• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Who is brahmanan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have requested several times not to refer to widowed brahmin woman as 'mo---- pA--i' but one member repeatedly uses the same.

Disgusting! It does not end with that. One illiterate old widow is compared to my father who was outstanding in studies and considered

next to God in our village. And one 'like' clicked for that irritating post! For heavens sake, please stop this.

There is NO NEED to comment about a person whom you have not SEEN
even once in your life time! Thank you.

After attacking RRji foolishly,he cannot expect others to be reasonable with him. If after such an act which he accepts as incorrect.he apologises selectively to RRji and calling others idiots what message he is sending. In most issues he takes up it is either his way or no way. AS I said elsewhere he could only be an Atheist guru some odd balls can put up with

Dear Krish ji,

After reading most post here...I am terribly confused..my mind is spinning and I totally surrender!LOL(Bhagavad Geeta dialogue)

Ok you see Krish ji... I am fairly polite in most of my posts.

You see I wont call you guys a bunch of idiots solely becos I do not belong to the TB community.

When we do not belong to a community there is a certain amount of restrain..but once I wrote some stuff in my own community blog and everyone there got mad with me!LOL

So get what I mean?

Last edited:
HiRenuka,

I am not sure why you are feeling so confused on this ?.

He is a Brahmin baiter for long & his only contribution to this forum is to question/de-ride everything we do.

I said this earlier, if he had NOT de-rided the friendship between RR’s father & wahab by talking about basic human dignity, many of us would have agreed. So basically he is saying RR’s father did not accord basic human dignity by calling him Wahab Iyer !!

So obviously this is unacceptable & given his long history of anti-brahminism, it triggered a strong response from everyone.

Imean, can he go to Christian or Islamic forum & continue to de-ride their religion, philosophy ?

If I abuse you & your community & in the process make a very good point, will you accept it ??

Cheers,

Last edited:
Dear Krish ji,

After reading most post here...I am terribly confused..my mind is spinning and I totally surrender!LOL(Bhagavad Geeta dialogue)

Ok you see Krish ji... I am fairly polite in most of my posts.

You see I wont call you guys a bunch of idiots solely becos I do not belong to the TB community.

When we do not belong to a community there is a certain amount of restrain..but once I wrote some stuff in my own community blog and everyone there got mad with me!LOL

So get what I mean?
I fully see your point . N. is just driven by an ideology. If RRji had said Wahab is a good muslim instead of iyer still he would have found it objectionable. He would have again turned around and said Are other muslims bad. even he would have called her racist and suggested call wahab good human being. See there is never an end to this. He is just preachy. He wants an audience. He can start a blog to propound his views His thoughts can appeal to some neo liberal tamils caught in western countries
You have a lot of sensitivity and may not call some idiots even if they happen to be one since you feel you do not fully belong to TB community. Since you are a member of this forum with spiritual interest in sanskrit scriptures combined with rational thinking of a doctor you comments are likely to be received with a lot of interest and all may not agree with your views. but most will appreciate that a different way of thinking also exists

IfI abuse you & your community & in the process make a very good point,will you accept it ??

Cheers,

Dear JK,

If someone abuses my community..firstly I will stop and think if that person has a valid point?

If he does have a valid point I will accept it cos every community comes with its flaws too and I will thank that person for opening my eyes for something I did not realize. I do not want to be a case of sighted but yet I can not see.

We learn a lot of things when we keep sentiments at bay.

I hope you understand my mind set..accepting the flaws of my community does not make me a traitor or a lesser person.

Sathyam Eva Jayate..so if you have a valid point that is the Truth I will gladly accept it and thank you for it.

HiRenuka,

I am not sure why you are feeling so confused on this ?.

He is a Brahmin baiter for long & his only contribution to this forum is to question/de-ride everything we do.

I said this earlier, if he had NOT de-rided the friendship between RR’s father & wahab by talking about basic human dignity, many of us would have agreed. So basically he is saying RR’s father did not accord basic human dignity by calling him Wahab Iyer !!

So obviously this is unacceptable & given his long history of anti-brahminism, it triggered a strong response from everyone.

Imean, can he go to Christian or Islamic forum & continue to de-ride their religion, philosophy ?

If I abuse you & your community & in the process make a very good point, will you accept it ??

Cheers,

If he goes to Islamic fora, a fatwa will be issued against him promptly for blasphemy. If he goes to Christian fora, he'd be branded a heretic and nailed to the stake. If he goes to other Hindu fora, they will eviscerate him and pickle him.

This is the only forum where most people are weaklings. Hence he finds it convenient to spew venom on the defenseless. Not that I support any community or even claim to belong to any. Just my thoughts, that's all. The so-called poet "Periyardhasan" was an "atheist" who suddenly became "abdulla periyardhasan". He can follow that stellar example. Or alternately, follow Kannadasan's truly stellar example.

I fully see your point . N. is just driven by an ideology. If RRji had said Wahab is a good muslim instead of iyer still he would have found it objectionable. He would have again turned around and said Are other muslims bad. even he would have called her racist and suggested call wahab good human being. See there is never an end to this. He is just preachy. He wants an audience. He can start a blog to propound his views His thoughts can appeal to some neo liberal tamils caught in western countries

Dear Krish ji,

LOL!

In the court of law you post has no Locus Standi!

BTW for a newcomer you surely know lots about the ways of members in Forum..yesterday you asked me how come I managed to quote a Bhagavad Geeta text as a good speed but today I am asking you..how come so fast you know so much yaar about the ways of members in Forum??

Last edited:
:Who is brahmanan

Brahmanyan Uncle,

I now know who a Brahmin is. Agnihotram refers to the act of smoking cigarette and beedi. So anyone who smokes beedi and cigarette is a Brahmin.

Dear Shri Ashwin,

That's a good one. I appreciate the humour in the definition of Agnihotram. But the Agnihotram mentioned in Yuthishtra's answer is different."The texts say that performing this ritual brings welfare to the family. It cures us of diseases and contributes to our mental and physical health. The positive energy it lets out heightens our confidence and strengthens character." You know what benefits of the present day Agnihotram may bring.

Best Wishes,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Dear Krish ji,

LOL!

In the court of law you post has no Locus Standi!

BTW for a newcomer you surely know lots about the ways of members in Forum..yesterday you asked me how come I managed to quote a Bhagavad Geeta text as a good speed but today I am asking you..how come so fast you know so much yaar about the ways of members in Forum??
you know R ji some profiles interest me. I try to read all their old posts to see what they stand for. when anyone posts he puts forward to me a way of thinking. I try to analyse what has made him to respond the way he did.if he goes over board and start hurting simple people or ladies I do react . Also I draw out these personalities to engage them to see their limits. I prefer liberal mindset as a matter of choice as I am a product of such upbringing. They have a natural attraction for me. this explains my interest in Nara ji

Wow...Smitten??

Not Naraji alone,I like kunjuppus posts,I follow incisive posts and comments of bhramanyan. I like many of the younger generation also who are open,critical,less hypocritical and even abusive . I get to know their mindset and ,changing perceptions about modern living

I have requested several times not to refer to widowed brahmin woman as 'mo---- pA--i' but one member repeatedly uses the same.

Disgusting! It does not end with that. One illiterate old widow is compared to my father who was outstanding in studies and considered

next to God in our village. And one 'like' clicked for that irritating post! For heavens sake, please stop this.

There is NO NEED to comment about a person whom you have not SEEN
even once in your life time! Thank you.

Dear RR,

That was disappointing.

I too am against the derogatory term (MP) "mot---pA--i". It disturbs me no end about the times our community has come through. I would join with you in appealing to that member not to use that term in future. That settled, let me move to the rest of your post.

I added the like to Sri Sangom's that post. Leaving the use of the term MP that post essentially brought out a neutral position about the raging issue beautifully and effectively.

You were irritated and were disgusted by that comparison of that "illiterate old widow" to that"outstanding, next to God" dad of you. While I appreciate your love and regard for your dad and also the regard in which he was held by your village people, would you please stop for a moment to think about your words in that post? You have more or less justified Mr. Nara's position of taking offence at simple words said with child-like innocence. When I read Sangom's post I was for a moment stuck by that poor old widow's wonderment at every thing by just relating it to what she knows best-her immediate surroundings, perhaps like a frog in the well. That kind of child-like innocence is rare to come across. If my dad had been compared to that lady I would have felt proud of him. For me that old paatti is an angel. Despite her situation in life, living by selling appalams made with hard labour at home, she was able to wonder at such things. And you have objected to that comparison. We all, I think, accumulate a lot of grievances (about this and that) in life, and suffer from that load for the rest of our life. I have not seen your dad but from the love and regard he enjoyed from his villagers and from you, I gather he must have been like my dad who was in a similar position. But my dad was also like that MP sangom has explained, in his child-like innocence, in his jumping with joy on coming across instances of human excellence however small they may be, in his trying to understand and deal with complicated situations with his limited rustic knowledge about the world, in his contentment with what he had etc., etc., That I think was that MP also. I am proud of my dad, I am proud of that MP also because she perhaps represents the womanhood of my community at large. Please think about. I do not mean any offence. Only a prompting to look at things from a different dhrishtikone. LOL.

I am rather pained to see the change of course of this thread. We may disagree with the contents of some opinions, but should we lose our politeness in our replies? Using abusive language or personal vilification will not help in understanding the subject.

It was Sri Krishna Cahitanya Maha Prabhu who said
"Be more humble than a blade of grass, more tolerant than a tree, always offering respect onto others and never expecting any in return"

I humbly request the members to do some course correction and come back to the subject.
:pray2:
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Dear Vaagmi Sir,

When the person who was called with endearment enjoyed the 'title', I wonder why members here are agitated like this!

Dear Vaagmi Sir,

When the person who was called with endearment enjoyed the 'title', I wonder why members here are agitated like this!

Velai Illadha Barber Poonaiya Pottu Serachanam.. that is how some members in the US are.. velai illai..

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Ashwin,

Pl take my inputs in the right spirit.

In this forum, most of the members (always there are exceptions) are highly religious & focused on exchanging ideas, thoughts, listening to others on Vedas, Upanishads, Advaita/Dvaita, Puranas, Carnatic Music etc.. & of course spending their time on idle chit chat. Some of the members here are close to being authorities on many subjects.

Your posts primarily are focused on beedi’s, alcohol, spirits, barber, valla illai etc.. which are not in good taste !!

Cheers,

Hi Ashwin,

Pl take my inputs in the right spirit.

In this forum, most of the members (always there are exceptions) are highly religious & focused on exchanging ideas, thoughts, listening to others on Vedas, Upanishads, Advaita/Dvaita, Puranas, Carnatic Music etc.. & of course spending their time on idle chit chat. Some of the members here are close to being authorities on many subjects.

Your posts primarily are focused on beedi’s, alcohol, spirits, barber, valla illai etc.. which are not in good taste !!

Cheers,

Dear JK,

We need all sorts of post to keep anything interesting..who wants to be boring and prim and proper 24/7..beedi,beer,dharu sharu,scandalous post,imaginary post..whats wrong yaar?

After all we all do read your unproven research too and find it at times unbelievable and at times factual.

BTW even if anyone is an Authority on anything here I am sure they do have some sense of humor or a crazy side.

So relax and enjoy yaar.

Let the Dapankuttu begin!

[video=youtube_share;QggsVF0DvDU]http://youtu.be/QggsVF0DvDU[/video]

Last edited:
Dear JK,

We need all sorts of post to keep anything interesting..who wants to be boring and prim and proper 24/7..beedi,beer,dharu sharu,scandalous post,imaginary post..whats wrong yaar?

After all we all do read your unproven research too and find it at times unbelievable and at times factual.

BTW even if anyone is an Authority on anything here I am sure they do have some sense of humor or a crazy side.

So relax and enjoy yaar.

Let the Dapankuttu begin!

[video=youtube_share;QggsVF0DvDU]http://youtu.be/QggsVF0DvDU[/video]
After Dapankattu. Naragam [shopping with wife] gachami . Have been reading sanskrit posts in forum

Last edited:
I am sorry to have posted my mail re: Cadaver donation, inadvertantly in this thread. In fact I was composing the mail to add it to my other thread 'cost of funeral' but suddenly I faced power failure. After sometime when the power returned I opened the site again but by mistake opened this thread and in a hurry sent my mail to this thread. sorry for my lapse. However, thanks to Shri Vaagmi for the clarification. I would be more grateful if he could direct me to the relevant Sastra for reference.

thanks and regards

a.sundararaman

I am rather pained to see the change of course of this thread. We may disagree with the contents of some opinions, but should we lose our politeness in our replies? Using abusive language or personal vilification will not help in understanding the subject.

It was Sri Krishna Cahitanya Maha Prabhu who said
"Be more humble than a blade of grass, more tolerant than a tree, always offering respect onto others and never expecting any in return"

I humbly request the members to do some course correction and come back to the subject.
:pray2:
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.
Dear friends,

Please read the above post by Brahmanyan Sir once again.

Let us all respect one another, always. :)

After Dapankattu. Naragam [shopping with wife] gachami . Have been reading sanskrit posts in forum

Why is shopping with wife hell?LOL

Do as I do..when I go to a shopping mall..I go where I want..husband goes where he wants and once we are both done with our shopping we give each other a call and meet up and one point to go home...but we shop for groceries and vegetables together..other stuff we do separate shopping so that no one feels bored to death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back