• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Who is brahmanan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Shri Nara,

If a fundamental law of science is disproved then it shows that scientific knowledge is not the ultimate knowledge and that there is a deeper knowledge. I think that is obvious. The basis upon which you reposed faith in Science i.e, physical evidence would be obliterated by something which you do not believe in i.e, the spiritual reality.

The question I am asking you now is that in such a case, will you give more credence to science or to the vedas?

Dear Sravna,

A high energy particle can, according to the laws of science, transform itself to pure energy and that, I think, is how nuclear bombs work. Hence, to choose and track one very high energy particle and destroy it with your mind power may not be actually so, but the energy may be absorbed by millions of other particles.

So, even if some lab responds to your challenge, how do we go about eliminating other possibilities?

Dear Ashwin,

As long as one finds that the going is good in life, he/she is not usually bothered about anything else and "hedonistic" life suits him alright. But very few people are fortunate to live in such favorable circumstances throughout life and die a peaceful sudden death. Unforeseen adversities, troubles, set-backs, poverty, illnesses etc., befall most families and it is then that people usually start wondering, "why was I born?", "why should I die?", "what will happen to me after death?", and so on.

In such circumstances, the hedonistic ways do not usually help and it is difficult to think and be satisfied with the present (which would become rather unpleasant) as the only reality etc.

There seems to me a slight mismatch in the sentence "All our great spiritual texts are essentially useless."; do you hold that those spiritual texts which are second grade (i.e., not great) are useful?

Also I have not read so far heard about Adi Sankara stating that the present is the only reality; this goes contrary to his advaita as it is known. It will be helpful if you give some reference to Sankara's first argument with Sureswara which you have mentioned.

Spiritual texts are useless, whatever the hierarchy. They are simply a collection of mumbo jumbo. Reg Adi Sankara- please see this- Shankara, the First Shankaracharya - The Gold Scales

..If a fundamental law of science is disproved then it shows that scientific knowledge is not the ultimate knowledge...
sravna, what fundamental law is disproved? Be specific.

The question I am asking you now is that in such a case, will you give more credence to science or to the vedas?
sravna, science and vedas, they don't belong in the same sentence; science is a process by which we understand the world around us, vedas is a dead document (i.e. its last word has been written) almost all of it complete gobbledygook.

If you think demonstrating your mind power would give credence to the vedas, you are wrong, I have already addressed the fallacy, please read my last response.

Spiritual texts are useless, whatever the hierarchy. They are simply a collection of mumbo jumbo. Reg Adi Sankara- please see this- Shankara, the First Shankaracharya - The Gold Scales

I have not followed all your posts .. I am trying to get a sense of what your main point is.
What useful thing are you looking for?

If so called spiritual texts are useless to you let them be.

There are many antique shops in the world - I think the items are useless for me so I do not go to those shops.

What are you exactly bothered about and what is your recommendation?

edited out

I am not sure you answered my question. What are you looking for ?

If these are useless for you let them be - you dont have to chant anything. It does not matter whether Christians or Muslims or someone else defined these - why care since it is useless to you?

Why not let people do whatever they want to do - be it chanting Koran or Torah or Slokas/hymns? They are not asking you to recite anything. You and I are free to do whatever we choose to do provided we do not insult or hurt others.

What do you want to gain by making derogatory statements about whatever people do?

What do you want - that is the central question (not what you don't want)?

You have been going out of your way to make insulting statements of people's belief systems even if they do not hurt you! What is bothering you and pushing you to make these statements?

This is a sincere attempt to understand your intentions since you have been freely doling out insults... By asking this I have no vested interest in what you do or do not do. I just care that people be left alone to do what they please provided they are not hurting others.

You are welcome to not believe any of this but it does not mean you can go and say insulting things about what some people may hold dear and sacred. That is unacceptable in any civilized exchange.

Please answer the question - 'what do you want' ? Mature response only please without insults on anyone or any religion or any beliefs

Last edited:
Dear Shri Sangom,Shri Nara,

The fundamental law I am talking about is (physical) energy cannot be destroyed. But I am saying when under the influence of spiritual energy it can be made to vanish because it syncs with the spiritual energy and so disappears from space and time.

What I think would happen is that the physical energy also becomes unchanging when under the influence of spiritual energy, may be by becoming part of or one with the inter connected reality. Such energy loses its force and is also something that cannot be detected. Thus when I say energy can be destroyed I mean it appears to simply vanish from space and time.

Dear Shri Sangom,Shri Nara,

The fundamental law I am talking about is (physical) energy cannot be destroyed. But I am saying when under the influence of spiritual energy it can be made to vanish because it syncs with the spiritual energy and so disappears from space and time.

What I think would happen is that the physical energy also becomes unchanging when under the influence of spiritual energy, may be by becoming part of or one with the inter connected reality. Such energy loses its force and is also something that cannot be detected. Thus when I say energy can be destroyed I mean it appears to simply vanish from space and time.
Sir,
I am totally baffled by your statements.
Physical energy is devoured by black holes, then there is dark matter, and anti matter. What seems to be true (or our knowledge) is limited and evolving.
So science is not standing still.
But what is spiritual energy? Is is analogous to other forms of energy?
And why is pertinent to this thread?

Last edited:
Dear Shri Prasad,

I addressed a question about the truth of vedas raised in this thread. That science evolves is a totally different matter. My point is that if a fundamental law of science can repeatably be proved wrong, there should be a greater law in operation.

Dear Shri Prasad,

I addressed a question about the truth of vedas raised in this thread. That science evolves is a totally different matter. My point is that if a fundamental law of science can repeatably be proved wrong, there should be a greater law in operation.

In science law has its limitations. There is no universal law that is applicable at all time. Gravitational law is limited, so is Einstein's law. Laws are true till it is challenged and proven wrong, and then a new order take over.

Last edited:
Dear Sravna,

Can you tell me the formula of Spiritual Energy?

As far as I know Energy is Energy..I wonder why you divide it into Physical and Spiritual.

I hope you can give me a formula..please do not give me
52c7687643df1c12231b39e324850586.png

Dear Sarang,

For once, I am in complete agreement with what you have written. I used that word "illiterate" to mean 'no formal school education' (as we know education today). The particular pATTi was of course able to recite, by rote, many slokas, songs like 'amman pATTu/periyamman pATTu', etc. But I can't say whether she could read and/or write.
you know sarang ji I believe illiterate population has inherent intelligence and wisdom to make a living if dispossessed of what they have while we middle class with high levels of education would not know how to make a living if we are suddenly given the pink slips. In 2008 when there was downturn in IT ,many professionals lost their bearing and many became alcoholics,suffered depression . some even contemplated suicide,we can love our slum dwellers going by the way they handle their life

In science law has its limitations. There is universal law that is applicable at all time. Gravitational law is limited, so is Einstein's law. Laws are true till it is challenged and proven wrong, and then a new order take over.

Dear Shri Prasad,

It is ok if theories are proven wrong and new theories emerge. But if fundamental laws by which I mean universal laws are proven wrong , the very basis of the field is shaky.Tell me how can a field hope to evolve if it cannot be sure of its fundamentals?

Justifications are made for an abusive word in 'iru kOdugaL thaththuvam'- that is giving the worst word as comparison.

Anyway, the moderator has edited the post # 103, which was not written in appreciation of anyone!

Dear Sravna,

Can you tell me the formula of Spiritual Energy?

As far as I know Energy is Energy..I wonder why you divide it into Physical and Spiritual.

I hope you can give me a formula..please do not give me
52c7687643df1c12231b39e324850586.png

Dear Renuka,

My theory is that physical energy is characterized by force and hence is disintegrating in nature. Spiritual energy on the other hand is integrating. As an example the impact of energy such as the electromagnetic energy on your body has a disintegrating effect whereas the action of spiritual energy has an integrating effect and that is the reason why diseases can be cured using thoughts.

Again in my view there are two ways by which something can disintegrate (i) under the influence of something with kinetic energy and (ii) under the influence of something which has mass. The disintegrating force you experience from physical energy is because of the mass and the speed.

Spiritual energy is something that has no mass and one that transcends motion. The mental energy that is thoughts which emanate from the mind may be spiritual energy or may not be spiritual energy depending upon the nature of the person. If the person is spiritual in nature, it means his thoughts are spiritual in nature. So in the case of a person, the reality from which the spiritual energy emanates is his mind.

Spiritual energy cannot be measured unlike physical energy because it is unchanging in every way and so cannot be represented by a formula.

Last edited:
Justifications are made for an abusive word in 'iru kOdugaL thaththuvam'- that is giving the worst word as comparison.

Anyway, the moderator has edited the post # 103, which was not written in appreciation of anyone!

J generally read the latest post, and might go back only if i need to refresh my memory. Rajiji, How did you know that post#103 was modified? LOL

Hi Renuka,

Let me add to Sravna’s post. Spiritual energy is the mind,soul, Atma, Jiva & Brahman. This is the energy that science has so far not been able to explain. This is called supernatural or paranormal.

For eg, have u noticed that if you think strongly about someone, they also think about you the same time ?. Sometimes you think about them a few mins before they call you & then you end up saying – 100 yrs to you, I was just thinking about u.

So far, science has not been able to explain the lifeforce. What is driving all of us ? what is this consciousness? . what is this “I, me, myself” - how do we get this identity ? what is this dream state ?

So that’s why I keep saying – our Rishis are unmatched Geniuses!!. our so called scientists are yet to formulate the problems here let alone resolve them.

That’s why I keep telling the atheists, come up with your“theory of creation”, I will debate & if reasonable (forget about being proven), I will accept !!

Cheers,

Last edited:
Hi Renuka - I have been researching this for a very long time, will write a post on this shortly - why should we all pray ?, why Idol worship, meaning of prayers and how prayers can bring all the positive energy together & shield all of us from bad untoward incidents etc.. that's why I said, the Vedic chants create a divine wind that protected & continues to protect all of us !!. Cheers,

Hi Renuka - I think it is possible to heal someone automatically by focusing the mind / spiritual energy & our Rishis were able to do that. of course needs to be demonstrated for people to believe. Cheers,

Last edited:
Who is a brahmin? Here's an interesting parable.

Guru Nanak looked at the Brahman and said, “Why do you throw water to the sun?” The priest said proudly, “We throw water to the sun to honor our ancestors, it gives them happiness, blessings and prosperity.” “So, how far away are your ancestors?” Asked the Guru. A man nearby heard this conversation. He had read a lot of books, so he thought he had the right answers to everything. He said, “Our ancestors live thousands and thousands of miles away.”

The Guru started throwing water in the direction away from the sun. He was throwing the water faster and faster now, as though he was putting out a fire. As he splashed the water around, the Brahmans yelled, “STOP, STOP, what are you doing!!?” Guru Nanak was panting from all his splashing. He told them, “I have a farm in the Punjab which is in this direction. My fields really need water, especially at this time of year. If I don’t get this water over to them, my crops might dry up!”

Now they really thought he was totally crazy. One of them asked, “How can water get from here all the way to the Punjab?!” The Guru said, “Well, my farm is much closer than your ancestors. How can water reach your ancestors if it can’t even reach my farm in Punjab?” Well, it was true - his fields were much closer than the ancestors who, according to the Brahmins were thousands and thousands of miles away.

Who is a brahmin? Here's an interesting parable.

Guru Nanak looked at the Brahman and said, “Why do you throw water to the sun?” The priest said proudly, “We throw water to the sun to honor our ancestors, it gives them happiness, blessings and prosperity.” “So, how far away are your ancestors?” Asked the Guru. A man nearby heard this conversation. He had read a lot of books, so he thought he had the right answers to everything. He said, “Our ancestors live thousands and thousands of miles away.”

The Guru started throwing water in the direction away from the sun. He was throwing the water faster and faster now, as though he was putting out a fire. As he splashed the water around, the Brahmans yelled, “STOP, STOP, what are you doing!!?” Guru Nanak was panting from all his splashing. He told them, “I have a farm in the Punjab which is in this direction. My fields really need water, especially at this time of year. If I don’t get this water over to them, my crops might dry up!”

Now they really thought he was totally crazy. One of them asked, “How can water get from here all the way to the Punjab?!” The Guru said, “Well, my farm is much closer than your ancestors. How can water reach your ancestors if it can’t even reach my farm in Punjab?” Well, it was true - his fields were much closer than the ancestors who, according to the Brahmins were thousands and thousands of miles away.

Stupid story ..

Dear Shri Prasad,

Dear sravna,

If a fundamental law of science can repeatedly be proved wrong:

1. A new law which is foolproof will have to be found and will be found.

2. There may not be any law to explain that fundamental truth and humanity will have to wait for the time when a better understanding gives us that law.

3. We can live without that law and nothing will really change because of the proving wrong. Despite our proving, disproving, tampering, experimenting with, misusing, using, inferring from etc., of these laws the reality remains what it is. Is it not so?

These are the three possibilities. Not the possibility you have mentioned -that there should be a greater law in operation. By the way what is great about a law? A law is a law. It is true or false. There is nothing greater or smaller about it. Explain please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back