• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Pathos - Tamil songs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here dear Valli...

I am making an entry with this song... I couldn't resist myself when I see your song selections ;sooo nice, very good and meaningful, whatever be the category. I thought let me give it a try...:typing:

I like Shri Rangarao's acting... I see Mayabasar whenever I feel like just to watch and listen to Rangarao dialouges. Same goes with this movie too. Padikkata metai...

It is a combination of Shri Ranga Rao's acting, the soulful music by K.V.Mahadevan, the "bhav" in Sirkazhi Govindarajan's voice. One wonders if the simplicity and hard work that went into making this type of movies will ever resurface again.

Sivaji & Sirgazi Govindarajan in Yengirindo Vandan - Padikkadha Medhai - YouTube

Here dear Valli...

I am making an entry with this song... I couldn't resist myself when I see your song selections ;sooo nice, very good and meaningful, whatever be the category. I thought let me give it a try...:typing:

I like Shri Rangarao's acting... I see Mayabasar whenever I feel like just to watch and listen to Rangarao dialouges. Same goes with this movie too. Padikkata metai...

It is a combination of Shri Ranga Rao's acting, the soulful music by K.V.Mahadevan, the "bhav" in Sirkazhi Govindarajan's voice. One wonders if the simplicity and hard work that went into making this type of movies will ever resurface again.

Sivaji & Sirgazi Govindarajan in Yengirindo Vandan - Padikkadha Medhai - YouTube

You have made one Grand entry my dear Anandi! What a good selection! I really like that song!

Please do post as often as you can!

You are one nice person to interact with!

Love

Pathos songs

Dear Friends,
How one can forget about the song Mayakkama Kalakkama in Sumaithangi.

What a lyrics man by the one and only Kannadasan.

மனமிருந்தால் பறவை கூட்டில் மான்கள் வாழலாம் மனமிருந்தால் கடுகுக்குள்ளே மலையை காணலாம்.

Every line in this song carries a great sense .
Sorry folks it is Manidenbavan Deivamagalam from same movie and not Mayakkama, Sorry once again.

Last edited:
There are so many other songs in this great combination of the Great Sridhar, Kannadasan and M.S.V.
During the shooting of Nenjil oru Aalayam , Sridhar explained the situation for the song for Sonnadhu Nee thana ( Ada another Pothos song ). and asked MSV for a good song.
MSV approched Kannadasan for the song and nothing came from him for almost a Week.
Sridhar was pressurising MSV for the song as Shooting for the movie was coming to an end.
MSV explained Sridhar and have told him that he will try with Mr. Vaali or some one else for a song.
Mr. Kannadasan got this msg thru somebody and rushed to the studio where MSV was composing.
MSV didn't tell him anything but Kannadasan started an argument, for which MSV didn't respond.
After few moments Kannadasan told MSV O.K. take this song and started this song. Intially MSV thaught that he is complaining as SONNADHU NEE DHANA later he could realise that this could be the best song for the situation and adopted it.
Same case with a beautiful song in Sivanthamann.
Sridhar on returning after shooting the movie on foreign soil have informed Kannadasan that he has got a good drink for him.( Those days it was very difficult get one )
Kannadasan rushed to Sridhars office and demanded the same.
When Kannadasan was entering into Sridhar's room , MSV troop were just correcting their instrument it seems.
Casually not intentially Sridhar have asked for a Song , and required will be used in Sivanthamann other wise for his next movie as cost of the Drink.
Kannadasan , fond of drinks have called the person who was correcting his instruments outside to repeat the same .
When they started doing so, for that music the Lyrics from Kannadasan was
MUTTHAMIDUM NERAM EPPO , just a superb song but not POTHOS.
C U friends later with many more such songs.

Dear Friends

Here is a good pathos number from the movie 'பயணங்கள் முடிவதில்லை' - மணி ஓசை கேட்டு எழுந்து.

Mani Oosai - YouTube

Kind regards

Greetings.

Usually I don't visit anywhere near this thread. I am allergic to most of the songs in this thread. I just came across my pet peeves song.... I remembered this thread. I don't know if anyone had postyed this song already or not.... I am standing at a safe distance, just posting this song....

Devadas - Ulage mayam - Tamil - Ghantasala - YouTube

I am gone!

This was produced by a great legend Sri. D.L. Narayana, who was a visionary and before Devadas, he produced " kanya sulakam " a movie on widow re marriage.. the message was conveyed in a quiet manner.. Savithiri had a major part as well..

This particular song was the lyrics were done in Tamil first and then in telugu later.. the movie even though was directed by Vedantham Raghavayya, was pretty much made to the specification of D.L. Narayana.. :)

Dear Friends

Here is a pathos from the movie 'அச்சமுண்டு அச்சமுண்டு' - கண்ணில் தாகம் தீருமோ மித்ரா மித்ரா.

kannil thagam - YouTube

Kind regards

Dear Valli..
Please excuse me.. if I am repeating this song again here. because, I like this song very much.. It brings tears to my eyes... And this song is of my favorite actors Shivaji Ganeshan and Padmini... incomparable..!!! And really a touching song... !!!!
உன் கண்ணில் நீர் வழிந்தால் என் நெஞ்சில் உதிரம் கொட்டுதடி..... It shows..the real husband and wife bonding...
கால சுமைதாங்கி போலே மார்பில் என்னை தாங்கி
வீழும் கண்ணீர் துடைப்பாய்....
அதில் என் விம்மல் தணியுமடி....
ஆழம் விழுதுகள் போல் உறவு ஆயிரம் வந்தும் என்ன...
வேர் என நீ இருந்தாய் அதில் நான் வீழ்ந்து விடாதிருந்தேன் ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg7B9oTISYA

Dear Valli..
Please excuse me.. if I am repeating this song again here. because, I like this song very much.. It brings tears to my eyes... And this song is of my favorite actors Shivaji Ganeshan and Padmini... incomparable..!!! And really a touching song... !!!!
உன் கண்ணில் நீர் வழிந்தால் என் நெஞ்சில் உதிரம் கொட்டுதடி..... It shows..the real husband and wife bonding...
கால சுமைதாங்கி போலே மார்பில் என்னை தாங்கி
வீழும் கண்ணீர் துடைப்பாய்....
அதில் என் விம்மல் தணியுமடி....
ஆழம் விழுதுகள் போல் உறவு ஆயிரம் வந்தும் என்ன...
வேர் என நீ இருந்தாய் அதில் நான் வீழ்ந்து விடாதிருந்தேன் ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg7B9oTISYA

Very Beautiful song Anandi! You have a good taste!

Kind regards

Dear Shri Nachi

I second what dear Bushu has said! Here I present the first four lines of a beautiful song from 'Indira' just for you

விடியாத இரவென்று எதுவுமில்லை
முடியாத துயரென்று எதுவுமில்லை
வடியாத வெள்ளமென்று எதுவுமில்லை
வாழாத வாழ்க்கையென்று எதுவுமில்லை

Time definitely heals wounds (even though the scar will be there).

Kind regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back