• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Tambrahms to become extinct by 2035

Status
Not open for further replies.
..... We have many old fools in the TB community who think if they memorize some Sanskrit verses they are wise. They are unable to provide guidance to younger generation based on timeless principles. This is driving away many youngsters to feel any sense of connection to the TB culture. This can be fixed only when older generation who care to get themselves properly educated first.

... and out of proportion presence in this forum too :) :) HA HA

I was not born in Tn nor have I ever lived in TN. I am born to a tamil Brahmin couple who migrated out of TN in early 1900.
So please explain to me who or what is becoming extinct?
Like tksji writes:
The world we live is in constant change - some changes are noticeable in nano seconds or less (with right instruments) and some changes are noticeable over millions of years. The civilization as we know it is about 10000 years in a universe that is estimated to be 14 Billion years old. So communities will come and go in a 'blink of an eye' judging by time scales of the universe- all communities will become extinct at some point and there is nothing anyone can do about this . Even in the last few thousand years great civilizations and religions that were once dominant are extinct now.

What are we lamenting?

what vacuum? as if we mattered and filled something. we have chased nara away and there are no more sane voices here :)

True. Nara was also a Brahmin. Brahmin shooes away brahmin. Non-brahmin shooes away brahmin. By vacuum, I meant the "scriptures" won't disappear with Brahmins. Others will start interpreting. Hence the extinction of Brahmins will be like a rash. It will stay for a couple of days and then all will be well.

True. Nara was also a Brahmin. Brahmin shooes away brahmin. Non-brahmin shooes away brahmin. By vacuum, I meant the "scriptures" won't disappear with Brahmins. Others will start interpreting. Hence the extinction of Brahmins will be like a rash. It will stay for a couple of days and then all will be well.

Dear Ash,

I do not understand the source of hatred towards the brahmins. If they treated the other castes badly so are the white people guilty of treating the blacks as slaves. Are the white people hated in the same way? I do not think so. I think there should be other reasons for the hate towards the brahmins. I would guess it is the case that people really think they are superior.

Dear Ash,

I do not understand the source of hatred towards the brahmins. If they treated the other castes badly so are the white people guilty of treating the blacks as slaves. Are the white people hated in the same way? I do not think so. I think there should be other reasons for the hate towards the brahmins. I would guess it is the case that people really think they are superior.

Dear Sir,

Within the microcosm of this forum at least, people like Nara were a breath of stale air. They made you pause and ponder a moment. Now we have only fresh air left. You just move on in a metronomic fashion.

Let people hate brahmins. Many brahmins almost invariably make it good abroad, even at the cost of 'diluting' their lineage. But brahmins are survivors, they'll survive as 'brahmins' or whatever else they may be called at that point.

I got this Tambrapatrika which is in pdf form...Please refer to the editorial in this emagazine...I think this refers to the Palgat Iyers..Same is applicable to Tamil Nadu Brahmin group also

I had raised this issue in this forum several times..We can still discuss one more time

View attachment 3356

STATUS OF BRAHMINS

As usual, once again, we discuss about problems being faced by Brahmin Community. Let us analyze:

Palghat Brahmins

Iyers, predominantly from Tanjore and Trichy (all the four sub sects) districts moved to Kerala and settled in Palghat for livelihood. They are not native Kerala Brahmins. They moved to Kerala, from there returned to TN, went to other parts of India and abroad; similar to Telugu Brahmins in Tanjore District, who went to AP two or three centuries ago and returned to TN again when Telugu rulers came to TN; by that time their mother tongue has also changed; one of them happened to be the popular Carnatic Music Composer Thiagaraja.

Kerala is a secular State; 40% of the population comprises of Christians and Muslims, and Communism is deep rooted. NBs have their own associations and are very successful. Therefore, there is no surprise in Brahmins finding it difficult to survive there and once again started moving.

Tamil Speaking Brahmins

Tamil Brahmins are living under utter confusion with no proper understanding.

There must be a radical change in the systems of TN Brahmins. For this, we require:

* ******* must bring in young and energetic people, both male and female
* frequent contacts among the community members to share thoughts
* Sankara Mutts and Jeer Mutts must sit together and evolve a common procedure, which is acceptable to both, to bring full fledged unity among Iyers and Iyengars.
* to encourage Brahmins boys marrying NB girls.
* simplification of existing procedures
* to recite slogas in mother tongue instead of Sanskrit to have more acceptance and evince interest
* adoption of poor children from other community

Will this happen? God only knows.

hi

Sankara Mutts and Jeer Mutts must sit together and evolve a common procedure, which is acceptable to both, to bring full fledged unity among Iyers and Iyengars.

nice day dreams.................good for thought........its happening now...i wont deny......but a miillion dollar question?....

Dear Sir,

Within the microcosm of this forum at least, people like Nara were a breath of stale air. They made you pause and ponder a moment. Now we have only fresh air left. You just move on in a metronomic fashion.

Let people hate brahmins. Many brahmins almost invariably make it good abroad, even at the cost of 'diluting' their lineage. But brahmins are survivors, they'll survive as 'brahmins' or whatever else they may be called at that point.

Dear Ash,

Brahmins are indeed survivors. But to survive one needs to accept, that foresight is needed. This foresight has helped brahmins in the past and will continue to help them. The faithful ones not only adapt but also preserve what really define them.

hi

Sankara Mutts and Jeer Mutts must sit together and evolve a common procedure, which is acceptable to both, to bring full fledged unity among Iyers and Iyengars.

nice day dreams.................good for thought........its happening now...i wont deny......but a miillion dollar question?....

Not sure if this is implementable..How about our Girls marrying NB boys..

It would then make the leadership of Mutts untenable

I was not born in Tn nor have I ever lived in TN. I am born to a tamil Brahmin couple who migrated out of TN in early 1900.
So please explain to me who or what is becoming extinct?
Like tksji writes:

What are we lamenting?
prasad ji
nobody is becoming extinct least of all tamil or palghat brahmins. brahmins leaving their roots are slowly adapting to communities surrounding them and intermarrying finding matches speaking other languages,from other castes ,religion and race and perhaps becoming more liberal in practise of religion and rituals associated with their religion.probably ths is a good change and we should welcome it instead of lamenting over it

Last edited:
Not sure if this is implementable..How about our Girls marrying NB boys..

It would then make the leadership of Mutts untenable
hi
im against marriage with NB boys completely....no doubt abt it....but if i say ...i dont like it....does not mean its not happening.....?

even many brahmin supporting it openly now a days....can we stop it?,,,,,,

Dear Ash, I do not understand the source of hatred towards the brahmins. If they treated the other castes badly so are the white people guilty of treating the blacks as slaves. Are the white people hated in the same way? I do not think so. I think there should be other reasons for the hate towards the brahmins. I would guess it is the case that people really think they are superior.
My dear Sravna, The black people in my sincere opinion will never, never forget or forgive the whites for what all they did in the slavery days; similarly, the native Americans whom we used to denote by the word "red Indians" will never be able to forget or forgive the foreign invaders for the almost complete extinction of their various tribes. But in both the cases, the aggrieved parties are weak and the former are disorganised too due to their tribal affiliations. The White people even today do not consider the black people as their equals, although much efforts are being made to give a sham facade as though everything is hunky dory in the western world and so on. (Some of our "more pious than god" type of PIO members may start screaming at my words, but the reality is unless one group is completely exterminated, the hatred will lie dormant and, if fate so wills, such hatred will explode when the conditions become supportive for such a thing to happen.)

we have chased nara away and there are no more sane voices here :)

Quite a remark which by its admission would render the voice of its author insane.

Nevertheless, this would tantamount, in my opinion, to a baseless, sweeping allegation on the members of this forum. Extremist view.

:) :)

Absolutely, like how you shooed away and exposed Vaagmi's PM to the world.

I don't understand why you have a problem with that. Vaagmi's posting was obscene and profane. He can air his views in other forums which might suit his style.

Nara was different. As I already said, he was a breath of smelly air. Makes you notice and ponder. We only have the sugary sweet ones in these forums nowadays. Acerbic comments are also part of healthy discourse.

hi
im against marriage with NB boys completely....no doubt abt it....but if i say ...i dont like it....does not mean its not happening.....?

even many brahmin supporting it openly now a days....can we stop it?,,,,,,

your children are in the usa and uk. what is the probablity of them marrying tambram boys? or tambram girls?

i happen to know countless folks who insisted on 'purity' and mocked others when the others' children marryied out of castecommunitylanguagerace. only to eat their hats and pride when their own children did the same. just look around you and watch how many tambram children in usa marry within tambram community. and how many really follow any tambram rituals albeit whitewashed.

those are portents of things to come in each family. many a hard and prejudiced heart has changed when the daughter gives ultimatum to marry a north indian or a white. the father is happy to oblige, and relieved that the daughter did not opt for a muslim. such is reality.

people living abroad, i think, should be more progressive to realities.

Quite a remark which by its admission would render the voice of its author insane.

Nevertheless, this would tantamount, in my opinion, to a baseless, sweeping allegation on the members of this forum. Extremist view.

:) :)

To certain individuals, who only like someone to beat them with a belt, to such S&M aficionado, the departure of their master is a big thing. Strange choices.

scriptures wont disappear. it is no longer a brahmin exclusivity, the exclusvity with which we lorded over a lot of other castes. had we encouraged the spread of the vedas, maybe we would have been respected. but we had to keep it exclusive.

we brahmins, afaik, have not interpreted the vedas to the benefit of the world. it has been to the benefit of the community, and over milleniums we have conveniently changed the practices to suit the times. no longer we ask for the choicest cut of cow or horse meat, after a yajna, but instead, go for sambaavanais, which the market will bear.

interpretations from others than brahmins, will be like a breath of fresh air. ambedkar has done a great job. would you deny him to read the vedas? in the peshwa times, his tongue would have been cut off and lead poured into his ears. so people now wonder, why others hate the brahmins.

Tamil Brahmins are living under utter confusion with no proper understanding..

dont know what this means. very vague and appears illiterally prejudiced beyond comprehension.

to encourage Brahmins boys marrying NB girls.
* simplification of existing procedures
* to recite slogas in mother tongue instead of Sanskrit to have more acceptance and evince interest
* adoption of poor children from other community

Will this happen? God only knows.

agree with all of the above.

l
K sir it may be too much for a TB to put up with a liberal voice from a self confessed atheist. I am surprised that you are expecting it from from a tambrahm community from tamilnadu with no exposure to alien influences.many of us who have drifted away from south india have been influencd by liberal thought due to people we have to transact with frequently others may not have got the oppurtunity

K sir When it comes to marriage why do you think it is no No when it is a muslim . white christian is ok with them. are tbs not progressive when it is a muslim.btw I have one in my extended family who is tryng to find peace and security in canada after failing to get the same in india

I don't understand why you have a problem with that. Vaagmi's posting was obscene and profane. He can air his views in other forums which might suit his style.

Nara was different. As I already said, he was a breath of smelly air. Makes you notice and ponder. We only have the sugary sweet ones in these forums nowadays. Acerbic comments are also part of healthy discourse.

I have a different view...No doubt Nara was brilliant in non religious stuff..The moment he stepped on to the religion, he was irreverent, impious and blasphemous

The website is for the Tambrahms who range from very religious, pious to those who are not following rituals but not irreverent to religion, to those who are agnostic, question scriptures but are not blasphemous..Enter the 4th category who are atheistic; profane, bashing and offensive about the Hindu scriptures, condemning brahminism on every opportunity in any thread

The fourth category by being very vociferous made the first category (who are a majority) run away from the site, the second category squirm in their seats, the third category being neglected or side lined or being completely take over by the fourth category

I suppose we will now have a good mix catering to the taste of the first 3 and work for the real upliftment of Tambrahms

May be the 4th category can seek shelter at a dedicated site for atheists

The fate and progress of a community is decided not by the emigrees, but by those who stay put and fight. There are plenty of pockets which will ensure that continuity is maintained.

All through history. invaders and occupiers have worked hard to eliminate, convert or absorb brahmins in their fold. It has not worked and will not work in future too. For every brahmin emigree who has developed a disdain for brahmins and their way of life, there is one returnee from the north-north hemisphere with heightened interest in native practices. Only last week two speakers (with enough western living and exposure) in a management seminar recounted this. One said that how his palakakad brahmin upbringing shaped his ideas and the other, how he renounced his jnu values after he was given the complete works of swami vivekananda in a us university conference. No one is now shy of saying he is a brahmin.

Distractors are only irritants; they cannot achieve anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back