• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Into Eloping mode-- made or spontaneous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another poem inspired by the elopement!

129. THE STUNNER.

Some thought her a stunner!

For others she was a punner!

She loved a poor humble gunner,

Who later became a gun-runner!

She well deserved a Governor,

But she settled for this gunner;

She also became the forerunner

When she became a roadrunner.

Hello RAGHY Sir,gud morning , she did not had any other option,she was been planned to this mode only .its true she lost her,even her parents value between their in -laws. i still remember when i ask for any temple ,slokas she use to say ,they( in-laws) had asked to worship only their way & not to chant ,visit ours.,if so done she will be punished by the almighty.so when i offer prasadam of ganesha charuthy,varalakshmi vartha, she will be moved emotianally. sir I want to share few words with our members, whether a woman is educated/ not ,settled/ not ,with her looks ,back ground is sound / not ,a women must have her own self-respect with her husband, in-laws etc.I insist not for self -prestige with in their members .Another friend of mine (brahmin) she got married a mudillar guy,which was done by her parents.now she cooks all NV,for him. what I insist ,that ,a girl can speak to her parents ,tell her wishes,idea about the guy,future. at the end of the day they are her well-wisher always, when she avoid this situation ,her parents get insulted,ashamed ,and that leads to snap off her relation once for all .

hi
what is elope?....odi pogarathu.....a brahmin girl loves a brahmin boy...but both parents are against subsect/economical condition....
they odi poyi kalayanam pannikkiranga....is this is called elope?....plz enlighten me....

hi
what is elope?....odi pogarathu.....a brahmin girl loves a brahmin boy...but both parents are against subsect/economical condition....
they odi poyi kalayanam pannikkiranga....is this is called elope?....plz enlighten me....
Onga definition sarithaan!!

aanaal, reNdu brahmins engE saar OdippOraanga?
Odarathula oNNuthaane B!! :faint:

hi

Hi TBS,

KalyaNamdhan kattikittu Odi polaama?
illa Odi poyee kalyaNamdhaan kattikalaama?

thaaliyathaan kattikittu pethukalama?
illa pulla kutti pethukittu kattikalama?

[video=youtube_share;fv__30kjwOc]http://youtu.be/fv__30kjwOc[/video]

"கல்யாணம் தான் கட்டி கிட்டு ஓடிப் போலாமா?
ஓடிப் போய் கல்யாணம் தான் கட்டிக்கலாமா??"

"போத்திக்கிட்டு படுத்தா என்ன?
படுத்துகிட்டுப் போத்தினா என்ன??" :rolleyes:

அவன் அவளையும், அவள் அவனையும்
பெருவழியில் ஒரு நல்ல திருநாளில்
விட்டுவிட்டு ஓடாமல் இருந்தால் சரிதான்!

"என்ன மன்னாரு நான் சொல்றது சரிதானே???" :moony:

hi

Photo finish entries??? :photo:
Before I could get my post ready Renu bet me to it!!!

Hi TBS,

KalyaNamdhan kattikittu Odi polaama?
illa Odi poyee kalyaNamdhaan kattikalaama?

thaaliyathaan kattikittu pethukalama?
illa pulla kutti pethukittu kattikalama?

[video=youtube_share;fv__30kjwOc]http://youtu.be/fv__30kjwOc[/video]

The song was banned in Singapore!

I learnt that the lyrics were changed while singing on stage as:

"KalyaaNamthaan kattikittu SOLLIKALAAMAA,
ille SOLLIPUTTE kalyaaNamthan kattikalaamaa,
thaaliyathaan kattikittu SOLLIKALAAMAA,
pala pulla kutti petthu kittu SOLLIKALAAMAA"

The song was banned in Singapore!

I learnt that the lyrics were changed while singing on stage as:

"KalyaaNamthaan kattikittu SOLLIKALAAMAA,
ille SOLLIPUTTE kalyaaNamthan kattikalaamaa,
thaaliyathaan kattikittu SOLLIKALAAMAA,
pala pulla kutti petthu kittu SOLLIKALAAMAA"

Really? Ha Ha Ha..how sad for singaporeans.

Ok here is another song.

thaaliyae theva illa
neethaan en ponjaathi
thaamboolam theva illa
neethaan en seripaathi
uruvOdu piranthathu piranthathu
usurOdu kalanthathu kalanthathu
maanae maanae neethaan neethaane

adi sirukki
neethaan en manasukkuLLe
ada kirukki
neethaan en usurukkuLLe
unna nenachchu
naan nadanthen en oorukkuLLe
enna urukki

thaaliyae theva illa
naanthaan un ponjaathi
thaamboolam theva illa
neethaan en seripaathi
aah aah...

aah aah...

paththu povunu pon eduththu
kangu kuLLa kaaya vechchu
thaali oNNu seiya pOren
maanae maanae
natta nadu neththiyile
raththa nera pottuvechchu
un kai pudichchu oorukkuLLe
pOvaen naanae
adi aaththi
adi aaththi
manasula manasula mayakkam
ithu enna
ithu enna
kanavula kanavula kozhappam
ithu kaathal illa
athukkum maelathaan
ada kirukka
naan unakkaaga pOranthavada
ada kirukka
naan unakkaaga alanjavada
unna nenachchu
aah ooh
aah ooh..

thaaliyae theva illa
neethaan en ponjaathi
thaamboolam theva illa
neethaan en seripaathi
aah aah...

ettu ooru santhaiyila
embathu paer paakkaiyila
unna katti pudichchu kadikkapOren
naanae neenae
hey kutraviyal neethimandra
kooNdukuLLe nikkavechchu
case-u oNNu pOtturuvaen
maane maane
adi aaththi
adi aaththi
enakkippO pidikkithu unna
ithu enna
ithu enna
naan eththana thadava sonnan
ithu kaathal illa
athukkum maelathaan ho..
adi sirukki
nee thaai maaman seethanamae
unna nenachchu
naan muzhusaaga thaeyaNumae
enna urukki
oh ho...

thaaliyae theva illa
naanthaan un ponjaathi
thaamboolam theva illa
neethaan en seripaathi
ah ha ha...

[video=youtube_share;w40k5bAv2I4]http://youtu.be/w40k5bAv2I4[/video]

Is the lyricist your sishyan / yai, Renu?? :lol:

You know when I heard the song the first time I was Wow..how come someone else also thinks like me cos I used to feel that true love does not always need a Thali!!
There is Gandharva marriage too.

The society is NOT going to change. The elopements can't be stopped. One guy from Kerala was very much upset about the

B girls being wooed and taken away by guys from some other religion, in his neighborhood. He was advised to join this forum,

by one of the veterans! There was heated discussions with some more veteran members, who are not in this forum now, but

what was the outcome? That guy got frustrated and left this forum!! :bolt:

Elope: Run away secretly with one's beloved - western way

Gandharva vivaha- the voluntary union of a maiden and her lover, which arises from desire and sexual intercourse for its purpose - indian way

I vote for running away without the knowledge of parents is 'elope'. If they run away with the knowledge of parents, it is amicable/ tearful/ final separation.

hi

Are gandharva vivhas permanent or fickle? Any example from literature!

You know when I heard the song the first time I was Wow..how come someone else also thinks like me cos I used to feel that true love does not always need a Thali!!
There is Gandharva marriage too.

Are gandharva vivhas permanent or fickle? Any example from literature!

It's like an instant wedding but too bad for you cos as a Brahmin you are NOT entitled to a Gandharva Style marriage!!!LOL

BTW the famous Dushyant and Shakuntala marriage was a fine one but it was Durvasa's curse that caused some temporary separation for them.

Register marriages also are a type of Gandharva Marriage where there are no rituals and just sign documents and get married.

Last edited:
There is one huge difference, Renu!!

The ancient gandharva vivaha was known only to the couple.

The registered marriages today has witnesses too! :spy:

There is one huge difference, Renu!!

The ancient gandharva vivaha was known only to the couple.

The registered marriages today has witnesses too! :spy:

Ancient marriages also had witnesses..the moon and the stars!!
That's a standard dialogue isn't it..."O my dear I proclaim my love for you and take you to be my wife witnessed by the moon and stars"

कथमन्यभान्धवकृतास्नेहप्रवृत्तिः kalidasa

'mutual inclination of a youth and maiden without ceremonies and without consulting relatives!'

It's like an instant wedding but too bad for you cos as a Brahmin you are NOT entitled to a Gandharva Style marriage!!!LOL

BTW the famous Dushyant and Shakuntala marriage was a fine one but it was Durvasa's curse that caused some temporary separation for them.

Register marriages also are a type of Gandharva Marriage where there are no rituals and just sign documents and get married.

That's a standard dialogue isn't it..."O my dear I proclaim my love for you and take you to be my wife witnessed by the moon and stars"
And it was believed that the moon and stars will come to support the mistress in distress!! :ballchain:

dear friends !!
most eloping incidence happen in a spurt of moment by unrealistic girls and boys.The eloping can be stopped to some extend if a frank talk is made with girl /boy. we say modesty of woman lies in marrying a man who touched her. it is ok once a marriage is done(in this also in present days divorce act as a remedy ). in the case of a girl molested or raped (it may be with her consent or not ),the same should not be . it is mere accident ,like dog bite. can the girl live with that dog? only the prescribed dose of injection is the solution .how the parent should be tactful is nicely explained in story by sri Jayakanthan (sila nerankalil sila manitharkal )
guruvayurappan

But the"arundhathi seeing padalam"was after sunset. The Brahmin couple will never see because they will be busy. Mia bibi raazi hai tho kaazi ka kya zaroorat hai. Witness be kya kaam ka.

But the"arundhathi seeing padalam"was after sunset. The Brahmin couple will never see because they will be busy. Mia bibi raazi hai tho kaazi ka kya zaroorat hai. Witness be kya kaam ka.

The society is NOT going to change. The elopements can't be stopped. One guy from Kerala was very much upset about the

B girls being wooed and taken away by guys from some other religion, in his neighborhood. He was advised to join this forum,

by one of the veterans! There was heated discussions with some more veteran members, who are not in this forum now, but

what was the outcome? That guy got frustrated and left this forum!! :bolt:

That boy has left the forum BUT NOT his determination to create awareness in Kerala.

Recently there was a two day long conference arranged as a joint venture by several welfare organizations from morning to night in Palghat.

Naashta, coffee, tea, lunch and supper were included for the entire gathering.

We just talk, others talk and also act.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back