• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Tambrahms

Status
Not open for further replies.
good one janaki. madras musings is simply awesome fortnightly for anyone interested about madras (not chennai). s. muthiah going on 80+ still manages to pump out charming articles along with a coterie of well versed and gifted essayists.

i wonder how many in this august forum would agree with the conclusion of the author of the article, viz 'They are still the world's best second-rate men.''. second rate? us? :) :)

JJ Ji

Nice one. Thanks for sharing this.

I like this:
"On a cold day, when health fire is on, the best position to occupy is the place that is neither two near nor too far. If you are two near, you might got singed, if you are too far, you would not get the necessary warmth."

..... 'They are still the world's best second-rate men.''. second rate? us?

This is the kind of statement only a second-rate tambrahm journalist can make without taking the efforts to check out.
I give below four first-rate top-class tambrahms that I know of. Members may kindly add to the list if you can.

Sathamangalam Ranga Iyengar Srinivasa Varadhan FRS (born 2 January 1940) is known for his fundamental contributions to probability theory and in particular for creating a unified theory of large deviations.Since 2009 he has been one of the Jury Chairs for the Infosys Prize in the discipline of Mathematical Sciences. Srinivasa Varadhan is at Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences at New York University Professor of Mathematics, winner of the Abel Prize (Maths Nobel Prize) and Steele Prize.
PS: He also happens to be my batch mate at Presidency College, Chennai

attachment.php

-----------------------------------------------------------
attachment.php

SUNDAR PICHAI

attachment.php

--------------------------------------------------
SUBRAH IYAR

attachment.php

Attachments

• sundar pichai.GIF
    sundar pichai.GIF
    25 KB · Views: 386
  • subra suresh.GIF
    subra suresh.GIF
    11.2 KB · Views: 374
  • subra iyar.jpg
    subra iyar.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 396
  • srinivasa varadhan.GIF
    srinivasa varadhan.GIF
    40 KB · Views: 465
Last edited:
someone talked of a bell shaped curve and normal distribution . he also talked of 90 percent average and not the exceptions above.there may be more exceptions. that does not alter the basic perceptions.

someone talked of a bell shaped curve and normal distribution . he also talked of 90 percent average and not the exceptions above.there may be more exceptions. that does not alter the basic perceptions.

To a large extent yes!

There are few who are brilliant and have excelled in their professions!

But 90% are normal!

We are good at following laid out policies and procedures and will hesitate to deviate!

That is the reason we had at one point of time the largest number of clerks in the community..

This has now yielded space to the coders which is another favorite profession of the community

Also we have turned out to be good project managers...That's a good profession and with deep pockets!

Emotions do not alter facts.

facts???? It is mere perception.

I reproduce below a portion of the article for reference:

"What follows is one man's perception, necessarily subjective, of the defining qualities of this 'representative' Tamil Brahmin."

P.S: Some have the tendency to jumping into ignorant rant wagon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember Seshan catagorised Tamil brahmins into 4 Cs - Clerks Carnatic Musicians Clerks and Crooks!!

JJ JI,

Why Seshan? By virtue of your own experience and association with Tamil Brahmins, you yourself can very well categorise them.

மனிதர்களில் எத்தனை நிறங்கள் !!

But they are all unique as has been mentioned in the article.:)

jj ji is very kind .

she does not categorise brahmins of this forum.

many may not pass her scrutiny

JJ Ji is very kind. Agreed.

How do you say that she does not categorise brahmins of this forum?

Do you know mind reading?

And what do you mean by your statement that many may not pass her scrutiny?

Could you please be more elaborate on this.

Otherwise, I will have to treat the above posting as one of your usual blabberings.

Seshan made politicians dread election commission single handedly. He once wrote a scathing 39 page report in long hand behind the locked door of his, perhaps because, he did not trust his staff. A nice sticker, no nonsense tambram.

I remember Seshan categorized Tamil brahmins into 4 Cs - Clerks Carnatic Musicians Clerks and Crooks!!

JJ Ji is very kind. Agreed.

How do you say that she does not categorise brahmins of this forum?

Do you know mind reading?

And what do you mean by your statement that many may not pass her scrutiny?

Could you please be more elaborate on this.

Otherwise, I will have to treat the above posting as one of your usual blabberings.

how did you know she was kind ?
same way I concluded about other thing.
what is right for goose is right for gander also.
now do not ask how I know someone is a goose.?

Seshan made politicians dread election commission single handedly. He once wrote a scathing 39 page report in long hand behind the locked door of his, perhaps because, he did not trust his staff. A nice sticker, no nonsense tambram.
All politicians saw to it that he did not enter the political space after retirement.
no one likes this type of civil servant
palghat brahmins belonging t other categories -cooks, musicians,clerks good.
Crook may be an over statement. there are better crooks in other places belonging to other communities

This is the kind of statement only a second-rate tambrahm journalist can make without taking the efforts to check out.
I give below four first-rate top-class tambrahms that I know of. Members may kindly add to the list if you can.

Sathamangalam Ranga Iyengar Srinivasa Varadhan FRS (born 2 January 1940) is known for his fundamental contributions to probability theory and in particular for creating a unified theory of large deviations.Since 2009 he has been one of the Jury Chairs for the Infosys Prize in the discipline of Mathematical Sciences. Srinivasa Varadhan is at Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences at New York University Professor of Mathematics, winner of the Abel Prize (Maths Nobel Prize) and Steele Prize.
PS: He also happens to be my batch mate at Presidency College, Chennai

attachment.php

attachment.php

SUNDAR PICHAI

attachment.php

--------------------------------------------------
SUBRAH IYAR

attachment.php

yes naina these guys are good, but only second best in their companies. eg for google it is sergei brin who is #1. sundar is within the top 3 or 4, but not the #1.

and extrapolate it across the community...:) :)

how did you know she was kind ?
same way I concluded about other thing.
what is right for goose is right for gander also.
now do not ask how I know someone is a goose.?

I said she is very kind and not was kind as has been reported by you. You made that as a past tense.lol

By this act of yours, you are sure not to pass her scrutiny.lol

what can be done with tambrahms like this...........

Seshan might have to add new words for such types.

they are giving chennai a very bad name.

years of discrimination and deprivation has made the whole community sick .

they have no outlets for expressing themselves.

what can be done with tambrahms like this...........

Seshan might have to add new words for such types.

they are giving chennai a very bad name.

years of discrimination and deprivation has made the whole community sick .

they have no outlets for expressing themselves.

probably right. it takes a certain amount of freedom from you, and you feel besieged. for those who dont feel this, they are fortunate. for those who feel this discrimination, it is very difficult to have a conversation with anyone other than a tambram. and it is only an exchange of misfortunes due to victimization. better to emigrate. that's what i feel.

i only hope it is not true for most tambrams living in chennai or tamil nadu. judging the response of hatred for even the most harmless statements or views coming from tambrams, and the venom it carries, i am very discouraged.

many of us are in a denial mode. and that does not help either. we can face it head long, and start dialoguing. but even a suggestion of that, did not find any players here. it resorted to the same type of name calling and epithets, which the brahmin haters heap on the brahmins.

some enlightened leadership from the religious mutts to build bridges mayhelp. but i dont see any one of that calibre anywhere now. or ever before. the mutts are among the foremost upholders of status quo.

Last edited:
probably right. it takes a certain amount of freedom from you, and you feel besieged. for those who dont feel this, they are fortunate. for those who feel this discrimination, it is very difficult to have a conversation with anyone other than a tambram. and it is only an exchange of misfortunes due to victimization. better to emigrate. that's what i feel.

i only hope it is not true for most tambrams living in chennai or tamil nadu. judging the response of hatred for even the most harmless statements or views coming from tambrams, and the venom it carries, i am very discouraged.

many of us are in a denial mode. and that does not help either. we can face it head long, and start dialoguing. but even a suggestion of that, did not find any players here. it resorted to the same type of name calling and epithets, which the brahmin haters heap on the brahmins.

some enlightened leadership from the religious mutts to build bridges mayhelp. but i dont see any one of that calibre anywhere now. or ever before. the mutts are among the foremost upholders of status quo.

This is the view of people far away from the scene of action. The view from this side of the Himalayas is quite different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back