• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Divorce rearing its ugly head among Tambrahms

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. This will never happen in my family circle because they will not see this film is நெ ருப்புக்காேழி syndrome. -
2. Can you vouch people who are not allowed to see this film are கண்ணகிs -
3. Censor is not the solution - I don't live in a fools paradise!
1. I can spot the anger in your words, when it comes to family!

To take short films like this is like opening Tasmac in every street and ask people NOT to drink, because it is bad for health! :lol:

2. You didn't get me correctly, J J Ji. People being Kannagis or Madhavis depend on their bringing up and outlook in life.

What I point out is NOT to advocate such ideas in short films. Did you miss the triumphant smile on the heroine's face, after

adulteration? Will this NOT give wrong ideas to youngsters?

3. Censor has to be there. Many rapes happen in the society. Can we accept, if everything is shown in detail? :nono:

P.S: Now a days, even kids are NOT spared by the rowdies. So, it is very essential to teach the girl children,

what is good touch and what is bad touch. This is the duty of the parents. YES!

Close all Tasmac shops. You will have , Traff Jam in OMR and east coast road ! Go ahead paste a new குறள் -
கள்உள்ளாமை on every bottle - may create some awareness!

Smile on the face after adulteration - it is smile of satisfaction after Revenge Parno!

Censor is no solution !

Assassination is extreme form of Censorship - Bernard Shaw

Perumal Murugan was assaninated as an author - Deepika will have nose cut off Bhansali carries 5 crores on his head!

I think I have written more than enough in this thread! :)

No more discussions on "Lakshmi - the Great!!". :tape:

All censorships exist to prevent anyone from challenging current conceptions and existing institutions. All progress is initiated by challenging current conceptions, and executed by supplanting existing institutions. Consequently, the first condition of progress is the removal of censorship.” -- Shaw

I don't wish to ponder over such messages, J J Ji. :)
There are lot more nice messages to ponder over, in life! :decision:

FYKI, I did NOT press the panic button in the other thread; someone else did.

Since the posts were deleted, my replies were NOT necessary and hence I myself deleted them. :typing:

I was surprised to see that no one reacted, in spite of so many views!! :cool:

Idea! Why not post an another அதிகாரம் - சிலப்பதிகாரம் - with better messages like ,கற்பு from கண்ணகி than Lakshmi ! all in my favourite ragas!

https://youtu.be/4tQ7AM8_sfU

தேரா மன்னா செப்புவது கேள் !

Last edited:
Our typical trait is blocking what is widely prevalent in society and feign ignorance about what is happening right under ones nose.

We would like to quote and glorify kannagi and her karpu and feel complacent .

Facing realities around us should not give senior citizen heart attacks.

We are in 21st century and not in sangam era.

Our typical trait is blocking what is widely prevalent in society and feign ignorance about what is happening right under ones nose.

We would like to quote and glorify kannagi and her karpu and feel complacent .

Facing realities around us should not give senior citizen heart attacks.

We are in 21st century and not in sangam era.

All chastity talk is only for females.
Kovalan was not a chaste man yet Kannagi commited Arson and caused the death of so many people.

Just imagine if Kannagi was the cheating spouse..do you think Kovalan would have commited Arson for her if she was sentenced to death?

Chastity is always over rated when it comes to females.

When it comes to males they can lodge their organs anywhere and yet considered great.

Kannagi did not commit arson due to Kovalan's chastity... She sincerely thought he was killed unjustly and went on burning the place... So goes the story.. Kovalan's chastity was not a factor...

If Kannagi was a cheating spouse, Kovalan would not have commited arson. As I said earlier, commitment of arson was not connected to chastity...

I agree with Raghy Sir.

Burning Madurai is because of the injustice of the King.

BTW, Kannagi could do the feat because she was chaste.

Kovalan would not have had the power to :flame: the city. ;)

One important point to note in that story though.

Kannagi was not the heroine.

It was Madhavi who was the heroine. Madhavi had just one partner. When Kovalan left, Madhavi became a Buddhist Saint. She did not allow any other partner.....

If Kannagi had the power, so did Madhavi...

This post is specially for J J Ji! ;)

புதிய பாதை!

கற்பென்ப ஏனை பணிவென்ப இவ்விரண்டும்
எதற்கென்பாள் புரட்சிப் பெண். :hippie:

பத்தினியைப் புகழ்ந்தால் கிட்டும் பட்டம்
பத்தாம் பசலி என. :loco:

Madhavi was chaste too, with single partner, Raghy Sir.

But, Kannagi is the heroine of the story and she flies to heaven in a 'pushpaka vimAnam', at the end of the story.
:plane:

This post is specially for J J Ji! ;)

புதிய பாதை!

பத்தினியைப் புகழ்ந்தால் கிட்டும் பட்டம்
பத்தாம் பசலி என. :loco:

Seriously? Madhavi was a Pathini too. Just because she was born to a sex worker, her chastity can not be ignored...

Seriously? Madhavi was a Pathini too. Just because she was born to a sex worker, her chastity can not be ignored...
Dear Raghy Sir,

I wrote that new kuraL because those who write about chastity are branded as 'paththAm pasali' by some learned members here! :)

Dear Raghy Sir,

I wrote that new kuraL because those who write about chastity are branded as 'paththAm pasali' by some learned members here! :)

Every man should realise, it is always the woman who make them what they are. There is nothing pleasurable than hugging one's wife and say few words to comfort her.

If you don't have a wife... if you are never married, help yourself, get one... if you were married and don't have one, all I can say is.... sorry to hear of that.

Not only Indian women, also Caucasian, maori, Australian Aboriginal and few other cultures consider chastity as a virtue.

I salute the women in general.

Particularly in the Tamil Brahmin Community, if not for the women, the men would be nothing.

I know. I a grew up in Tamil Brahmin home.

Madhavi was chaste too, with single partner, Raghy Sir.

But, Kannagi is the heroine of the story and she flies to heaven in a 'pushpaka vimAnam', at the end of the story.
:plane:

Okay... Madhavis earned respect from simple minded persons like me.....

Value system does matter. Values are picked up in the path travelled by us.

The movie was not fit for universal audience viewing it.

It was fit for adults only to be viewed in private.

A woman and a man live together within the bounds of a family because they attach value to that kind of living and it is a voluntary choice.

Otherwise it will be the story of "your children" and "my children" playing with "our children" madness.

The world will be a place of bastards, unconcerned and non committal dads and confused and harried moms.

Street corner shops will be selling ovulation strips instead of pan and cigarettes.

Mothers will be telling their teenage daughters to remember to carry the pack of condoms when ever they go out with friends.

It will become a mad mad mad world.

Man is a social animal. Not a lone wolf.

Ofcourse there will be frustrations, temptations, Serpants(read Satan) to tempt to eat the forbidden fruit. And there will be a few unfortunate beings falling a prey to hormones and circumstances. But that is not the rule. That will be only an exception.

And it is in everybody's interest to maintain it that way. Both men and women owe it to each other.

Kannagi did not commit arson due to Kovalan's chastity... She sincerely thought he was killed unjustly and went on burning the place... So goes the story.. Kovalan's chastity was not a factor...

If Kannagi was a cheating spouse, Kovalan would not have commited arson. As I said earlier, commitment of arson was not connected to chastity...

Agreed that even though Kovalan was not a chaste man he was still entitled to a fair trial.

But was Kannagi " chaste" totally?
Is Chastity merely the body?

What about the mind?

Kannagi was experiencing grief and anger and she could not control her anger..knowing very well how ones heart bleeds during grief yet she inflicted pain and death on others who were not related to her husbands case at all.

She should have demanded justice from the King without becoming a mass murderer arsonist.

Making exceptions that children..chaste women ..cows and brahmins be spared from fire is no big deal cos that must be the writers imagination to prevent Kannagi from commiting the forbidden Hatya!

But what about others who died?
Non Brahmin men..other animals..unchaste women?

If her unchaste husband was entitled to fair trial becos the case was unjust killing then isnt the death by fire inflicted upon non brahmin men..unchaste women and other animals too unjust killing?

How come Kannagi could not feel pain for others and grief for other families when she herself was undergoing grief?

Is this "Chastity"?
Zero level of compassion?

Elsewhere in the Puranas..Renuka Devi mother of Parashurama gets beheaded for merely admiring a Gandharva.

So it shows chastity has a mind component too.

Therefore one is ONLY TOTALLY chaste if MIND and BODY is chaste from any thoughts that violate code and conduct of the time and place.

Atma is always chaste..so thats not really a problem here.

So Kannagi?

No compassion..commited Arson..killed others unfairly.."Chaste"?
Killing is immoral.

Chastity is from the Latin word Castus..meaning morally pure.

If going by the definition that chastity is being morally pure..it goes without saying that it has a Thought..Word and Deed component then I guess hardly a few humans in this world are " Chaste".

Last edited:
One important point to note in that story though.

Kannagi was not the heroine.

It was Madhavi who was the heroine. Madhavi had just one partner. When Kovalan left, Madhavi became a Buddhist Saint. She did not allow any other partner.....

If Kannagi had the power, so did Madhavi...

Agreed..Madhavi was chaste too since she was spared from the fire...or was it becos she was pregnant with Kovalan being the sperm donor!
The fire was also not supposed to kill pregnant females.

But isnt it weird?

Madhavi was singing about another male..thats why Kovalan left her.

But yet fire didnt burn her even though her mind was not fixed on Kovalan alone.

But Renuka Devi got beheaded for looking at a Gandharva.

Kya justice system yaar?

I guess Rishi Patni Dharma is different?
A courtesan need not be faithful to just one male?

Btw..was it Madhavi who became a Buddhist nun or was it her daughter Manimegalai?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back