• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

My Experiences in a Retirement Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had promised friends in this forum that I would post my expeiences in a Retirement Community. Last January I had visited a number of retiremnt communities and chose one. We moved in April, 2014.

My postings here would sound more like a Blog since these would be pesonal experiences. I will post if it is acceptable.

It would indeed be useful to hear your experiences. I am all for it.

hi nachi sir,

pls proceed further...may be helpful for others....i belong to coimbatore too...i may decide later...

Last edited:
helo sir..ialso belong to coimbatore and have an idea of joining a retirement community with my wife at coimbatore.if u could kindly call me at 08903221950 for more deatils i will be grateful.
thank you and wish u all the best
ramakrishnan

I am aleady in such a community at coimbatore. I shall add my comments after reading the experiences of Shri Inian.

saisujay

Dear Krish Sir,

You always oppose the idea of Senior citizen resorts.

So, why do you enter this thread at all? :confused:

While most are curious to know about the first hand experiences of a Member in a retirement community, few who already live in hell always find pleasure by grudging the heaven, the only solace left to them. lol

one interesting news
delhi development authority DDA has decided to build retirement homes - multi storied [9 or 10 storeys] 1 bedroom apartments with all facilities in retirement homes offered by private sector

the proposal is to have more than 500 apartments in one such home to be maintained by DDA. It will be given on rent only at nominal cost to senior citizen .

Appears to be a welcome development for senior citizens.

Also now accent appears to be low cost housing for all .

Many builders like tatas are moving in to tap this market.

most are trying to offer flats at 3000 rs per squre foot in large metros

cost aimed 15- 20 lakhs. a welcome development

one interesting news
delhi development authority DDA has decided to build retirement homes - multi storied [9 or 10 storeys] 1 bedroom apartments with all facilities in retirement homes offered by private sector

the proposal is to have more than 500 apartments in one such home to be maintained by DDA. It will be given on rent only at nominal cost to senior citizen .

Appears to be a welcome development for senior citizens.

Also now accent appears to be low cost housing for all .

Many builders like tatas are moving in to tap this market.

most are trying to offer flats at 3000 rs per squre foot in large metros

cost aimed 15- 20 lakhs. a welcome development

A good post.

Last edited:
Seriously, is this some kind of prayaschitham post?
Naina-marbusji
I am as much of a senior citizen as others.

I accept my age and live accordingly.

if you think it is prayaschitham . so be it ,if that makes you happy.

I had some info on senior citizen homes . I just shared it.

I even tried to go and see one senior resort in coimbotore last summer helped by one of the members of this forum

I even booked a room for couple of days stay.

I could not make the trip due to becoming unwell on the trip .

Shall happily share info when I go to see one.

Since I travel a lot and remain mobile I have more access than most to various places.

regards

Nachi Sir, I am also in for hearing from y about yr experience. pl go ahead - srinivasan

Dear Naina Sir,

I think Krish Sir might have missed to note the deletion of his previous post, with red ink, by the moderator! :)

Last edited:
Retirment Community

Dear Naina Sir,

I think Krish Sir might have missed to note the deletion of his previous post, with red ink, by the moderator! :)

Dear Mr Nachi Sir & other Sr. members, On reading the replies to the Topic, we welcome the proposed experiences of Mr Nachi.

Keeping in view to have first hand experience from our Sr. colleague, who has volunteered to spell out experiences let us heartily welcome . In order to have a healthy , educative knowledge of the Retd life in a HOME, I request Mr Nachi to write in simple & non controvertial manner so that it does really feel that others could have better information, without a bias .
My interest & anxiety, ( many in this forum also may have similar views ) is that the Topic , not be allowed to get deviated by arguments & counter arguments .)
I would like to suggest that after a year of continuation of this important topic, we, should endeavour to meet in Chennai & share views of all & try to prepare a self- contained paper so that it could be useful to all retired men/ women could really be benefitted.
Sincerely,'

Rishikesan ( A.Srinivasan)

probus club chennai has come out with an issue of their magazine compiling a list of retirement

homes in chennai and surroundings.

This issue of magazine was presented to me by the compiler of the list sometimeback.

Along with the list , contact nos and financial details are also available.

since the members of the club are retired officers of central and state govt , their publication

carries articles of interest to middle class retired people many belonging to brahmin community.

rishikesanji knows many of them. he might give useful info on this subject.

probus club chennai has come out with an issue of their magazine compiling a list of retirement

homes in chennai and surroundings.

This issue of magazine was presented to me by the compiler of the list sometimeback.

Along with the list , contact nos and financial details are also available.

since the members of the club are retired officers of central and state govt , their publication

carries articles of interest to middle class retired people many belonging to brahmin community.

rishikesanji knows many of them. he might give useful info on this subject.

You could post a scan of the magazine for information of the members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back