• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Into Eloping mode-- made or spontaneous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please Go to the Chit chat section towards the end of the list in the opening page.
Please Visit the thread called Meeting in person started by Mr. TVK aka kk46.
YOU will get the answers for all your queries there! :)

What is this invitation about? With my one and half eye, I missed seeing something?

Actually eloping saves lots of money too come to think of it.
No dowry,no wedding expenses,no follow up expenses cos most of the while contact is lost too.
So girls won't be seen as a burden and female infanticide will become less.

Guy also doesn't need to earn millions like what girls want these days.
In eloping cases the girl has to make do with whatever the guy earns too.

So there are some benefits of eloping too!!

hi
what is elope?....odi pogarathu.....a brahmin girl loves a brahmin boy...but both parents are against subsect/economical condition....
they odi poyi kalayanam pannikkiranga....is this is called elope?....plz enlighten me....

Dear Sri.tbs, Greetings.

The marriage need not be inter-caste. I have seen the cases of marriable relatives elope! If parents don't agree, the youngsters join anyway, they may 'run away' from home and get married at registre office or a temple. Sometimes angry parents/relatives cause trouble in the temples too. I have seen notices restricting such marriages in temples, for example at Rathinagiri Murugan temple (between Arcot and Vellore).
Elope marriages have less chance of success due to the lack of elders support and due to the opposition from elders.

Cheers!

immediate benefits, yes. But what about long term gains?

No dowry,no wedding expenses,no follow up expenses cos most of the while contact is lost too.

dear friends !!
most eloping incidence happen in a spurt of moment by unrealistic girls and boys.The eloping can be stopped to some extend if a frank talk is made with girl /boy. we say modesty of woman lies in marrying a man who touched her. it is ok once a marriage is done(in this also in present days divorce act as a remedy ). in the case of a girl molested or raped (it may be with her consent or not ),the same should not be . it is mere accident ,like dog bite. can the girl live with that dog? only the prescribed dose of injection is the solution .how the parent should be tactful is nicely explained in story by sri Jayakanthan (sila nerankalil sila manitharkal )
guruvayurappan

Sri. Guruvayurappan, Greetings.

In that story, ganga was betrayed by her brother and mother. That boy came back to marry her. He made many attempts to obtain forgiveness from her for that harmonal overdrive act; but her elders did not let that happen. When I saw that movie, I did not see that boy as a dog. That story is a bit complicated with a dose of 'stokholme syndrrome'.

Cheers!

That boy has left the forum BUT NOT his determination to create awareness in Kerala.

Recently there was a two day long conference arranged as a joint venture by several welfare organizations from morning to night in Palghat.

Naashta, coffee, tea, lunch and supper were included for the entire gathering.

We just talk, others talk and also act.

Sowbagyavathy VR, Greetings.

Who are the 'we' here? Who are the 'others' here, please?

Cheers!

The pundit would show Arundathi from inside the kalyana mandapam,
during the bright day time and the couple would be forewarned
NOT to cross question the pundit for any reason whatsoever. :rolleyes:

Then how do the elders and orthodox persons expect the youngsters to respect the customs?

Cheers!

Sowbagyavathy VR, Greetings.

Who are the 'we' here? Who are the 'others' here, please?

Cheers!

Dear Mr. Raghy!

Good qustions!

We means those who do ONLY :blabla: and nothing more
(Vaich chollil veerargal.)

Others means those who may disappear from the forum but continue their active services for their cause, without much :blah:
(Seyal veerargal!)

Madam VR: I see 'eye to eye' with you most of the time!! If there is a difference, that may be because I may have only one-and-half eye! ( There, you see, I did not agree with you !)
dear sir !
clearly say agree or not agree !
whether you have one,one&half or two you can see only one thing at a time .two eyes can not see different scenery .
guruvayurappan

This is called in English as Washing one's hand off
and in Tamil as thanni thelichchu vidarathu.

By demanding implicit obedience as we were expected to obey. :)

No wonder less and less people are following those old customs. During my son's wedding, I cautioned the 'vadhyar' well ahead not try such silly things. After initial sarcastic comments, he understood who was the 'yagaman' and complied.

Cheers!

dear renuka ji !
whatever may be the benefits, one major disadvantage is they can not blame their parent for their own fault.
guruvayurappan

Sri. Guruvayurappan, Greetings.

In that story, ganga was betrayed by her brother and mother. That boy came back to marry her. He made many attempts to obtain forgiveness from her for that harmonal overdrive act; but her elders did not let that happen. When I saw that movie, I did not see that boy as a dog. That story is a bit complicated with a dose of 'stokholme syndrrome'.

Cheers!
dear raghy sir !
i have not said that story hero as dog . that hero was repenting and wants to do prayachittam. i was comparing the road side romeo who treat love as time passing as dogs which urinate where space is available after simply smelling that spot in sila nerankalil sila manitharkal ,the hero is
more human than the so called affectionate old uncle. we can believe a young boy rather than a old man who is ruchi kanda poonai
guruvayurappan

I am still wondering whether the 'seyal veerargaL' could achieve anything at all??

Will the youngsters change by such meetings (with eating at bonus!!)? :angel:

Earlier parents used to caution their wards! :nono:
Now parents have to caution the priests!! :)

No wonder less and less people are following those old customs. During my son's wedding, I cautioned the 'vadhyar' well ahead not try such silly things. After initial sarcastic comments, he understood who was the 'yagaman' and complied.

Cheers!

While raazi = raasi
kaazi is not = kaasi.
Kaazi is the Urudu word for a judge.
So when the husband and wife become razi (raasi)
there is no need for a divorce/ separation /judge.

dear sir !
by repeatedly telling kaasi ,so many become raasi.it is a magical word to pacify the angered wife.
guruvayurappan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back