• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Into Eloping mode-- made or spontaneous

Status
Not open for further replies.
What naina garu says is right. Both the eyes see one object.
But to see eye to eye, both eyes should be normal eyes.
If one of them has the eyes of Kumari Muthu ,
seeing eye to eye will impossible,
unless the other person also develops those eyes.

dear sir !
clearly say agree or not agree !
whether you have one,one&half or two you can see only one thing at a time .two eyes can not see different scenery .
guruvayurappan

images
images

With no offense meant or suggested can we see "eye to eye" with these people??

In case of one affected spouse, this could lead to divorce on the single complaint that the other does not see me. If wife has the problem she is believed to bring luck. Of course these can be corrected these days and luck warded off!

Actually eloping saves lots of money too come to think of it.
No dowry,no wedding expenses,no follow up expenses cos most of the while contact is lost too.
So girls won't be seen as a burden and female infanticide will become less.

Guy also doesn't need to earn millions like what girls want these days.
In eloping cases the girl has to make do with whatever the guy earns too.

So there are some benefits of eloping too!!

WHEN lovely woman stoops to folly,
And finds too late that men betray,
What charm can soothe her melancholy,
What art can wash her guilt away?

-- Oliver Goldsmith

Last edited:
dear sir !
clearly say agree or not agree !
whether you have one,one&half or two you can see only one thing at a time .two eyes can not see different scenery .
guruvayurappan
Reminiscent of the followers of Abraham - Either you are us or you are a heathen or infidel. My way or highway! Agree with me or else. Rather than the perspective of 'neti,neti,neti, neti'.

I always used to admire at the way a commoner in India uses commonsense to avoid conflicts or disagreement. Here is an example:

An urbanite asks a petty shopkeeper what fruit he has to sell.

Shopkeeper : valapalam irukku Sir (
வாளபளம் இருக்குங்க)
Urbanite: you mean vazhapazham (
வாழபழம்?)
shopkeeper: yes sir, vayapayam (
ஆமாங்க, வாயபயம் )
Urbanite: adhu peru vazhapazham (
அதுபேரு வாழபழம் )
Shopkeeper: yes sir, you can call it valapalam, or vayapayam, or just as aiyaa says it.

ஆமாங்க அதுபேரு வாளபளம் என்றும் சொல்லலாம்
வாயபயம் என்றும் சொல்லலாம்
அல்லது அய்யா சொல்றா மாதிரியும் சொல்லலாம்

Last edited:
Look this thread is becoming very one-sided. Most people in this forum are way past the age of elopement, so naturally everybody is very negative about it. For balance, we should hear from people of elopeable age!

How dare they post, when they are in hiding?

QUOTE=biswa;142069]Look this thread is becoming very one-sided. Most people in this forum are way past the age of elopement, so naturally everybody is very negative about it. For balance, we should hear from people of elopeable age![/QUOTE]

Look this thread is becoming very one-sided. Most people in this forum are way past the age of elopement, so naturally everybody is very negative about it. For balance, we should hear from people of elopeable age!

Where is the time for them to talk to the fuddy-duddies when all they are thinking about is how to do the eloping? Or having eloped, they are looking for ways to reverse the damage? Your query is more like asking someone burnt by a fire, how he/she feels about the burn! So what is it you want to balance against - good versus evil?

The dictionary says elope means:

1. to run off secretly to be married, usually without the consent or knowledge of one's parents.
2. to leave without permission or notification; escape.

If you really want to marry someone without the approval of parents, these days don't the girls know that they can just walk out , if adult (over > 18 or is it >21? ).

Last edited:

Sri. Biswa, Greetings.

The author of this thread seeks mothods to stop or reduce future elope situations. Such suggestions can be made by anyone; need not be of elopable age. So, I think, this thread is still young. More can be shared.

Cheers!

......... The author of this thread seeks mothods to stop or reduce future elope situations. Such suggestions can be made by anyone; need not be of elopable age. ..........
This post is not addressed to me. Still I wish to answer!
No
icon3.png
appears in my mind, Raghy Sir!! So, let others do the 'thinking'! :decision:

Prevention of Elopement by parents is simple
If they agree with their children and mingle..
Are the children right with their choice bothers parents
Are the parents capable to understand, is what, for the children that matters.

How sensible then the prevention of Elopement can be?
When the son/daughter is in complete agreement with his/her "would be"
How simple then the parents attempts can be successful?
When parents are naturally not cruel and not willing to be dreadful.

Prevention of Elopement by parents is not simple
If they don't agree with their children's selection..
How can it be the easy way for the parents and children?
If parents and children are lacking connection

Prevention of elopement is possible only by the elopees. However congenial the parents are, they have a lurking fear that they would be stopped, by parents, by neighbours, by friends, or by the gods that parents do poojas to! "Stand erect and watch the world go by. And it will". Progressive thinking is good but restraints are meant to help those who want to cross sanity.

There are no body of elopement age here, and they are not going to show up either. When you look at the name of the site you can predict the audience.

The thread may help the parents, that is what you can expect.

So what is it you want to balance against - good versus evil?

I am a bit confused here. Are you saying elopement is good? Or are you saying elopement is evil? Either way, strong words.

I think members may also have a case of sour grapes. Maybe we never got the chance to elope! Maybe it would have been very thrilling! :D

Two prominent cases:
1. Actress lakshmi's daughter ishvarya, ran away and married a muslim after conversion. No support from mother's side. Suffered ill treatment, had to be rescued with great difficulty, got divorce, now with mother.
2. Telugu actor chiranjeevi's daughter ran away with her boy friend and married. Tv Media covered this extensively showing chiranjeevi in bad light. The girl got media and public support. Now she has sought divorce citing violence and ill treatment, and is back to parents.

I am a bit confused here. Are you saying elopement is good? Or are you saying elopement is evil? Either way, strong words.

I think members may also have a case of sour grapes. Maybe we never got the chance to elope! Maybe it would have been very thrilling! :D
You might also say that you never got a chance to get high on heroin – it would have been thrilling too. And you could call anyone telling about the evils of heroin as sour grapes!

Last edited:
Questions to be answered by the prospective elopees!

1. Do you want to end up as
Elopees??? :decision: floppies???

2. Do you think eloping is

Thrilling???:decision: killing???

3. You prefer to have your
Security??? :decision: freedom???

4. Is your relationship

Wired??? :decision: weird???

If they answer honestly all these question

they MAY realize their folly!!!

The shop keeper is to sell the products and
NOT whip up arguments and confrontations.
He is just minding his business alright!

Reminiscent of the followers of Abraham - Either you are us or you are a heathen or infidel. My way or highway! Agree with me or else. Rather than the perspective of 'neti,neti,neti, neti'.

I always used to admire at the way a commoner in India uses commonsense to avoid conflicts or disagreement. Here is an example:

An urbanite asks a petty shopkeeper what fruit he has to sell.

Shopkeeper : valapalam irukku Sir (
வாளபளம் இருக்குங்க)
Urbanite: you mean vazhapazham (
வாழபழம்?)
shopkeeper: yes sir, vayapayam (
ஆமாங்க, வாயபயம் )
Urbanite: adhu peru vazhapazham (
அதுபேரு வாழபழம் )
Shopkeeper: yes sir, you can call it valapalam, or vayapayam, or just as aiyaa says it.

ஆமாங்க அதுபேரு வாளபளம் என்றும் சொல்லலாம்
வாயபயம் என்றும் சொல்லலாம்
அல்லது அய்யா சொல்றா மாதிரியும் சொல்லலாம்

Those kids will be busy in eloping mood and mode.
They will be busy planning out details and chalking out plans.
Why will they waste their precious time in a forum like this???
Why will they announce /disclose their plan to elope???
The pain of the betrayal will be known only
when it happens in the close family circle.
For the others it is just a HOT NEWS. :gossip:

Simple if they REALLY wish to do it!
Assume a weird username and bombard the forum!!!
No one is going to be any wiser! :)

How dare they post, when they are in hiding?

QUOTE=biswa;142069]Look this thread is becoming very one-sided. Most people in this forum are way past the age of elopement, so naturally everybody is very negative about it. For balance, we should hear from people of elopeable age!
[/QUOTE]

WOW!!! I thought that it was your own poem!
I was wonder struck and forgot to click the option 'like'!
I posted it quickly from memory, it was a poem that I came across long long ago, so I at first didn't remember the author's name, andtook time to find out and subsequently edited the post. But it was a terrific poem, so I remembered the lines.

Two prominent cases:
1. Actress lakshmi's daughter ishvarya, ran away and married a muslim after conversion. No support from mother's side. Suffered ill treatment, had to be rescued with great difficulty, got divorce, now with mother.
2. Telugu actor chiranjeevi's daughter ran away with her boy friend and married. Tv Media covered this extensively showing chiranjeevi in bad light. The girl got media and public support. Now she has sought divorce citing violence and ill treatment, and is back to parents.

You forgot Tamil actress Srividya whose marriage to (Malayalam) assistant director George Thomas was opposed by her family. Only she did not have to elope, because she thought she would be supported by George.
To quote from wiki entry: As George wished, she was baptised before the marriage. She wanted to stay as a housewife, but had to return to acting, when George forced her to, citing financial issues. She soon realised that she made a wrong decision in marrying him. Her family life became miserable and the marriage ended in divorce.

Last edited:
Nice thoughts but need more polishing
to reach and match the usual standard or your poems! :clap2:

Prevention of Elopement by parents is simple
If they agree with their children and mingle..
Are the children right with their choice bothers parents
Are the parents capable to understand, is what, for the children that matters.

How sensible then the prevention of Elopement can be?
When the son/daughter is in complete agreement with his/her "would be"
How simple then the parents attempts can be successful?
When parents are naturally not cruel and not willing to be dreadful.

Prevention of Elopement by parents is not simple
If they don't agree with their children's selection..
How can it be the easy way for the parents and children?
If parents and children are lacking connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back