• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Pathos - Tamil songs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Ravi

Yes, I did see the movie 'Paiya'. It is a good entertainment movie and we (my family) all enjoyed it very much!

The song 'உயிரே உயிரே வந்து என்னோடு கலந்துவிடு' is my favourite and carries a certain "special significance" in my household! :) Particularly the verses -

என் உயிர் போகும் போனாலும் துயரில்லை கண்ணே அதற்காகவா பாடினேன்

வரும் எதிர்காலம் உன் மீது பழி போடும் பெண்ணே அதற்காகத்தான் வாடினேன்

முதலா முடிவா அதை உன் கையில் கொடுத்துவிட்டேன்

The song - மலையோரம் வீசும் காற்று மனசோடு பாடும் பாட்டு, is a beautiful pathos! Just superb! Good selection!

Kind regards

Dear Renu

That is a good song - a good pathos! Yes, I also felt sad at that part when I saw the movie!

Thanks for posting. Hope to see you often here! :)

Kind regards

Dear Friends

This is one of the songs that I love, from the movie 'கிழக்குச்சீமையிலே' - 'தென்கிழக்குச்சீமையில செங்காத்து பூமியில'. Very moving song telling about the love between a brother and sister - ‪Commemorating Mr.Malaysia Vasudevan‬‏ - YouTube

Kind regards

I am surprised at the younger gen, the world's best ever sad song is forgotten so soon :(

‪Veeduvarai Uravu Song ( Kannadhasanin Kavi Alaigai )‬‏ - YouTube

Another favorite of mine, I am giving M Santhanam, but I like the movie version by T.R. Mahyalingan better.

‪001 MAHARAJAPURAM SANDHANAM=MOHATHTHAI KONDRUVIDU=MAHAKAVI SUBRAMANIA BHARATHIAR‬‏ - YouTube

Dear Nara

What about this superb pathos from the movie 'மறக்க முடியுமா' - 'காகித ஓடம் கடலலை மீது'?

I am not able to get the video link hence I am posting this link to the 'raaga' page - Marakka Mudiyuma Songs - Marakka Mudiyuma Tamil Movie Songs - Tamil Songs Lyrics Trailer Videos, Preview Stills Reviews

Kind regards

Dear All

I needed to open this new thread for 'pathos' since I couldn't fit these songs under either of my other two song threads :)

I invite one and all to contribute and make it a successful 'pathos' :( arena - Thanks :)

My first contribution is 'சட்டி சுட்டதடா கை விட்டதடா' from 'ஆலயமணி' - ‪'Satti suttathada...' song from 'Aalayamani'‬‏ - YouTube

Sowbagyavathy Valli, Greetings.

I am not an avid follower of 'sad songs' in Tamizh movies. If at all possible, I usually stay away from such songs. When I grew up, I required all the self-confidence I could muster, just to stay 'at par level' with others.

I went through some of the songs posted here; not that I listened to them in full. But I notice, couple of philosophical songs have ended in this thread.

For example, the song ‪'Satti suttathada...' song from 'Aalayamani'‬‏ - YouTube ('சட்டி சுட்டதடா கை விட்டதடா' from 'ஆலயமணி') is a philosophical song. I don't see anything emotional about that. In my opinion, the action for that song was mis-directed.

பாதி மனதில் தெய்வம் இருந்து பார்த்துக் கொண்டதடா
மீதி மனதில் மிருகம் இருந்து ஆட்டி வைத்ததடா - lovely lyrics to explain the normal mind make-up for everyone. We can appriciate these words when we can look more into others mind.

ஆட்டி வைத்த மிருகம் இன்று அடங்கி விட்டதடா
அமைதி தெய்வம் முழு மனதில் கோயில் கொண்டதடா! ... such a great event! All the saints strive for this! But the action here in the movie is in-appropriate; the body language here seems as if dejected!

எறும்புத்தோலை உரித்துப் பார்க்க யானை வந்ததடா
என் இதயத்தோலை உரித்துப்பார்க்க ஞானம் வந்ததடா .. such meaningful lyrics!

"பிறக்கும் முன்பே இருந்த உள்ளம் இன்று வந்ததடா
இறந்த பின்பே வரும் அமைதி வந்து விட்டதடா!" So, what is " பிறக்கும் முன்பே இருந்த உள்ளம் "? Where is the உள்ளம் before birth? Kannadasan is very good here. When we look at babies, they are kind to everything and everybody. They don't discriminate between scorpion or toys... all are the same. They take care of their safety only when they realise the quantity ' நான்'. Only after realising 'I' an individual is born. So, பிறக்கும் முன்பே இருந்த உள்ளம் does not have 'I' in that.

After death, we don't usually care about anything. We may make arrangements for organ donation, funeral arrangements etc... but, no more emotional bindings. We are at peace.

This song says, If we get rid of 'I', we can be at total peace while we are living.

This is a great song. I just got this song by rote, even today.

Cheers!

I went through some of the songs posted here; not that I listened to them in full. But I notice, couple of philosophical songs have ended in this thread.

Dear Raghy Anna

You are absolutely right in that! But since pathos meant - a quality that arouses pity or sadness (according to my Oxford dictionary) I included that song over here. Sure I felt lot of pity for that Sivaji guy :)

You have done a fantastic job of analysing in detail that song - simply amazing! Thank you!

Kind regards

Dear Friends

I am going to post two pathos each day from now on - one from the old movies and one from the recent and not so recent ones!

Alright, this is an old pathos which I like very much and have it recorded in my cassette. It is 'கண்கள் இரண்டும் என்று உம்மைக்கண்டு பேசுமோ' from the movie 'மன்னாதி மன்னன்'. A fantastic combination of Kannadasan lyrics and P.Susheela's voice!

‪Kangal Irandum Inru - M G Ramachandran, Anjali Devi & Padmini - Mannadhi Mannan‬‏ - YouTube

Cheers!

Sowbagyavathy Valli, Greetings.

I am not an avid follower of 'sad songs' in Tamizh movies. If at all possible, I usually stay away from such songs. When I grew up, I required all the self-confidence I could muster, just to stay 'at par level' with others.

For example, the song ‪'Satti suttathada...' song from 'Aalayamani'‬‏ - YouTube ('சட்டி சுட்டதடா கை விட்டதடா' from 'ஆலயமணி') is a philosophical song. I don't see anything emotional about that. In my opinion, the action for that song was mis-directed.

பாதி மனதில் தெய்வம் இருந்து பார்த்துக் கொண்டதடா
மீதி மனதில் மிருகம் இருந்து ஆட்டி வைத்ததடா - lovely lyrics to explain the normal mind make-up for everyone. We can appriciate these words when we can look more into others mind.

ஆட்டி வைத்த மிருகம் இன்று அடங்கி விட்டதடா
அமைதி தெய்வம் முழு மனதில் கோயில் கொண்டதடா! ... such a great event! All the saints strive for this! But the action here in the movie is in-appropriate; the body language here seems as if dejected!

எறும்புத்தோலை உரித்துப் பார்க்க யானை வந்ததடா
என் இதயத்தோலை உரித்துப்பார்க்க ஞானம் வந்ததடா .. such meaningful lyrics!

"பிறக்கும் முன்பே இருந்த உள்ளம் இன்று வந்ததடா
இறந்த பின்பே வரும் அமைதி வந்து விட்டதடா!" So, what is " பிறக்கும் முன்பே இருந்த உள்ளம் "? Where is the உள்ளம் before birth? Kannadasan is very good here. When we look at babies, they are kind to everything and everybody. They don't discriminate between scorpion or toys... all are the same. They take care of their safety only when they realise the quantity ' நான்'. Only after realising 'I' an individual is born. So, பிறக்கும் முன்பே இருந்த உள்ளம் does not have 'I' in that.

After death, we don't usually care about anything. We may make arrangements for organ donation, funeral arrangements etc... but, no more emotional bindings. We are at peace.

This song says, If we get rid of 'I', we can be at total peace while we are living.

This is a great song. I just got this song by rote, even today.

Cheers!

hi raghy sir,
i was searching this yesterday in youtube....i was trying as KATTI SUTTADA..... but its satti suttada..infact i didnt able to get in the

name of katti suttada....i like this song very much....very meaning ful....evergreen song.... thank u so much...great kannadasan songs

regards
tbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back