• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Chinese home first aid for stroke

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL!!! Ha Ha Ha..you sound very much like a Neuroscientist Biochemist whom we all knew once in forum.
I guess you are his clone!!
I see the same Intoxication of Mada here!!

I am glad to be of help to keep you on your toes! Otherwise the world will become very mediocre.

By the way isn't "intoxication of mada" redundant? As far as I know "mada" in Sanskrit means intoxication. If you are using it as a double positive, it is redundant. If you are using it as a double negative you are nullifying what you aim to say.

Last edited:
Dear Mahakavi,

Thank you very much for getting rid of my Monday Morning Blues.
You see I had a 2 day break and had to go for a conference and I am at work now.
I hate taking breaks cos its a bit hard to get rid of the blues..

So thank you..my humble Pranams to you for helping me get rid of the Monday Morning Blues with the exciting exchange of posts and also my Madhyama Anguli to the contents of your post.(Note the anguli is for the contents of your post and NOT to you..to you I give my pranams)

Lots of Love and HIGH regards

Thank you. Glad to be of help to one more person.

@Mahakavi,

I read through all the reported posts and i have edited, removed, modified a few of them. The others are ok as they fit in with this unnecessary "fight/argument" that you are having with Raghy.

Whether Raghy is a veteran or a novice is not the point of contention. The point of contention is how a very very trivial matter is just being blown out of proportion.

@Others,

Ignore this minor incident and carry on. If and when you are asked to go back to this, please report the same.

corrected a few factual errors

Last edited:
It does not matter about by belief here. Do you see, when you are surrounded by turkeys, it is difficult to soar like an eagle

I don't see anyone stopping you to stay amoung eagles! Well, the whole lot of us are turkeys, good only 'thanks giving dinner'! You should move to live amoung eagles! Or you are here because eagles don't want you amoung them? LOL!

Sri. Praveen, Greetings.

Thanks for your intervention. I am sorry for the abusive words I exposed the forum to read. Unfortunately, when someone trys to make a mockery of the profession, the bond between the health care professionals, particularly between a Doctor and a Nurse, I could not control. I explained everything very politely couple of times. but I had to show I was not too amused. I apologise to you and all the forum members except Sri. Mahakavi for my outburst.

Cheers!

Greetings.

I humbly request Dr. Renuka, Dr. Narayani , Sri. Naina and other members to continue discussion, please.

We were discussing about High Blood pressure, it's signs and symptoms and precautions. Kindly continue, please.

Cheers!

P.S - Also, I request Dr. Renuka to share some of the interesting and very useful informations she picked from the conference with us.

P.S - Also, I request Dr. Renuka to share some of the interesting and very useful informations she picked from the conference with us.

Very important fact I learnt is:

1)Some topics can get real boring if the speaker is boring.

2)So always take another book along to read when the talk gets boring.
I took my Bhajo Govindam booklet along with me and was splitting the Sandhi in the shlokas when I was bored.

3)Good looking doctors usually are good speakers too.
There was one real beautiful senior lady doctor...she spoke really well.
One more good looking male doctor too really spoke well.

Sowbagyavathy Renuka,

With reference to post #107, what is there to discuss in that information? Thanks for the information though!

May be the speaker should learn to talk multi various subjects! Some of them are good in that too. I had one professor for Pathophysiology and Pharmocology. She was like that. She would change subjects so fast..... Her lecture were always interesting.

Cheers!

Ok here goes..the Hematologist present said the following supplements can prolong bleeding time and lead to hemorrhage after surgery.
So always inform your surgeon if you are going for surgery and are taking the following supplements:

1)Gingko Biloba

2)Spirulina

3)Ling Zhi Mushroom extract(Ganoderma Lucidum)

Sowbagyavathy Renuka,

With reference to post #107, what is there to discuss in that information? Thanks for the information though!

May be the speaker should learn to talk multi various subjects! Some of them are good in that too. I had one professor for Pathophysiology and Pharmocology. She was like that. She would change subjects so fast..... Her lecture were always interesting.

Cheers!

That post was just introduction post!!LOL
I do not like to bore my audience.

Post #109 is informative.

Sowbagyavathy Renuka,

If anyone is on Ginko Biloba, he/she should stop taking the medication atleast 1 week ahead of the surgery. Otherwise, surgery doesn't happen here.

Not familiar with the other two medications though.

Cheers!

One more fact I learnt:

1)Every speaking was using the word God in their sentences.

Conclusion :I have yet to see an Atheist doctor in my life!!LOL

Sowbagyavathy Renuka,

If anyone is on Ginko Biloba, he/she should stop taking the medication atleast 1 week ahead of the surgery. Otherwise, surgery doesn't happen here.

Not familiar with the other two medications though.

Cheers!

Spirulina is very common here in capsule forms and Ling Zhi is popular among chinese.

One more fact I learnt:

1)Every speaking was using the word God in their sentences.

Conclusion :I have yet to see an Atheist doctor in my life!!LOL

That is quite interesting. I haven't taken note of that. In Australia, more persons have quite limited faith in God. But actually I haven't asked any doctor though. Now that I am mental health setting, I am more connected to psychiatrists than the medical/surgical Doctors.

Cheers!

Just to clarify..

I believe the message that mahakavi posted may not have been a private message, so i stand corrected. Accordingly i have edited out my message in the original thread and in the reply i posted. Again it is a very trivial matter so no need to blow it up.

Apologies to the ones involved for this.

i always wonder, why majority of the 'nobel prizes for medicine' are grabbed by the chemists/biologists but rarely by the physicians or nightingales?

I don't see anyone stopping you to stay amoung eagles! Well, the whole lot of us are turkeys, good only 'thanks giving dinner'! You should move to live amoung eagles! Or you are here because eagles don't want you amoung them? LOL!

It was my mistake to assume everybody is upright in this forum. There are a few bad apples. I consider it my privilege to point out who they are. But the majority of folks here are just normal folks. When I said turkeys I meant a few and they know who they are.

Sri. Praveen, Greetings.

Thanks for your intervention. I am sorry for the abusive words I exposed the forum to read. Unfortunately, when someone trys to make a mockery of the profession, the bond between the health care professionals, particularly between a Doctor and a Nurse, I could not control. I explained everything very politely couple of times. but I had to show I was not too amused. I apologise to you and all the forum members except Sri. Mahakavi for my outburst.

Cheers!

I remind here that this person should go back and read post #103 and #116 by Praveen. He has since edited his post and retracted the statement about private message. There is no more mention about private message. From now on the members who post abusive messages should watch out. The moment they hit the "post" button the server will send an alert about that message (including the text of the message) to all those who are interested parties. The server of the site did its job. That means it is not a private message. Deleting the message surreptitiously later does not withdraw the alerts sent to the interested parties. So to make it clear again, it was a public message. So watch out in the future.

It takes some courage and personal honor to apologize to the person who was offended. Now I know not it expect it from dishonorable folks.

Last edited:
i always wonder, why majority of the 'nobel prizes for medicine' are grabbed by the chemists/biologists but rarely by the physicians or nightingales?

That is because physicians just use the discoveries to treat diseases. They can observe the symptoms but without the discoveries they are helpless. Scientists are the ones who discover the causes behind the diseases, research the mechanism, and devise drugs to treat/cure them. Physicians prescribe the medication after knowing what the disease is. If any the pathologists are the primary folks in the medical community who find the afflictions in patients by doing the tests---- using blood, urine, tissue samples etc., Even they have to depend on the techniques discovered by scientists. There are some physicians who are mainly scientists (they may treat patients occasionally but they spend more time in basic research) and many physician-scientists have got Nobel prizes.

I will give you one example where a physician got Nobel prize. Alexander Fleming was a physician who discovered penicillin when he was a physician in a London hospital. He was curious and was lucky to have discovered by accident the mold growing in petri dish.

You know MRI is a common technique used by physicians to find out what is ailing the patient. The instrument was made possible by the discovery of how water molecules in an affected tissue sample behave versus the normal tissue using the property of the nuclei of water molecules. There was a significant difference between the two which enabled the development of the MRI technique. Hence that deserved a Nobel prize.

Just to clarify..

I believe the message that mahakavi posted may not have been a private message, so i stand corrected. Accordingly i have edited out my message in the original thread and in the reply i posted. Again it is a very trivial matter so no need to blow it up.

Apologies to the ones involved for this.

Sri. Praveen, Greetings.

It was a private message, because it went to his/her personal mail inbox. So, there is no need for you to apologise. It was the private notification which was made public. Also, we have the edit facility so that we may edit any mistakes in our messages. I noticed, Sowbagyavathy Renuka's edited message was commented in its pre-edited condition. Can you kindly address such un-scholarly actions, please? Thank you. We are coming here to share our opinions in the most honest and sincere messages. We all are human beings. We don't want nit-picking know-all charecters ruining our day ( and night). By the way, he/she was not too happy I self-edited some of my messages. I used few choice "F" words liberally in my messages. I did not leave anything for imagination either. I openly typed the full words. In fact, I thought one message was not abusive enough, so, I came back after 10 minutes, added a choice "F' word and in the reason section deliberately wrote "Added some more abusive language".

I considered you and other forum members except Sri. Mahakavi were the offended parties since I had to expose the forum to such abusive languages during the exchange of the conversation. So, I duely apologised to only the offended parties.

Cheers!

Sri. Praveen, Greetings.

It was a private message, because it went to his/her personal mail inbox. So, there is no need for you to apologise. It was the private notification which was made public. Also, we have the edit facility so that we may edit any mistakes in our messages. I noticed, Sowbagyavathy Renuka's edited message was commented in its pre-edited condition. Can you kindly address such un-scholarly actions, please? Thank you. We are coming here to share our opinions in the most honest and sincere messages. We all are human beings. We don't want nit-picking know-all charecters ruining our day ( and night). By the way, he/she was not too happy I self-edited some of my messages. I used few choice "F" words liberally in my messages. I did not leave anything for imagination either. I openly typed the full words. In fact, I thought one message was not abusive enough, so, I came back after 10 minutes, added a choice "F' word and in the reason section deliberately wrote "Added some more abusive language".

I considered you and other forum members except Sri. Mahakavi were the offended parties since I had to expose the forum to such abusive languages during the exchange of the conversation. So, I duely apologised to only the offended parties.

Cheers!

Some people not only make grievous mistakes but never learn from them either. Not being apologetic is one thing but to continue to defend, is stupidity being carried to the limit. The offensive messages were transmitted by the server used by the Tamilbrhamins.com. Ultimately TB will be held responsible for any liability arising out of transgressions. They cannot just blame the server because they are bound by the server conditions. To repeat, it is NOT a private message. The poster does not have the receiver's personal email address. The message was posted in the thread in real time and the server picked it up and transmitted to all the interested parties to that thread. Ignorance may be bliss but not in this case. If this case goes to court the parties to the offense will be held liable because it is a public message. The reason it did not appear in the thread itself is because the poster edited it after posting it. The poster continued to post more abusive messages and was proud of it. I think the moderator should pull him up for openly defying the standards of the forum. I will leave it to the moderator.

I am opening a new thread on the liabilities involved for the poster for libel as well as the website in a separate forum. Even though the poster has deleted all the four-letter words in several posts, I have all those messages under the banner of tamilbrahmins.com. In a court of law they will stand up. The poster is hereby warned not to escalate this lest he will be hauled over hot coals. I promise that much and more. The laws governing such obscenities (libel) are specific to the country in which the server is located. If the server is located in the US, I will be able to sue in the US courts. Even though those posts have been edited they are all available in the server if the courts order them. It is just like your deleting a file in your computer. It is not deleted forever. A techie can retrieve it on demand. Everybody knows that. So........

Last edited by a moderator:
I have all those offensive messages stored in a separate folder to be produced in the court if it comes to that. They all carry messages from TB about who posted the message, the entire text of the message, and which thread they are in and how they can be accessed (giving the link). So there is nothing private about it. Praveen said TB does not forward the messages but the server does it automatically. So the unedited messages are all safely stored in my archives for legal action.

Sri. Praveen, Greetings.

Cheers!

Come to think of it, this message is self-incriminating. For example, these sentences, "I used few choice "F" words liberally in my messages. I did not leave anything for imagination either. I openly typed the full words. In fact, I thought one message was not abusive enough, so, I came back after 10 minutes, added a choice "F' word and in the reason section deliberately wrote "Added some more abusive language".

I am storing all such messages in my computer.

I am not kidding. I have a daughter in New York who is an attorney. Her husband ( my son-in-law) is also an attorney. If necessary, I will arrange through her to send a preliminary letter in her letter-head asking for apology to be sent, failing which legal consequences will follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back