• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Into Eloping mode-- made or spontaneous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Utter bitter truth, yes? How to convey the message without anyone feeling hurt ??
Dear Naina Sir,

Have you heard of this: 'nAyE nAyE nallappA; pEyE pEyE periyappA'?

My aunt's mother in her ripe old age used to tell interesting stories to us! When a discussion came about the difficulty

in getting domestic help, she told us to follow the above said formula. Even if the behaviour of the worker is like 'nAy'
he should be addressed as 'nallappA'; and the 'pEy' as 'periyappA'. :peace:

Regards..........

Dear Naina Sir,

Have you heard of this: 'nAyE nAyE nallappA; pEyE pEyE periyappA'?

My aunt's mother in her ripe old age used to tell interesting stories to us! When a discussion came about the difficulty

in getting domestic help, she told us to follow the above said formula. Even if the behaviour of the worker is like 'nAy'
he should be addressed as 'nallappA'; and the 'pEy' as 'periyappA'. :peace:

Regards..........

Our elders knew better about human psychology! Remember the famous adage "sama, bedha, dhana, dhandam" ?

You might also say that you never got a chance to get high on heroin – it would have been thrilling too. And you could call anyone telling about the evils of heroin as sour grapes!

Wow, now elopement is like heroin? Mind if I ask how you know? Which of these two have you tried?

Wow, now elopement is like heroin? Mind if I ask how you know? Which of these two have you tried?

Sorry Biswa, you were the one asking questions. I didn't. You were the one confused, not me. I go by what the society at large considers normative behaviour. For instance, when I was at school and college, most of my friends considered it chic to smoke 2 and 3 packs of cigarettes. But my elders said that it was harmful, and I accepted that decision, without having to rebel and question the elders as to how they knew that cigarette smoking was harmful. பொறுத்தார் பூமி ஆழ்வார். And I hope you know what the status today is with regard to smoking.

Last edited:
Where is the need to tell a skunk that it is a skunk.
The whole neighborhood would know it without our uttering a syllable.
Yes, only if you could recognise it as a skunk. Just as we may have a wolf in sheep’s clothing, can we not have a skunk conceal smell with perfume from Calvin Klein or Givenchy or Chanel N°5 ( female) Paco Rabanne/Dior Homme (male)?

Last edited:
Where is the need to tell a skunk that it is a skunk.
The whole neighborhood would know it without our uttering a syllable.

When I read the word skunk here I got reminded of this incident in 2006.
When my husband and I went to car show room to see a car we took our son along too(that time my son's age was 6).

The sales person at the showroom a chinese lady was non stop trying to talk to my son and my son was getting annoyed with her questions.

Then she asked him "are you a good boy or a naughty boy?"

To my surprise my son replied "I am a skunky boy"

The lady was "What? you are a skunky boy?"

My son replied"Every day my mum bathes me with skunks and very soon I will be starting to smell like one"

The lady was shocked and stopped trying to talk to him and walked away.

Later I asked my son"why did you say that I bathe you with skunks"

and he said "I wanted her to leave me alone so I chose to speak about skunks so that she will get scared and leave"

So the skunk word does scare people away.!!LOL

When a :nerd: can pose like a :loco:

WHY NOT a skunk like a :hat:???

Am I correct sir??? :rolleyes:

Yes, only if you could recognise it as a skunk. Just as we may have a wolf in sheep’s clothing, can we not have a skunk conceal smell with perfume from Calvin Klein or Givenchy or Chanel N°5 ( female) Paco Rabanne/Dior Homme (male)?

Last edited:
Cartoon Network Nood Era - Skunk Fu Bumpers (2008) - YouTube

When I read the word skunk here I got reminded of this incident in 2006.
When my husband and I went to car show room to see a car we took our son along too(that time my son's age was 6).

The sales person at the showroom a chinese lady was non stop trying to talk to my son and my son was getting annoyed with her questions.

Then she asked him "are you a good boy or a naughty boy?"

To my surprise my son replied "I am a skunky boy"

The lady was "What? you are a skunky boy?"

My son replied"Every day my mum bathes me with skunks and very soon I will be starting to smell like one"

The lady was shocked and stopped trying to talk to him and walked away.

Later I asked my son"why did you say that I bathe you with skunks"

and he said "I wanted her to leave me alone so I chose to speak about skunks so that she will get scared and leave"

So the skunk word does scare people away.!!LOL

54(a). பொறுத்தார் பூமி ஆள்வார்.
54(b). Blessed are the meek; for they shall inherit the earth.

Sorry Biswa, you were the one asking questions. I didn't. You were the one confused, not me. I go by what the society at large considers normative behaviour. For instance, when I was at school and college, most of my friends considered it chic to smoke 2 and 3 packs of cigarettes. But my elders said that it was harmful, and I accepted that decision, without having to rebel and question the elders as to how they knew that cigarette smoking was harmful. பொறுத்தார் பூமி ஆழ்வார். And I hope you know what the status today is with regard to smoking.

May be One can TRY both eloping and heroin

or in other words both heroine and heroin

and discover which more thrilling??? :rolleyes:

Heroine??? :decision: heroin???

Need a person be bitten by a cobra
to know that cobra venom is deadly???

Once in my college a post graduate student had committed suicide becos his family didn't allow him to marry the girl he loved.(some intercaste love)
Ok he swallowed cyanide(he was a biochemistry master's student).

But before he died..he wrote in his final notes describing every feeling he felt and how cyanide tasted till he could write no more.

One more proof that the world wants to hear
only sweet white lies and not utter bitter truths.

kaariyam aaganum endraal
kazhuthai kaalaiyum pidikkanum.

76(a). காரியம் பெரிதா? வீரியம் பெரிதா?
76(b). Discretion is better than valor.

kaariyam perithaa??? :decision: veeriyam perithaa???

Our elders knew better about human psychology! Remember the famous adage "sama, bedha, dhana, dhandam" ?

I have a different version of the story.
A scientist WANTED to record the experience of consuming cyanide.
After he wrote that he swallowed the cyanide and then there were no more entries.
It seems the action of cyanide on humans in instantaneous. :scared:

Once in my college a post graduate student had committed suicide becos his family didn't allow him to marry the girl he loved.(some intercaste love)
Ok he swallowed cyanide(he was a biochemistry master's student).

But before he died..he wrote in his final notes describing every feeling he felt and how cyanide tasted till he could write no more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back