• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Re: Horoscope matching

Status
Not open for further replies.
As usual you are nunipul meyara type, write without thinking, with offensive language to the boot.

What is given in the above post is hindu marriage act. Read points iv and v of the hindu marriage act. Your peek, above or below is irrelevant, if there is one.

What is the sampradayam followed in the fourteenth century. It is obvious that your knowledge or learning does extend to pre-fourteenth century. Of course, with limited capabilities, one can't soar.

Mr. Sarang,
You are very quick to show some "sampradayam" that was followed in 14th century. You try to remain in that century if possible. Sagotram marriage has been discussed in this site so many times. Gotheram has been discussed many times. What population of the worlds 8 billion people know of Gothram? And you think that is important than the happiness of couple? The Tamil custom of marrying cousin (may be maternal), which is considered as incest in North India.

So sometimes it helps to peak out and see the world, and then pronounce your opinion.

Last edited:
this couple did not match their horoscopes :)

.. and are suffering the consequences of it ;) now if they know only that their entire marriage depends on the kulfi...

[video=youtube;nswIUw2y8P4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nswIUw2y8P4[/video]

this couple had an arranged marriage - interview but no questions about kinky sex :)

but they do talk about sex here ;)

[video=youtube;fOzFn-L2XO0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOzFn-L2XO0[/video]

Last edited:
IAstrology s purely based on science and it works only when the astrologer do the profession with sincerity without making SO CALLED CORRECTIONS. It has been so much professionalised as a source of income and as a technique for CROWD PULLING and where things get corrected for convinience .

As usual you are nunipul meyara type, write without thinking, with offensive language to the boot.

What is given in the above post is hindu marriage act. Read points iv and v of the hindu marriage act. Your peek, above or below is irrelevant, if there is one.

What is the sampradayam followed in the fourteenth century. It is obvious that your knowledge or learning does extend to pre-fourteenth century. Of course, with limited capabilities, one can't soar.

In your world "Sampradayam" is etched in stone, I suppose. In my world there is called "constitutional amendments" and Changing practice. That is the difference. Child marriage was sampradayam, it was outlawed. So don't keep repeating your ancient practice as modern way.

First & foremost we ensure that the Gothram of Boy & girl are different. Secondly, Parents get the horoscopes matched from theirSome aspects should not be taken important since above mentioned points are more than sufficient for satisfactory married life.
favourite Astrologers. At times the match expressed by the Boy"s parents are not accepted by the girls side. Many times to avoide the party, they simply say that Jathaga Porutham Illai & it is futile to question the same. I feel that Major aspects like severe Chevvoi Dosham or Kalathra Dosham. Therafter compatability bet ween their Nature without going deep Putrabhagyam is also important these days because girls above 30 may have problem in begetting children as they may cross the age?

Rishikesan

Dear Prasad Sir,

I bumped into this blog just now! Surprised to know that there is a specific varNa of a specific birth rAsi!!

Varna
in Hindu Vedic Astrology:

1) BRAHMIN VARNA : Person whose Birth Rashi is Cancer or Scorpio or Pisces is considered Brahmin

2) KSHATRIYA VARNA : Person whose Birth Rashi is Aries or Leo or Sagittarius is considered Kshatriya

3) VAISHYA VARNA: Person whose Birth Rashi is Taurus or Virgo or Capricorn is considered Vaishya

4) SHUDRA VARNA : Person whose Birth Rashi is Gemini or Libra or Aquarius is considered Shudra

Read more HERE :ranger:

but they do talk about sex here ;)

[video=youtube;fOzFn-L2XO0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOzFn-L2XO0[/video]
hi

i saw the episode...in this video.....one thing sure ....mother in law/to be daughter in law are smokers.....to be son inlaw/

father in law may be occassional drinkers.....its nice KOOTTU KUDUMBAM....LOL

Dear Prasad Sir,

I bumped into this blog just now! Surprised to know that there is a specific varNa of a specific birth rAsi!!

Varna
in Hindu Vedic Astrology:

1) BRAHMIN VARNA : Person whose Birth Rashi is Cancer or Scorpio or Pisces is considered Brahmin

2) KSHATRIYA VARNA : Person whose Birth Rashi is Aries or Leo or Sagittarius is considered Kshatriya

3) VAISHYA VARNA: Person whose Birth Rashi is Taurus or Virgo or Capricorn is considered Vaishya

4) SHUDRA VARNA : Person whose Birth Rashi is Gemini or Libra or Aquarius is considered Shudra

Read more HERE :ranger:

Dear RR ji,

I thought this was fairly well known...cos when horoscope is made the Rashi Varna is also mentioned by some astrologers and the matching goes according to Anuloma rules and Pratiloma is not allowed.

.. I thought this was fairly well known...cos when horoscope is made the Rashi Varna is also mentioned by some astrologers and the matching goes according to Anuloma rules and Pratiloma is not allowed.
I know about GaNa poruththam as one of the ten poruththams of horoscopes.

There are only three divisions: deva, manushya and asura, according to stars!

But not about the Vedic astrology! :)

I know about GaNa poruththam as one of the ten poruththams of horoscopes.

There are only three divisions: deva, manushya and asura, according to stars!

But not about the Vedic astrology! :)

Dear RR ji,

As far as I know some North Indian astrologers tend to mention about Rashi Varna when preparing a Janam Kundali itself.

Since I had my horoscope done loooong back by both a Northie astrolger and a Southie astrologer(just to compare and contrast)....so I got to know about the concept of Rashi Varna.

Dear Renu,

Here is the chart and explanation of Gana poruththam:

Deva GanamManusha GanamRakshasa gana

Aswini

Bharani

Krithigai
Mrigaseersham

Rohini

Ayilyam
Punarpoosam

Thiruvadirai

Magam

Poosam

Pooram

Chithirai

Hastham

Uthiram

Visakam

Swathi

Pooradam

Kettai
Anusham

Uthiradam

Moolam

Thiruvonam

Poorattathi

Avittam

Revathi

UthirattathiSadhayam

Gana Porutham Marriage Compatibility Details:

You can do marriage, if the Nakshatras of both bride and groom comes in Deva Ganam or if both come

in Manusha Ganam. This is the best Gana porutham compatibility. This is called Utthamam.

In next type, if the Nakshatra of bride falls in Deva Ganam and the groom Nakshatra is in Manusha Ganam,

it is good to unite them. This type of marriage compatibility is Madhyamam.

This type is same but vise versa, if the Nakshatra of groom falls in Deva Ganam and the bride Nakshatra

is in Manusha Ganam. It is also Madhyamam.

But, if both bride and groom Nakshatra is in Rakshasa, gana then the porutham is Adhamam.

Suppose accidentally the Rakshasa gana boy and girl get married find the Gana porutham Pariharam.

The compatibility of Rakshasa gana girl with Deva Ganam or Manusha Ganam boy is Madhyamam.

Source: Google search!

Last edited:
Hmm Revathi is mentioned twice in two different ganas no less! while utthirataathi is missing!
Thanks Amala for bringing to my notice. Now corrected!
BTW was the missing star yours? :peep:

Moral: Copy pasting will lead to problems!! ;)

Mr. Kunjuppu has amply explained the status of our people in Canada, by highlighting the practical/actual occurances over a few decades. One major factor as is accepted by all of us is that Brahmin girls are in short supply. Therefore lot of arguments / counter arguments cannot be ignored, since not only parents of girls seem to go by the ultimate wish which includes marriages of other NB in India but various castes/ Religions are also started happening. But the fact remains that majority of the parents of both Boys & girls will not be very happy in such marriages for the simple reason that they cannot be freely mix with one & all , but only do lip-service to their respective alliance parents.
We ultimately start praising the Groom as though he is the best & as though such a Boy could no have been procured ,in our own community?
I have practically observed & vouch safe that the Brahmin ladies will be the first to rebuke the Girl for choosing out side the caste & community & finding that her words are not cared for by her own daughters they ( shamelessly ) ( excuse me if I have used a harsh word ) make a U turn or round about & proceed to proclaim that she got the Best of the world. Alas ,,,---The so--called,her husband , will also be at the receiving end , in all such embarassing situations either will not be in the fore=front or will be seen as a part of decision. He may even be out cast from his own kith/kin. Such deterioration is bound to grow & the youngsters will not regret & move on ---After all for how many more years the parents are going to live Out of sight/ out of mind The newly wedded enjoy the western life, beget child of that country & become citizens, However, most parents do visit their daughters in U,S, till they become unfit for travel & by the time the grand children,grow-up & with no chances of visiting either by parents or by the daughters/ grand children & slowly forget the roots. A new generation of Indian American Families would come to be reckoned as such be U.S Asian & may even fetch an AWARD for the Mix- Marriage ?

A.Srinivasan

Mr. Srinivasan,

Your assumptions are wrong. Take it from a person who has lived it. It depends on the individuals.

K. Kumar

I am glad to note that many believe as I do that horoscope matching is all humbug. I know of many cases where the horoscopes matched perfectly, and the marriages ended in divorce, or else there was constant bickering and disharmony between the partners. But let's not blame astrologers - we have only ourselves to blame!
I am glad to note that nowadays young people have much more say in their marriage- even if it is an arranged one- and mainly feel that matching horoscopes is outdated. My apologies to all those who are astrologically inclined. But surely, working hard at a marriage, and marrying a person who you like or whose tastes are compatible with yours are far more important criteria than matching horoscopes.
I only hope this practice dies out- but then, I'm fooling myself, as I see that this is not just continuing but thriving!

I am glad to note that many believe as I do that horoscope matching is all humbug. I know of many cases where the horoscopes matched perfectly, and the marriages ended in divorce, or else there was constant bickering and disharmony between the partners. But let's not blame astrologers - we have only ourselves to blame!
I am glad to note that nowadays young people have much more say in their marriage- even if it is an arranged one- and mainly feel that matching horoscopes is outdated. My apologies to all those who are astrologically inclined. But surely, working hard at a marriage, and marrying a person who you like or whose tastes are compatible with yours are far more important criteria than matching horoscopes.
I only hope this practice dies out- but then, I'm fooling myself, as I see that this is not just continuing but thriving!

You only have to visit other threads in this site to know that faith in Astrology is astounding.

Mr. Kunjuppu has amply explained the status of our people in Canada, by highlighting the practical/actual occurances over a few decades. One major factor as is accepted by all of us is that Brahmin girls are in short supply. Therefore lot of arguments / counter arguments cannot be ignored, since not only parents of girls seem to go by the ultimate wish which includes marriages of other NB in India but various castes/ Religions are also started happening. But the fact remains that majority of the parents of both Boys & girls will not be very happy in such marriages for the simple reason that they cannot be freely mix with one & all , but only do lip-service to their respective alliance parents.
We ultimately start praising the Groom as though he is the best & as though such a Boy could no have been procured ,in our own community?
I have practically observed & vouch safe that the Brahmin ladies will be the first to rebuke the Girl for choosing out side the caste & community & finding that her words are not cared for by her own daughters they ( shamelessly ) ( excuse me if I have used a harsh word ) make a U turn or round about & proceed to proclaim that she got the Best of the world. Alas ,,,---The so--called,her husband , will also be at the receiving end , in all such embarassing situations either will not be in the fore=front or will be seen as a part of decision. He may even be out cast from his own kith/kin. Such deterioration is bound to grow & the youngsters will not regret & move on ---After all for how many more years the parents are going to live Out of sight/ out of mind The newly wedded enjoy the western life, beget child of that country & become citizens, However, most parents do visit their daughters in U,S, till they become unfit for travel & by the time the grand children,grow-up & with no chances of visiting either by parents or by the daughters/ grand children & slowly forget the roots. A new generation of Indian American Families would come to be reckoned as such be U.S Asian & may even fetch an AWARD for the Mix- Marriage ?

A.Srinivasan

dear srinivasan,

it can be frightening to think of the future based on what we know currently, and fear that the trends will ultimately result in a further decimated community. i have similar fears, though not necessarily of the same classification as yours, but similar.

and then i think, where i am and what i do. would not my great grandfather, be upset at some of the things i do. can he relate to my lifestyle, place where i live and my moral standards, ethical stances, and view of the caste system?

i dont think, even my father could influence me, in some of the key decisions that i made in life. and i expect it to be the same vis a vis, re my children and myself. so what do we do?

we cannot certainly go back to live in the agraharams of tamil nadu or palghat. our community has not had this love of the land strong enough, that wherever we go to seek out our fortunes, we keep one foot in our village, and continue to invest there and further more, retire.

our habit has been, that there has been a permanence to our departure from our native village or town. there are a few, driven by pangs of conscience, at the sight of the dilapidated kudumba deity, gather funds to do a kumbabishekam. but this is a one time affair, and soon after that, every one moves back to their place of choice, whether it be chennai, mumbai, dubai or usa.

maybe the smart thing is not to think too much. let life move, and let us move slide along with the flow. after all, fears build phantoms, which are more frightful than the original fear itself. n'est pas?

keep peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back