• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Discussions on J.Krishnamurti

DR DURAI

Question: Is there not a guide who leads? I have too often seen in my life and in other lives that they could only have been guided by a higher foreseeing Will. Events have been foretold years before. Is there no predestination?

KRISHNAMURTI: All guides, if they are true guides, must show the way to yourself, to the realisation of the potentiality within yourself. That is true guidance‑‑not the adoration of another "I am"; not looking to another individual for your enlightenment, for your incorruptibility, for your well‑being, for developing in you that capacity to be, which lies only within yourself.
In saying, "... if they are true guides, must show way to yourself ... that is true guidance ..." is he not himself acting as a guide? This is the fundamental contradiction in Jiddu's teaching. He himself acted as a guide/guru and yet he pooh poohed all other guides/gurus.
Question: Is there not a guide who leads? I have too often seen in my life and in other lives that they could only have been guided by a higher foreseeing Will. Events have been foretold years before. Is there no predestination?

KRISHNAMURTI: All guides, if they are true guides, must show the way to yourself, to the realisation of the potentiality within yourself. That is true guidance‑‑not the adoration of another "I am"; not looking to another individual for your enlightenment, for your incorruptibility, for your well‑being, for developing in you that capacity to be, which lies only within yourself.

I have followed all these old paths of discipleship, of worship, and I see that they are much too long, too complicated, unnecessary - because whatever path you may follow, whatever god you may worship, whatever shrine you may build, you are forced at last to come back to yourself and solve that self.

--- Early Writings, 1929.
Yes, all those old paths led you to the Self AT LAST isn't it? So, is it wise to give the LAST lesson to everyone at first? Not everyone is at the same level of understanding as you are now. Let everyone start his journey from where he is, NOT from where you are. Ponder this quote

IT IS BETTER to follow one's own dharma however imperfect than to imitate someone else's which is perfect. (Bhagavad Gita 3.35)

Question: You often use the expression "another 'I am'". We do not understand. Please explain.

KRISHNAMURTI: Whenever you treat another person as a separate being, as another "I am", you are in illusion. In the ultimate sense there is in life no other "I am". So any worship which separates off the object of worship from yourself and makes you look outward for your growth is also illusory. There is only one life in the whole universe, and you are that life.
If there is ONLY ONE LIFE ..... to whom is Krishnamurthi speaking? Most of the time he talks nonsense like this.

The Absolute is beyond TIME n SPACE, beyond the mind. If it is beyond the mind, it cannot be conceptualised and spoken, i.e. the INFINITE cannot be thought of or expressed by the FINITE MIND with FINITE WORDS. We can only express the INFINITE/ABSOLUTE apophatically as NETI NETI (of the Upanishads) i.e. the ABSOLUTE is not anything that can be perceived by our senses of conceived of by the mind.

So to say that there is only ONE is not quite correct because the word ONE is also a concept of the mind and TRUTH, ABSOLUTE TRUTH to reiterate is beyond the mind.

Jiddu Krishnamurthi was wrong in not having read the scriptures and doubly wrong in teaching others to follow in his footsteps and triply wrong in running down gurus though he himself acted as one.

Yes, all those old paths led you to the Self AT LAST isn't it? So, is it wise to give the LAST lesson to everyone at first? Not everyone is at the same level of understanding as you are now. Let everyone start his journey from where he is, NOT from where you are.

One who has realized the Self is best qualified to point to the easiest way. Not others. This is out of compassion for humanity and goes back at least as far as the Buddha.

Ponder this quote

IT IS BETTER to follow one's own dharma however imperfect than to imitate someone else's which is perfect. (Bhagavad Gita 3.35)

So it may be better for some to not interfere with the interested readers of this 'imperfect' thread meant for Krishnamurti’s teachings.

One who has realized the Self is best qualified to point to the easiest way. Not others. This is out of compassion for humanity and goes back at least as far as the Buddha.

So it may be better for some to not interfere with the interested readers of this 'imperfect' thread meant for Krishnamurti’s teachings.
Yes, no doubt, one who has realized the Self is best qualified to point to the easiest way. But what is easy to one may not be so to another. A good teacher is one who comes down to the level of the taught. A person who knows only the alphabets should next be taught how to form words, NOT be given a tome to read.

You believe that JK was Self-realized. I don't think so and I'll tell you why.

PERFECTED/SELF-REALIZED YOGIS have the power of intuitive perception, have access to REVEALED KNOWLEDGE. But FRAUDS too make such a claim to hoodwink the ignorant masses. Now, is there a way to verify if a person's claim to be Self-realized is true?

YES THERE IS !!! Read on 👇

REASON when rightly pursued will take you to the door of intuitive perception. Knowledge derived from such superconscious state is called revealed knowledge. But such knowledge SHOULD NEVER contradict REASON or the SCRIPTURES, especially the authentic Hindu scriptures, that are based on REASON. There should be no inaccuracies, inconsistencies or irrationalities in his teachings. If it does, then there's something wrong. It cannot be revealed knowledge. In which case there are only 2 possibilities:

That the person making such a claim is either MENTALLY DERANGED and is therefore HALUCINATING and mistaking it for a religious experience,

OR

He is deliberately LYING THROUGH HIS TEETH to take the masses for a ride, to enrich himself the easy way etc.

The other important criterion to know if a man is Self-realized is the soundness of his character. It may remain hidden, but in the case of JK it is all known and it leaves much to be desired. He was having an adulterous affair with the wife (Rosalind) of one Rajagopalachari, who was the editor of his works. All the lurid details of the affair was revealed by R's own daughter Radha Sloss in the book LIVING IN THE SHADOWS WITH J KRISHNAMURTHI. When confronted JK admitted to the affair.

So, for the above reasons I am convinced that JK WAS NOT SELF-REALIZED.

You've quoted Buddha but, JK taught that you must only follow what he taught and not anyone else. Such was his arrogance. But you did right in doing so. Lord Buddha was undoubtedly Self-realized.

BTW, I am not interfering with interested readers .... I am merely informing sincere seekers of the fallacies of the JK's teachings and also about his hypocrisy.

BEWARE OF FALSE PROPHETS THAT COME TO YOU IN SHEEPS CLOTHING BUT INWARDLY THEY ARE RAVENING WOLVES.

YES inwardly they are RAVENING WOLVES !!! BEWARE!!!

LET NOBLE THOUGHTS COME TO US FROM EVERY SIDE (Rigveda 1.89.1)

Jiddu Krishnamurthi was wrong in not having read the scriptures and doubly wrong in teaching others to follow in his footsteps and triply wrong in running down gurus though he himself acted as one.

You should have shared your insightful wisdom with the gurus, pundits, and scholars from all religions who flocked to meet Krishnamurti and have his darshan. You could have saved all of them a lot of time and energy wasted on meeting him when everything they needed is readily available in scriptures. All the more because he supposedly pooh pooed them.

So, for the above reasons I am convinced that JK WAS NOT SELF-REALIZED.

You've quoted Buddha but, JK taught that you must only follow what he taught and not anyone else. Such was his arrogance. But you did right in doing so. Lord Buddha was undoubtedly Self-realized.

All the Buddhist scholars including the Dalai Lama recognised his teachings and compassion. May be they are all wrong and you may be the only one who is right.

BTW, I am not interfering with interested readers .... I am merely informing sincere seekers of the fallacies of the JK's teachings and also about his hypocrisy.

Too bad that you could not help Ramana Maharishi, Maurice Friedman, Anandamayi Ma, Swami Venkatesananda, Dalai Lama (to name a few) understand the fallacies of the teachings.

This thread is for a serious purpose. Readers don't indulge trolls or get into a slanging match. No more from me on this. You can follow whatever you like but it is best to refrain from personal attacks on people and teachings that you have not grasped.

Thank you for your understanding.

You should have shared your insightful wisdom with the gurus, pundits, and scholars from all religions who flocked to meet Krishnamurti and have his darshan. You could have saved all of them a lot of time and energy wasted on meeting him when everything they needed is readily available in scriptures. All the more because he supposedly pooh pooed them.
Just because a lot of people flocked to meet someone is no measure of the person's greatness or holiness. Truth doesn't lie in the census of a person's followers. Hundreds of thousands followed Nithyananda, Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh, Ashram Bapu, Osho etc and see what happened. And even today millions are following the latest fraud in town, namely Jaggi Vasudev. Just watch, it is a matter of time before he too is exposed.

You have conveniently omitted to comment on my expose on JK's adulterous affair with the American woman Rosalind, may I know why? A truly holy man must be holy both in public and in private whereas JK was "holy" only in public but privately he was a BIG FRAUD.

Anandamayi Ma, Maurice Friedman, Swami Venkateshananda have passed on and they were not aware of JK's hypocritical life when they met him. SV went to meet JK only to question JK as to why he was against gurus. AM also raised the same point with JK. SJ and AM did not go to JK for his darshan

The Dalai Lama is still alive . Not sure if he still has the same opinion about JK. And just because Buddhist scholars accept the teachings of JK does not necessarily mean that JK was Self-realized.

As far as I know Ramana Maharshi never met JK. But when asked about JK's teaching on Choiceless Awareness he replied as below:

Ramana Maharshi on Jiddu Krishanmurti’s Choiceless Awareness​

A young man from Colombo, Ceylon, said to Bhagavan:
J. Krishnamurti teaches the method of effortless and choiceless awareness as distinct from that of deliberate concentration. Would Sri Bhagavan be pleased to explain how best to practise meditation and what form the object of meditation should take?
Ramana Maharshi: Effortless and choiceless awareness is our real nature. If we can attain that state and abide in it, that is all right. But one cannot reach it without effort, the effort of deliberate meditation.
All the age-old vasanas (inherent tendencies) turn the mind outwards to external objects. All such thoughts have to be given up and the mind turned inwards and that, for most people, requires effort. Of course, every teacher and every book tells the aspirant to keep quiet, but it is not easy to do so. That is why all this effort is necessary.
Even if we find somebody who has achieved this supreme state of stillness, you may take it that the necessary effort had already been made in a previous life. So effortless and choiceless awareness is attained only after deliberate meditation.
That meditation can take whatever form most appeals to you. See what helps you to keep out all other thoughts and adopt that for your meditation.

Comment: Yes, RM was categorical that MEDITATION was necessary for all spiritual aspirants though it may not be so for one who has attained the goal.

But my contention is that how could a Self-realized soul have made such a FUNDAMENTAL ERROR to say that MEDITATION, EFFORT, GURU were not necessary in the spiritual path?

My answer; A self-realzsed soul could never be so fundamentally wrong more so when he himself acted as a guru and yet criticized all other gurus..

Conclusion: JK WAS NOT SELF-REALISED.

You say, "no more from me on this". Sorry you are not able to refute my arguments rationally and so you wish to chicken out. Too bad.

Take note, I am only trying to help you. The teachings of JK are flawed. I can disprove all his teachings. I studied him carefully for about 5 years till I realized THAT HE WAS TALKING NONSENSE MOST OF THE TIME. That was before I came to know about his sexual shenanigans. And when I did, Iwas not surprised. it only confirmed that not only were his teachings very very misleading but that he was also a FALLEN YOGI assuming he was a yogi to start with.

Quotable Quotes

-- O' WHAT A man may within him hide, though angel on the outward side. (Shakespeare in Measure for Measure)

-- ALL THAT GLITTERS is not gold, gilded tombs do worms unfold. (Shakespeare in Merchant of Venice)

BEWARE !!! BEWARE !!! BEWARE !!!

Don't hate the person who is trying to put you on the right path.

Thanks

Just because a lot of people flocked to meet someone is no measure of the person's greatness or holiness. Truth doesn't lie in the census of a person's followers. Hundreds of thousands followed Nithyananda, Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh, Ashram Bapu, Osho etc and see what happened. And even today millions are following the latest fraud in town, namely Jaggi Vasudev. Just watch, it is a matter of time before he too is exposed.

You have conveniently omitted to comment on my expose on JK's adulterous affair with the American woman Rosalind, may I know why? A truly holy man must be holy both in public and in private whereas JK was "holy" only in public but privately he was a BIG FRAUD.

Anandamayi Ma, Maurice Friedman, Swami Venkateshananda have passed on and they were not aware of JK's hypocritical life when they met him. SV went to meet JK only to question JK as to why he was against gurus. AM also raised the same point with JK. SJ and AM did not go to JK for his darshan

The Dalai Lama is still alive . Not sure if he still has the same opinion about JK. And just because Buddhist scholars accept the teachings of JK does not necessarily mean that JK was Self-realized.

As far as I know Ramana Maharshi never met JK. But when asked about JK's teaching on Choiceless Awareness he replied as below:

Ramana Maharshi on Jiddu Krishanmurti’s Choiceless Awareness​

A young man from Colombo, Ceylon, said to Bhagavan:
J. Krishnamurti teaches the method of effortless and choiceless awareness as distinct from that of deliberate concentration. Would Sri Bhagavan be pleased to explain how best to practise meditation and what form the object of meditation should take?
Ramana Maharshi: Effortless and choiceless awareness is our real nature. If we can attain that state and abide in it, that is all right. But one cannot reach it without effort, the effort of deliberate meditation.
All the age-old vasanas (inherent tendencies) turn the mind outwards to external objects. All such thoughts have to be given up and the mind turned inwards and that, for most people, requires effort. Of course, every teacher and every book tells the aspirant to keep quiet, but it is not easy to do so. That is why all this effort is necessary.
Even if we find somebody who has achieved this supreme state of stillness, you may take it that the necessary effort had already been made in a previous life. So effortless and choiceless awareness is attained only after deliberate meditation.
That meditation can take whatever form most appeals to you. See what helps you to keep out all other thoughts and adopt that for your meditation.

Comment: Yes, RM was categorical that MEDITATION was necessary for all spiritual aspirants though it may not be so for one who has attained the goal.

But my contention is that how could a Self-realized soul have made such a FUNDAMENTAL ERROR to say that MEDITATION, EFFORT, GURU were not necessary in the spiritual path?

My answer; A self-realzsed soul could never be so fundamentally wrong more so when he himself acted as a guru and yet criticized all other gurus..

Conclusion: JK WAS NOT SELF-REALISED.

You say, "no more from me on this". Sorry you are not able to refute my arguments rationally and so you wish to chicken out. Too bad.

Take note, I am only trying to help you. The teachings of JK are flawed. I can disprove all his teachings. I studied him carefully for about 5 years till I realized THAT HE WAS TALKING NONSENSE MOST OF THE TIME. That was before I came to know about his sexual shenanigans. And when I did, Iwas not surprised. it only confirmed that not only were his teachings very very misleading but that he was also a FALLEN YOGI assuming he was a yogi to start with.

Quotable Quotes

-- O' WHAT A man may within him hide, though angel on the outward side. (Shakespeare in Measure for Measure)

-- ALL THAT GLITTERS is not gold, gilded tombs do worms unfold. (Shakespeare in Merchant of Venice)

BEWARE !!! BEWARE !!! BEWARE !!!

Don't hate the person who is trying to put you on the right path.

Thanks
BUDDHISTS HAVE MISUNDERSTOOD LORD BUDDHA

SILENCE is called MOUNAM in Sanskrit. It is silence of the mind, not merely absence of speech. It means abstaining from thinking worldly thoughts. But it is the very nature of the mind to think. Then how are we to stop worldly thoughts? It is by constantly thinking of God. How? By constantly repeating God's name. Which is JAPA YOGA. This Japa Yoga is a powerful aid to meditation. Nay it, by itself, can take one to the Supreme. It is the ULTIMATE SILENCE/BRAHMAN. That's why it's called SUNYA ( SILENCE/VOID) in Buddhism. The term MUNI (saint) was initially used for silent saints. That's why Buddha came to be called SAKHYAMUNI (Sakhya = the clan to which Buddha belonged).

When Buddha was asked about the Ultimate Reality, he remained silent. By that He only meant that it could not be expressed in words. But his followers misunderstood Him and thought that Buddha by His silence was implying that there was no God. And because of that FUNDAMENTAL ERROR most Buddhists are atheists to date.

Buddhists, to understand Lord Buddha rightly, should read the Hindu scriptures especially the Prasthaana Traya and go back to Hinduism but, they will not, because of PRIDE n PREJUDICE.

LORD BUDDHA was after all a Hindu saint. He was not a Buddhist. And He only taught Sanaatana Dharma. It was his followers who coined the term Buddhism and turned it into a religion.

Religion only fosters religiosity which is blind conformity to a doctrine and it has little to do with spirituality which is a dynamic search for Truth/God.

Sanaatana Dharma = Universal Spirituality that underlies all institutionalised religions, hence it is rightly dubbed the Mother of All Religions.

(Prasthaana Traya = Upanishads + Brahma Sutras + Bhagavad Gita)

DR DURAI
24th Feb 2014

A poster insists on trolling this thread with irrelevant posts. This thread is not meant to authenticate who is self realized and who is not. Berating teachers and engaging in a Buddhism vs Hinduism debate are also not subjects of this thread. Could the moderator kindly ask the poster to create a separate thread under General Discussions and move all the posters contents there? He can post his personal views under his own thread so that he does not interfere with the teachings of Krishnamurti in which the poster is not interested by his own admission.

A poster insists on trolling this thread with irrelevant posts. This thread is not meant to authenticate who is self realized and who is not. Berating teachers and engaging in a Buddhism vs Hinduism debate are also not subjects of this thread. Could the moderator kindly ask the poster to create a separate thread under General Discussions and move all the posters contents there? He can post his personal views under his own thread so that he does not interfere with the teachings of Krishnamurti in which the poster is not interested by his own admission.

Okay, you want to cancel me. No problem with that. I have the satisfaction of having spoken the truth without fear or favour. Truth unfortunately is bitter for those who are not ready to face it. Before I withdraw I wish to make this last posting. Please read.

LEARNING HOW TO LEARN

LIFE IS A CONTINUOUS learning process. One should always question and examine one's convictions to see if they are right. To be absolutely sure of one's beliefs is to assume omniscience and infallibility, which is to have a closed mind, which is to stop learning. To allow for the possibility that one could be wrong is to be humble and open minded and to enable oneself thereby to learn continuously.

Quotable Quotes

-- As long as I live, so long do I learn.

Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa (The Guru of Swami Vivekanada)

-- LET NOBLE thoughts come to us from every side (Rigveda 1:89:1)

-- EPPORUL YAAR YAAR VAAI KETPINUM APPORUL MEIPORUL KAANBATHU ARIVU (Thiruvalluvar – KuraL 423)

-- NEITHER SEEK nor avoid, takes what comes and be unattached. (Swami Vivekananda)

Please rest assured there will be no further posting.

I wish you all the best. Good-bye

DR DURAI
17th Feb 2018

It is important to understand that every person does not follow the same learning path. What fits ones past and present is what would be most palatable to that person. He is right just as you think you are right. The trick is to search for a common ground on which to take the conversation further so that each benefits from the others perspective and find synergy rather than focus on destroying the others beliefs.

Dr. Durai:
The one who leazied slef never tells others, the one who tells has not realized. Self relaization is travel on a search path alone. Shankaram, Ramanuja, Buddha had a limited influence but never became pervasive. Self relaizatgion is a slow and painful path and all those claim " I am .." is delusional or can not be copied by others. We differ from every one and only at the biological level behave in the same way. Self relization is a lonely journey. Your statemetn shows resentment and anger at some imaginary personality. Language has never succeeded in explaining experience. For example the tastes -sweet, sour.." are experiences leanred along with the associated objects or artifacts like Halva, Lemon juice etc. What is true to start with their path like meditating - I ignored Chinmayanada but his way of teaching for meditating - shout asamhoham highest pitch and slowly reduce it and stop it while breathing deep with closed eyes allowed me to shuf off all external sound-light and other feelings and after about 30 days for 15 minutes I COULD get last from all the external input. This self realization and other paths are to be abstracted from others but not to abuse them as they were sharing their experiences which were unique.
Now, as what is "truth" agin will differ from person to person unless all experience the same inner peace. No one can guid you as this is a self explanotary and lonely journey. Moihamad, Jesus and no one has succeeded in giving total peace to all. So, you have to become a self "Guru" and that comes slow ,steady and intentinal self reflection and mindfuness. Patanjai gives a starting pioint of controlling your body one part at a time through physical yoga but rest is left to individual. No modern Guru will help you. One only parrot what Shanakara said, Arabindu said etc., which are their pown personal experience based on their own effort.

I have listened to videos of J. Krishnamurti..he is somewhat like Osho and Sadguru ..well informed, technical to the core ..not much room for emotions but most of the time there are uselful messages and information transmited.

So if the message is useful, I accepted it.
If it doesnt jive with me, I dont accept it.

Regarding to his personal life about the affair etc..well..he was never preaching morality..he was only preaching shades of reality..so its his personal life .no comments there.

But to a great extent his messages seem to be divorced from the idea of God and at times the messages can be not suitable for a beginner.

So it all depends what we are looking for.

Mr. Dorai:

I narrate an actual instance I am personally aware of and told by the benefactor. One late Professor (DR) TRV Murti, Director of Advanced Center of of Philosophy,Bananas Hindu University – His book on Central Philosophy of Buddhism, Alen Unwin 13tth ed., UK – talks about Nagarjuna's Madhyamic Buddism.. Dr. Murti was a Western, Saiva and Buddhist Philosopher. He and his brother (Govinda Sharma, Teacher at Ramakrishna School, Chennai) were studying at Saint Joseph college, Trichy left to join Gandhiji. His father wrote to Gandhiji, that if all students joins with you, who will be there to help rule India as and when you win freedom. So, Gandhi sent them home. They did not return but walking all over North India came to Risikesh. They met one Achutha Muni, a saint and asked him if they can stay with him and learn yoga. He agreed with one condition that, he will teach them both Siddhanta Kaumuti – Sanskrit Grammar and they should repeat it without mistake in the next morning. If they fail they have to leave. Both them did not know Sanskrit, yet the next day Prof. Murti recited it due to his photographic memory. The brother was sent to Bananas.

The saint made hims stand in the Ganges at neck deep water, and the guru sat on a boar and gave him Jyna-disha via sparsha deeksha - placing his hand on the disciples head for 15 days. Then he told him that you go to Kashi and you will become an outstanding scholar. The next day the saint died.

Prof. Murti joined his brother at Bananas and later got his Ph. D and his English(white) professor made him Spalding Professor at Oxford.

Thus., the Guru was expecting a worthy shishya and the shishya was expecting a guru. This very rarely happens. Krishnamurti et al., (exception: Arabhindu and Maha Perival) are just preachers. If they realized GOD in themselves, they will not share with every one and use the dogma learned from various sources will be repeated as a proof. So, the saying that those who experienced divinity will never tell it and those who claim have not experienced. So, name calling is not required. If some one pays for your wages or if you pay for them, then it is worth talking about.

Okay, you want to cancel me. No problem with that. I have the satisfaction of having spoken the truth without fear or favour. Truth unfortunately is bitter for those who are not ready to face it. Before I withdraw I wish to make this last posting. Please read.

LEARNING HOW TO LEARN

LIFE IS A CONTINUOUS learning process. One should always question and examine one's convictions to see if they are right. To be absolutely sure of one's beliefs is to assume omniscience and infallibility, which is to have a closed mind, which is to stop learning. To allow for the possibility that one could be wrong is to be humble and open minded and to enable oneself thereby to learn continuously.

Quotable Quotes

-- As long as I live, so long do I learn.

Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa (The Guru of Swami Vivekanada)

-- LET NOBLE thoughts come to us from every side (Rigveda 1:89:1)

-- EPPORUL YAAR YAAR VAAI KETPINUM APPORUL MEIPORUL KAANBATHU ARIVU (Thiruvalluvar – KuraL 423)

-- NEITHER SEEK nor avoid, takes what comes and be unattached. (Swami Vivekananda)

Please rest assured there will be no further posting.

I wish you all the best. Good-bye

DR DURAI
17th Feb 2018
I come across some YouTube videos. When asked a question he constantly tries to cut off or gets visibly annoyed. Its easyto attract foreigners if u speak good english.

Few yrs ago in this forum i mentioned about sadhguru jaggi vasudev. Anothet user made us aware about his alleged killing of his wife. Jk has this affair. Tagore had affair with his btothers wife. Gandhi, nehru , osho enough said.

Oh of course then the social justice warriors like ee ve ra who married a 27 yr old at 72 and who was a pimp till 35and karunanidhi.

May be they were philosophers. Or businessmen . And it should end there. People choose to side with them based on wat redonates with them.

I havent heard ramanar or maha periyavar or vivekanandar had any such things in thier lives. Thier life were open books.

Last edited:
Dr. Durai:
The one who leazied slef never tells others, the one who tells has not realized. Self relaization is travel on a search path alone. Shankaram, Ramanuja, Buddha had a limited influence but never became pervasive. Self relaizatgion is a slow and painful path and all those claim " I am .." is delusional or can not be copied by others. We differ from every one and only at the biological level behave in the same way. Self relization is a lonely journey. Your statemetn shows resentment and anger at some imaginary personality. Language has never succeeded in explaining experience. For example the tastes -sweet, sour.." are experiences leanred along with the associated objects or artifacts like Halva, Lemon juice etc. What is true to start with their path like meditating - I ignored Chinmayanada but his way of teaching for meditating - shout asamhoham highest pitch and slowly reduce it and stop it while breathing deep with closed eyes allowed me to shuf off all external sound-light and other feelings and after about 30 days for 15 minutes I COULD get last from all the external input. This self realization and other paths are to be abstracted from others but not to abuse them as they were sharing their experiences which were unique.
Now, as what is "truth" agin will differ from person to person unless all experience the same inner peace. No one can guid you as this is a self explanotary and lonely journey. Moihamad, Jesus and no one has succeeded in giving total peace to all. So, you have to become a self "Guru" and that comes slow ,steady and intentinal self reflection and mindfuness. Patanjai gives a starting pioint of controlling your body one part at a time through physical yoga but rest is left to individual. No modern Guru will help you. One only parrot what Shanakara said, Arabindu said etc., which are their pown personal experience based on their own effort.
In siddhar terms its “ kandavar vindathillai, vindavar kandathillai”

கண்டவர் விண்டதில்லை, விண்டவர் கண்டதில்லை- சொர்கமும் நரகமும் இப்படியே!

One does need to practice what one preaches. Spirituality whose objective is to elevate the mind requires this unlike science where objective truths are verified external to self.

Based on my expereince, there is always a guide to lead but both the leadee and the ledear must meet first. But the leader is not ready to be a propagandist and seldom appreciated by naive people. No more Adi Shankara or Ramanuja will apear beacause those who deserve have already found them. My guide found me and shaped me without critizing but only with encouragement. I discovered things on my own and shared with him, he smiled and said that "I know you will. So keep posting me". When he passed away he emailed me before hand that "no more search for me. I am finished". He died very soon.
OK, the moral is a guide for the mass is now a rich, fearless and politically powerful person, for individual there is a guru waiting for yo. You need to search for him or her. A good friend and a teacher(Guru) can be found only after an exhastive search without knowing where he or she is waiting.

Based on my expereince, there is always a guide to lead but both the leadee and the ledear must meet first. But the leader is not ready to be a propagandist and seldom appreciated by naive people. No more Adi Shankara or Ramanuja will apear beacause those who deserve have already found them. My guide found me and shaped me without critizing but only with encouragement. I discovered things on my own and shared with him, he smiled and said that "I know you will. So keep posting me". When he passed away he emailed me before hand that "no more search for me. I am finished". He died very soon.
OK, the moral is a guide for the mass is now a rich, fearless and politically powerful person, for individual there is a guru waiting for yo. You need to search for him or her. A good friend and a teacher(Guru) can be found only after an exhastive search without knowing where he or she is waiting.
You wrote "No more Adi Shankara and Ramanuja will appear?"
Well, may be not physically but their essence lives on in their teachings in the parampara they started and also in the hearts of those who have sincerely taken them as their Guru.

Honestly none of us can really know how and when or if a Guru will appear ...but when the Guru appears the shisya would know.

Question: Is there not a guide who leads? So, the answer was generic. We do not have religious fight within Hindus in the sense when Shankara etc. were born. The time was right. Now almost 800 years later, why will they born when the society of hetrogenous with all other religion and the people do not seek truth (exception may by people like you) in India, rather economic imperatives have taken over.
Also, please read my last statement: You need to search for him or her. A good friend and a teacher(Guru) can be found only after an exhastive search without knowing where he or she is waiting, includes your answer.

Question: Is there not a guide who leads? So, the answer was generic. We do not have religious fight within Hindus in the sense when Shankara etc. were born. The time was right. Now almost 800 years later, why will they born when the society of hetrogenous with all other religion and the people do not seek truth (exception may by people like you) in India, rather economic imperatives have taken over.
Also, please read my last statement: You need to search for him or her. A good friend and a teacher(Guru) can be found only after an exhastive search without knowing where he or she is waiting, includes your answer.
God guides who He wills.
Even the act of seeking is not in our hands.

Btw we cant generalize that there are no seekers in India..how do you know?

Its unfair to think that way.

Latest ads

Back