• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Occasional Piece of Interesting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dear Brahmanyan Sir,

I wanted to upload the video titled 'Bean seed sprouting' crated by my nephew, who has a passion for photography.

But since it is not available in youtube, I chose this one which fascinated me! Soon after seeing this video, I thought,

'
இத்தனை சிறிய விதைக்கு எத்தனை பெரிய சக்தி?' :high5:

Regards,
Raji Ram

Dear Raji Mam

That was wonderful. I suppose you have heard Smt Sita Duraiswamy on the Jalatarangam.
Absolute Genius. Can you locate and post a recording of her's.

I am sure everybody on this austere forum would love to listen to Smt SD.

Guruvethunai
Yay Yem

.......... I suppose you have heard Smt Sita Duraiswamy on the Jalatarangam.
Absolute Genius. Can you locate and post a recording of her's. ........
Yes Sir... Could find mAmi's videos, after a search for about 10 mts!!

Here is the talented 'madisAr mAmi' playing 'AmruthavarshiNi' (will this bring the much awaited rains in Sing. Chennai??)
Please find more clippings on the right side of this video. :ranger:

'E'-SWARA-002- Smt Seetha Doraiswamy-Jaladharangam-sudhamye.flv - YouTube

Some facts about the 'magical' Glass Harp, from Wikipedia:

A glass harp (also called musical glasses, singing glasses, angelic organ, verrilion or ghost fiddle) is an
instrument made of upright wine glasses.

It is played by running moistened or chalked fingers around the rim of the glasses. Each glass is tuned to a different pitch, either by grinding each

goblet to the specified pitch, in which case the tuning is permanent, or by filling the glass with water until the desired pitch is achieved.

An investor in Amazon.com, Nick Hanauer said in a video that rich people like him should be paying more in taxes because he believes it is the middle-class consumers, not rich people, who are the real job creators.
Watch here

How many rich men in India will make such statements?

Last edited:
To relax, after that serious and thought provoking post of Naina Sir on 'tax', here is the next fascinating creation in glass!!

GLASS HARMONICA. Picture courtesy: Google images.

glass-armonica.jpg

The story of Glass Harmonica:

Benjamin Franklin invented the glass harmonica (which he called the
armonica) in 1761 and introduced it to Europe

while he was ambassador to France. This ethereal-sounding instrument consists of a graduated series of chromatically

tuned glass bowls mounted on a rotating spindle; the player’s moistened fingers elicit discrete pitches in the same way
a dinner guest makes a wine glass “sing” by rubbing a finger along its rim. :music:

Dear Naina Sir,

This is your thread! I hope you don't mind if I interfere with a few interesting music / art based posts!

Regards. :) ( You may get a few more 'likes' too!! :gossip:)

dear Mr. Raghy,

Nice video with many lessons and messages too! :clap:

I had expected to see something like the eternal chase of

Jerry Mouse by Tom Cat and Tom by Spike.

So what I actually saw bowled me over! :shocked:

1. The sworn-in and natural enemies getting along so well!

2. I think the mouse can't exist without the cat and the cat without the dog.

3. None of them try to escape even when not bound to any pillar or post.

4. Even the other animals do not harm them.

5. They seem to enjoy their interaction with human beings.

6. They also enjoy all the attention they get.

A WOW video...to say the least.

A honest and genuine doubt....

When a dog, a cat and a mouse can get along so well

why not human beings who belong to the same species???:confused:

When I was in India I knew one Konkani Brahmin lady who ran a shop in our hostel.
Whenever she saw a dog and cat playing with each other and not fighting she used to shout loudly saying "Kali Yuga Kali Yuga..this is a bad sign..cos when dogs and cats don't fight that means humans will start to fight"

She will then take a stone and throw at the dog and cat hoping to make them fight but the dog and cat would just run away together and refuse to fight.

BTW, I expected at least an acknowledgement from A. M. Sir for providing the link for Smt. Seetha Duraisamy's jalatharangam.
PS: Some members will ask questions and never acknowledge the reply!! But, I know...... 'இதெல்லாம் இங்கே சகஜமப்பா!'
:couch2:

How can we honor the ceaseless efforts of madam R.R. in bringing

very interesting and captivating videos to this thread???

By making her (*) (*) eyed of course! :)

கரைப்பார் கரைத்தால், கல்லும் கரையும்!
கேட்பார் கேட்டால், நட்சத்திரமும் நிறையும்! :popcorn:

Ladies are famous for spending hours together, for the change of costume!

Is it possible to change a costume within seconds?? No idea, right?

Now watch this impossible task made possible, by the two performers on stage!!

Impossible - YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back