• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

My Experiences in a Retirement Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still waiting to enjoy the hospitality of a retirement community suggested by a lady member.

Only a matter of curiousity than actual intent to stay.

I believe in staffing my home with multiple south indian ladies from slum colonies of east delhi to take care my needs. They cook nice kalappadam B,NB dishes which

are mouth watering.They come dressed in excellent sarees both old and new . It would be hard to tell they are from slums .It is far less expensive than any retirement

home.

Dear Sri.நச்சினார்க்கினியன்.
Everybody has sharpened their ears.
On your march; get set and ready.. please
yesmohan

Yesterday was the 42nd Anniversary of our Wedding. We celebrated it by giving Vada/payasam in the canteen. All the residents congratulated us . The management gave us a bouquet of flowers.

It is surprising. We have never celebrated our wedding anniversary. My children are not even aware of it.

Here in the residential community we celebrate our birthdays and wedding anniversaries like we have never done before.
May God bless you and your wife with long, healthy and peaceful life, Sir! :pray2:

....... I believe in staffing my home with multiple south indian ladies from slum colonies of east delhi to take care my needs. They cook nice kalappadam B,NB dishes which

are mouth watering.They come dressed in excellent sarees both old and new . It would be hard to tell they are from slums .It is far less expensive than any retirement home.
For sure, it will be worth watching excellent sarees 'sarak-ing' around, in your home!! :spy:

I am still waiting to enjoy the hospitality of a retirement community suggested by a lady member.

Only a matter of curiousity than actual intent to stay.

I believe in staffing my home with multiple south indian ladies from slum colonies of east delhi to take care my needs. They cook nice kalappadam B,NB dishes which

are mouth watering.They come dressed in excellent sarees both old and new . It would be hard to tell they are from slums .It is far less expensive than any retirement

home.

Krishji,
Like Rajiji said I wish you happiness.
It looks like you know something others do not know. Because retirement homes are coming up in all cities in India. They are being received well.
I have no way of comparing the costs.
Is it possible to get a realistic comparison of Initial cost and running cost of Independent living and Retirement community living on per person basis.
Of course you can not compare the quality of living, and other factors.

prasadji
Independant living has its plus and minus.

It is not economics alone that plays a part.even in terms of cost one pays for labour which is cheap- for about 3000 rs one can get two to take care of all kitchen works

from cleaning vessels to food breakfast to dinner, In addition ,washing of clothes and home cleaning also get covered .Having two of them ensures backup if one does

not turn up, Inputs are only buying provisions,vegetable etc which the domestic helps can get or one can get home delivered. All utility bills are paid online once a

month. One concern may be security for senior citizen staying alone. advantage is one stays integrated with society at large. I have a car with a driver to ensure

mobilty. He is also an odd jobs man for works where women are not suitable.

Flat is self owned -capital appreciation of flats more than compensates for lost rents due to self occupation. the sale value of my flat is more than 50 times its cost of

purchase in 20 plus years .It is likely to escalate further as metro is reaching my doorstep in another few months.

The great advantage is one can furnish the flat with choicest furniture ,TVs,frig,ACs have office room also with PCs ,laptops ,broadband and stay connected with the

whole world.

I have huge market place opposite my flat with bank,ATM ,provision stores ,medical shops.Hospital/doctor is 200 yards away

I have a lake and greenery right in my backyard called sanjay park where now They are planning to build twin towers of 19 stories of residential flats. at one end of it

I would hardly think of alternative mode of living under the circumstances

Dear Krish Sir,

Your maids are :angel: s. You know why I say this? In Sing. Chennai, we have to shell out 1,500 bucks at least, for one SrAddha samaiyal!

My maid demands 2,500 p.m, only for cleaning the floor and vessels. That is the rate prevailing. Of course, almost all the stores have

home delivery option for provisions. Some shops deliver
vegetables at home.

Dear Krish Sir,

Your maids are :angel: s. You know why I say this? In Sing. Chennai, we have to shell out 1,500 bucks at least, for one SrAddha samaiyal!

My maid demands 2,500 p.m, only for cleaning the floor and vessels. That is the rate prevailing. Of course, almost all the stores have

home delivery option for provisions. Some shops deliver
vegetables at home.

My maids are my finds.

I have picked them up when they were in dire straits in slums and did not know cooking.

A lot of effort was made to turn around their lives.

I am for them when they need . That keeps them attached to me.

It is not a pure money based relationship.

They have been with me for years.

They have free run of my place .

I safely go out leaving them home alone to do their work mornings if necessary.

Trust and good working conditions contribute to retention of maids.

chennai maids are used to freebies.so their demands for work is very high

This is not my personel experiance But my friend stays here you can see her in gren saree facing the camera This I picked up from an article in the Link I visited her on her 80 Birthday celeberated 2 years ago It is a sophisticated retreat Nice and beautiful - Place Soundaryam Coimbatore!

Senior camaraderie At Soundaryam and Santhosham Comfort and Retirement Home. Coimbatore's pleasant weather has made it a retirement destination K ANANTHAN

COVAI_PROPERTY_CEN_2358127g.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-.../LI-XmS9k18k/w400-h713-no/WP_20150719_010.jpg

I was in this place on Sunday and spent the night with Auditor Mami. Next morning left for Perundurai about 90 minutes drive from Coimbatore Mami finds it difficult to walk and hence we had a stroll on the Buggy Very nice place to stay when your old provided you can afford this I was a bit emotional when I saw my name at No2 in the list People to be contacted in emergency displayed in her drwing room!!

JJ ji
Keep it up.

Someone thinks she can bank on you in emergency.

In delhi we do not have Buggy but we do have electric share auto which can take you upto 3km for rs 5.

we can get a lot of domestics who are slum dwellers for company.

many times I do not resist the temptation to take them as the alternativse-walking or taking regular autos[they charge 30 rs minimum] is not attractive.

After retirement, anxiety and depression, particularly in the transition period, i.e. adjusting from busy work life to a retired life, is relatively common. People generally do not talk about it. During this odd period of life, one may experience anxiety or depression; for no reason at all. People generally retire at different stages but generally, there is such a thing called retirement because the body has reached a certain level of inefficiency. In order to bring the work down to a lower level simply because if one pushes beyond that, the retirement life may not be tasty.
One can get involved in that community, so as to interact with people and make new friends.
The life changes that come with retirement living can be a challenging one for a few, but one's attitude plays a big role. One has to eat well without any worry so as to be physically strong, while watching the weight and other parameters and remain active.

After retirement, anxiety and depression, particularly in the transition period, i.e. adjusting from busy work life to a retired life, is relatively common. People generally do not talk about it. During this odd period of life, one may experience anxiety or depression; for no reason at all. People generally retire at different stages but generally, there is such a thing called retirement because the body has reached a certain level of inefficiency. In order to bring the work down to a lower level simply because if one pushes beyond that, the retirement life may not be tasty.

Many Public Sector Undertakings depute their employees who are about to retire to training centres, for a week/ fort night and provide them with required training like time management, ideas for safe investments, cultivating hobbies etc.
This will enable them to get guidance for leading a peaceful and happy retired life.

I got discharged from the Hospital yesterday after spending 12 days. I had undergone A double Bye Pass surgery.

http://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/coronary-artery-bypass-surgery-for-coronary-artery-disease

Last month on 27th I completed one year of MY DEATH. I was revived by my wife. they did an Angioplasty and pit a Stent in my heart.

To Be Continured

We all wish you a very long and *healthy* life !
Glad that you are out of a very serious surgery.

Best,

I got discharged from the Hospital yesterday after spending 12 days. I had undergone A double Bye Pass surgery.

http://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/coronary-artery-bypass-surgery-for-coronary-artery-disease

Last month on 27th I completed one year of MY DEATH. I was revived by my wife. they did an Angioplasty and pit a Stent in my heart.

To Be Continured
Respected Sir,
In my morning prayer to day, I prayed to God almighty that a long peaceful healthy life to be bestowed upon you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back