• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Interesting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to post some pictures of the modern Calcutta.. feel so nostalgic.. still remember good times in that city.. I used to live in Alipore Estates, opposite Woodlands Nursing home the zoo and the horticultural garden were not too far.. it was one of the flats which used to be only used by the British in those days.. but of course that changed and since my dad was the Director, we were able to procure that lovely flat.. such a beautiful flat including servants quarters.. amazing for those days.. :)

I wanted to post some pictures of the modern Calcutta.. feel so nostalgic.. still remember good times in that city.. I used to live in Alipore Estates, opposite Woodlands Nursing home the zoo and the horticultural garden were not too far.. it was one of the flats which used to be only used by the British in those days.. but of course that changed and since my dad was the Director, we were able to procure that lovely flat.. such a beautiful flat including servants quarters.. amazing for those days.. :)

Thank you Bushu ji for posting wonderful pictures and sharing your affection with Calcutta.. I am really want to see eastern India, we have traveled a lot, covered almost every part of India, but except east India.. tram, Howrah Bridge, Victoria Memorial and the busy Calcutta are my dream spots in the agenda. I really would like to go and see that oldest city one day... Thank to you for motivating and inspiring me about Calcutta. with warm regards.. Anandi

Dear Dr Anandi, I am glad that you liked my post.. a friend of mine sent it to me and since I was busy could not post too many things, but today could not sleep and when I saw his mail again, I thought I should post this.. My next here is going to be Atlantic Highway, I am posting four images at a time, since that is all I am allowed at one time.. hope you will like this. It must be thrilling to travel on that road.. here goes.. on my next post.. :)

ATLANTIC HIGHWAY - FOUR IMAGES AT A TIME.. ENJOY

Subject: Atlantic Highway - The Best Road-trip

(Please let the pics open. Might take some time on a slower connection.
If you can't see the pictures, right click the small Red-Cross and choose Show Picture to view it.)

ATLANTIC HIGHWAY - FOUR IMAGES AT A TIME.. ENJOY

Subject: Atlantic Highway - The Best Road-trip

(Please let the pics open. Might take some time on a slower connection.
If you can't see the pictures, right click the small Red-Cross and choose Show Picture to view it.)

Dear Bushu ji.. the link is not opening... please check it out and I think u have to up load the link once again.. Regards.. Anandi

The Indian Ocean tsunami was caused by the Indian Ocean earthquake, known by the scientific community as the Sumatra-Andaman earthquake.
Thw Sumatra-Andaman earthquake was a great undersea earthquake that occurred at 00:58:53 UTC (07:58:53 local time) December 26, 2004 with an epicentre off the west coast of Sumatra, Indonesia.
The earthquake triggered a series of devastating tsunamis along the coasts of most landmasses bordering the Indian Ocean, killing large numbers of people and inundating coastal communities across South and Southeast Asia, including parts of Indonesia, Sri Lanka, India, and Thailand.
A total of 275,000 people were killed due to the Indian Ocean tsunami.
The magnitude of the earthquake that cause the Asian Tsunami to occur was between 9.1 to 9.3 on the Richter scale.
The total energy released by the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake was estimated early on to be as much as 3.35 exajoules (3.35×1018 joules). This is equivalent to over 930 terawatt hours, 0.8 gigatons of TNT.
This energy was almost equal to the energy used in the United States in 11 days.
The shift of mass and the massive release of energy cause by the earthquake, very slightly altered the Earth's rotation. The exact amount is yet undetermined, but theoretical models suggest the earthquake shortened the length of a day by 2.68 microseconds.
Scientists have found out that the waves of tsunami attained a height of 24m (80 feet).
This disaster is commonly known as the Asian Tsunami.
According to Tad Murty, vice-president of the Tsunami Society, the total energy of the tsunami waves was equivalent to about five megatons of TNT (20 petajoules).
This is more than twice the total explosive energy used during all of World War II (including the two atomic bombs).

Dear Bushu ji.. the link is not opening... please check it out and I think u have to up load the link once again.. Regards.. Anandi

O dear, so sorry to see that.. it was sent in a email to me, perhaps I will try to post one picture to show the path when the sea is in turmoil and another when it is calm.. the road is through the sea.. :)

[h=1]Hell and high water
[/h][h=2]The annual cycle of drought and flood in India routinely makes headlines but it appears that this time the floods have the upper hand. Prolonged and intense monsoon rainfall has led rivers in northern and eastern India to flow above the danger mark, breach banks and overflow into habitation. As the Planning Commission Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia and other influencers debate if the Below Poverty Line cap for daily expenditure must be raised above Rs 32 (Rs 26 in rural India), untamed waters have devastated the livelihoods of about 4 million people in north and east India. In Orissa alone, 2.2 million people have been affected. Over 1,700 rural roads have been damaged and the state government has earmarked Rs 1,210 crore to bring life back to normal while it has asked the Centre for Rs 3,265 crore as compensation. The states of Assam, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal are also struggling to cope as rivers in spate have swept away people, livestock, bridges and homes.[/h]
Hell and high water - Yahoo!

1)Surface temperature of Sun is about 5500 degrees celsius (10,000 degrees Fahrenheit).

2)The largest mountain in solar system is actually a volcano on planet Mars. It is 27 km high as compared to the Mount Everest which is only 8.85 km high.
Alwan

1)Surface temperature of Sun is about 5500 degrees celsius (10,000 degrees Fahrenheit).

2)The largest mountain in solar system is actually a volcano on planet Mars. It is 27 km high as compared to the Mount Everest which is only 8.85 km high.
Alwan

Thank you so much for this wonderful information Alwan Sir.. Respects..Anandi

Dr. Anandi,

I am seeing the images of Atlantic Highway and the reflection photos.. do you see it too.. I was going to past more but not sure if you are seeing it.. please let me know.. :)

Bushu :)

Dr. Anandi,

I am seeing the images of Atlantic Highway and the reflection photos.. do you see it too.. I was going to past more but not sure if you are seeing it.. please let me know.. :)

Bushu :)

Sorry Bushu ji, there is no link in your postings, first you down load the link to your pc if it is in the email, then u again up load it to tb thread, then only I think it will be visible, there is some small problem, I am sorry I am not able to help you.. You try once again, I will wait for the pictures.. take your own time, no problem. You can do it.. Thanks and regards.. Anandi

Thank you so much for this wonderful information Alwan Sir.. Respects..Anandi

Thank you Anandiji,

1. If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days, you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.

(Hardly seems worth it)

Alwan

[h=1]Halley’s Comet – interesting facts September 3, 2011 | In: Space Facts
[/h]
halleys-comet-540x380.jpg

One of the most beautiful sights in the solar system is a comet.
Many comets take thousands of years to go around the Sun, but Halley’s Comet makes the trip around the Sun every 76 years. Furthermore, it is a fairly young comet. We can tell it’s young because it hasn’t burned out by going around the Sun too many times. It still has lots of ice left to evaporate and form the beautiful trail of gas and dust that we see in the sky.

Our Earth orbits the sun at a speed of 66,700 mph. Contrary to a popular myth that earth travels really slow, this is extremely fast movement, only we don't realize it.

Jupiter's moon Europa is completely covered with ice.

Alwan

1)Temperature at core of the Sun is 15.5 million Celsius (28 million degrees Fahrenheit).

2)Did you know Milky Way is constantly moving through space? It covers a distance of 305 kilometers every second and also spins at a speed of 225 kilometers per second
Alwan

[h=1]Stunning photos of the very small
[/h][h=2]The winners of the 2011 Nikon International Small World photography contest were announced Tuesday (Oct. 4), with the winning photograph of a green lacewing larva taken by Igor Siwanowicz of the Max Planck Institute of Neurobiology in Germany. (LiveScience)
[/h]
Very interesting and useful information.. Worth watching....:))

Stunning photos of the very small Photos | Stunning photos of the very small Pictures - Yahoo!

1)The only planet that rotates clockwise is Venus.

2)Moon is moving away from the Earth. Every year it moves 3.8 cm away from Earth and will keep on doing so.

3)Did you know that Earth is also slowing in rotation at .002 seconds per day per century?

1)That great red spot on the surface of Jupiter is actually a hurricane-like storm system. This storm system was first detected way back in the early 17th century. This area is larger than Earth.

2)Some large asteroids have their own moon.

3)Our Earth orbits the sun at a speed of 66,700 mph. Contrary to a popular myth that earth travels really slow, this is extremely fast movement, only we don't realize it.
Alwan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back