• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Who is brahmanan

Status
Not open for further replies.
So going by that if we still haven't understood creation..practice makes perfect..therefore keep on gunning it!LOL

Doctor,

Interesting digression from the main thread. Perhaps one day Scientific research may get an answer for "how" creation takes place. But we may not get the answer for "why" it takes place. We may have to seek the help of metaphysics (beyond physics) for an answer . The search is going on from time immemorial to find the answer. Even those who realise this cannot express it கண்டவர் விண்டிலார் அல்லவா!.

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

tks, aren't you being a little too hasty? You often say there is hidden meaning and it should be understood with proper attitude, etc. with which I don't actually disagree. Sometimes there is nothing there for all the proper attitude, effort, etc., that is where we sometimes disagree.

Be that as it may, coming to this story it seems the guru was trying to teach his sishyas that one need not resort to superstitious behavior in order to honor ancestors. Now, you may disagree that the act of offering water to sun is superstitious and that would be your POV, but that does not make the story "stupid".
wah wah full marks to you Nara ji . I do not think the story was stupid at all.

I think my definition of spiritual energy is evident from my previous posts i.e., that transcending space and time. Everything is ultimately spiritual energy and that is one reality. For that we have to see all of space and time in its totality. Just because we see everything sitting inside the boundaries of space and time we are not able to see that totality. When our mind evolves that is when it becomes spiritual it is able to see beyond space and time and thus realize the truth.

There are two things here. One is the existence of space and time and the energies and matter within. The other is what we perceive of them. As far as the human body is concerned all of them perceive the reality in the same way. Human body is not considered to be part of self. But the human mind whose development reflects how evolved the self is , each sees the reality in a different way. It is the mind that has to evolve and finally see the truth.

Let me digress here a bit. Once the mind is self realized it actually acquires immense power. It attains the capability due its fully spiritual nature to make physical energies into spiritual energy. It does this I suppose by its ability to make the appropriate connections to the physical energies
so that it becomes one with spiritual energy.

When something is spiritual it is perfectly balanced. For example a body that is spiritual is in a perfectly healthy state and immune to the impact of any physical or mental force however powerful they may be. This I can say from personal experience because I think and I am willing to accept the challenge too that no amount of physical force, by that I mean energy can produce any impact on me because I have made it immune to such force. I have to experiment on how the impact of matter may be neutralized. So the point is what is important is that the mind evolves and become spiritual. It can then make your body for example balanced and so on.

In the parlance of advaita the veiling effect of maya if lifted as with the mind seeing the truth, the projecting effect of maya that is the physical and mental reality can have no impact on you.

I think my definition of spiritual energy is evident from my previous posts i.e., that transcending space and time. Everything is ultimately spiritual energy and that is one reality. For that we have to see all of space and time in its totality. Just because we see everything sitting inside the boundaries of space and time we are not able to see that totality. When our mind evolves that is when it becomes spiritual it is able to see beyond space and time and thus realize the truth.

There are two things here. One is the existence of space and time and the energies and matter within. The other is what we perceive of them. As far as the human body is concerned all of them perceive the reality in the same way. Human body is not considered to be part of self. But the human mind whose development reflects how evolved the self is , each sees the reality in a different way. It is the mind that has to evolve and finally see the truth.

Let me digress here a bit. Once the mind is self realized it actually acquires immense power. It attains the capability due its fully spiritual nature to make physical energies into spiritual energy. It does this I suppose by its ability to make the appropriate connections to the physical energies
so that it becomes one with spiritual energy.

When something is spiritual it is perfectly balanced. For example a body that is spiritual is in a perfectly healthy state and immune to the impact of any physical or mental force however powerful they may be. This I can say from personal experience because I think and I am willing to accept the challenge too that no amount of physical force, by that I mean energy can produce any impact on me because I have made it immune to such force. I have to experiment on how the impact of matter may be neutralized. So the point is what is important is that the mind evolves and become spiritual. It can then make your body for example balanced and so on.

In the parlance of advaita the veiling effect of maya if lifted as with the mind seeing the truth, the projecting effect of maya that is the physical and mental reality can have no impact on you.

Dear sravna,

You are making relentless attempt to measure that which is not measurable with your totally inadequate scale. You are trying to reason out things which are beyond reasoning coordinates. Like a child trying to catch the moon with its hands. But that is what is human endeavor. So I enjoy. Carry on. Thanks.

வானத்தில் கிழிந்து தொங்கும் மேகத்தினுள்ளிருந்து முழுமதி சிரித்தால் வெறுப்பவர் எவர்?-தாகூர்.
"வெண்ணை அளைந்த குணுங்கும் விளையாடு புழுதியும் கொண்டு திண்ணென"த் தேய்த்துக்கிடப்பது குழந்தை. நாம் வெறுத்தா ஒதுக்குகிறோம்?-பெரியாழ்வார்.

Dear sravna,

You are making relentless attempt to measure that which is not measurable with your totally inadequate scale. You are trying to reason out things which are beyond reasoning coordinates. Like a child trying to catch the moon with its hands. But that is what is human endeavor. So I enjoy. Carry on. Thanks.

வானத்தில் கிழிந்து தொங்கும் மேகத்தினுள்ளிருந்து முழுமதி சிரித்தால் வெறுப்பவர் எவர்?-தாகூர்.
"வெண்ணை அளைந்த குணுங்கும் விளையாடு புழுதியும் கொண்டு திண்ணென"த் தேய்த்துக்கிடப்பது குழந்தை. நாம் வெறுத்தா ஒதுக்குகிறோம்?-பெரியாழ்வார்.

Dear Shri Vaagmi,

Your post is like an argument with just the conclusion. I am not sure how to respond.

Dear Shri Vaagmi,

Your post is like an argument with just the conclusion. I am not sure how to respond.

Dear sravna,

I am only trying to point out a different drishtikone and draw you to it, stopping you for a moment in your tracks where you are relentlessly pursuing cause and effect, reason, hypothesis, experiment proof etc, If that is a "process", I am asking you look at the "process" itself under a microscope. You may get valuable knowledge there. People have done that before. So you have a ready template to start with. Try that. Thanks.

Dear sravna,

I am only trying to point out a different drishtikone and draw you to it, stopping you for a moment in your tracks where you are relentlessly pursuing cause and effect, reason, hypothesis, experiment proof etc, If that is a "process", I am asking you look at the "process" itselunder a microscope. You may get valuable knowledge there. People have done that before. So you have a ready template to start with. Try that. Thanks.

Dear Shri Vaagmi,

I state my views on something and look forward to meaningful exchanges. I do not want to formally prove or disprove anything. But if any establishment of science wants to challenge my views experimentally I am willing to accept the challenge.

There is nothing relentless in what I am doing.I am surprised that you got that impression.

Dear Shri Vaagmi,

I state my views on something and look forward to meaningful exchanges. I do not want to formally prove or disprove anything. But if any establishment of science wants to challenge my views experimentally I am willing to accept the challenge.

There is nothing relentless in what I am doing.I am surprised that you got that impression.

Dear Sravna,

I agree. Please carry on. Thanks.

Once the mind is self realized it actually acquires immense power. .

Dear Sravna,

From what I know a Mind does not exist in a fully realized state(if that actually exists).

BTW sometimes things happen purely becos of a co incidence and we mistake it as powers....Once I remember a person related to my husband made me real angry and I thought in my mind and gave an intense stare. I thought ..."just get stuck to your chair and just not get up"..the next moment the person actually could not get up from the chair and had to be carried from the chair to the car.

Then I remember my husband looking at me suspiciously and later he asked me if I thought anything.

I said "Ya..I got mad and I thought it would be nice if that person got stuck to the chair"

So you see Sravna..what would you want to call that?

I would just call it a co incidence..but what ever said and done it really scared my husband!LOL

Last edited:
Dear Sravna,

From what I know a Mind does not exist in a fully realized state(if that actually exists).

BTW sometimes things happen purely becos of a co incidence and we mistake it as powers....Once I remember a person related to my husband made me real angry and I thought in my mind and gave an intense stare. I thought ..."just get stuck to your chair and just not get up"..the next moment the person actually could not get up from the chair and had to be carried from the chair to the car.

Then I remember my husband looking at me suspiciously and later he asked me if I thought anything.

I said "Ya..I got mad and I thought it would be nice if that person got stuck to the chair"

So you see Sravna..what would you want to call that?

I would just call it a co incidence..but what ever said and done it really scared my husband!LOL

Dear Renuka,

May be it is the reverse, You really have the power but want to call it as coincidence. Anyway you scare me too!

Last edited:
DearJK,

God is a Logician but sadly His followers are not!

Hi Renuka,

Agree, the problem is with the followers no-doubt. My only grouse with the anti-Brahmin people is, everyone made mistakes in the past. As I said, the Christians led the crusade & the muslims led the counter charge/Jihad. 100s of Millions were killed over centuries. Apart from this, Nazis killed over 10 million Jews.

All the communities in India were warring & killing each other. But what our hapless brahmins did in the past is the single biggest issue for which we have a professor waging a war with all of us in this forum – LOL !!!! Even in the Jain persecution, it was the Kings not the Brahmins. The story about Ramanujam putting the Jains in a grinder is nonsense & hilarious!!. Ramanujam was a sanyasi & did he have a army under him to do all this ?. Kings influenced by different Guru’s philosophy indulged in persecuting the others !!

Anyways – some people live their lives on hatred & spew them on others in various forums & social media !!!

Cheers,

Last edited:
Anyways – some people live their lives on hatred & spew them on others in various forums & social media !!!

Cheers,

Dear JK ji,

When you hate someone/a community etc you are actually secretly obsessed with that person/community and that person/community actually "rules" your subconscious.

So whether someone is a Brahmin hater or a Non Brahmin hater..both fall in the same category that both are secretly obsessed with each other and imprints are formed in our mind which makes our lives more difficult.

So hatred is never a good form of emotion..that is why live and let live is the best policy..when we live and let live no one can rule our mind.

Last edited:
Hi Renuka - Absolutely agree !!. All of us have our likes, dislikes, but is important not to take it to this level of hatred-ness !!

......One is that whatever you have attributed to me in your post are incorrect.
tks, you said the story was stupid, what is there to incorrectly attribute? I can easily imagine what your reaction will be if anyone responded the way you did if it was you narrating a story from some upanishad.

It seems anything outside of what you believe in is stupid, anything said in agreement of it is brilliant.....

tks, you said the story was stupid, what is there to incorrectly attribute? I can easily imagine what your reaction will be if anyone responded the way you did if it was you narrating a story from some upanishad.

It seems anything outside of what you believe in is stupid, anything said in agreement of it is brilliant.....

When I was a child, my grandmother asked me to keep some dried 'darba' grass under my pillow to ward off the ill effects of the lunar eclipse occurring at that time. There were ants in the sheaves of grass, and we got bitten rather terribly. She then asked me to throw the grass out the window and said the moon is so far, it won't have an impact in any case. I innocently questioned the purpose of keeping it at all. She said she was clueless and it was passed down from the ancestors and it was a stupid practise anyway, she followed it out of rote in her own words.

That was my first lesson in rational thought, and I never subscribe to rituals to this day. My father didn't follow rituals though he did visit temples with friends or relatives in order not to offend. It boggles the mind as to how something we do on earth affects some obscure planet millions of miles off. We never had the obligatory "puja room" or some such. The best upanishad in my opinion is the book "How to Stop Worrying and Start Living".

Consider y'day's Bangalore train accident. Innocents were consumed in a giant "homagundam". No "God" or "energy" could save them.

When I was a child, my grandmother asked me to keep some dried 'darba' grass under my pillow to ward off the ill effects of the lunar eclipse occurring at that time. There were ants in the sheaves of grass, and we got bitten rather terribly. She then asked me to throw the grass out the window and said the moon is so far, it won't have an impact in any case. I innocently questioned the purpose of keeping it at all. She said she was clueless and it was passed down from the ancestors and it was a stupid practise anyway, she followed it out of rote in her own words.

That was my first lesson in rational thought, and I never subscribe to rituals to this day. My father didn't follow rituals though he did visit temples with friends or relatives in order not to offend. It boggles the mind as to how something we do on earth affects some obscure planet millions of miles off. We never had the obligatory "puja room" or some such. The best upanishad in my opinion is the book "How to Stop Worrying and Start Living".

Consider y'day's Bangalore train accident. Innocents were consumed in a giant "homagundam". No "God" or "energy" could save them.

Dear Ashwin,

1.Ants were not an inseparable part of the Dharba grass. Your mom should have taught you to obey her instructions intelligently and not merely like a machine. You did not perhaps pick up that value sufficiently in time. Even today you have not understood the significance because you are not searching for answers and updating what you have understood. And that is another problem. I am leaving what is stupid in this context because it may lead to unnecessary attrition here. If this was the first lesson on rational thought, then I dread to think what more is there in stock.

2.Your dad went to temples in order not to offend his friends and relatives and you knew that. So you did not have an opportunity to pick up that particular value in your early life. There is nothing wrong with that per se. But to think that it is great not to go to temple, or it is great to do no puja at all is nothing but gloating in ignorance.

3.Among the B'lore train accident survivors there are many who believe that it is god who saved them. This is not to say any thing bad about those who died. Just a statement of the idiot from the last bench in the class room. LOL.

throw the grass out the window and said the moon is so far, it won't have an impact in any case

.how something we do on earth affects some obscure planet millions of miles off. ccident.

I think the above is the crux of the matter. Why do we want to think that only what is in front of our eyes means anything? Is there any rationale for that?

Dear Sravna,

The above part is not clear to me..Does it mean if I am highly spiritually inclined no power on earth can do anything to me ie my body, say even a Tsunami or an Earthquake 9.0 on the Richter scale

Dear Sravna,

The above part is not clear to me..Does it mean if I am highly spiritually inclined no power on earth can do anything to me ie my body, say even a Tsunami or an Earthquake 9.0 on the Richter scale

Dear Shri Vgane,

What I mean is if you are self realized the mind acquires immense power. That is in this case the mind is totally spiritual and has the ability to make anything else spiritual too. In other words it can make physical energies spiritual. When that happens the force in the physical energy goes away and hence produces no impact.

The real beauty is the mind can work on the future events and by appropriately making energies spiritual can avert any bad effects that may happen in the future.

I have tested this to a large extent and it seems to work. I had not shared this earlier with the members because it doesn't sound credible. But this is something of immense import that I am compelled to share it now especially the case that future events are out there waiting to happen and that they can be controlled by spiritual power.

As an additional note, earthquakes , cyclones etc that are potentially to happen may be controlled and may be even stopped. The farther it is in the future the more controllable it would be. Or may be there is an optimum distance in the future that it works best.

Last edited:
Dear Shri Vgane,

What I mean is if you are self realized the mind acquires immense power. That is in this case the mind is totally spiritual and has the ability to make anything else spiritual too. In other words it can make physical energies spiritual. When that happens the force in the physical energy goes away and hence produces no impact.

The real beauty is the mind can work on the future events and by appropriately making energies spiritual can avert any bad effects that may happen in the future.

I have tested this to a large extent and it seems to work. I had not shared this earlier with the members because it doesn't sound credible. But this is something of immense import that I am compelled to share it now especially the case that future events are out there waiting to happen and that they can be controlled by spiritual power.

As an additional note, earthquakes , cyclones etc that are potentially to happen may be controlled and may be even stopped. The farther it is in the future the more controllable it would be. Or may be there is an optimum distance in the future that it works best.

Dear Sravna,

What has this all got to do with spirituality?

As I said in an earlier post..I once thought that I wanted someone to get stuck to the chair and it actually happened!LOL Dont know if you want to call that spiritual.

BTW sometimes when I feel to lazy to make a phone call to my husband to buy some food for me etc..I do sit and think 'dear Purushan..please buy this food for me today" and invariably he will call me and ask me "would you like me to buy this food for you today?"

So you see Sravna..I dont know if this is called "spiritual" but it surely saves my phone bills!

Once I was on the way out of then house and the TV was on..I was thinking 'I am getting late and I just wish the TV would off by itself and it actually happened!

So I was thinking "hey wow..it worked" and I left for work.

I have no explanation for all these as it could be just a co incidence.

But when I was a child aged 9 ...I distinctly remember hating one teacher cos she used to always pick on me.

I would just sit and class and stare at her hoping she would catch fire but sadly she did not catch fire but I do remember her complaining that she was feeling hot..well may be it was just menopause for her!

So Sravna..frankly speaking I do not think any of these have got anything to do with Spirituality cos one can have good thoughts and also bad thoughts.

Last edited:
Dear Renuka,

I agree that there is the possibility of coincidence. but that is ruled out because these things could be done at will and every time it needs to be done. That I think is the difference between mere coincidence and causation

Please Renuka and others do not mistake me I am not here to show or boast about the power but I was only reporting something which does not normally happen.

Please Renuka and others do not mistake me I am not here to show or boast about the power but I was only reporting something which does not normally happen.

Dear Sravna,

Please do not mistake me of making fun of you...otherwise I would not have shared all the stories I just did in my post.

But Sravna..even though I have had my fair share of unexplained situations..I do not give it importance solely for the reason that we should never get carried away by anything which we can not explain.

I think Ramakrishna Paramhansa had caution those who have acquired some ability to do this and that to never to be carried away by it...that totally spells downfall for the human mind.

So the best is NEVER experiment cos we have no idea what we are dealing with.

We do not to be superman we just need to be human.

Dear Sravna,

Please do not mistake me of making fun of you...otherwise I would not have shared all the stories I just did in my post.

But Sravna..even though I have had my fair share of unexplained situations..I do not give it importance solely for the reason that we should never get carried away by anything which we can not explain.

I think Ramakrishna Paramhansa had caution those who have acquired some ability to do this and that to never to be carried away by it...that totally spells downfall for the human mind.

So the best is NEVER experiment cos we have no idea what we are dealing with.

We do not to be superman we just need to be human.

r ji are you pulling a fast one on sravna with your unexplained stories about mind power. sravna is getting carried away. at the same time the rationalist in you is telling you to be rational. I would not like to be in sravnas shoes LOL

Last edited:
Dear Renuka,

There is no reason why I should get carried away now or in the future. But definitely the right advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back