• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

My experiences with Telephone dept

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always landed into difficulties paying MTNL /BSNL bills.

Thats a generous department whose employees are not interested in collecting the overdue bills.

In chennai , I had a land phone with internet.

When I vacated , I surrender the instrument and other items.However , BSNL said it would not accept payment for last bill on basis of meter reading which I

offered to pay . They said I have to wait for next month when it is billed. Though I said I am leaving the town for good , they refused to listen.

Latest in delhi, My online system showed oracle error when I tried paying online.

When I went to nearest office , they said they will take only cheque which I could drop if I like in the box.

When I said I will pay cash, they said go to another office 4 Km away.

IN my enthusiasm to pay when I went to the cash counter there , they said their internet is down and they were unable to log in and hence cannot accept cash.

They said it is a daily occurrence and they cannot accept money just like that.

Each of these offices has three employees who sit all day with nothing much to do.

I returned home burning a litre of petrol and wasting more than one hour.

MTNL has the worst designed website for payment.

Everytime I try logging in I dread to pay online.

First It is very slow .The sequence is so complicated that it takes a lot of time to pay.

Similarly, If I register a complaint by going to their exchange opposite, they note down bvut do nothing.

But if complain online, then the same person comes immediately as there is more accountability for that.

When instrument gets defective which is very often , they replace it with another defective instrument which is marginally working.

They say ,they have orders to replace instrument only with old instrument ,not brand new one.

Inspite of this for reasons of economics and my love for govt sector I stick to MTNL.

jai ho MTNL

I have always landed into difficulties paying MTNL /BSNL bills.

Thats a generous department whose employees are not interested in collecting the overdue bills.

In chennai , I had a land phone with internet.

When I vacated , I surrender the instrument and other items.However , BSNL said it would not accept payment for last bill on basis of meter reading which I

offered to pay . They said I have to wait for next month when it is billed. Though I said I am leaving the town for good , they refused to listen.

Latest in delhi, My online system showed oracle error when I tried paying online.

When I went to nearest office , they said they will take only cheque which I could drop if I like in the box.

When I said I will pay cash, they said go to another office 4 Km away.

IN my enthusiasm to pay when I went to the cash counter there , they said their internet is down and they were unable to log in and hence cannot accept cash.

They said it is a daily occurrence and they cannot accept money just like that.

Each of these offices has three employees who sit all day with nothing much to do.

I returned home burning a litre of petrol and wasting more than one hour.

MTNL has the worst designed website for payment.

Everytime I try logging in I dread to pay online.

First It is very slow .The sequence is so complicated that it takes a lot of time to pay.

Similarly, If I register a complaint by going to their exchange opposite, they note down bvut do nothing.

But if complain online, then the same person comes immediately as there is more accountability for that.

When instrument gets defective which is very often , they replace it with another defective instrument which is marginally working.

They say ,they have orders to replace instrument only with old instrument ,not brand new one.

Inspite of this for reasons of economics and my love for govt sector I stick to MTNL.

jai ho MTNL
hi

my father in law retired from MTNL in delhi after more than 40 yrs....he was in delhi telephones and moved to MTNL....he never

had landline in his home....while in service...so i know very well inside abt MTNL...

My close relative was IN TNEB.in chennai.

He once told me the sacrifices he had done for his children.May his soul rest in peace

He had got them admitted to local college telling the college authorities that he would snap electric connection to college if his kids were not admitted.

He was successful in his admission mission.

He was telling me seriously ' evalukkaga oru tharam light anaichen, avanukkaga innoru tharam lights off'

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back