• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Re: Horoscope matching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Sri Prasad1 Ji,

I am a practicing Vedic astrologer as a hobby. I have studued the discipline (yes, it is a discipline) and had studied and predicted over a large sample of horoscopes over the past 52 years of my life. I have formed an opinion based on my direct experience based on this. The discipline works. But it is a very complex discipline. The astrologer needs to balance so many aspects/strengths/weaknesses in the system, based on hierarchy as well as priority, it is very easy for a not very experienced astrologer to feel that he/she knows the discipline and venture in to predictions.

I would not call astrology as 'science'. It is not. But it is a discipline based on axioms, spelled out by some of our ancients and verified with actual data over time.

In my opinion, one should at least understand the discipline and it's logic (yes, it follows it's own inherent logic), before one trashes it.

Just my humble opinion.

Regards,
KRS

You only have to visit other threads in this site to know that faith in Astrology is astounding.

Dear Sri Prasad1 Ji,

I am a practicing Vedic astrologer as a hobby. I have studued the discipline (yes, it is a discipline) and had studied and predicted over a large sample of horoscopes over the past 52 years of my life. I have formed an opinion based on my direct experience based on this. The discipline works. But it is a very complex discipline. The astrologer needs to balance so many aspects/strengths/weaknesses in the system, based on hierarchy as well as priority, it is very easy for a not very experienced astrologer to feel that he/she knows the discipline and venture in to predictions.

I would not call astrology as 'science'. It is not. But it is a discipline based on axioms, spelled out by some of our ancients and verified with actual data over time.

In my opinion, one should at least understand the discipline and it's logic (yes, it follows it's own inherent logic), before one trashes it.

Just my humble opinion.

Regards,
KRS

First of all I did not trash astrology. I do not believe in it, that is my personal opinion.
I do not have any problem with anyone who wants to believe in any science, pseudo-science, or downright suppressions as a hobby. When It impacts me, or the general public at large then only it bothers me. Someone in this site said they wait for auspicious time to submit a proposal, or to even review a contract, that would be intrusion in my belief.

First of all I did not trash astrology. I do not believe in it, that is my personal opinion.
1. I do not have any problem with anyone who wants to believe in any science, pseudo-science, or downright suppressions as a hobby. When It impacts me, or the general public at large then only it bothers me.
2. Someone in this site said they wait for auspicious time to submit a proposal, or to even review a contract, that would be intrusion in my belief.
Dear Prasad Sir,

When you say point no. 1, you should not worry about point no. 2!! Right?
Let people believe what they want to! :peace:

P.S: If anyone tells me NOT to wear my 'lucky' saree for my train journey, I will NOT listen to them! :cool:

I do not have any problem with anyone who wants to believe in any science, pseudo-science, or downright suppressions as a hobby. When It impacts me, or the general public at large then only it bothers me. Someone in this site said they wait for auspicious time to submit a proposal, or to even review a contract, that would be intrusion in my belief.
hi
some body beleive in god.....not everybody does...somebody beleive in astrology....not everybody does....like some body

likes TYNOL...somebody likes ADVIL....somebody likes ALEEVE....but all medicine properties somewhat same....so

it depends on individual.....we can hear from others...but no need to follow others.....

Sir,

I always believe in horoscope. Horoscope consists of grahas / stars. The astrologer only diagnose the horoscope. If you go to a wrong astrologer having only some knowledge (it is like going to a doctor not specialized in their field) then the Horoscope become Horror scope.

One cannot dodge their fate.

I know one astrologer in T'nagar who rejects the horoscopes, when taken for matching, only if they have

less than 50% compatibility! May be, he believes in destiny and hence wants the parents to proceed with
many alliances. Ultimately only only one has to click! :decision:

Dear Prasad Sir,

When you say point no. 1, you should not worry about point no. 2!! Right?
Let people believe what they want to! :peace:

P.S: If anyone tells me NOT to wear my 'lucky' saree for my train journey, I will NOT listen to them! :cool:

In general you are right.
I had to present a business proposal to a person, I had a scheduled meeting with this person. I went to his office on appointed time, he was cordial, but would not look at the contract. He asked me to leave the contract with him, and he promised to discuss about the contract only at an auspicious time. That was waste of my time.

raji,

i have had 'lucky' shirts, that i continued to wear till the collars frayed. much to mrs K's irritation (& 'shame' at being seeing in public with me dressed thus).

so secretly, she dumps it into the garbage...till i find, another 'lucky' shirt ;)

........ I had to present a business proposal to a person, I had a scheduled meeting with this person. I went to his office on appointed time, he was cordial, but would not look at the contract. He asked me to leave the contract with him, and he promised to discuss about the contract only at an auspicious time. That was waste of my time.
Dear Prasad Sir,

Seems, you should do some spy work before meeting a person.
That is, find out whether that person believes in auspicious day and time! :decision:

........ so secretly, she dumps it into the garbage...till i find, another 'lucky' shirt ;)
Soon after going to Vizag, I discarded half a dozen torn shoes, used while playing basket ball games, kept as souvenirs!! :D

P.S: I never played basket ball game! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back