• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Enlightening experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.
My astrologer friend says July August this year will witness great apocalyptic upheavals because Rahu, Ketu and Guru are all moving house together.

Sravna could you do something about this?
Dear Vaagmi Sir,

Rahu and Ketu will always change house together, being diagonally opposite.

So, does it mean that Guru is the MOST powerful catalyst?

Dear Vaagmi Sir,

Dear RRji,

For me astrology is Afrikaans.

I have a healthy disrespect for the umpteen astrologers who keep reeling out threats on all the Tamil channels in TV. When they show their face on the screen, I just switch off. Also as a vaishnavite who respects, reveres and accepts only Srimannarayana as the ultimate reality, I generally do not believe in the threats that are liberally dished out. I follow vedic injunctions. It is my understanding that astrology was used in olden days to determine the time for taking up great Yagas. It was part of the performer fixing his coordinates in time and space and just that. Nothing more. Later it came to occupy a central place for a different reason.

There are a few people among us who, because of their sAdhanA and other similar achievements, are able to move freely in the time dimension back and forth as time is a unidirectional continuum with no beginning or end. It is these people who predict what is likely to happen at a future date. They perhaps take the help of astrology to fix their own coordinates first as the Rishis of earlier days did for performance of yagas.

This is where I stand as far as astrology is concerned. I give minimum importance to kundli matching in marriages too.

So I am not in a position to answer your question as I do not know the answer.

Last edited:
Dear Vaagmi Sir,

Dear RR ji,

Guru(Jupiter) is known as the Cosmic Vacuum Cleaner owing to its size and powerful gravity fields which sucks in asteroids and meteors etc that would otherwise hit earth and other planets.

May be owing to this scientific fact Guru occupies an important place in astrology.

Thanks a lot, Vaagmi Sir and Renu! :)

Guru plays an important role in astrology and unweded guys wait eagerly for a favorable 'Guru peyarchchi'! :)

After some personal experiences and some mulling here is a spiritual law that seems to be true.

Spiritual energy can neither be created nor destroyed. The amount of spiritual energy that a soul expends will return back in the form of good consequences. I call this the law of conservation of spiritual energy.

It is the law of karma stated in a different way. But I am stating it in terms of spiritual energy.

By expending spiritual energy I mean directing one's efforts to worthy and noble causes and doing good in general.

My belief is everyone soul is able to do some good at the beginning. So it has some resident free energy for expending. The rest of its energy is veiled or imprisoned. The energy expended by the soul returns and enlightens it more and it adds to the resident free energy and the soul evolves.

Dear Sravna,

Today my father got very angry with meLOL
He was discussing spirituality and evolution of consciousness with me and as usual..the topic about tamas to rajas and sattva came up and he said a persons mode of worship goes from tamas to rajas to sattva and only then the formless can be understood.

He asked my opinion as when is a person ready for formless worship.

I told him..in Insanity there is formless worship and realization.

That was it!!LOL

He got so angry with me ..then I told him see you still have anger..so why confuse yourself more.

My father is still angry with me.

But dont you think I have a point Sravna..all formless worship..sattva 24/7..realization is seen in insanity?

After some personal experiences and some mulling here is a spiritual law that seems to be true.

Spiritual energy can neither be created nor destroyed. The amount of spiritual energy that a soul expends will return back in the form of good consequences. I call this the law of conservation of spiritual energy.

It is the law of karma stated in a different way. But I am stating it in terms of spiritual energy.

By expending spiritual energy I mean directing one's efforts to worthy and noble causes and doing good in general.

My belief is everyone soul is able to do some good at the beginning. So it has some resident free energy for expending. The rest of its energy is veiled or imprisoned. The energy expended by the soul returns and enlightens it more and it adds to the resident free energy and the soul evolves.

Then what about Resident Evil?

In some ignorance is manifest in a defensive way while in some others in an aggressive way. It is a mix of all and the interplay is what is leads to learning.

Dear Sravna,

Today my father got very angry with meLOL
He was discussing spirituality and evolution of consciousness with me and as usual..the topic about tamas to rajas and sattva came up and he said a persons mode of worship goes from tamas to rajas to sattva and only then the formless can be understood.

He asked my opinion as when is a person ready for formless worship.

I told him..in Insanity there is formless worship and realization.

That was it!!LOL

He got so angry with me ..then I told him see you still have anger..so why confuse yourself more.

My father is still angry with me.

But dont you think I have a point Sravna..all formless worship..sattva 24/7..realization is seen in insanity?
Yes Renuka, yours is a point of view. But when you start seeing the interconnections, insanity begins to make perfect sense.

In some ignorance is manifest in a defensive way while in some others in an aggressive way. It is a mix of all and the interplay is what is leads to learning.

So at the end of the day its only Dumb and Dumber.

Yes Renuka, yours is a point of view. But when you start seeing the interconnections, insanity begins to make perfect sense.

I knew you would see my point of view.

If only my father understood me as well as you..it would be so nice.

I knew you would see my point of view.

If only my father understood me as well as you..it would be so nice.

Think about it Renuka. There is spiritual energy. I can vouch for it and I am not lying or under any delusion. If there is such energy it has to operate under some laws just like physical energy.

Our vedas talk about law of karma and science talks about law of conservation of energy. It is putting the two together for a logical law.

So at the end of the day its only Dumb and Dumber.
No Renuka.

Whatever is acted out of ignorance and the ensuing energy exerted, hits you back with bad consequences at the physical and mental level and uproots ignorance at the level of soul.

The law states the following equivalence:

Veiled spiritual energy = Force exerted back at the physical and mental level + unveiled free spiritual energy

Unless one is self realized one is not expending pure spiritual energy. So there is always a veil in any act.

The general equivalence can be stated as follows

Veiled spiritual energy = good or bad consequences that come back at the physical and mental level + unveiled free spiritual energy

There is a veil in the second term of the RHS too and it is not pure spiritual energy. But it is energy used towards doing good.

Last edited:
Responding to Renuka's question in the G.D. thread:

Renuka,

I said past is an illusion and future is a spiritual reality.

Past, present and future divide the time into three different types of reality. One test for reality is that everyone sees it in the same way. The test for higher reality is , only some are able to see and everyone will eventually be able to see it. The test for illusion is, nobody sees it.

Given that , Present is seen by everyone in the same way it is the normal or mundane reality. But truth of future is seen only by some , so it is a higher reality or spiritual reality and past is not experienced by anyone. So it is an illusion.

To think of it, everything of the physical world eventually becomes an illusion once we enter the spiritual world.

Makes sense?

Elevation of mind is not only about understanding truths but also practising them. It is in the latter that almost all fail. Everything works like magic if one is able to practice in accordance with truths.

Also Folks, What we think as normal action or reaction, in fact is not so in the spiritual outlook and our material outlook actually becomes risible in spiritual reality. I have experienced it.

More about it later.

Last edited:
Responding to Renuka's question in the G.D. thread:

Renuka,

I said past is an illusion and future is a spiritual reality.

Past, present and future divide the time into three different types of reality. One test for reality is that everyone sees it in the same way. The test for higher reality is , only some are able to see and everyone will eventually be able to see it. The test for illusion is, nobody sees it.

Given that , Present is seen by everyone in the same way it is the normal or mundane reality. But truth of future is seen only by some , so it is a higher reality or spiritual reality and past is not experienced by anyone. So it is an illusion.

To think of it, everything of the physical world eventually becomes an illusion once we enter the spiritual world.

Makes sense?

Dear Sravna,

The present is just split seconds actually.
Everything just moves rapidly.

How long does NOW last?

By the time I finish typing this..its already in the past.

For me I prefer to relate time with the human body cos signs of aging is evident.

We can compare parameters of the past and present or should I say Now.

Future is technically only a perception with references made to past evidence.

Even when seeing a patient we take detail past history to get a picture of the present or now.

So that means the PAST is to a great extent the storage of data from time immemorial.

Past karma determines present life.
It all seems that the Past plays a more important role.

To understand even human evolution we need to dig up the past.

The mind goes into reverse gear to find out why we are even existing right from the Big Bang.

So why only the past has answers?

Is the Past actually just History or it is The Timeless State that holds the secret of entire existence and its we humans that have called it the Past becos our mind needs an axis called Time to relate to events.

If one explores deeper into this..it would just seem that everything is a State that never had a begining nor will have an end but just an ever existing state that is being discovered by us humans in a play so well written that the audience are actually in a slumber though awake.

When you put all these togather..the past..present and future surely seems like an illusion.

I will log in later to reply..need to attend a seminar.

Last edited:
Dear Renuka,

The past is never experienced. The present is not split seconds. It is always there. The future is experienced by a select few. The mind need not go to the past for answers. It is done mainly by the analytically minded. Your state of development of the mind tells how far you need the past for answers. Absolute truth is got by instant perception.

Really enlightening experiences at the stock market. One can connect one's understanding of the data and the functioning of the market to something as deep as understanding the way nature works. If one really understands stock market, one understands many profound things.

I am beginning to see some amazing results and I am getting more interested in the math required for understanding of the market.

It seems to me that destiny is not totally irreversible. There are elements of "may or may not happen" in the future and it seems to be a great design. Something may exist in the future with 80% probability of happening and we can work on even that 20% sincerely to make it not happen.

I also think that destiny is best changed with spiritual practices. We can think of forces of destiny itself as spiritual energy and the best way to counter them is by spirituality. When we try to do something by force it has repercussions and we cannot escape the consequences, in fact will be more affected by it in the future.

Just a view on the assessment of the power of a nation on a universal scale. Thee equivalent of kundalini rising to the third eye chakra or the second highest chakra, is the external conquest of the universe. Such a nation understands not only the physical laws but also the mental and spiritual laws.Assessing on that scale, the most powerful nation on earth right now is at the level of the second chakra, a far cry still from understanding or conquering the universe

sorry for posting in this thread. I am posting some evidence of the effect of spiritual energy. I am going to post regularly on this. Take a look at www.sravnatestprep.com/about.php at my latest pic. I believe I am able to bring down the effects of aging. your comments please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back