• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Into Eloping mode-- made or spontaneous

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a different version of the story.
A scientist WANTED to record the experience of consuming cyanide.
After he wrote that he swallowed the cyanide and then there were no more entries.
It seems the action of cyanide on humans in instantaneous. :scared:

Actually the scientist scribbled the word 'sweet' to describe the taste of cyanide before he passed out. He wanted the scientific world to know what the taste of cyanide was.
That was the kind of dedication to science in those days.

How about these days?
Have the interest and inquisitiveness declined??? :bored:
Or are the scientists trying their discoveries
on the others rather than themselves??? :heh:

Actually the scientist scribbled the word 'sweet' to describe the taste of cyanide before he passed out. He wanted the scientific world to know what the taste of cyanide was.
That was the kind of dedication to science in those days.

One more proof that the world wants to hear
only sweet white lies and not utter bitter truths.

I don’t know if you heard about it. In America, if you have appliedfor a job, and you didn’t get selected , you receive a letter from a CEO or Director or President (whatever) of the organization or institution, stating that how extraordinary yourqualifications are, how you would have fitted so nicely with their aims and objectives, except that at this juncture their needs and your qualifications don’t match or overlap, that they would liketo keep your resume in their files should any future requirements arise, bla,bla,bla….. literally making you feel like you are on top of the world,that may be they will call you when the need arises….

How about these days?
Have the interest and inquisitiveness declined??? :bored:
Or are the scientists trying their discoveries
on the others rather than themselves??? :heh:
With practically all the top-rank students, and the creamof every batch wanting to be in computer science and/or MBA programs because ofthe financial rewards, basic sciences do not attract the best talents and andwhoever gets in there are motivated not by an intrinsic fascination forscience, but as a survival mechanism.

Is someone actually doing it here ??? :shocked:

It happens frequently in the society at large, where the reverse is more frequent. When some one poses as a nerd, especially in the research disciplines, you get third rate output. And since one scientist quotes another scientist’s results, you can visualise how the damage can arise.

Getting hold of whatever one can,
rather than going for it since one likes it! :love:

With practically all the top-rank students, and the creamof every batch wanting to be in computer science and/or MBA programs because ofthe financial rewards, basic sciences do not attract the best talents and andwhoever gets in there are motivated not by an intrinsic fascination forscience, but as a survival mechanism.

I did not understand what is " the reverse"!

Why should a nerd get ONLY third rate output?

What is wrong in one scientist quoting the findings of another,

as long as he does not steal the credit of its discovery???:confused:

It happens frequently in the society at large, where the reverse is more frequent. When some one poses as a nerd, especially in the research disciplines, you get third rate output. And since one scientist quotes another scientist’s results, you can visualise how the damage can arise.

I did not understand what is " the reverse"!

Why should a nerd get ONLY third rate output?

What is wrong in one scientist quoting the findings of another,

as long as he does not steal the credit of its discovery???:confused:

Sorry, I need to elaborate further. I will answer later, since I have to sign off now.

Sorry Biswa, you were the one asking questions. I didn't. You were the one confused, not me. I go by what the society at large considers normative behaviour. For instance, when I was at school and college, most of my friends considered it chic to smoke 2 and 3 packs of cigarettes. But my elders said that it was harmful, and I accepted that decision, without having to rebel and question the elders as to how they knew that cigarette smoking was harmful. பொறுத்தார் பூமி ஆழ்வார். And I hope you know what the status today is with regard to smoking.
dear Naina_Marbus!
you are absolutely correct . when we say that some body behave like drunken man ,it does not mean you experience the drinking of alcohol. we just compare him with a drunken man we came across.drink spoil the man who consume ,where as cigarette smoking hurt all
guruvayurappan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back