities described by you in paragraph one may not entierly refer to a brahmana. I agree with you there. How ever, the qualities explained in paragraph two are the qualities one can remove from their lives. We need not be a casteist, an opportunist etc.

Irrespective to the caste of their birth, there are many who strive non-casteist, non-religionist, helpful to others etc. You are pointing out to the emptiness of the glass, rightly so, because most of the glass is empty. I am optimistic about the small portion still left at the bottom. Eventually everyone has to come to the glass. I refer this to not only caste brahmins but also other castes too. Only then we will see a plenty of 'andhanar' as described by Valluvar.

Ms Happyhindu,

Sorry ma'am. I did'nt intend being sarcastic. Neither did I intend offense. I thought you doubted my background. Yet my invitation is sincere. Please do visit us. My household will be happy to meet you.

Sri Brahmarishi,

You talk of cynicism w.r.t the comments of Sri Kunjuppu. Your reply to Prof Nara is also not straight to his question.

Your replies to me and Ms.Happy Hindu earlier are literally making fun of us.

I never wanted salutations at the end of every sentence.

Ms.Happy Hindu is a senior member in the forum. She has honestly declared herself that she doesn't belonged to TB community. All of us respect her straight forwardness and continue to debate/discuss with her on all issues without any problem. But your reply to her in a typical brahminical language seems to make fun of her. Please don't do it.

We are not bothered to which religion, caste, race or language you belong. Personally my head was shaved at Nagore Durga during my younger days. I have visited Velankanni Church. Most of our members don't have any problem with other religions.

But come out honestly and reveal yourself to the forum so that none of us have any reservation whatsoever.

Why don't you mingle with us physically in some of the events which we are organising.

All the best

What was not straight in reply to Nara? He doesn't seem to be matured. He jumps to conclusions. He relates scriptues to religion. I have little to do with christianity. Quoting from the Bible does not make one a christian, as much as reading the Bagwad gita does not make one a hindu, as performing the sandhyavandhan mechanically does not make one a brahmin, as entering a garage does not make one a mechanic. Any Tom, Dick and Harry can read the Bible, the Gita, the Quran. They are not exclusive. Don't you profess 'Let noble thoughts come from everywhere'?.

What more of my identity do you want me to reveal?

I would love to mingle with you all. But I am now deputed On site, to our client's place in USA. I would visit India during May 2010. My base location is Bangalore. Can I meet you all in Bangalore? You may visit our Infosys Bangalore campus. It is superb. I will take you around. I will treat you all with delicious Karnataka meals in our campus. I can arrange for you all to meet Mr Narayanamurthy, our Founder. He is an excellent man, great man, yet humble. Or you may mail Nagesh. He is in Bangalore. He can entertain you all at Bangalore. I will also mail him.

Love to all of you.

Sri Brahma Rishi,

Thanks for your reply.

We are trying to organise members get together starting in Chennai next week. May be followed in Bangalore next month.

If possible, I will definitely meet you at Bangalore in May 2010. If not please meet our other friends in Bangalore.

All the best

What more of my identity do you want me to reveal?

I would love to mingle with you all. But I am now deputed On site, to our client's place in USA. I would visit India during May 2010. My base location is Bangalore. Can I meet you all in Bangalore? You may visit our Infosys Bangalore campus. It is superb. I will take you around. I will treat you all with delicious Karnataka meals in our campus. I can arrange for you all to meet Mr Narayanamurthy, our Founder. He is an excellent man, great man, yet humble. Or you may mail Nagesh. He is in Bangalore. He can entertain you all at Bangalore. I will also mail him.

Love to all of you.

Happy to see that Sri Brahma Rishi is in good company ( both meanings of the word) ,but does it need to be flaunted in such language? The general tone in Brahma Rishi's post can be edited and toned down by himself.It will be more palatablethen and will get approval from generally moderate members.

It is a request.

Greetings

When it comes to religion I am an equally opportunity offender -- but when religion and incredulity is concerned, Christianity is ahead by a mile, hinudism stands no chance.

Just imagine, their god, having waited for more than 5000 years since inception, according to their calculations earth and the universe are only that old, suddenly he decides to incarnate himself as his son, and then arranges for himself to be brutally killed so that he can claim that he gave his life for the sins of people, the sins he himself defined as sins, but then he came back alive in three days.

People who live in Glass houses must not throw stones at others.

Look at the speck in your own eye before you look at the speck in another’s eye.

Incredulities, contradictions and controversies galore in so-called hindu scriptures, epics and legends.

In the perception of a so-called hindu, if the hero of an epic flirts around with gopika sthris, it is spiritual, it is holy. Whoever criticizes that, is a sinner, is spiritually immature. The hero can suggest ideas to eliminate enemies by unfair means.

The hero of another epic can eliminate a foe by hiding and aiming a bow, to please the foe’s younger brother, breaking all kshatriya dharma. Yet it is dharma since the one who perpetrated it was doing it towards a noble cause.

Such heroes can be deified, idolized and worshipped as God.

But the one who preached, “the moment you look at a woman to lust after her, you have committed adultery”, though He humbled on the cross, is humbug. Of such is the Brahmin mentality and mindset.

Introspect into your own inner self.

What have you as an individual and also as a group achieved? What has your mechanical and artificial performance of sandhyavandhanams, performance of rituals, chanting of Sanskrit mantras done to your spirit? Were you able to relate with God? Were you able to commune with God’s Spirit?

You claim Hinduism as tolerant. But you demolish masjids and torch churches. You do little to improve the lot of the so called dalits. But when they leave Hinduism you cry foul. When they are inspired by someone’s preaching and follow after some other faith, you flex your muscles and call it conversion by coercion, by force, by allurement, by inducement etc. “Aadu nanaivadhai paarthu onai azhudhudham"
contd...................

When some foreign preacher lands in your city or town you get desperate. The so-called hindu sadhus instigate their obedient disciples to demonstrate, to go on a rampage, to the extent of sabotage, of breaking the windshields of public vehicles (recollect the Benny Hinn event in Bangalore). If you had conviction you will be totally insensitive to another person leaving your faith. Why should it matter to you at all? You will mind your own business. But you won’t. Because you don’t have conviction.

Someone in this thread mentioned, Hinduism promotes Love of God. Would you invite home a so-called sakkili for lunch or dinner and share the dining table with him? Do you have the guts to face the reproaches, the afflictions and tribulations from your community?

Your minds have been programmed and conditioned into believing that you are a high caste. Don’t deny you never thought of yourself as such. Barring a few, the rest of all those who call themselves Brahmins indeed think of themselves so. If you are denying this you are a LIAR. You are lying not to me but to your own conscience. Nevertheless there is nothing high about the Brahmin caste. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HIGH AT ALL. That’s a figment of your own imagination. Brahmins are absolutely no match at all to the Jews or to the Japanese when it comes to Intelligence. What were you doing with your intelligence when some imperial power was ruling you for nearly 400 years? Where went your intelligence?

An individual is recognized for his character and conduct. Does your character and conduct draw people towards you? Is your life a witness and testimony? By your life, does someone recognize you as a man of God?

While you wax eloquent of philosophies, shedding ego etc etc, you hold on to your egos fast as if it is your prized possession. Barring a few, Egoism, Egotism, Pride, Arrogance, Conceit, Frowardness, Snobbishness, Superiority Complex, haughtiness, vainglory, vanity are your virtues and values that you cherish and relish. For generations these vices were passed on through the genes and ingrained in the DNA of Brahmins. Being ignorant of the fact that these vices were the root cause of brahmins’ fall from grace and glory, that these were the factors that destroyed the entire community, Brahmins continue to bask in them. This is modern day Brahminism. Whatever the word Brahmin meant in ancient times, in the present times it is just a family name.

If USA is what it is now, it is not because of the Bill Gates’s, the IBMs or the HPs et al. USA was marching towards doom, being worse than Sodom and Gomorrah. Read about the Azuza street revival, by google searching it.

“LET HIM WHO HAS EARS, HEAR”

Happy to see that Sri Brahma Rishi is in good company ( both meanings of the word) ,but does it need to be flaunted in such language? The general tone in Brahma Rishi's post can be edited and toned down by himself.It will be more palatablethen and will get approval from generally moderate members.

It is a request.

Greetings

Classic example of a modern day Brahmin. Swift to misinterpret and criticize, slow to sense and understand.

Classic example of a modern day Brahmin. Swift to misinterpret and criticize, slow to sense and understand.

Brahma,

actually you should thank surya providing you with feedback.

i do not think it is fair for you to pick on his caste in whatever failings you find. doing so, does not behoove well of yourself, and speaks more ill of you than surya.

let us examine surya's comments in the light of this and other postings. it may be true in your eyes all that you say about the brahmins (i suppose you meant TBs).

but have you not noticed, that when one finger is pointed at someone, three others are pointed back at yourself. that alone should give you some room for further thought.

what do you expect of this forum towards you? this is a brahmin oriented forum, and as you see from the various topics, we are as varied as the flowers on this earth.

we are as human as yourself, i hope, with just as much warts as normal humans have. when someone here has pretensions to greatness, have you not noticed that there are enough voices raised to bring this person down to ground levels?

the issues facing TB in the 21st century is probably the same as whatever is facing your community. you have found solace, it appears in religion. so be it. if it works for you, it is good.

but normal decency and manners should prevail, is not? to come here as a guest, and use provocative words against TBs traditions, religion and culture, again reflects badly on you and your faith, than us. i think so.

i would be more than happy to have a sakkili for lunch, than some members here, including yourself. my terms for developing friendship is based on mutual respect and regard.

respect has to be earned. these are not entitlements.

going through your several posts, i must conclude that you have not conducted yourself in a manner appropriate with the norms and decorums of this forum. or any other forum for that matter.

with this track record, to expect respect and reciprocity of விருந்தோம்பல் is, i think, much akin to the camel expecting to pass through the proverbial hole in the needle.

thank you.

Sri Brahma Rishi,

Your intentions are clear. You are not coming here to foster friendship but preach hatred.

This forum is meant for a particular sect. But the forum doesn't preach hatred.

We are not fanatic Hindus. We don't approve of demolishing a mosque or church.

Divisive agenda is the politicians job. We have nothing to do with politics.

We are not talking pride of ourselves. But what is wrong doing Sandhyavandhanam and/or any other ritual. Why do you object?

The constitution of India and several other countries permit people to follow their faith, rituals and customs.

Except few religious fanatic countries in the world, most of the countries are secular.

If you are really series about religious fanaticism, go and preach your views in a religious fanatic country.

Simply because this forum permits people belonging to other communities and faith, you cannot criticise our epics.

Every religion has some gospel, literature etc. Bible says `world is flat'. Please go to a Christian forum and tell them that what they believe is wrong.

Can you go to a fanatic Islamic country and request them to give up their practices.

If you want to talk against our community, please go and talk freely in a public meeting. If you want to write against our community, please go and write against us in magazines. There are several forums available to you. None of us are going to stop you.

This forum is meant for a particular sect. This forum is not a true representative of the community also. There are several divergent faiths within this community itself. We will discuss among ourselves and we don't require any external guide.

You please go and preach your views in the forums which accepts your views. Please leave us free.

All the best

Last edited:
Simply because this forum permits people belonging to other communities and faith, you cannot criticise our epics.

Dear Shri RVR, IMHO, we need to answer the questions BR has raised, whatever may be his intentions. My request to the moderators is not to throw him out or edit his posts unless clearly obscene or offensive language is used.

I am a little busy right now, I will post my response to BR later this afternoon.

Thank you!

Sri Gurubhyo namah

Sri Ramajayam

“Vedo Nityam Adhiyatam” …… Othamal oru naalum irrukavendam” ….

Study the Vedas every day.

We broadly agree that Vedãs are the basis of the Sanathana Dharma….

We have abundant, clear explanations from our elders, tapasvis’ and great pundits on relevance and importance of Vedic studies by Brahmins. We have also great reverence to “Periyava”….

But when it comes to Veda Adhyayanam we can only hear the following comments. The comments can be classified as
1. Myth, 2. Social condition (stigma), 3. Practical difficulties.

Myth:
  • It is good….Very good … but it is not meant for me…Veda Adhyayanam is not for my son or grandson (Read - applicable only others…!) ….
  • Those were olden days ….. In fact my great great grandfather was a ganapati/ somayaji etc, etc!!
  • Veda Adhyayanam is very, very tough
  • No use.. Veda Adhyayanam is only learning by heart of verses …. No practical use; Nobody knows the meaning….
  • Tough living conditions in patashala…. It is rigorous, in-humane
  • Vedam is lost and hence no scope / Veda Adhyayanam has no set grades or standards.
  • No body is keen on these issues and we don’t have help.

Social Condition (Stigma):
  • No, it won’t suit us… (Don’t ask me why…)
  • Not definitely for our social and cultural background…..
  • We have no Adhyayis in our family in the recent generations …so why should I attempt this now? We shall be aliens in our family circle.
  • Why should we learn Vedam at all? We don’t want our boy to be a Shastrigal!!
  • How can we change the society? ….We ought to live the way it does…We cannot get back to the old-age!!
  • Resistance to life-style, dressing and eating habits
  • Why make your life stressful?

Practical difficulties:
  • Where/What is the scope???….
  • What shall be the future career? Purohityam is not the career that we are interested
  • How to make a respectable living?
  • Is it a proven path? Can you prove it?
Only owing to our Periyava’s efforts and tapas we see even now few Veda Adhyayis among our community. It goes to show that the practicing the ‘Preach’ is difficult.
Most Brahmin families refrain from Veda Adhyayanam only because the only career option after Veda Adhyayanam is Vaideekam (read Purohityam),.

It is now required that:

• We need the will to think dispassionately and think big!!

• Break the Myth on the negative aspects of Veda Adhyayanam and bring people around on the importance and sanctity of Adhyayanam.
  • We need to indulge, implement and create right social conditions so that the stigma associated with adhyayam is eroded and positive feeling are generated about Vedam and Vaideeka way of living.
  • There are successful people who have done Veda Adhyayanam as a child and are engaged subsequently as Doctors, Engineers, Chartered Accountants, Lawyers, Clerks, Teachers, Lecturers/Professors, Businessmen, Upannyasakar (Discourse specialists), Management consultants etc etc . (Most such persons have been able to lead a vaideeka lifestyle too!!) Though this unique population is small, it is a sizeable ratio of the people who undertake Veda Adhyayanam. Moreover, this unique population have had no formal facilities/guidance and have done all ground work by themselves under odd circumstances. If formal facilities/guidance were available, most Adhyayis can do wonders and many more new career avenues without compromising Vaideeka lifestyle can be discovered. We need to make it possible that Veda Adhyayanam is taken as choice as sva-dharmam not as hopeless last resort alternative.
  • We need to take pride in our ancestry, have the will to abide by the Brahmna Dharmam and will to take some efforts towards upholding it.
  • With all this in mind “Samhita” plans to create the infrastructure and social conditions to make Veda Adhyayanam a natural option in Brahmin families.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Brahma Rishi wrote:-
“People who live in Glass houses must not throw stones at others.”

I agree with this. That is exactly what you are doing, when you said
“In the perception of a so-called hindu, if the hero of an epic flirts around with gopika sthris, it is spiritual, it is holy. Whoever criticizes that, is a sinner, is spiritually immature. The hero can suggest ideas to eliminate enemies by unfair means.”

Every single nun takes a vow to become the bride of Jesus Christ. You go and figure out.

Dear all,

What does anyone gain by finding manmade loopholes in various religions and have vadam and prativadam on technical grounds?
Its not really nice to read about Krishna,Rama and Jesus being ridiculed here.

You can't light up your home by blowing another's flame
Cos' the flame in you and me is one and the same.

Please remember Ekam Sat Viprah Bahuda Vadanti.

Last edited:
Brahma Rishi wrote:-

Someone in this thread mentioned, Hinduism promotes Love of God. Would you invite home a so-called sakkili for lunch or dinner and share the dining table with him? Do you have the guts to face the reproaches, the afflictions and tribulations from your community?”

I wrote that. Inviting Sakkili for dinner? Ha, ha. Ha! It was done 40 years back in my own house. Actually it was quite common in my home in those years. That Sakkili’s sons studied very well. The youngest son liked me so much, He would hug me every time he met me, right in the street. I liked him too, so I would be ready with open arms to receive his hug. Hindu community is not like your community. Individual actions are not controlled by any central authority. I never had any reproaches. When I visited last time, I found my brother is much more receptive to every one than I was. When my house was renovated in 1970s, it was a dalit who entered the house first with all the pooja and ceremonies conducted by our vadhiyar (the vadhiyar was not too pleased though! When the vadhiyar said the first person to enter should have sincere interest for the betterment of the household, to everybody's surprise and to my amusement, my grandmother instructed 'ponnan' a dalit to enter the house!)
I am sure, I am not the only one person with such broad outlook towards others in this forum.

You said:-
“People who live in Glass houses must not throw stones at others.”

Exactly my views too. Why don’t you find out the differences between ‘Nadar Christian’, mudaliar Christian, Brahmin Christian, and a dalit Christian? Don’t tell me they don’t exist. Unlike you, I give references. Here,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dalit_Christian
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caste_system_among_Indian_Christians
Go and clean your yard first. We are always cleaning our yard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back