• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Chinese home first aid for stroke

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW I have always been curious as why the traditional belief of holding metal objects during an epileptic attack wards off epilepsy.
How did this belief come about.

No doubt it has no scientific basis but you see during an epileptic attack the brain is having a short circuit of electrical impulses.
So when brain is having a short circuit these impulses are transmitted in a haphazard manner to the body and we see the involuntary tonic clonic jerky movements of limbs and also other parts of the body.

So you see may be our ancients knew about this electrical short circuit and by holding a metal object in our hand and the person made to lie down on the earth... there is a possibility these extra chaotic impulses are transmitted like a lightning conductor to the earth and the neutralizing current from the earth that travels to the body has a calming effect on the nervous system.

This is only my unproven thought.It has no scientific evidence and I am NOT recommending anyone to hold any metal object during a fit cos risk of injury is also high.

Last edited:
Greetings.

What is the survival chance of a indian villager bitten by a cobra with limited access to hospital and transport? What should be the first aid?

Reasonably well. The victim has to announce others, that part is important. (Hopefully within 10 miles, there would be a vaithyan. He would usually have few fat chickens roaming in his yard). A peson is despatched to go to the vaithyan. Usually snake bites happen in the evening or night. ( mostly in the daytime cobras don't come out). If the informer has to run to the vaithyan, then that takes place in a relay. One person sprints to the next village; a fresh person from that village starts running to inform; like that by the time vaithyan gets the information, he just knows someone is coming after the cobra bite.

The victim's luck plays a major role; Because, the survival rate depends upon the amount of venom injected and the time elapsed after the bite before he gets to the vaithyan.
Once he got the news, vathyan chops two chicken and drains it. Prepares the emitic concoction. I don't know what other herbs are mixed.

The victim gets usually carried by few persons, possibly on a cot and on a relay. A silent throng of persons carry this victim and runs.

The vaithyan gets the victim to vomit, many times vomit to drain all the food, fluids in the stomach. The chicken is cut in half and the flesh is placed at the bite entry along with the herbs. The victim is kept awake. The victim should not sleep at all. The chicken flesh sucks the venom out of the system. I don't know the rate of success. But i saw one guy walked back to tell the tale.

P.S - I am not interested in getting cross-examined on this. This can very well be considered as a 'fairy tale' and can be rejected out right, please. This message is not for the persons who like to take others to court to prove their points. Kindly bear with any typo, please. I may not be able to edit this message.

Cheers!

Renukaji,
Sorry to disappoint you. My fight is not with Mr. Sarang. My fight is with ignorance. I believe that knowledge will win over ignorance.

I am sorry if it is being seen as a personal fight. I will back off.

Last edited:
Renukaji,
Sorry to disappoint you. My fight is not with Mr. Sarang. My fight is with ignorance. I believe that knowledge will win over ignorance.

Sri. Prasad, Greetings.

Sowbagyavathy Renuka is only joking. She doesn't really mean you guys are fighting. The usual playful girl, after watching all that intense fighting around here, just enjoys herself with jovial comments! Not to be taken seriously!

Cheers!

There is some ambiguity about the fighters - who is who; but none about the round announcer!!

Here is your ring card girl for the match of Sarang Vs Prasad.

msg-ring-card-girls-1.jpg

Renukaji,

Dear Prasad,

No No..don't back off!!
Check out the hot chick with the card for the fights.

Your "fights" will be fun..cos there are no LAW SUITS!!

I am not a MahaGyani like some people profess them selves to be, but I know to find knowledge.
I am not vain and admit that there are modern development in every field.
Snake bite can kill a person, but snakes are to be protected. King cobra is endangered.
Herpetologist Romulus Whitaker Runs the Chennai snake park, and a leading authority on snakes, has written about snakes.
Romulus Whitaker | Profile on TED.com
ron whittekar.jpeg

He was asked this question.

"Have you come across any case in which a known venomous snakebite has been countered by traditional medicine?"

"First of all, many snakebites are by non-venomous snakes. Second, a large percentage of venomous snakebites are dry bites. A cobra had once bitten me and it was a dry bite. I did not develop any symptom of a cobra bite. We know that at least 80 per cent to 90 per cent survival is guaranteed, without any treatment. With that sort of success rate to any healer, whatever method he follows — herbal, "snakestone" or mantra, or plain soda water — most villagers would be happy to go to him, though he is a potential serial killer. If he lost even one patient he is a murderer. He may be successful without other ailments like fever, common cold and whatever. But in a snakebite, you are looking at a person who is lying on the operating table, as it were, with his body cut open ... I mean ... the equivalent to that. And he has to be in the hands of someone who can deal with that and a man who supplies some local medicine who cannot handle it. The Irulas, the traditional snake catcher with their own sophisticated herbal medicine system, have now understood the position. They know that the snake injects you and the venom goes deep into your system and this can be neutralised only by a similar injection, not by oral or locally applied remedies, no matter how famous."

tamaso maa jyotir gamayaa

Last edited:
In one natgeo programme, the 'keeri' bit by a snake runs away from the snake, rolls over a bush and eats the leaves. The presenter is announces that the keeri is free from the poison.

Some people have such a disgusting disrespect for anything traditional and jump shouting 'ignorant' and '14th century'; they have to wait till a white man or harvard scholar publishes a paper as it happened with mahesh yogi's tm. Anyway the knowledge base of africans, american indians and mayans is lost forever; only hindus and chinese have preserved their ancient wisdom, despite vile attacks from know-alls.

Treasures lost can be recovered; culture destroyed cannot be revived. Hope this message is understood by those who want to destroy whatever does not fit into their new found knowledge.

For snake bites, tying a band to restrict blood flow toward the heart is still recommended in some web sites. Even the advice to move the band away from the swelling. Anyway extracting poison for making serum is a profitable business. 10 ml serum costs upto rs. 500.

Last edited:
BTW I have always been curious as why the traditional belief of holding metal objects during an epileptic attack wards off epilepsy.
How did this belief come aboutரேணுகா மேடம் எனக்கு தெரிந்த வரையில் கீழே கொடுகப்படுள்ள காரணங்களால் வலிப்பு நோய்க்கு இரும்பை பயன் படுத்துகிறார்கள் : முதல் காரணம் தமிழ் சினிமா: யோசித்துப் பாருங்கள் எத்தனை படங்களில் வில்லன் கவர்ச்சி கதாநாயகியின் ஸ்தனகளின் நடுவில் மாட்டிக்கொண்டு இருக்கும் சாவியை எடுக்க வலிப்பு வந்தது போல நடித்து அவள் சாவியை எடுத்து கொடுத்ததும் ஹஹ் ஹஹா என்று சிரித்துகொண்டே ஓடியிருக்கிறான்:
ரெண்டாவது காரணம்: பண்டைய காலங்களில் எல்லோர் கையில்லும் கத்தி வாள் ஈட்டி என்று எதாவது இரும்பு சங்கதி இருக்கும், அதனால் வலிப்பு வந்ததும் டக்கென்று கையில் இருக்கும் இரும்பை கொடுக்க அதுவே பசக்கமகி இருக்கும் ....LOL:heh:

How did this belief come aboutரேணுகா மேடம் எனக்கு தெரிந்த வரையில் கீழே கொடுகப்படுள்ள காரணங்களால் வலிப்பு நோய்க்கு இரும்பை பயன் படுத்துகிறார்கள் : முதல் காரணம் தமிழ் சினிமா: யோசித்துப் பாருங்கள் எத்தனை படங்களில் வில்லன் கவர்ச்சி கதாநாயகியின் ஸ்தனகளின் நடுவில் மாட்டிக்கொண்டு இருக்கும் சாவியை எடுக்க வலிப்பு வந்தது போல நடித்து அவள் சாவியை எடுத்து கொடுத்ததும் ஹஹ் ஹஹா என்று சிரித்துகொண்டே ஓடியிருக்கிறான்:
ரெண்டாவது காரணம்: பண்டைய காலங்களில் எல்லோர் கையில்லும் கத்தி வாள் ஈட்டி என்று எதாவது இரும்பு சங்கதி இருக்கும், அதனால் வலிப்பு வந்ததும் டக்கென்று கையில் இருக்கும் இரும்பை கொடுக்க அதுவே பசக்கமகி இருக்கும் ....LOL:heh:

Great!! My tamil reading speed is increasing.
I could make out about the cinema,heroine and villain and also about the in those days somehow a knife,sword or some metal pointed object was always available in hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back