• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Divorce rearing its ugly head among Tambrahms

Status
Not open for further replies.
This post is specially for J J Ji! ;)

புதிய பாதை!

கற்பென்ப ஏனை பணிவென்ப இவ்விரண்டும்
எதற்கென்பாள் புரட்சிப் பெண். :hippie:

பத்தினியைப் புகழ்ந்தால் கிட்டும் பட்டம்
பத்தாம் பசலி என. :loco:

கற்பு பத்தினி புகழ் இதெல்லாம் ஆண் அதிகாரம் கை எடுத்த அஸ்தரம்-thrust on them.பெண் பால் புலவரே எதிர்த்து குரல் எழுப்புங்கள் . மதிக்கப்படுவீர்.-முப்பாலில் (புது ஆண்) அதிகாரத்தில் குறள் பாேட்டால்?

Dear Raghy Sir,

I wrote that new kuraL because those who write about chastity are branded as 'paththAm pasali' by some learned members here! :)

No derth of learned members here! Another learned member's derogatory analogy ! Calls woman 'Stepney' justifying ரெட்டை வால் குருவி - all கார்s should have 'Stepney' for emergencies cleverly suggesting ஆத்துக்கார & ஐயங்கார் !

கற்பு பத்தினி புகழ் இதெல்லாம் ஆண் அதிகாரம் கை எடுத்த அஸ்தரம்-thrust on them.பெண் பால் புலவரே எதிர்த்து குரல் எழுப்புங்கள் . மதிக்கப்படுவீர்.-முப்பாலில் (புது ஆண்) அதிகாரத்தில் குறள் பாேட்டால்?
புது ஆண்?? பழைய ஆண் வர்க்கம் ம்ட்டும் என்ன வாழ்ந்ததாம்?? :lol:

'ஆண்களின் பேராண்மை பிறன் மனை நோக்காமை', என்றார் திருவள்ளுவர். அதற்கும் ஒரு அதிகாரம்!

எத்தனை பேர் செவிமடுத்தார்களாம்? பரத்தையர் இனத்தை விழையவில்லையா, அக்கால ஆண்கள்? :hug:

No derth of learned members here! Another learned member's derogatory analogy ! Calls woman 'Stepney' justifying ரெட்டை வால் குருவி - all கார்s should have 'Stepney' for emergencies cleverly suggesting ஆத்துக்கார & ஐயங்கார் !
OMG! J J Ji. I did NOT recommend stepney! :nono:

What I wrote was in those movies, only men were shown to have stepneys; not women.

I does not mean that I accept males to have stepney! No way!

ஆண்களுக்கும் கற்பு வேண்டும்; வேண்டும்; வேண்டும்! :moony:

புது ஆண்?? பழைய ஆண் வர்க்கம் ம்ட்டும் என்ன வாழ்ந்ததாம்?? :lol:

'ஆண்களின் பேராண்மை பிறன் மனை நோக்காமை', என்றார் திருவள்ளுவர். அதற்கும் ஒரு அதிகாரம்!

எத்தனை பேர் செவிமடுத்தார்களாம்? பரத்தையர் இனத்தை விழையவில்லையா, அக்கால ஆண்கள்? :hug:

Men are Men always! will cut no ice - Don't lament in despair Make them realise ரெட்ட வால் is not acceptable கண்ணகி brand ambassador of கற்பு can never do it like Lakshmi - with the most effective weapon - pay back on his own coin!

'புதிய பாதை'யைப் பெண்கள் தேர்ந்தெடுத்தால்............

இந்தச் சமூகம் மிகவும் கெட்டுவிடும், ஜா ஜ அவர்களே!! :frusty:

Eppozhuthu kedavallai enru yaar maar thattukirarkal.

Bharathiyaar kai thattukirar indha pudumai penkalukaha.

Samooham ethai nichayam varaverkum.

ஐயா கிருஷ்ணன் அவர்களே!

பாரதியார் சொன்ன புதுமைப் பெண்கள், நீங்கள் நினைக்கும் வகையில் இல்லை! :nono:

இந்தப் பாடலைக் கேட்டதே இல்லையா?

(பெண்கள் அல்ல; ஐயகோ! பெண்கள் அல்ல; இவர்களை நான் பெண்ணென்று எப்படிச் சொல்ல?

நான் சொன்ன புதுமைப் பெண் இப்படி அல்ல!

அறிவைத்தானே கூட்டச் சொன்னேன், அம்மம்மா! ஆடையை நானா குறைக்கச் சொன்னேன்?

அடிமைத்தனத்தைச் சாடச் சொன்னேன்; அடக்கம் விட்டா ஓடச் சொன்னேன்?)

புதுமைப் பெண்கள்???? - இல் 'க்ளிக்' செய்து கேட்கவும்! :music:

புதுமைப் பெண்கள்????

கற்பு என்பது பெண்கள் தலை மேலே/ இடுப்பின் கீழே சமூகம் ஏற்றிய சுமை without their consent கற்பியல் is to curb their freedom of choice - And to gauge the state of சமூகம் on the parameters of கற்பு of women by a "Vaginal" Barometer is sexual assault by the society on women!

System கெட்டு பாேச்சு ! Raji(ni) அவர்களே !

புதுமைப் பெண்கள்???? - இல் 'க்ளிக்' செய்து கேட்கவும்!

புதுமைப் பெண்கள்????

(#post433)

Lakshmi video கிளிக் செய்து பாருங்கள் பாரதியின் நிலைப்பாடு புரியும்!

Agreed that even though Kovalan was not a chaste man he was still entitled to a fair trial.

But was Kannagi " chaste" totally?
Is Chastity merely the body?

What about the mind?

Kannagi was experiencing grief and anger and she could not control her anger..knowing very well how ones heart bleeds during grief yet she inflicted pain and death on others who were not related to her husbands case at all.

She should have demanded justice from the King without becoming a mass murderer arsonist.

Making exceptions that children..chaste women ..cows and brahmins be spared from fire is no big deal cos that must be the writers imagination to prevent Kannagi from commiting the forbidden Hatya!

But what about others who died?
Non Brahmin men..other animals..unchaste women?

If her unchaste husband was entitled to fair trial becos the case was unjust killing then isnt the death by fire inflicted upon non brahmin men..unchaste women and other animals too unjust killing?

How come Kannagi could not feel pain for others and grief for other families when she herself was undergoing grief?

Is this "Chastity"?
Zero level of compassion?

Elsewhere in the Puranas..Renuka Devi mother of Parashurama gets beheaded for merely admiring a Gandharva.

So it shows chastity has a mind component too.

Therefore one is ONLY TOTALLY chaste if MIND and BODY is chaste from any thoughts that violate code and conduct of the time and place.

Atma is always chaste..so thats not really a problem here.

So Kannagi?

No compassion..commited Arson..killed others unfairly.."Chaste"?
Killing is immoral.

Chastity is from the Latin word Castus..meaning morally pure.

If going by the definition that chastity is being morally pure..it goes without saying that it has a Thought..Word and Deed component then I guess hardly a few humans in this world are " Chaste".

Oh.. Wow! just look at the energy flowing in this message!

Kovalan...

Most of the times, it is lady who makes a successful man. Kovalan was one such person.

What is chastity? Raghy is the last person to talk about chastity. Raghy does not mind " your children and my children are playing with our children" situation. Majority of Raghy's colleagues are girls.

Seriously, chastity is subjective.

How could Kannagi kill all those innocent persons?

This where Ilango Adigal made others to think. He put forward two girls... Kannagi and Madhavi. He designed his story such that, as a reaction for loosing Kovalan permanently, Kanngi reacted which was rajasic.... while Madhavi reacted which was Saatvic.

A Rajasic person will not be empathetic to others sufferings and feelings. Kannagi burned Madhurai.

Is Atma chaste?

My Atma and your Atma are the same... My atma a piece of Paramatma... and so is yours.. My atma can join your atma anytime I like.... Atma is beyond this stupid Victorian chastity....

So, the chastity we talk is applicable only to the body... flesh... If a girl got raped, had she lost her chastity? All men should say "no".

I don't really like to dwell more deeper in this subject. I hope you understand.

Now about Renuka....

Parasurama beheaded his mother only because he was asked by his father Jamadagni... Why Jamadagni didn't behead his wife? He knew he could not do it... She was not at fault...

Renuka... I will leave that with a question mark... Padavedu... My village worshipped Renuka.. My attachment with Renuka goes back to pre-teen years..

Last edited:
Agreed..Madhavi was chaste too since she was spared from the fire...or was it becos she was pregnant with Kovalan being the sperm donor!
The fire was also not supposed to kill pregnant females.
But isnt it weird?

Madhavi was singing about another male..thats why Kovalan left her.

But yet fire didnt burn her even though her mind was not fixed on Kovalan alone.

But Renuka Devi got beheaded for looking at a Gandharva.

Kya justice system yaar?

I guess Rishi Patni Dharma is different?
A courtesan need not be faithful to just one male?

Btw..was it Madhavi who became a Buddhist nun or was it her daughter Manimegalai?

Kovalan left Madhavi when he realised wealth was taken away from Kannagi... Sadly, Madhavi did not know about that either..

Kovalan did not really suspect Madhavi's attachment to him... He took it for granted . and Madhavi was attached too..

It's quite possible, Madhavi was in a safe spot so that she was not affected by the fire... that doesn't matter... Kovalan Loved Kannagi and Madhavi too... Madhavi knew Kovalan loved Kannagi and still loved Kovalan..

Again about Renuka... My village worships Renuka. End of story.

I think Madhavi joined Buddhism.. and became a nun or monk.. whatever was appropriate...

Last edited:
This post is degenerating and has lost its purpose.
We generally do not moderate a thread, but we may be forced.
So a final warning.
Keep your post clean assume a child may be reading it.
Keep to the topic.

Instead of having an unhappy , incompatible life together it seems to be better to get divorced and go in their own way. But divorce after be getting kids creates a lot of problems not only to the couple but also to the hapless children who are shaken psychologically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back