• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Yenkay Brahmanan?

Veda Adhyayanam is our duty & carrying this for future generations is the purpose for being Tamil Brahmin.
All Brahmin families (by Birth only) should get their children strictly marrying within those who followed Brahmin Traditions. Each family should have at least 3 children, at least one boy should be doing Veda Adhyayanam only for the sake of the entire society.
Every moment from now onwards is in our hands and let us do it together.

May I ask a personal question?
Is this for public consumption? Do you and your family practice any of it?
I bet no one in your extended family believes or follows any of your edicts.
I little bit of honesty would be appreciated.

I am now 49 years aged. I understood the importance of it in my age of 42. Now my Son & daughter have undertaken this pledge and we will show the way in the near future.

Initially I went into digging the reason to know how we are categorized as the forward caste and why we are struggling to get admissions in higher education & jobs.
Now I realized that we are given 100% reservation to do the duty pertaining to Vedas and to deserve that we have to practice the Vedic duties according to Sastras
We should not go to the government and ask for reservation in higher education or jobs. Our Vedic education is the highest that the universe can offer and there is no equivalent

I am now 49 years aged. I understood the importance of it in my age of 42. Now my Son & daughter have undertaken this pledge and we will show the way in the near future.

How come you only have 2 children? Did you take a pledge of 3 children?
How old are the children? Where do you live? What level of education for all of you? Is your wife working outside of the home? What is your income level?

There are too many variables, and each of us has different priorities. So one size can not fit all. Then we are born in a free country, and to have a free choice is our birth rite.

Currently, all our Hindu society is directionless. All students are doing engineering / medical & other professional courses. Number of students passing out as Engineers are in lakhs every year and the growth of jobs is only in thousands. This has resulted in our populace going global and take positions wherever in the world. Even now, a very lot of our society are unemployed and unemployable.
Pre-British & pre- Mughal societies were working in a different model altogether

How come you only have 2 children? Did you take a pledge of 3 children?
How old are the children? Where do you live? What level of education for all of you? Is your wife working outside of the home? What is your income level?

There are too many variables, and each of us has different priorities. So one size can not fit all. Then we are born in a free country, and to have a free choice is our birth rite.
My children are aged 19 & 14 respectively and My Wife is not working outside of home.
Irrespective of all of this, we have a purpose of getting birth as a brahmin and we should commit ourselves to the duty. In the past, we lived not realizing this. But the future is within our control

#20 sad to read the proceedings on the self wrought decline and silently suffered by the community.
A dedicated member of the community has brought it to attention of his brethren as early as 2013
but then even today he has to come back with the old story.Really a sorry plight, It is high time that
we should rethink ourselves and gather the good and well meaning efforts of these dedicated members.The crucial question is how to bring about a revival of lost heritage and strengthen the bonds
of Unity ? More the ideas the better will be the outcome.

Many years back, there was an article in a Calcutta based newspaper that Christian missionaries initially encouraged (and even gave preference to) Brahmins to enroll in their schools. There was a reason for it - in other heathen and pagan societies they first converted the priests (of those faiths) and once the priests converted the others followed suit. But in this case, they failed in their mission to convert - the Brahmins accepted their education but very few converted and instead used the modern education for their economic betterment and started moving out of the Agraharams to lead better lives with the new found money. And seeing the material benefits other Brahmins followed. According to the article, it was the missionaries who gave the community a head start.

But the common propaganda is that Brahmins kept others completely illiterate and were therefore able to get almost sole access to modern British education. It is true that Brahmins reserved religious Sanskrit text teachings to themselves. This did not mean that others were forced to stay illiterate. You find centuries old inscriptions in various languages in temples and other historical sites - are you going to maintain that these sculptors were illiterate? Merchants (Chettiars and possibly other business communities) employed Accountants (Kanakku Pillai) who were generally their own family members or belonged to the community. In fact, their (Kanakku Pillai) traditional profession of accounting and arithmetic is the closest we have to modern education - not the Brahmins' memorising and reciting slokas (most of the time without knowing the meaning or even significance) and casting horoscopes and consulting almanacs for advising good days and auspicious timings. The business communities should have had a definite edge over Brahmins in adapting to modern education and reaping the benefits.

Before the introduction of modern education most Brahmins went from door to door begging "Bhavadhi Bhikshaam Dehi". But, with college degrees or just school education they moved ahead and this was an eyesore to the wealthier communities at whose doors the now hateful Paappaans had been seeking alms for generations.

Of course, it is true that we have also practised untouchability and it is shameful. But then, most of the so called high castes are also guilty of the practice. In fact, many of the wealthy and landlord communities have abused Dalits in worse ways - exploiting their poverty and enslaving them, molesting their women, burning their huts and more. In fact, Dalits were in greater dread of these landlords. The laws of many pure indigenous Tamils (Pachchai Thamizhar) prescribe severe punishment for abuse of a caste girl but if the victim happens to be a Dalit a small pot of rice will recompense the abuse/ loss of honour. Panchayat decisions have been based on such laws and this has also been brought out in a few Tamil movies (including 'Indra' and another movie (Kadhal Sadugudu???) which is an extremely popular standalone piece on TV as a satirical comedy 'Vivek's Panchayat Theerpu'). In a true incident in a village in Tamilnadu, the Dalits who were affluent had lent money to caste non-brahmins. When the borrowers did not repay, the dalits threatened to take legal action. The borrowers gathered the support of other caste non-brahmins in the village and thrust faecal matter in the mouths of the dalit lenders and humiliated them in other ways too. This happened in 2003 and was reported in detail in 'The Hindu' sunday supplement. The great fighters for social justice DK and DMK chose to ignore this. Even today there are temples in small villages in Tamilnadu controlled by caste non-brahmins where dalit entry is forbidden. This is known to all the Dravida parties.

By constantly talking about Paappaan atrocities against other castes, the fighters for social justice hope that in course of time their own crimes against the Dalits will be forgotten. Keep repeating a half truth and it becomes the full truth (adaptation of Goebbels maxim). In fact, the anger of these DK/ DMK is not against the Agraharam Brahmins who practised untouchability and among other things decreed that people of lower castes should stand barefooted before them and humiliated them in other ways. Their anger is against the Brahmins who left the Agraharams and stopped begging at their doors. Social justice is not their goal! One of the key persons in the Dravidian movement is Dr. T. M. Nair. You can read about how the Nair community treated some of the lower castes in Kerala in the following link - of course there is also mention of Brahmins (Namboothiris):
How Ezhava were treated by Nair

I have even read that EVR Naicker spoke out against a Justice Party leader for some speech against Brahmins for holding a high percentage of posts very disproportionate to their population percentage. Later when he wanted an important post in the Congress and was denied he felt that Brahmins wanted to control the party by keeping others out of the top posts and vowed to teach them a lesson. It was then that he started his movement exploiting the strong anti Brahmin feeling among other Tamil castes - his crusade was not born out of any love or concern for the oppressed. I have forgotten the source of this information and I am still trying to locate it.

Unfortunately, even many Brahmin youth of today believe that anti Brahminism is only a fight for social justice.

Maybe this is NOT the thread for this but since we are discussing plight of our community- I want to share

Full Scholarship Given to Brahmin Students who are Eligible for Admission to Engineering Courses.
Contact Dr. Mahalakshmi 9444963405
GKM Charitable Trust
Please Post This Message to Help the Needy.

Maybe this is NOT the thread for this but since we are discussing plight of our community- I want to share

Full Scholarship Given to Brahmin Students who are Eligible for Admission to Engineering Courses.
Contact Dr. Mahalakshmi 9444963405
GKM Charitable Trust
Please Post This Message to Help the Needy.

Very useful Thank you.

Maybe this is NOT the thread for this but since we are discussing p
You are right. your gesture to mitigate financial hardship for education of poor brahmin students
thru the Trust mentioned by you is a great step forward,There is a pending request under Community
in the forum heading ,which if ok can also benefit from this offer.
Also the community is open to your ideas for Unity and advancement on all fronts for inclusive
community growth.

Vganeji
These are unfounded fears
Tamil brahmins may inter mix with other castesand yet they will force their way of life on other communities.
Then there are brahmins in other states in sizeable numbers
They are likely to be politically and economically relevant.
All political partiesc in north have
brahmin advisors. SP BSP in UP have brahmin advisors. W bengal has always had brahmin CMs.
Brahmins are shrewd enough to ally with anyone in power in politiical or business sphere.
All IT companies have brahmin dominance.
Brahmins can never be put down.

Krishji, I am referring to Tamil Brahmins (Iyer & Iyengars) not to other Brahmins with whom we do not share any sort of bonding. But for BJP which has a soft corner for Brahmins but has only a small brand of followers; the main parties both DMK & AIADMK do not allow the Brahmins near the corridors of power. Educated Brahmins have left for greener pastures and they have got mixed in the global gene pool. We are left in the lurch and our children taking cue have distanced themselves from Tambrahm traditions and are marrying outside the community. No wonder we have become the political & social orphans in Tamil Nadu.

they have got mixed in the global gene pool - disheartening but true.
talking about DMK and the likes pulversing our community,, we are செத்த பாம்பு, orphans whatever,
in trying to understand how we got to this point, and hoping like the jews we are un-annihilatable
I learnt a lot from dharmadispatch, I want to share this

I have been voicing the pathetic social status of our community....With no alternates in the last decade and with no unity of purpose and completely dejected and demoralized, 50% have married outside community, the remaining have late marriages, mostly single child with growing divorce rates and rising unmarried amongst men . So what is left of the community..We will become a fraction of population of what we are today, in the 22nd century and then dissipate completely...You may like to see my anguish and my calculation in this thread below that I posted 7 years back.

Good Morning
I created an another thread for a retrospective Analysis..
Here people dont think as a community..
Resurrection of our old custom is the only way.. that too as a community...
That seems to be next to impossible.. they way people react to these posts..
People in this fourm says they dont want to be isolated from the society, but they dont mind get isolated from their own community...they want a new system.... they dont want to take any hardship.. just an easy life..
The real Brahmanan ... Impossible to find now...
K Ramesh

The real Brahmanan ... Impossible to find now... ??? In this thread itself Ramakrishnan previously stated that he will make sure that his children of 14 and 19 follow the path. Wife does not work, So husband wife are not together in the rat race. We have to admire and applaud such people who will keep the lineage intact. I think the Tamil brahmin will rise again.
காலம் என்பது கறங்குபோல் சுழன்று மேலது கீழாக் கீழது மேலா மாற்றிடுந் தோற்ற மென்பது மறந்தனை - மனோன்மணீயம்

we are un-annihilatable
Though the article talks about sanskrit the condition is applicable to all the educational departments and university on TN for the past 50 years and those who keenly watch the move, now the condition is pathetic and deserted.

The practice of hindi learning in central government is there for these many years but now in TN they started the same sloga of hindi insertion even in central government officers and this is the result of dilution of selection among regional levels even in central government jobs.

What ever I can Start I have already started..
Nithya Karma, Nithya Pooja, Veda Adhyayanam, Avoid TV, Make my daughter (10 Years) receite Lalitha Sahasranamam, Daily -full), Teach her all shlokas (Thanks to my MIL), Taking her to temple ... telling the Stories.. etc.,
Im another Ramesh who is not interested in the so called Rat Race..
From Kuladeiva Vazhipadu... till the festivals, make the kid knows its importance and follow honestly...
Its just a begining.
thanks
K Ramesh

Though the article talks about sanskrit the condition is applicable to all the educational departments and university on TN for the past 50 years and those who keenly watch the move, now the condition is pathetic and deserted.

The practice of hindi learning in central government is there for these many years but now in TN they started the same sloga of hindi insertion even in central government officers and this is the result of dilution of selection among regional levels even in central government jobs.
Middle Class, Upper Middle Class people all learn Hindi by themselves.. irrespective of Political Party they belongs to.
This stunt is to get the vote of Lower Middle Class which determines the Win Or Loose... This is a very cheap Politics by our TN Politicians.
Who ever has opposes Hindi in TN... Knows Hindi Very well.... No One knows this FACT.
Pathetic...

K Ramesh

Nithya Karma, Nithya Pooja, Veda Adhyayanam
I read recently in fb which I have given it as a screenshot
Screenshot_2020-09-08-14-16-13-937_com.android.chrome.jpg

How about the first self financing college Madras Insititute of Technology with Tambrahm founders was forcefully taken away and made a Government Institution and founders chucked out...The DMK Government did not want Brahmins to study there.

We have to admire and applaud such people who will keep the lineage intact. I think the Tamil brahmin will rise again.
காலம் என்பது கறங்குபோல் சுழன்று மேலது கீழாக் கீழது மேலா மாற்றிடுந் தோற்ற மென்பது மறந்தனை - மனோன்மணீயம்
I am happy to learn this,Self-practice at home is the key.
Just as they say Charity begins at home.
It is a sad thing that the oppression is going on from the early fifties,The early freedom struggles in India were all started with Tamil Brahmans and in fact INC met first
in Mylapore East Mada Street before the first conference held in Bombay,Great stalwarts like Satyamurthy. SubramayaBharathi,U.V Swaminatha Iyer are our inspirational leaders who have left their unique footprints to draw strength from for our community.Also more remarkable stories of contributions of our illustrious seniors are put in a research publication "Arunthondatriya tamilaga
Anthanargal"by Thambraas.
Resurrection of our values and custom and community involvement alone holds the key for our survival.

Latest ads

Back