• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Enlightening experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Sravna,

Sometimes holding on too much to ego will obscure the truth.

I do not see losing confidence in self as a flaw..in fact at times only when we are in a broken state do we realize the path to improve and rectify.

Coming to your opinion that "The reason why you are not affected when you see others are better than you may be due to the reason your ego is under the control of your intellect"...well..I dont know if its my intellect keeping a check on my ego but I prefer to be logical.

Jealousy and desire are the main reason why some might be affected when faced with a person better than us.

Remove jealousy and desire and we become just a spectator when we are faced with someone better than us.

So the intellect does not have control the ego...the intellect just chose to be a spectator.

Last edited:
Dear Sravna,

Firstly I feel we do not need to be in constant competition with anyone else.

The reason one feels better than another or feels lesser than anyone else is becos of competing/comparing/contrasting.

Actually in life the spirit of competition is not needed..life is all about doing our duty right.

Even in Geeta Lord Krishna stresses upon doing duty right..He never spoke about the spirit of competition.

Competition in my opinion breeds pride,jealousy and next we know downfall.

Success is doing duty right..everything else will fall in place..even if met with failure ...success is getting out of it with equal mindedness.

Renuka,

I think connectedness of one's brain is a reflection of one's ego and intellect. The more connected the less is the ego and more the intellect. A perfectly connected brain is a spiritual brain, the ego being non existent and the intellect fully developed and the person self realized.

Yes Renuka you are right about competition but the spirit of competition is needed at least in the initial stages of one's development, as one has to learn to unlearn as well.

Renuka,

I think connectedness of one's brain is a reflection of one's ego and intellect. The more connected the less is the ego and more the intellect. A perfectly connected brain is a spiritual brain, the ego being non existent and the intellect fully developed and the person self realized.

Dear Sravna,

Its not about having a Spiritual brain..its about being having a Logical Brain.

The ego exists as long as the mind exists..the ego is what that makes us eve address ourselves by our name...You are Sravna cos thats what your ego calls yourself and I am Renuka cos thats what my ego calls myself.

When we panic..feel hurt..feel sad or feel happy or any emotion the ego experiences it.

Even by analyzing about intellect and ego its still the ego identifying with it...there is no running away from Ego.

Just like the heart pumps the blood in the body for survival...likewise the Ego pumps our identity for survival.

There is no way out..even words like Aham Brahmaasmi still is in 1st person identifying ourselves with Brahman.

If there is no ego can we even say Aham?

What can we say?

Sans ego..thoughts..speech and action wont be possible.

So this is just plain logic..one does not have to be "spiritual" to understand this.

Yes Renuka you are right about competition but the spirit of competition is needed at least in the initial stages of one's development, as one has to learn to unlearn as well.

I do not feel its needed.
Its about improving one's self but there need not be competition with another.

In school there used to be a guy who competed with me like mad.

During O level exams he would sneak up late night and park his car near my house to see if I was studying late night cos my study room was visible from my room window.

He would literally stalk every move I made..so I asked him "instead of stalking me hiding in your car..why dont you use that time to study?"

So he stopped stalking me but he used to keep hoping he would score better than me.

Once I had a state sports meet right before a major exam and he was very happy and told me "great..you would be practicing for sports meet..miss classes for this and I would surely beat you this time in exams"

I told him "well...I am taking my books along..in between my events I plan to study"

I still scored higher than him!LOL

He was really pissed...Frankly speaking he did not have to be so competitive with me..he himself is in the same profession as me today.

It was just a waste of time and energy for him to had been so competitive with me.

I feel instead of wasting energy and effort on being competitive..one can channel that thoughts for self improvement..competition decrease mental energy I feel.

Dear Sravna,

Its not about having a Spiritual brain..its about being having a Logical Brain.

The ego exists as long as the mind exists..the ego is what that makes us eve address ourselves by our name...You are Sravna cos thats what your ego calls yourself and I am Renuka cos thats what my ego calls myself.

When we panic..feel hurt..feel sad or feel happy or any emotion the ego experiences it.

Even by analyzing about intellect and ego its still the ego identifying with it...there is no running away from Ego.

Just like the heart pumps the blood in the body for survival...likewise the Ego pumps our identity for survival.

There is no way out..even words like Aham Brahmaasmi still is in 1st person identifying ourselves with Brahman.

If there is no ego can we even say Aham?

What can we say?

Sans ego..thoughts..speech and action wont be possible.

So this is just plain logic..one does not have to be "spiritual" to understand this.

Dear Renuka,

As long as we exist in the physical world, name and form will exist but that does not mean we cannot be without ego. The real test is whether, we are affected by the external reality and if we are totally unaffected by it there can be no ego. We understand that name and form are an illusion and think and act accordingly.

Dear Renuka,

As long as we exist in the physical world, name and form will exist but that does not mean we cannot be without ego. The real test is whether, we are affected by the external reality and if we are totally unaffected by it there can be no ego. We understand that name and form are an illusion and think and act accordingly.

I can safely say I am very much affected by a lot of stuff its just that I do not react as much to each and everything.

We as humans can be affected by the pairs of opposite but we can chose our mode of reaction to it.

So I am not really testing myself to see how unaffected I am...I do not mind being affected..that shows I am human but I can always choose to react accordingly.

Dear Renuka,

There can be no choice in your reactions. If you are imprisoned with respect to some effect, you have no choice, if totally free from an effect you act on your own and that is in sync with reality.

Dear Renuka,

There can be no choice in your reactions. If you are imprisoned with respect to some effect, you have no choice, if totally free from an effect you act on your own and that is in sync with reality.

Dear Sravna...if someone is making me angry I still can choose to react in a manner that would diffuse the situation instead of reacting violently

So we do have choices for our reactions.

For eg just now I felt thirsty..was tempted to drink some chinese herbal drink but it has rock sugar..so I felt why not choose a drink that quenches my thirst with natural sugars instead of added sugar..so I chose tender coconut water.

See..I had a choice as a reaction to my thirst..to choose a lower calorie option.

Dear Sravna...if someone is making me angry I still can choose to react in a manner that would diffuse the situation instead of reacting violently

So we do have choices for our reactions.

For eg just now I felt thirsty..was tempted to drink some chinese herbal drink but it has rock sugar..so I felt why not choose a drink that quenches my thirst with natural sugars instead of added sugar..so I chose tender coconut water.

See..I had a choice as a reaction to my thirst..to choose a lower calorie option.

Yes Renuka, I was talking about effects on a case to case basis. You may be imprisoned by some totally on which you will have no choice, and partly under the influence of some where you are not completely free in choosing and on others totally free on which you would be making the right decisions i.e., ones in sync with reality.

Balance is the most important aspect in everything. If you know the secret of how to bring in the balance you will succeed in anything. Bringing in the balance is not as easy as it sounds and a bad mix can make matters worse. One needs to get the feel for it which one will get with experience

As an example in the matter of how to be happy and peaceful, one needs to strike a balance between material prosperity and mental elevation. A right balance will compromise neither in the sense both will be optimum for great happiness and peace.

One would say that greater the mental elevation the better which is true, but I am talking of the cases where one needs to lead the mundane life as well and not of the enlightened cases for whom mundane world matters little.

Last edited:
Here's a major major intuition folks.

The power causing the big bang is supposed to be approximately 10^ 115 watts. But energy due to force both physical and mental cease to have effect beyond approximately 10 ^ 60 watts. Beyond force we have mental and spiritual energy with spiritual energy capable of the highest influence. So that is what should have caused the big bang.

A spiritual power of approximately 10^115 watts is likely to have caused the big bang.

According to advaita we know it is by wielding of maya that the universe is created. Maya is nothing but the thoughts of the lord. It is a spiritual force that exerts influence on everything but pure spiritual energy which happens when 10^115 watt effect is transcended. Till then maya can keep influencing.

I believe physical effects are transcended at about 10^60 watts and effects of intelligence at about 10^90 watts and all effects including spiritual effects at 10^115 watts.

Last edited:
There are two types of spiritual power, one is projecting physical and mental energy and the other is de-projecting them. In the first case you can create lower realities such as physical reality and mental reality and in the second case you can make those realities completely vanish. In the first you can create force and in the second you can remove force. The second type of power I believe is more commonly associated with spiritual power and is more prevalent. As your power advances, you get the first type of power.

I do not believe that evolution of jivatma proceeds from tamas to rajas to sattva. All the gunas have positive aspects and negative aspects and the perfect state is the balance of the three gunas where only the positive aspects exist. Two jivatmas in predominantly tamas and predominantly sattva respectively can be in equivalent level of evolution.

Interesting I am more frequently beginning to see the spiritual in everything around me.

I do not believe that evolution of jivatma proceeds from tamas to rajas to sattva. All the gunas have positive aspects and negative aspects and the perfect state is the balance of the three gunas where only the positive aspects exist. Two jivatmas in predominantly tamas and predominantly sattva respectively can be in equivalent level of evolution.

Dear Sravna,

Interesting concept but you contradicted yourself when you talked about a state of perfect balance(equilibrium)..cos in a state of perfect balance..how can positive prevail?

In a state of equilibrium positive and negative negate each other.

A true state of balance is a state that goes even beyond the state of equilibrium.

Gunateetha.

Dear Sravna,

Interesting concept but you contradicted yourself when you talked about a state of perfect balance(equilibrium)..cos in a state of perfect balance..how can positive prevail?

In a state of equilibrium positive and negative negate each other.

A true state of balance is a state that goes even beyond the state of equilibrium.

Gunateetha.
Dear Renuka,

My view is that in a state of perfect balance, the negatives cancel themselves out and the positives come together in a synergistic way.

Any expert view on this?

Dear Renuka,

My view is that in a state of perfect balance, the negatives cancel themselves out and the positives come together in a synergistic way.

Any expert view on this?

Dear Sravna,

I am no expert but logically in a balance state all influences cancel out each other.

So how can positive prevail as you say..that automatically means a state of imbalance isnt it?

Dear Sravna,

I am no expert but logically in a balance state all influences cancel out each other.

So how can positive prevail as you say..that automatically means a state of imbalance isnt it?

Good point Renuka. Balance also means in synchronization. I would think the positives synergistically come together for a higher level positive, and may be that is called as bliss.

Good point Renuka. Balance also means in synchronization. I would think the positives synergistically come together for a higher level positive, and may be that is called as bliss.

Dear Sravna,

My son recently asked me a question..he asked "Upon death what happens to individual consciousness? In case of liberation does it merge into the Universal consciousness and it technically does not "exist" anymore as in deleted or it does exists in the Universal consciousness without losing its individual blue print?"

I really didnt know what to reply.. I was wondering when I was a 17 year old like him I didnt know all this..he surely reads a lot...can you give an answer?

Dear Sravna,

My son recently asked me a question..he asked "Upon death what happens to individual consciousness? In case of liberation does it merge into the Universal consciousness and it technically does not "exist" anymore as in deleted or it does exists in the Universal consciousness without losing its individual blue print?"
I really didnt know what to reply.. I was wondering when I was a 17 year old like him I didnt know all this..he surely reads a lot...can you give an answer?

Dear Renuka,

Here's my understanding:

Upon death, mind and jivatma continue to exist. They are energies and exist separately from the universal consciousness till liberation. Upon liberation after having been rid of maya completely, mind and jivatma merge and atman emerges which is the original pure spiritual energy and which is one with the universal consciousness.

All these questions have answers in our ancient religious texts. It requires only a search. But then we are mired in dogmas and so shun a certain texts. So it means we prefer to be blind and keep coming here to ask questions again and again. LOL.
It is like a child getting happiness by picking up a shell, a pebble or a conch on the sea-shore while the vast ocean has valuable gems in its floors. Isaac Newton said this.

All these questions have answers in our ancient religious texts. It requires only a search. But then we are mired in dogmas and so shun a certain texts. So it means we prefer to be blind and keep coming here to ask questions again and again. LOL.
It is like a child getting happiness by picking up a shell, a pebble or a conch on the sea-shore while the vast ocean has valuable gems in its floors. Isaac Newton said this.

I was just looking for powerful mantras. I came across mantras to remove all negative energies, to turn bad times into good times, to increase beauty, intelligence , creativity and much more. Such wisdom and such understanding and penetration into reality. There is really so much treasure hidden there. Personally I believe I do not know even a minuscule of what I need to know to make knowledge work for me.

Our ancient people are really special. Sad that so much of our knowledge being neglected or not properly used..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back