• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Interesting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
What your signature tells about you

First Letter as Capital:
Using first letter as capital in the signature indicates that the person is talented and ambitious. These people are very lucky and so talented that they can complete all the complex work in their life very easily. This also makes them very famous, effective and very honored in the society.

Artful: An artful signature indicates that the person has talent for dancing, singing, drawing, writing, acting etc. These people begin making fame and money from their childhood. But their old age becomes very struggling.

Continuous:
Using continuous flow in the signature without lifting the pen, indicates the capability of doing continuous work. When such people start any work, they fully complete it. Keeping the work in pending is not their nature.

Towards Upside:
Making the sign from down to upward, indicates the capability of the person for continued development. They only get their life towards a higher end.

Full Name:
People who use their full name in their signature are quite calm in nature. They are also very rigid on any matter.

Using Pen Forward and Reverse Direction:
Moving the pen in forward and reverse direction while making signature indicates that the person is very unstable in his/her life. They are unable to take any decision in proper way and also change their decision frequently.

Hidden:
People who make their signature by hiding or jumbling the letters are very dangerous. They are very difficult to understand. They normally are very clever, fraudulent and cheaters.

Beautiful Manner:
People who sign using first letter as capital and remaining as small with beautiful and clear writing are very attractive, open hearted, honest, dedicated and laborious. This type of person gets the highest post due to his/her hard working nature.

Unclear:
The unclear and unreadable signature gives indication that the person is very lazy, frustrated, confused and unsatisfied. These people complete their work in hurry and without proper thinking.

Small Size:
The very small size of letters with gaps in between the letters in the signature indicates that the person is very clever, cunning and selfish.

Full Last Name:
The person who uses first name as initial and last name as full with a dot below the signature is said to become very lucky.

Underline:
Using diagonal underline in the signature, particularly two lines gives indication that the person is very honest, dedicated and dutiful.

Separate Letters:
If the letters can be identified separately in the signature then it indicates that the person is very clear minded and has solved life strategies.

Two Dots Below The Sign:
These people are considered to be romantic. They prefer beauty in other people and they themselves try to look beautiful.

[h=1]"Anger never lets you win"[/h] Every time you lose your cool, you lose control and at times the cost could be quite high. So learn to manage your temper.

np_c360_1140_190111.jpg

As a little kid growing up on a sheep farm near Christchurch, New Zealand, Martin was a bright, hardworking boy, prone to losing his temper and getting angry. He would end up saying harsh words to his friends and family without often realising the impact of his angry outbursts.
Intent on mending his son’s ways, Martin’s dad decided on a plan. He gave his son a sack of nails and told him that every time he lost his temper, he must hammer a nail into the wooden fence at the back of their farm. The son agreed. The first day, he hammered 35 nails into the fence. As the days passed, the number of nails hammered into the fence gradually decreased. It was quite a task going all the way to the back of the farm and hammering a nail. Young Martin figured it was easier to just control his temper, and not get angry.
And then, one day, he did not lose his cool at all. A day of no nails! Delighted, he told his father about it. And the father said that for every day that Martin did not lose his temper, he should pull out a nail from the fence. Martin did as told, and some months later, all the nails in the fence had been removed. Martin was pleased. And so was his dad.
The father led young Martin to the back of the farm and pointing to the wooden fence he said “You have done well, my son and I am proud of you. But notice the holes left behind by the nails? They will never go away. The fence will never be the same again. It’s like that with our anger too. When we are angry, we say things that leave a scar. And no amount of apologizing thereafter can ever remove those scars. Remember that!”

It’s a lesson Martin has remembered all his life. And it’s a lesson we would all do well to take to heart too. Keep your cool. Don’t lose your temper. And you will see a significant improvement in your relationships. People will like you more, they will respect you a lot more – and you will find that hardly anybody gets angry with you. If you find yourself losing your cool often, maybe you should set yourself a punishment equivalent to hammering nails on the fence. Like Martin, you too might then find yourself controlling your temper a lot better. Good to remember that you can never really win when you get angry. You always lose -your temper, your cool and a whole lot else besides.

Saying ‘Sorry’ is like using one of those erasers on the top of a pencil. It’s easy to use, it feels like you have erased what was written, but the marks remain on the sheet of paper forever. And in this era of instant messaging and on-the-go e-mails, it becomes even more important to watch your words. If you are upset and want to shoot off an angry e-mail or message, hold it! Draft a mail perhaps – but leave it as a draft. Don’t hit the ‘send’ button whilst you are angry. Tell yourself that you will take a look at it the next morning, and only then send it. Chances are, with a cooler head the next morning, you will realise the folly of sending out the angry email. And it does not matter that you are in the right, or that you think your anger is justified. If you lose your cool, remember, you lose. Period.

Next time you are angry and want to say something, take a deep breath. Pause. And maybe say nothing at all.

Starting today, resolve to keep your cool. Watch what you say. And see the difference!

(Prakash Iyer is MD, Kimberly-Clark Lever and Executive Coach. For more inspiring life lessons, read Mr Iyer's new book The Habit of Winning.)

Turn Your PC into a Musical Instrument

THIS IS WONDERFUL !!!

Click on this link and Transform your keyboard in a musical instrument...instantly . I tried it and it’s fantastic. If you can play the piano - you will be surprised

Very impressive...and it works.

Now you can play the piano, organ, flute or guitar, etc.

You don’t need to buy a musical instrument. Open the link...it’s magic

VIRTUAL KEYBOARD - PIANOhttp://www.bgfl.org/bgfl/custom/resources_ftp/client_ftp/ks2/music/piano/index.htm

A must read..... Very interesting....

Exact Narration by an auto-rickshaw passenger,

Suvendu Roy of Titan Industries
who shares his inspirational encounter with a rickshaw driver in Mumbai:

One Sunday, my wife, kid, and I had to travel to Andheri from Bandra.
When I waved at a passing auto rickshaw, little did I expect that this ride would be any different...

download

I looked in front and there was a small TV.

The driver had put on the Doordarshan channel.

download

My wife and I looked at each other with disbelief and amusement. In front of me was a small first-aid box with cotton, dettol and some medicines.
This was enough for me to realize that I was in a special vehicle.
Then I looked round again, and discovered more - there was a radio, fire extinguisher, wall clock, calendar, and pictures and symbols of all faiths
- from Islam and Christianity to Buddhism, Hinduism and Sikhism.
There were also pictures of the heroes of 26/11- Kamte, Salaskar, Karkare and Unnikrishnan.
I realized that not only my vehicle, but also my driver was special.

I started chatting with him and the initial sense of ridicule and disbelief gradually diminished.
I gathered that he had been driving an auto rickshaw for the past 8-9 years; he had lost his job when his employer's plastic company was shut down.
He had two school-going children, and he drove from 8 in the morning till 10 at night.
No break unless he was unwell. "Sahab, ghar mein baith ke T.V dekh kar kya faida? Do paisa income karega toh future mein kaam aayega."

We realized that we had come across a man who represents Mumbai – the spirit of work, the spirit of travel and the spirit of excelling in life.
I asked him whether he does anything else as I figured that he did not have too much spare time.
He said that he goes to an old age home for women in Andheri once a week or whenever he has some extra income, where he donates tooth brushes, toothpastes, soap, hair oil, and other items of daily use.
He pointed out to a painted message below the meter that read: "25 per cent discount on metered fare for the handicapped.
Free rides for blind passengers up to Rs. 50.

download

My wife and I were struck with awe. The man was a HERO!

A hero who deserves all our respect!!!

Our journey came to an end;

45 minutes of a lesson in humility, selflessness, and of a hero-worshipping Mumbai, my temporary home.

We disembarked, and all I could do was
to pay him a tip that would hardly cover a
free ride for a blind man.

I hope, one day, you too have a chance to meet Mr Sandeep Bachhe in his auto rickshaw: MH-02-Z-8508.

Be a Reason for Million Smiles… But Never be a reason for even a single Grudge… This is MUMBAI MERI JAAN…

Top 5 foods to help you sleep

Whether it’s a one-off occurrence before a big event or a nightly struggle, most of us suffer from insomnia at one time or another. Fortunately, there are many foods that can help you sleep a little easier. To help you relax and catch some Zs, check out our top 5 foods to help you sleep.

Dairy products

If you’re struggling to get a good night’s sleep, foods containing tryptophan should be a first port of call. Tryptophan, an essential amino acid, helps to raise serotonin and melatonin levels in the body, both of which can help induce sleep. While turkey is a famously good source of tryptophan, other (perhaps more bedtime-friendly) sources include dairy products such as yoghurt and milk.
On top of their tryptophan levels, dairy snacks are also a great source of calcium, which helps the brain to use tryptophan to create melatonin. Research has also suggested that a deficiency of calcium in the diet can cause disturbed sleep patterns and a lack of deep (REM) sleep.
Oats

While many of us associate oats with breakfast time, they are also the perfect evening snack. Oats are a good natural source of melatonin, which is often taken as a sleep aid due to its ability to help regulate the body's internal clock. They are also another good source of tryptophan, especially when combined with milk.
Furthermore, oats are rich in both calcium and magnesium; two minerals that have been proven to promote good quality sleep. For a warm, soothing snack before bed, try eating a small bowl of porridge to help you drift off, combined with any of the following toppings to help double its effects.
Bananas

If you suffer from muscle spasms or cramps during the night, it may be that you are deficient in the electrolytes magnesium and potassium, both of which help to relax muscles and keep them functioning properly. Fortunately, bananas are excellent source of both minerals, making them a good bedtime snack, particularly after a heavy exercise session.
As well as being rich in these essential minerals, bananas also contain tryptophan, which can help to promote sleep. Researchers from the University of New England in New South Wales have also found that having a banana before bed can help sufferers of sleep apnea by keeping their throats open and therefore reducing the risk of choking.
Cherries

For those who have trouble sleeping, you may be familiar with over-the-counter melatonin supplements used to treat insomnia. However, while melatonin can help to regulate sleep, it may be unwise to rely on supplements for long-term use. Fortunately, cherries provide a great natural source of melatonin as well as being excellent for overall health.
A research study published in The Journal of Sleep and Sleep Disorders Research has indicated that consuming tart cherries before bed helped participants sleep faster and easier, making fresh cherries or cherry juice a great natural sleep aid.
Flax seeds

Flax seeds are great for increasing levels of sleep-regulating substance serotonin in the body due to their high levels of both tryptophan and omega-3 fatty acids. Furthermore, the omega-3 fatty acids they contain have been proven to help reduce the anxiety, depression and stress which are leading causes of insomnia, and have been shown to be effective against the condition sleep apnea.
Not only that, flax seeds are a good source of magnesium, which is renowned for its ability to reduce stress due to its relaxing effect on the muscles and nervous system. Magnesium has also been shown to help prevent restless leg syndrome and night terrors; both of which can affect sleep.

1x1.gif
b
[h=1]Facebook tracks what you do online even when you're logged out
[/h]

Canberra, Sept 26 (ANI): An Australian technologist has claimed that Facebook can track the web pages you visit, even when you are logged out of the social networking giant.

According to Wollongong-based Nik Cubrilovic, when the user is logged out of Facebook, rather than deleting its tracking cookies, the site merely modifies them, maintaining account information and other unique tokens that can be used to identify its users.
This simply means that any time you visit a web page with a Facebook button or widget, your browser is still sending personally identifiable information back to Facebook.
"Even if you are logged out, Facebook still knows and can track every page you visit," Cubrilovic wrote in a blog post.
"The only solution is to delete every Facebook cookie in your browser, or to use a separate browser for Facebook interactions," he added.
Cubrilovic said he tried to contact Facebook to inform it of his discovery but did not get a reply, the Sydney Morning Herald reports.
He said there were significant risks to the privacy of users, particularly those using public terminals to access Facebook.
"Facebook are front-and-centre in the new privacy debate just as Microsoft were with security issues a decade ago," Cubrilovic said.
"The question is what it will take for Facebook to address privacy issues and to give their users the tools required to manage their privacy and to implement clear policies - not pages and pages of confusing legal documentation, and 'logout' not really meaning 'logout'," he added. (ANI)

Got an interesting email the other day....

1981 & 2005 - Two Interesting Years

Interesting Year 1981

1. Prince Charles got married.

2. Liverpool crowned soccer Champions of Europe

3. Australia lost the Ashes (cricket) tournament.

4. The Pope escaped an assasination attempt.

Interesting Year 2005

1. Prince Charles got married

3. Australia lost the Ashes tournament

4. The Pope died.

Lesson : The next time Charles gets married....Someone should warn the Pope !!!

Cheers,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Last edited:

Got an interesting email the other day....

1981 & 2005 - Two Interesting Years

Interesting Year 1981

1. Prince Charles got married.

3. Australia lost the Ashes (cricket) tournament.

4. The Pope escaped an assasination attempt.

Interesting Year 2005

1. Prince Charles got married

3. Australia lost the Ashes tournament

4. The Pope died.

Lesson : The next time Charles gets married....Someone should warn the Pope !!!

Cheers,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Great Brahmanyan Sir... Really fantastic... keep posting such wonderful informations.. Thanks and Respects.. Anandi

I hope I am not out of place in this thread with the following:

1. Tamil Nadu is known for its “rationalistic” rhetoric. But politicians did not file their nomination for the upcoming local body elections in Tamil Nadu on “Ashtami” day and on “Prathamai” (the day following Amaavaasya), which are considered “inauspicious” by “traditional minded” people!

2. Everyone is hearing news about financial problems of Greece everyday. Here is some news about Greece: The average house ownership in Greece is 80% as against 70% for the whole of EU. Wonder how many really “own” their homes – free of mortgages?

3. A leading retailer in South Africa has greeted its Hindi and Tamil customers on the occasion of Navarathri and Purattasi respectively. This ad has appeared in the local press today. Hope you are able to see the attached picture showing the ad. Picture.jpg

4. A South African company (largely owned by Anglo) is awarding R500 000 (about US $ 64 000) to all its employees below the position of Manager. This means even a Secretary would get this amount. Isn’t this the place to work?

This one is not interesting information but a “disturbing information”:
According to International Labour Organisation (ILO), 215 million minors were working in the world in 2010. Of this, 115m were in jobs considered as being the worst kind of child labour. This figure includes children employed in illegal and hazardous activities.

'Brahmin Soldier's Heroism in Tipu's Army’

Tipu Sultan was a controversial figure. Some say he was a Patriot and some paint him as a villain. But here is an interesting account from the forgotten history, where a Tamil Brahmin Soldier's, (a Major in Tipu's Army) heroism played pivotal role in stoping the mighty British against Tipu. Please read the same in the following URL:
Tipu Sultan - News & Events

Cheers,

Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

[h=1]Delhi boy's stick for the blind wins award[/h] This Delhi boy has designed a stick for the blind, which has infra-red sensors and can sense obstacles within one feet. More

Shantanu Gangwar, a Class 12 student, was pained to see his blind friends bump into walls, furniture and other objects. So he invented a smart walking stick that gives early warning of an obstacle.

The cheap and easy-to-use stick, which will cost around Rs.800, has bagged him the Council for Scientific and Industrial research (CSIR) Diamond Jubilee Invention Award for School Children 2010.
The award was created by the ministry of science and technology to enhance creativity among children.
A student of Delhi Public School here, Shantanu, 17, has shared the award with Ankit Kumar Mittal, another Class 12 student, from Barnala in Punjab. Ankit has invented a modified zip.
'I used to feel bad seeing visually-impaired students in my school bump into walls and furniture. I thought of developing something that warns them about obstacles,' Shantanu told IANS.
He proposed the idea to his electronics teacher who was all for it. 'It took me six months to develop the stick.
'It has infra-red sensors. The sensors are connected to a motor. When infra-red rays are reflected, the stick starts vibrating, giving warning about obstacles ahead,' said the lean and tall boy who wants to be an engineer.
The equipment can be fitted on conventional stick.
'It can detect an obstacle within one feet. Now I plan to increase the range to 2-3 metres. I have been approached by some companies to market the invention,' he says, with a tinge of pride.
Ankit's invention is equally interesting. He modified zip locks which used in travel bags, kit bags and jackets.
Normally it is difficult to change a defective zip lock. The traditional ones are in one piece. After seeing my father struggle to fix the zip lock of his jacket, I thought of developing a two-piece lock,' Ankit, who want to be a scientist, told IANS.
According to CSIR Director General Sameer Brahmchari, the two inventions were chosen out of 353 proposals received for various categories of prizes to be given away.

The word "mummy" comes from an Arabic word for a black gooey stuff.
Ancient Egyptians would remove the brain, but save the heart during mummification.
Some people used mummies to get better when they were sick.
Egyptian mummies, wrappings, and containers were used as fuel for fires in the early 1900s.
For thousands of years many people made a living by stealing from mummies.

Alwan

Human Brain Is Too Efficient
human-brain.jpg
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are witren, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Alwan

Look at the words in my above post somw words are misspelt.But nobody would have any difficulty in understanding the word correctly.That is how our brain is practiced.
Alwan

Is your lifestyle holding your exercise back?

Modern day living has changed dramatically over the past few years with labor-saving devices and convenience at every turn. However, there is a downside to these benefits because as a result, our levels of activity and exercise have decreased. This has resulted in lower levels of fitness and weight management issues. In other words, there has never been a more important time to get actively involved in health and fitness.
We may all be busy, but with developments in technology our bodies aren’t doing as much work. Does the following sound familiar?

The car is king over exercise
Despite high running costs and congestion; car use and ownership has never been more popular. Shopping centres are increasingly sited ‘out of town’ to cater for close parking and we routinely travel distances in cars that are perfectly walkable. The result is that we are less fit in both our cardiovascular systems (heart and lungs) and general leg strength. Additionally, our calorie burn is reduced, making weight management more difficult.
Increased computer usage over exercise

It would be easy to think that the computer had taken over our lives because computer usage in almost every environment is the norm. Every shop and office utilises the power of the PC and the vast majority of homes now have at least one computer. High levels of computer use are synonymous with low levels of exercise activity because working on a PC is very sedentary. Clearly, the PC is here to stay, so the issue to address is how to combat the effects of long hours at the keyboard with appropriate health and fitness guidelines.
Leisure activities

Similarly to computer usage, leisure activities have altered over the past couple of decades. Television now broadcasts 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and computer games have impacted on both children’s and adult’s activity levels.
Supermarket growth and bad nutrition

Walking to the bakery for a loaf of bread is almost a thing of the past these days. The growth in supermarkets as a one-stop-shop has been immense, as has the trend towards supermarket prepared convenience foods. Typical hectic lifestyles have resulted in home cooking taking a broadside and microwave meals increasing in popularity. Convenience foods are often high calorie, low nutrition versions of regular meals, further adding to health and fitness problems.
Fast food thwarting exercise

In line with the rapid pace of the 21[SUP]st[/SUP] century, fast food outlets have boomed. Unfortunately, the nutritional content of a great many of these fast food products is extremely low, yet also extremely calorific. A typical ‘burger, fries and soft drink’ meal can easily contain more than half of a person’s calorie requirements for one day — in a single meal.

So what can we do to improve our exercise?

Start making small changes to your routine and build up slowly. Small changes to your lifestyle are more likely to be maintained in the long-term, rather than pledging yourself to a huge fitness regime that you don’t stick to after the first few weeks.
Exercise is much like dieting in that way. The fad or fashionable diets may work for a few weeks but the extreme ones are unlikely to be sustainable in the long term. However, if you make small changes to your habits, the good intentions are more likely to be adhered to.
So to ease you in gently, here are our top tips to bring some good new habits into your hectic lifestyle:
We all hate mornings, but try to set your alarm 20 minutes earlier and get in some exercise before work. Why not go for a walk to buy a newspaper? Or just take a brisk walk once around the block.
Have you ever thought of cycling to work? Ditching the car and the frustrating commute will do wonders for your stress and fitness levels — as well as giving you time to prepare mentally for the day ahead.
Make the most of your lunch hours — you can easily squeeze in a 30 minute walk. You don’t even need to get changed, just throw on a pair of training shoes and get walking.
Think about getting involved in a hobby that will get you moving — and we are not just talking about the normal pastimes. How about belly or salsa dancing? Or why not get a few friends together to go paintballing? You will get all of the benefits of an exercise workout without even noticing.
Physical activity need not be boring, when you get home throw on your favourite CD and let loose, really jump around and dance to your heart’s content. As the average song is around 3 to 4 minutes — you will easily start clocking up enough activity to make a difference, and you probably won’t want to stop.
Remember, getting started in health and fitness need not be difficult or daunting. Just a few simple changes to your daily routine like ditching the car, reducing the fast food and increasing your levels of activity will enhance your health and fitness — as well as making you feel a whole lot better. Go on — don’t let your lifestyle hold you back!

Frank and Louie, the two-faced cat ‎

Frank and Louie, a gray feline with two mouths, two noses and three eyes, just turned 12 years old and is the world's oldest, living two-faced cat.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/photos/frank-and-louie-the-two-faced-cat--1317357442-slideshow/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back