• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Occasional Piece of Interesting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

தையல் வல்லுனர்!

தன் பிறந்தநாள் உடை தைக்க,

அவன் நாடினான் ஒரு தையல்

வல்லுனரை! அளவு பார்த்தவன்,
'இல்லை இதில் வேண்டிய துணி!

நான் தைக்க முடியாது!' எனக் கூற,
தன் உடை தைக்க வேண்டுமென

இன்னொரு வல்லுனரைக் கேட்க,
'இன்னும் இரண்டு நாட்களிலேயே

தயார் செய்வேன்!' எனச் சொல்லி,
தயார் செய்து கொடுத்துவிட்டான்!

தைக்கவே இயலாது என்று கூறிய
தையல் வல்லுனரிடம் சென்றவன்,

மிகக் கோபம் கொண்டு, கேட்டான்,
'மிக எளிதாக இன்னொருவன் என்

துணியில் உடை செய்து தந்தானே!
துணியே போதாது என்றாயே நீ?'

பெரிதாகச் சிரித்த அவன் கேட்டான்,
'இருப்பது அவனுக்குச் சின்ன மகன்!

என் மகனுக்கோ கல்லூரிப் படிப்பு!
நான் போதுமெனச் சொல்வேனோ?

:pound:

Shouryya Ray, a 16-year-old Indian boy cracks a 350-year old math problem in Germany.

He has solved a mathematical problem which has stumped mathematicians for centuries,
a newspaper report said. The boy put the historical breakthrough down to “schoolboy naivety.”

Shouryya Ray moved to Germany from India with his family at the age of 12. He has baffled
scientists and mathematicians by solving two fundamental particle dynamics problems posed
by Sir Isaac Newton
over 350 years ago, Die Welt reported on Monday. (23 May 2012)

Ray’s solutions make it possible to now calculate not only the flight path of a ball, but also predict
how it will hit and bounce off a wall. Previously it had only been possible to
estimate this using a
computer, wrote the paper.
Check it out with the link below.

Roy

Last edited:
85th Scripps National Spelling Bee on Thursday night.

2012 Spelling bee winner is Snigdha Nandipati

She is 14 and from San Diego, Calif. The winning word was "guetapens."

Runnerup is Stuti Mishra

Last edited:
85th Scripps National Spelling Bee on Thursday night.

2012 Spelling bee winner is Snigdha Nandipati

She is 14 and from San Diego, Calif. The winning word was "guetapens."

Runnerup is Stuti Mishra

I had once seen a movie about kids who take part in spelling bee competitions.
Poor things..they are so stressed up and pushed by their parents.
All the do is mug up the dictionary and seldom even play.

I feel this spelling bee contest should not be encouraged.

I had once seen a movie about kids who take part in spelling bee competitions.
Poor things..they are so stressed up and pushed by their parents.
All the do is mug up the dictionary and seldom even play.

I feel this spelling bee contest should not be encouraged.
You have not seen how Indians prepare for the IITJEE or for the IAS Exams.
Should these exams be abolished as well?

You have not seen how Indians prepare for the IITJEE or for the IAS Exams.
Should these exams be abolished as well?

When I was in India I felt that most Indian students study by memorizing more than actually understanding and deducing.

Sometimes if you just twist the question a little they are not able to answer it.

I remember one day our Forensic Medicine lecturer asked us a question on bullet wounds which was not in the text book.

The students who studied by memorizing could not deduce it and only those of us who could think out of the box knew the answer.

Each country has the own way of studying but I somehow feel the deducing capacity of westerners is higher cos they tend to analyze and understand what they study and not simply mug it up.

Even recently in one of my Sanskrit manual it was advised to memorize a particular grammar rule.
I was quite shocked to see that advise cos memorization will only make us forget it later.
I didn't quite like the explanation given too so I looked up online and came across and Sanskrit website run by a Portuguese man and he gave perfect steps how to deduce and understand that grammar rule.

He has mentioned that rule was also in Latin so since he was well versed in Latin and Sanskrit..his explanation was just superb.
He had advised "never ever learn by memorizing"

Sowbagyavathy Raji Ram, Greetings.

I refer to your poem in post #101. I have one very basic doubt, please. Why would someone need any cloth material for tailoring his/her 'பிறந்த நாள் உடை' that is "birthday suit/dress'? :noidea:

Cheers!

Greetings.

We have heard so many times "aaya kalaigal 64' ( ஆய கலைகள்64).... so, what are they?... Here.....

aaya kalagal.jpg

Cheers! :ranger:

Yes truly Raghy and Renu think alike very often!!!:rolleyes:
So eager to fly off in a tangent - whenever possible!!! :)

I refer to your poem in post #101. I have one very basic doubt, please. Why would someone need any cloth material for tailoring his/her 'பிறந்த நாள் உடை' that is "birthday suit/dress'? :noidea:

Cheers!

Cheers!

Dear Raghy Sir,

Most of the friends I know stitch new dress for their birthday, every year!

Hence it is in that poem!! Hope your doubt is cleared, now!!

Regards........... :)

The problem is probably with the browser. I also cannot get a .jpg file to display in a large size in the post, like what some of you manage to do.
It is the famous 'copy n paste' technique, dear Sir! :thumb:

Here is the image in BIG LETTERS:

1744d1338649350-occasional-piece-interesting-information-aaya-kalagal.jpg

Last edited:
hello RR mam, so nice of you .you take the needy measures at once for all (for your cosy sis also). your helping hand nature,attitude i luv it. good luck be cheerful& smiling always.

Madam RR:
I always used the upload option. How do you do the "cut and paste' if the image is on my desktop?
I tried to 'drag and drop' but that did not help.

........... How do you do the "cut and paste' if the image is on my desktop?
Dear Sir,

A left click on the image gives the bigger fonts.

Select the lines (left click + drag over the lines)

Right click and copy the lines by a left click.

Now select the place to paste it, right click there and paste it with a left click!!

Hope it is clear now! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back