• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Occasional Piece of Interesting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Naina Sir,

raaga.com has several albums of film music in all languages, Carnatic, Hindustani and World music.

Membership is FREE and listening to albums has never been a problem! Check all the songs and click PLAY.

But downloads are sure to make anyone crazy........
:der:

Dear Naina Sir,

raaga.com has several albums of film music in all languages, Carnatic, Hindustani and World music.

Membership is FREE and listening to albums has never been a problem! Check all the songs and click PLAY.

But downloads are sure to make anyone crazy........
:der:

Thanks, Madam RR, I was familiar with this site also. It was just to make familiar a different site, with a different way of presenting the same materials.

The link raaga.com is for those who do not know about it, Sir!

I have never been able to download even one song till now, in spite of my 'VikramAdhithan' efforts!!
:D

Online music experience can vary from pleasant to annoying to frustrating depending on the connection and the work load on your pc/lp.Besides, my PC isnt the best music system I have.

சினிமாப் பாட்டுக்கும் எனக்கும் காத தூரம்!! :twitch:

Sorry to start the diversion in thullaatha manamum thullum and continue the diversion here :) - (My only excuse here is to wish you all a happy mother's day with this song )

Here is a classical music song jagajanani by Ghanam Krishna Iyer in raagam ratipatipriya/bhiaravi

'E'-SWARA-003--Shobana Vignesh-Jagat Jannani-Jan31-2010.flv - YouTube

jagajjanani. rAgA: bhairavi/ratipatipriyA. Adi tALA. Composer: Ghanam
Krishna Iyer.

P: jagajjanani sukhapANi kalyANi

jagajjananI = jagat + janaI = World/Universes + mother

shukhapANi = shukha + pAni = parrot + (in) hand

kalyANI = (bestower of) auspiciousness OR (one who is) auspicious

(My salutations to you) Oh Mother of the Universe, who holds a parrot
in her hand.

A: sukha svarUpiNi madhuravANi sokkanAthar manam magizhu mInAkSi

sukha = pleasant/happy
swarUpiNI = with the form of
madhura = sweet
vANI = speech
sokkanAthar = sundarEshwarar (the presiding deity of Madurai) he was
so handsome that people who saw him swooned, hence sokkanAthan
manam = heart/soul
magizhum = (giving) happiness
mInAkshI = The fish eyed one

Oh mInAkshI, the beloved of sokkanAthar, the one with honey-nectar
like sweet speech, the one with the beautiful form that is pleasing.

C: pANDya kumAri bhavAni ambA shiva pancami paramEshvarI
vENdu varangaL tara innum manam vallaiyO vEdavEdAnta nAda svarUpi

pANDya kumArI = maiden of the pANDya dynasty (mInAkshI was
malayadhwaja pANDyan's daughter)
bhavAnI = (you are the same as) bhavAnI
ambA = (you are) ambA
shiva pancamI =
paramEshwarI = the supreme goddess
vENDum = what (I) ask for
varam = boon
tara = to give me
innum = is it not time
manam illaiyO = are you not of the mind?
vEda vEdAnta = (of) the vEdAs, and vEdanta,
nAda = sound and music (OmkAram)
swarUpiNI = embodiment of/form of

Oh maiden of the pANDya dynasty, you are none other than bhavAni, or
ambA, or the supreme goddess. you think the time to bestow the boons I
want has come? You are the embodiment of the vEdAs, vEdantA and the
OmkAra nAdam.

Last edited:
my favourite for this song is Priya Sisters
[video=youtube;GVeDdQqDpvs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVeDdQqDpvs[/video]

Thanks , OZONE, MSK, and RR, for these links. This song was, and still is, one of my most favourite songs. In the rat race of modern life, pursuing illusionary visions of salvation through science and technology, finding time to look for such gems is such a chore, just the accident of running into information on such rare gems, makes one feel that there is still humanity lurking out there.

Last edited:
One doubt! Which "Janani" song is that?

Now, one more Janani song for my friends!

Nithyasree Mahadevan Janani Janani - YouTube

PS: All my kutti and mAmi students can sing all the three Janani songs. :thumb:
Jagajanani is the one that I used to like from way back, from my childhood. Ilayaraja’s song came much later, still it was a stirring song. Nityashree’s song is new for me, I just listened to it, good, but it is of a slightly different genre to me.

Last edited:

I already posted this message in another thread today. But since it is interesting, please allow me to copy paste here! :)

When I was young, there were reports of 'sacred ash' falling from Sri Sathya Sai Baba's pictures, in the nearby villages.

And, I HAVE SEEN something like 'sacred ash' which emerged from the heart of Jesus Christ (!!) and accumulated in between

the picture and the glass covering, for a few days !! People thronged the house, which was owned by a lady nurse of our local

maternity hospital in Anaimalai village. Till today, it seems a wonder to me! How is it possible?

'Google search' provided this lengthy video which was amazing! How do these events happen? :noidea:

I already posted this message in another thread today. But since it is interesting, please allow me to copy paste here! :)

When I was young, there were reports of 'sacred ash' falling from Sri Sathya Sai Baba's pictures, in the nearby villages.

And, I HAVE SEEN something like 'sacred ash' which emerged from the heart of Jesus Christ (!!) and accumulated in between

the picture and the glass covering, for a few days !! People thronged the house, which was owned by a lady nurse of our local

maternity hospital in Anaimalai village. Till today, it seems a wonder to me! How is it possible?

'Google search' provided this lengthy video which was amazing! How do these events happen? :noidea:

Our SM is dead against writing about SSB and other Gurus and so I hope this post is not deleted.

I was told that glass reacts with one kind of acid (I forget its name now) slowly and forms an ash-like powdery end-product, along with some moisture. The "ashing" photos of SSB or any other deity/guru/godman can be easily made by gently coating the outer surface of the framed photo/s with this acid and then placing them back in position. Usually such devotees are 'advised' by experts from the relative organization/Ashram to leave out the face portion of the photos. This is because the glass becomes semi-transparent after the chemical reaction cited above, especially if the miracle is to be sustained for months. In such cases the so-called "blessed devotees" have two or more similar (identical) photos and use a new one when the old one becomes too tell-tale, though they try to cover up as much of the photo as possible, with garlands, flowers from "archana", etc.

But this is a very efficient trick which makes very many gullible people (even those living abroad) fall into the net of the relative godman/godwoman/guru cult.

There are a few other methods also but those are little more costly. I quote from An Indian Skeptic's explanation of miracles By "Anti-Guru" B. Premanand :—

Vibhuti produced from Satya Sai Baba's photographs.: Actually vibhuti does not fall constantly from the framed photographs of Satya Sai Baba. To know if really vibhuti forms on the glass, unless one removes a portion sticking to the glass it cannot be known. What is done is, ash is mixed in starch solution and sprayed on the glass except the face. The man in whose house vibhuti is forming on the photos does not permit any one to go near them or touch them. They say that if any one touches them with an intention to verify the truth the vibhuti stops forming! What is done is the top of the photo frame is hollow and is filled with vibhuti, while the glass is fitted loose. When the ceiling fan is switched on, the ash stored in the photo frame top flies and people think that really vibhuti is falling from the photos. This could be exposed by removing a part of the vibhuti pasted on the glass and see if it again forms there and by stopping the fan. In one house of an advocate at R.S.Puram, Coimbatore where this claim was made, I had to wait for more than two hours as there was power cut and only when power came, I was taken to the prayer room to see the vibhuti falling from the photos of the godman. When I came out the fan was put off, but I suddenly turned around to see if vibhuti was still comming from the photos, it had stopped!

Dear Sarma Sir,

I have seen a photo of Jesus Christ producing the holy ash like thing, in between the picture and the glass!

I don't think the poor nurse would have spent any money to do the trick. The holy ash stopped after a few days.

Regards,
Raji Ram

I understand that, quite often, this vibhuti is given as prasadam to visitors. Did any 'rationalist' care to send it for a simple mass spectral analysis to identify the chemical constituents in the vibhuti? The analysis does not cost much. It would be a first step before passing any judgement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back