• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

On Vishitadvaita Philosophy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why Not?It should happen like this.Why is it absurd to play this game.It is a leela of brahman.We are the participants of leela as well as the leela.Or in another words aham brahmasmi.

I think that this is delusion... to infer something when there could be "n" possibilities is but deceiving the self...

At age 2-i remember nothing.At age 1 - i remember nothing.In the womb of my mother - i remember nothing.As a cell in the sperm and in the egg - i remember nothing.To love brahman and realise we are brahman is the leela.Some say illusion.Some say delusion.So be it.Everyone has a right to think independently and everyone is right.That is my mission.

Why leela? A leela for one is a pain for another...

Anyway, nothing personal Shri Suresh... I am just countering against differing views and not your self... :wave:

Shri Seshadri

Of course i understand its nothing personal as as our atmas are intertwined like vayu,despite an independent body.Everyone has a right to think independently and everyone is right.When people try to influence the mind of people,as "only" i am right,then problems of ego arises.Strangely,all holy scriptures of all religion will imply- " I am the Way only" therefore follow me.Its like the blind leading the blind,with each his perception blindly saying things.

sb:)

Dear Sir's, This discussions are very good. We must understand the Human Birth for the purpose .The soul ( when in Mother womb cry's for early release, but when born in the world it cry's Qwa,Qwa,Qwa.that means whereis my wisdom) . So all the soul's crying for rejoin(religion) with Father. In hibru Re -alain, become in English as Religion. Once we understand about 84 lacks of speciesof living beings inthe World. The rare is the Human Birth, so to get rid of the worldly things one must get a Perpect Master and learn from him how to Die to Live.

SRK SIR!

I've only rudimentry knowledge inhaive Siddhantam. One famous Gnani's work is quoted in Shaiva siddhantam.

But the Gnani is Pure Advaithin - He is noe other than HH Thayumana Swamigal...

Regards

sesh

try to connect what I meant, you will understand.

Regards

Mango, I am continuing our discussion in this thread...

Well if you believe in the futitliy of the above , you wouldn't have started the discussions... Like many others you could have kept quiet.

But the TRUTH is knocking inside you. that's why you keep continuing talking , even after my offer to quit... Common...

Keeping quiet or being talkative depends more on the nature of the individual's bent of mind (and the discussion group) rather than on the topic... So, my keeping quiet or talking is not to be related with the truth or untruth of some statements...

Anyway I again repeat .. I don't believe in arguments... as the tendency to hold to one's view leads to Jalpa and Vithanda. Sambhashana is what I look out for.

There is a very thin line which discriminates arguments and discussions...

The all encompassing one is the god ie., superset... it is heterogenous.. comprising of the lower entities (which are similar among themselves because they are ignorant of the higher entity) and the higher entity...

this is what advaitham says, my question is in VA what is the "vishit"

There is a fundamental difference between A and VA... A says we are god (as we are self)... we only have to realize this... VA says that god resides in us (us being different entities)...while we are a part, we certainly are not the whole... unlike A which says that we are brahman...

another point.....if it is all GOD , then one only need to know the HOW of it. ? in other words to get connected that's all.

No wire connection methodology here... sorry... realization can be only through practice; knowledge helps in realization... it is not the end...

with vishit , a part is still not GOD and this is a mistaken derivation

No individual is the same - we are all different; the different philosophies apply to different individuals who might think differently... just as i said earlier, the mind believes what it wants to believe...

So while god is one, there are entities which are different...

this is how we isolalte god from entities... see you contradicts from what you said in just the first line of your above para...

GOD IS ALL - this is what to derive at. Then only one's understanding becomes error free.

No contradiction - I think you need to understand what a subset and a superset is...

Regards

Last edited:
sesh!

Knowing well it is useless topic to talk about, you choose to talk ...is it? common - your antaryami is mine too.

hey a superset encompass all the subsets - what's left out ? nothing.

Then only MahaVishnu - Sarva Vyapi could be understood.

if you says we are not god but god is inside us, then he is only antar yami - not bahir muka, then the meaning of the word is MahaVishnu is rendered meaningless - is it not? For entities are different from HIM and so he is no more MAHAVISHNU what?

Moreover - whatever comes goes too.. . This is a well established Logic. By this Logic your attainment of GODHOOD is also temporary may be it lasts for eons but at some point of time the effort wears off and you become an another being again isn't it.?

Advaita didn't say self is GOD - that's not an accurate definition.

Regards

hey a superset encompass all the subsets - what's left out ? nothing.

The beauty of a set is that all its subsets need not be homogenous with it...

Assume A= {a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h} is a superset and B = {a,b,c}, C= {f,g,h} as subsets...

So while A can be B and C, B & C cannot be A... got it???

By saying that we are part of brahman, what should be inferred here is that we have all been evolved/created/manifested from the same superset... does not mean that WE are the superset...

According to Advaitham:

A= {a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h} is a superset; the subsets B = {a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h} C= {a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h} do not realize that they possess the same as the superset and hence strive to realize the same...

According to VishishtaAdvaitham:

A= {a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h} is a superset and B = {a,b,c}, C= {f,g,h} are subsets... to regain completeness, they merge with A thus attaining everlasting bliss...

According to Dvaitham:

A= {a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h} is a special set (God or Brahman) and B = {1,2,3}, C= {x,y,z} are other ordinary sets (Jeevathamas) and these other sets should strive to attain the status of A... while they can never become A...

Regards

ethu enn unga siddhantama? mandai udaiythuppa....
advaitham seri
va-vum seri - now my question is which "part" is not included in the superset A
which is the non-god part?

seri mela 2 para'kku pathille sollalaiye?

In other words , if Bhagwam is just antayami, what is Bhair mukha? please answer directly - don't tax my brain with number theories.

en iniya mambazhame...

The word antaryami should be construed to mean that he who resides in us... as life force... in some way or the other...it does not lead us to infer that we are god... so god is just not, but also antaryami...

bahir mukha (am not scholastic in sanskrit) - I infer that the literal meaning is "consciousness turned outward"... something advocated by Shri Ramana Maharishi... this is just a technique to achieve even-mindedness or detachment of the self from the body...

I maintain what I said earlier... the mind believes what it wants to believe... if somebody believes in bahirmukha theory, then the "I" would lose its identity indefinitely... if concentrated on a blissful entity of brahman, it remains in that state indefinitely... the main idea is to be devoid of desires...

Did I address your queries?

Regards

suttha videreengale...

which part is non-god please tell me so that this simpleton could understand.

Regards

common don't side track

it is your duty to explain VA. You said a part is non-god , which part.

Sarvam VishnuMayam Jagat
Sarvam Shivamayam

Which part is god and which part is non-god?

please answer , so that this simpleton could understand.

regards

common don't side track

it is your duty to explain VA. You said a part is non-god , which part.

Sarvam VishnuMayam Jagat
Sarvam Shivamayam

Which part is god and which part is non-god?

please answer , so that this simpleton could understand.

regards

Please re-read my posts again to understand... I have repeated a fundamental view in most of my posts... it is the vital part... you have not grasped it fully... please go through it and understand...

There is no direct answer...

WE live in god and god lives within us.Jiva,atma,Paramatma..Parat Para Parameshwara...all have their place under the sun too.

sb

Last edited:
i couldn't grasp it. why don't you repeat for the sake of simpleton.

no direct answer means what?

The state of everlasting bliss, encompassing knowledge, supreme power and immortality is the state of brahman...

Are you in such a state???

Is it difficult to understand even now, simpleton??

no my question is on va - the vishit part

is that correct to say a part is god and another part is non-god as per VA

Oops i miss your last but one post - so ignore my previous one

then how your achariyar explains - Sarvam Vishnumayam jagat

what is the meaning for the shabdha - mahavishnu

it is suprising to hear this from a smartha.

it cud be so much better if one were to seek a guru explaining both vishistadwaitha and dwaita first, before passing parameters or arguments to any method or way of carrying out things.

And esp if the intension is to guide or ask others to follow only a particular path, it wud seem so baseless to do so without knowing the other ways and paths to the divine.

then how your achariyar explains - Sarvam Vishnumayam jagat

I may not be qualified enough to expound his thoughts... but i shall explain in my way...

the supreme pervades every single entity in this universe - in that it is sarvam...

even though the entity is pervaded by the paramatman, we exhibit a separate "aham" which is distinct from the supreme and in this we are different...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back