• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

My Experiences in a Retirement Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question here...its might sound a bit weird..but with some many new faces in a retirement home..has any husband or wife there left their current spouse for a new inmate?

I am not kidding...people could fall in love anytime.

I wonder if any such cases actually happened? How will that be addressed by the management?

hi

LOVE IN VAANAPRASTHAM....may be some second innings....who knows?

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Naina_Marbus

Que sera, sera
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours to see
Que sera, sera
What will be, will be

LOL!

That means options are open?

Have fun?

But I like to see elderly people fall in love again.

It has a certain Kiccku that young love can not match.

So may be widows and widowers who stay at a retirement home might have a 2nd chance or more to fall in love again.

One of the main problems facing people who would like to shift to a Retirement Community is winding up their present establishment.

Winding up means disposing off their present property. Winding up also means disposing off all unnecessary furniture and equipment. Changing banks and a whole lot of other things. Many people who go to Retirement communities avoid this by retaining their present residence. They take the accommodation in the community on rent or short term lease. They shuttle between the Retirement Community and their residence.

We found that this practice is very common especially in the active retirement communities. Of course then there are people who spend six months in a year with the children abroad. Though the parents do visit the children in India it is for a shorter period. Of course the reasons are obvious.

In a couple of Retirement Communities we found that most of the residents were temporary. This is true of the community we are staying in. The main reason is that most people find it difficult to cut themselves off from their present life.

renu,

there are cruises meant for old folks, usually called the 'fishing fleet'. guess who the fisher(wo)men are ? and who the poor fish are?

apparently it is a very popular subset of cruise vacations. widows in droves, searching for the ever effusive men, as thanks to good medicine the women live upto their 90s and become men-less early in their lives.

One of the main problems facing people who would like to shift to a Retirement Community is winding up their present establishment.

Winding up means disposing off their present property. Winding up also means disposing off all unnecessary furniture and equipment. Changing banks and a whole lot of other things. Many people who go to Retirement communities avoid this by retaining their present residence. They take the accommodation in the community on rent or short term lease. They shuttle between the Retirement Community and their residence.

We found that this practice is very common especially in the active retirement communities. Of course then there are people who spend six months in a year with the children abroad. Though the parents do visit the children in India it is for a shorter period. Of course the reasons are obvious.

In a couple of Retirement Communities we found that most of the residents were temporary. This is true of the community we are staying in. The main reason is that most people find it difficult to cut themselves off from their present life.

dear nacchi,

everyone including my parents faced this reality. ie scaling down and eventually disposing of all their worldly assets - furniture, bed, godrej, vessels, gas stove, fridge and (those days) the phone which was given to relatives, as it took forever to get a phone from P&T.

we start with nothing, then at marriage time accumulate, and keep on accumulating, till at some point, we have to dispose. this is the circle of life, and whether we go to live in a retirement community, or go to live with our children, or simply die, this process has to take place.

btw, i too, intend to come, God Willing, at some future time, spend two three months of Jan to March temporarily in a retirement community in Chennai. for me the literary functions are all in Jan along with the book fair. and there is always something going for my knowledge pursuits. hmmmm let us see ..thank you again sir for volunteering this input. much appreciated.

I have a question here...its might sound a bit weird..but with some many new faces in a retirement home..has any husband or wife there left their current spouse for a new inmate?

I am not kidding...people could fall in love anytime.

I wonder if any such cases actually happened? How will that be addressed by the management?

renu,

here is a similar sounding story for you. this is hong kong chinese. a 82 year old man, 78 year wife, married for 60 years. left the wife for the nurse who took care of him at the hospital for surgery. the nurse, also HK chinese, in her 40s, he changed his will and left her a couple of million dolla.

the poor wife was left out in the streets bereft. the two daughters both in their late 50s ended up looking after their mother. one of them is my colleague.

que sera sera.

dear nacchi,

everyone including my parents faced this reality. ie scaling down and eventually disposing of all their worldly assets - furniture, bed, godrej, vessels, gas stove, fridge and (those days) the phone which was given to relatives, as it took forever to get a phone from P&T.

we start with nothing, then at marriage time accumulate, and keep on accumulating, till at some point, we have to dispose. this is the circle of life, and whether we go to live in a retirement community, or go to live with our children, or simply die, this process has to take place.

btw, i too, intend to come, God Willing, at some future time, spend two three months of Jan to March temporarily in a retirement community in Chennai. for me the literary functions are all in Jan along with the book fair. and there is always something going for my knowledge pursuits. hmmmm let us see ..thank you again sir for volunteering this input. much appreciated.

Moving to A Retirement Community does not mean giving up the pleasures of life. All The residents have refrigerator, Washing machine, Furniture and vessels for cooking. In most of the communities you are allowed to bring your own furniture. We have got a refrigerator, washing Machine and furniture which we brought with us. Have a library full of books, computer with the latest fiber optics Internet connection. Have brought my Car also with us.

We have not reduced the way or style of living. We enjoy the same luxuries.

renu,

here is a similar sounding story for you. this is hong kong chinese. a 82 year old man, 78 year wife, married for 60 years. left the wife for the nurse who took care of him at the hospital for surgery. the nurse, also HK chinese, in her 40s, he changed his will and left her a couple of million dolla.

the poor wife was left out in the streets bereft. the two daughters both in their late 50s ended up looking after their mother. one of them is my colleague.

que sera sera.

Wow! an oriental Anna Nicole Smith scenario.

Tips for young women looking for a rich spouse..do not hang around clubs or bars..look for a rich spouse in the ICU(Intensive Care Unit)!LOL

renu,

there are cruises meant for old folks, usually called the 'fishing fleet'. guess who the fisher(wo)men are ? and who the poor fish are?

apparently it is a very popular subset of cruise vacations. widows in droves, searching for the ever effusive men, as thanks to good medicine the women live upto their 90s and become men-less early in their lives.

Kunjs,

I get it...Marine Cougars!LOL

LOL!

Have fun?

So may be widows and widowers who stay at a retirement home might have a 2nd chance or more to fall in love again.

It is Fun OK More often It is for convenience mutually I can think Of NTR & Lakshmi Parvathy When his children were busy quarelling for his legacy Lakshmi moved in It is convenient for both For NTR for his physical needs (Including Sesual) for her it is financial and politica ambition She thought she would inherit after his death But she failed Nothing went according to her plan!

.......... So may be widows and widowers who stay at a retirement home might have a 2nd chance or more to fall in love again.
Giving new ideas, Renu?
icon3.png

I am glad that you did not suggest exchange
offer to the couples! :juggle:

renu,

que sera sera.
Moral of the story:

Make sure that the appointed nurse is NOT very attractive or very efficient!

Still better.... engage an old male nurse! :)

LOL!

Have fun?

hi renu

a small trial and error method....in the old age physical sex is not MUCH importance...BUT COMPANIONSHIP IS REQUIRED....

so try exchanging each other's partners....how it works?...here caste/religion not a big question...ONLY CARE AND SHARE

IS VERY IMPORTANT....MAY BE HAVE A OLD AGE FUN...i saw a vietnamese movie recently about old age feelings...

both partners are above 70 years old... BUT BOTH ARE STILL ACTIVE....LOL

Last edited:
Dear Friends,

This thread is started by Nachi Sir to share his experiences in the senior resort to which he has moved in last year.

Let us not deviate it to an 'intimate relationship' thread! :nono:

Moral of the story:

Make sure that the appointed nurse is NOT very attractive or very efficient!

Still better.... engage an old male nurse! :)

dear RR ji,

Its nothing to do with the looks of a person....most of the while it always an average looker that become gold diggers. They have a tendency to act over caring and make males fall for them.Once they get the money their true color surface!..But no big deal for these oldies cos by the time the females true colors surface the oldie would be dead!LOL

Last edited:
hi renu

a small trial and error method....in the old age physical sex is not MUCH importance...BUT COMPANIONSHIP IS REQUIRED....

so try exchanging each other's partners....how it works?...here caste/religion not a big question...ONLY CARE AND SHARE

IS VERY IMPORTANT....MAY BE HAVE A OLD AGE FUN...i saw a vietnamese movie recently about old age feelings...

both partners are above 70 years old... BUT BOTH ARE STILL ACTIVE....LOL

Good idea..that is called "intellectual" flirting.

Dear Friends,

This thread is started by Nachi Sir to share his experiences in the senior resort to which he has moved in last year.

Let us not deviate it to an 'intimate relationship' thread! :nono:

Dear RR ji,

We are not deviating..this is just a commercial break waiting for Nachi sir's next episode.

Dear RR ji,

We are not deviating..this is just a commercial break waiting for Nachi sir's next episode.

dear renus, let us leave nacchi to his thread with his focus on the experiences. let us get political and whack each other in raji's thread. some fireworks and excitement eh!!

if my children allow us we prefer to go such a Retirement Home. I think so long we are healthy, the children will be keeping us with them; then Jaya Ramji ki - srinivasan

Moving to A Retirement Community does not mean giving up the pleasures of life. All The residents have refrigerator, Washing machine, Furniture and vessels for cooking. In most of the communities you are allowed to bring your own furniture. We have got a refrigerator, washing Machine and furniture which we brought with us. Have a library full of books, computer with the latest fiber optics Internet connection. Have brought my Car also with us.

We have not reduced the way or style of living. We enjoy the same luxuries.

Nachhi Sir , this sounds great! Having the car is a luxury in Coimbatore! Great going! Enjoy! Eager to see your next installment!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back