• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Interesting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Dr.Anandhi,
I watched the Videos'Incredible India.Really incredible.Thanks.
Alwan

Hello Dr.Anandhi,
I watched the Videos'Incredible India.Really incredible.Thanks.
Alwan

Thank you Sir, my main objective in posting a variety of articles specially on motivation and inspiration is that may be I think this is the need of the hour.... Let us remember the moral of an old children story.. UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL.. Let our Nation always stand united and let us all work together for the benefit of our Nation and People. Thank you so much. With respects.. Anandi

Drinking water at certain time maximizes it's effectiveness on the body:

2 glasses of water after waking up - helps activate internal organs

1 glass of water 30 minutes before a meal - helps digestion
1 glass of water before taking a bath - helps lower blood pressure

1 glass of water before going to bed - avoids stroke or heart attack

Hello HaridasaSiva,
Good Information.Some more Diet Tips pl,
Alwan

The Elephant God......

Happy Ganesh Chaturthi to All.....

Lokmanya Tilak’s Legacy
When freedom fighter Lokmanya Tilak hyped the Ganesha festival into a large-scale celebration to challenge the British and rebel against the caste system, no one imagined it would become so popular. Today, many artists, industries and businesses thrive on this mega event.

Discourses, poetry recitals, play competitions, musical shows and folk dances are held and scholarships to deserving students are given. Free medical and blood donation camps are held. Local community members vie with each other to create the largest and the best Ganesha pandal.

Ganesha Mandals try to create awareness of relevant issues by conveying social messages on swine flu, child labour and global warming, for instance, through plays, stageshows, songs and dances. Websites have also jumped into the fray. Sometimes Ganapati sits on a snake like Vishnu, at other times he holds bow and arrow like Sri Rama or He is shown holding a tanpura like Narada Muni.

In 1950, the Maharashtra government imposed a ban on variation in attires of Ganesha as the more orthodox devotees didn’t like Him being depicted as a political leader, soldier or sportsman. Gradually, however, rules came to be relaxed.

Ganesh Chaturthi is the birthday of the elephant-headed son of Shiva and Parvati. He is worshipped as the god of wisdom, prosperity and good fortune. Special dishes like modak, moti chur laddoo, puran poli, moong dal halwa, kaju katli, karanji, chivda and besan laddoo are offered to the deity on this day.

The ten-day festivities end on Ananta Chaturdashi, the fourteenth day of the waxing moon. On the tenth day coconuts, flowers and sweets are offered amidst shouts of “Ganapathi Bappa Morya, Pudhachya Varshi Laukar ya” — O Lord Ganesha, come again next year! Carrying away misfortunes of devotees, Ganesha leaves for Mount Kailash.

Ganesha Comes First
While there are different accounts of who is foremost amongst Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesh, there are no two opinions about Ganesha being the foremost god. He is remembered first in all prayers by Vaishnavas, Shaivites and Durga devotees. His name occurs right in the beginning of the Rigveda : “Gananam tva ganapatim havamahe...”

There are different versions of the story of his birth. Once Gauri, Shiva’s spouse, created a white Ganesha from the dust on her body and asked him to stand on guard while she bathed. The obedient Ganesha did not permit Shiva to enter and in the ensuing struggle, Ganesha’s head was cut off.

To appease the distraught Gauri, Shiva placed the first head found facing north — that happened to be that of an elephant — on Ganesha. Shiva declared that Ganesha would be worshipped in the beginning of all undertakings as he would remove all obstacles as Vigneshwara. Ekadanta, One-tusked

According to one of the many legends, Ganesha was asked by Veda Vyasa to write down the Mahabharata, and he broke his tusk to use it as a pen. Another story says that on his birthday, Ganesha perched on a mouse with a full stomach, lost balance and fell, and Parvati had to tie up his belly with a snake as belt.

The moon laughed at the sight and an irate Ganesha threw one of his tusks at the moon, cursing it to perennial darkness. The moon pleaded and Ganesha relented, so that the moon waxes and wanes, losing itself over two weeks and then regaining its beauty over the next 15 days, resplendent on Full Moon night.

Cosmos In His Belly
Ganesha has a human body, an elephant’s head and a mouse as vehicle, His caring embrace includes all creatures, great and small. He is the Lord of ganas or groups — groups of elements and groups of senses. Cosmos is the belly of Ganesha. Parvati is primordial energy.

The seven realms above, seven realms below and seven oceans are all inside Ganesha’s belly, held together by the kundalini or cosmic energy symbolised by a snake. Ganesha controls our ego, represented by the mouse. By controlling the ego, one can develop cosmic consciousness.

Charity performance from a 23 years old beautiful girl who lost her leg in a earthquake in sichuan china.a 23 years old beautiful girl who lost her leg in a earthquake in sichuan china.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgwdR214wx4&feature=related

Dr.Anandi,
In our TamilNadu,I have seen some years ago A film stunt man who had lost both Legs Gave a performance in front of The Chief Minister and Others in some film Festival or so.It spoke volumes of courage and hardwork and eager to achive by the man.It was really moral boost for Physically Challanged persons.
Alwan

Dr.Anandi,
In our TamilNadu,I have seen some years ago A film stunt man who had lost both Legs Gave a performance in front of The Chief Minister and Others in some film Festival or so.It spoke volumes of courage and hardwork and eager to achive by the man.It was really moral boost for Physically Challanged persons.
Alwan

Yes Sir, You are absolutely true... The way they have overcome their destiny and the way they are living their lives are amazing. Yes, they will have that pain about their inability to live a normal life like others, but they just ignore that reality and with full spirit and enthusiasm moving ahead. That is the inspiration we as a normal person should adapt and follow.
To your kind information Sir, I do service with a Blind women' Association here in Ahmedabad for the last few years. I go and teach the students of 10th and 12th Grade, as a visiting faculty. The enthusiasm and the chirpiness of the students amaze me. They sing, they dance, they are so live. They don't expect our sympathy; they can do better than a normal human being. Because they have got that positive attitude with them, all the old students are in college now, some students have got married and they are happily leading their life.
Their story is a lesson for me in my life. More than me teach them, they have taught me a good lesson of my life. How I was depressed for small things, now whenever I am upset I just remember them, with such big physical inability they are so happy, why can't I?? If I didn't get anything, if I couldn't complete a work, If someone told me an unpleasant thing?? How I was disappointed, But now, the attitude has changed, I will ask myself SO WHAT??? Just tell myself, this too will pass and move ahead..If they can live a happy life, why can't I with all the physical strengths God has blessed me with???? With respects Anandi

Here is some info on health.

A new study has found that aerobic exercise is the best bet when it comes to losing that dreaded belly fat. Belly or abdominal fat - known in scientific communities as visceral fat and liver fat - is located deep within the abdominal cavity and fills the spaces between internal organs. It’s been associated with increased risk for heart disease, diabetes, and certain kinds of cancer. "When it comes to increased health risks, where fat is deposited in the body is more important than how much fat you have,” said Duke exercise physiologist Cris Slentz, Ph.D., lead author of the study published in the American Journal of Physiology. "Our study sought to identify the most effective form of exercise to get rid of that unhealthy fat,” he added. When Duke University Medical Center researchers conducted a head-to-head comparison of aerobic exercise, resistance training, and a combination of the two, they found aerobic exercise to be the most efficient and most effective way to lose the belly fat that’s most damaging to your health. "Resistance training is great for improving strength and increasing lean body mass,” said Slentz. "But if you are overweight, which two thirds of the population is, and you want to lose belly fat, aerobic exercise is the better choice because it burns more calories,” he added. Aerobic training burned 67 p.c. more calories in the study when compared to resistance training. The study will be published in the American Journal of Physiology Endocrinology and Metabolism.

P.S.: As I write this post, I am looking at my belly, which is starting to grow... I think, after some age, we only have horizontal growth in our body.:lever:

Indians workers among highest sickies..... A survey...

BANGALORE: A survey has found that India is the second worst country where taking sick leaves are concerned.

Conducted across Australia, China, France, United Kingdom, India, Mexico and the United States, the survey found the booming economy of China taking first place at 71 percent, followed by India at 62 percent and then Australia, the Courier Mail reported.
Feeling stressed was the number one reason for sickies, according to the survey by workforce managers Kronos. Almost 40 percent of people surveyed would like to see the introduction of summer Fridays where staff could take either a half-day or full day off during the summer months and make the time up during the rest of the week.
The option of flexible working hours, choice to take unpaid leave if required, and the ability to work from home were the three most desired attributes when it comes to what employers can offer their staff in order to help them manage work/life balance, reduce stress and address the number of sickies taken, Kronos general manager Peter Harte said.
It said a third of people chuck a sickie to take care of a sick child or family member, while 10 percent cited a heavy workload as the motivator. Furthermore, 61 per cent ofworkers felt their employers should introduce flexible working hours in order to reduce the number of sickies that are taken.

Yes Sir, You are absolutely true... The way they have overcome their destiny and the way they are living their lives are amazing. Yes, they will have that pain about their inability to live a normal life like others, but they just ignore that reality and with full spirit and enthusiasm moving ahead. That is the inspiration we as a normal person should adapt and follow.
To your kind information Sir, I do service with a Blind women' Association here in Ahmedabad for the last few years. I go and teach the students of 10th and 12th Grade, as a visiting faculty. The enthusiasm and the chirpiness of the students amaze me. They sing, they dance, they are so live. They don't expect our sympathy; they can do better than a normal human being. Because they have got that positive attitude with them, all the old students are in college now, some students have got married and they are happily leading their life.
Their story is a lesson for me in my life. More than me teach them, they have taught me a good lesson of my life. How I was depressed for small things, now whenever I am upset I just remember them, with such big physical inability they are so happy, why can't I?? If I didn't get anything, if I couldn't complete a work, If someone told me an unpleasant thing?? How I was disappointed, But now, the attitude has changed, I will ask myself SO WHAT??? Just tell myself, this too will pass and move ahead..If they can live a happy life, why can't I with all the physical strengths God has blessed me with???? With respects Anandi
Good to Read Dr.Anandi.These are the motivating points we should remember to recover from our moments of Dipression.
Alwan

Respected Alwan Sir,

You are absolutely right. One should keep on reading such inspirational articles and one should get inspired from such true life incidents to get motivated and to come out of depression and dejection and so called negative attitudes...Kadavul tanda azhaikiya vazhvu...

I like this song very much... and I know you might have heard this song.. If time permits listen one more time Sir.. So inspirational.....
Kadavul Thantha Azhagiya Vazhvu with Lyrics - YouTube

Good to Read Dr.Anandi.These are the motivating points we should remember to recover from our moments of Dipression.
Alwan

Respected Alwan Sir,

You are absolutely right. One should keep on reading such inspirational articles and one should get inspired from such true life incidents to get motivated and to come out of depression and dejection and so called negative attitudes...Kadavul tanda azhaikiya vazhvu...

I like this song very much... and I know you might have heard this song.. If time permits listen one more time Sir.. So inspirational.....
Kadavul Thantha Azhagiya Vazhvu with Lyrics - YouTube

Some more info about tummy:

It is now common knowledge in the medical world excess abdominal fat and the risk for developing Type 2 diabetes go hand-in-hand. In fact, as early as the 1930’s, one particular insurance company reported an overwhelmingly increased death statistic in people generally having problems with their excess body weight, and most especially those who have diabetes-related co-morbidity. This particular study was published in the Journal of Diabetes Science and Technology in July 2009. In fact, it was revealed people who are twenty-five percent above the normal weight limit are eight times more prone to have a diabetes associated death compared to those normal-weight people with the same problem. Among men, an extra all-cause fifty percent mortality rate exists with an abdominal measurement that exceeds their chest girth by two inches (5 cms) or more!

Nowadays, health care professionals strive to make refinements in the guidelines in order to delineate the healthy from the unhealthy abdominal waist measurement:

in women, a waist measurement of more than 35 inches (88.9 cm) is considered dangerous for health, and
in adult males, the abdominal girth should be less than 40 inches (101.6 cm) to be in the safe zone.
Extra abdominal fat associated with excess weight, aside from having an increased risk for insulin resistance and Type 2 diabetes, also increases your tendency to develop other chronic health problems such as:

obstructive sleep apnea, when breathing stops during sleeping, is a condition that is frequently associated with Type 2 diabetes and obesity,
osteoarthritis, the joint problem that affects many obese people.
According to the site Mayoclinic.com, an increase in your abdominal measurement can also increase your risk for other diseases and these include:
heart diseases,
breast cancer,
gallbladder problems,
hypertension, and
colorectal cancer.
Central weight or central obesity… even if you are not obese, occurs when your body stores fat around the organs in your abdomen, as well as in the tissue and below the skin around your waistline. Those additional fat cells are not just another dormant energy source waiting to be burned through physical activity. These cells are hormone-producing active cells that can further complicate your present health problem. Some fat cells secrete hormones and other substances that cause insulin resistance which results in high insulin levels in your bloodstream. Insulin resistance is the cause of Type 2 diabetes. The possibility of insulin resistance should be considered when someone is “apple-shaped”.

After the menopausal period in women, some fat cells also produce estrogen, and this may increase a woman’s risk for breast cancer.

Central weight is the dangerous weight… it is associated with heart attacks, strokes and other results of blood-vessel disease.

Reducing those extra fats around your waistline is not all about having a better appearance. It is one of the best ways to prevent chronic health complications. So, why not start getting rid of your central weight, or belly fat, and see the difference it can make in your life?

Nandan Nilekani's dream - How the National ID card will work....!!!

A lighter side; A Mock Interpretation - How the ID card will work????

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_m_OiO-YEF...essman_Using_His_Cell_Phone_clipart_image.png

Operator : "Thank you for calling Pizza Hut . May I have your..."

Customer: "Heloo, can I order.."

Operator : "Can I have your multi purpose ID card number first, Sir?"

Customer: "It's he..., hold..........on......889861356102049998-45-54610"

Operator : "OK... You're... Mr Singh and you're calling from 17 Jal Vayu.....Your home number is 2x26xxxx, your office 250xxxxx and your mobile is 09xxxxxxxx. Which number are you calling from now Sir?"

Customer: "Home! How did you get all my phone numbers?

Operator : "We are connected to the system Sir"

Customer: "May I order your Seafood Pizza..."

Operator : "That's not a good idea Sir"

Customer: "How come?"

Operator : "According to your medical records, you have high blood pressure and even higher cholesterol level Sir"

Customer: "What?... What do you recommend then?"

Operator : "Try our Low Fat Pizza. You'll like it"

Customer: "How do you know for sure?"

Operator : "You borrowed a book entitled "Popular Dishes" from the National Library last week Sir"

Customer: "OK I give up... Give me three family size ones then, how much will that cost?"

Operator : "That should be enough for your family of 05, Sir. The total is Rs 500.00"

Customer: "Can I pay by! Credit card?"

Operator : "I'm afraid you have to pay us cash, Sir. Your credit card is over the limit and you owe your bank Rs 23,000.75 since October last year. That's not including the late payment charges on your housing loan, Sir.."

Customer: "I guess I have to run to the neighbourhood ATM and withdraw some cash before your guy arrives"

Operator : "You can't Sir. Based on the records, you've reached your daily limit on machine withdrawal today"

Customer: "Never mind just send the pizzas, I'll have the cash ready. How long is it gonna take anyway?"

Operator : "About 45 minutes Sir, but if you can't wait you can always come and collect it on your Nano Car..."

Customer: " What!"

Operator : "According to the details in system, you own a Nano car,...registration number GZ-05-AB-1107.."

Customer: " ?"

Operator : "Is there anything else Sir?"

Customer: "Nothing... By the way... Aren't you giving me that 3 free bottles of cola as advertised?"

Operator : "We normally would Sir, but based on your records you're also diabetic....... "

Customer: #$$^%&$@$%

Operator : "Better watch your language Sir.. Remember on 25th June 2010 you were convicted of using abusive language on a policeman...?"

Customer: [Faints].....!!!

So,What is your opinion about this National ID Card....??? With which... our entire identity is open for public scrutiny. May be we could afford it. (as a normal citizen of India, there is nothing to hide from the society. But what about our honorable politicians...??? Who will become unconscious this time????? There will be a complete black out for the Sales Executive for a moment......Poor Guy...!!!!

Have a nice Sunday!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back