• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Yoga and Sex Scandals: A NY Times Piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice. Make sure that it does not come out as a back-handed compliment.

P.S. I spell compliment with an i.

Dear Naina ji,

No..its not back handed for sure. I am quite the direct to the point blank types and I do inject some humour in what I write and sorry for misspelling Compliment cos I did not study in English medium,here in M'sia we all study only in Malay medium(so this occasional mistakes show up).

Dear Naina ji,

No..its not back handed for sure. I am quite the direct to the point blank types and I do inject some humour in what I write and sorry for misspelling Compliment cos I did not study in English medium,here in M'sia we all study only in Malay medium(so this occasional mistakes show up).

I didn't study in English medium either. When I joined college, where all subjects were in English, the first year was awful. But then I pulled through, eventually spent five years at the World's top medical institution in USA.

Dear Doc
Any correlation between sex hormones and rice eating? The most populous countries appear to be the biggest
producers/consumers of rice - China, India, Indo-China! Without going into debate on raw rice/boiled rice/mota
rice/flattened rice/puffed rice or whether eaten with reptiles/insects/dogs/cats, just RICE & POPULATION,
any correlation !?!

Guruvethunai
AM

Dear Doc
Any correlation between sex hormones and rice eating? The most populous countries appear to be the biggest
producers/consumers of rice - China, India, Indo-China! Without going into debate on raw rice/boiled rice/mota
rice/flattened rice/puffed rice or whether eaten with reptiles/insects/dogs/cats, just RICE & POPULATION,
any correlation !?!

Guruvethunai
AM

As far as I know no such thing..my dear literacy rate is inversely proportional to size of family.
Education is the best contraception.

Last edited:
As far as I know no such thing..my dear literacy rate is directly proportionate to size of family.

"...literacy rate is directly proportionate to size of family" .

So you mean, the greater the literacy rate, the bigger the family size will be?

The so called BIMARU states in India(Bihar, UP, MP, Rajasthan & UP) have the lowest literacy & highest population almost 3 + kids per person...Also the more poorer you are from these states more is the progeny

"...literacy rate is directly proportionate to size of family" .

So you mean, the greater the literacy rate, the bigger the family size will be?

Sorry sorry..I meant inversely proportional!!!

Naina..I am going to edit that mistake now in my post.Thanks for correction.

Correct in today's scenario. Not so in the past. Most of the brahmins had large families (>4 children); and in other communities too who had education and wealth.

Because, today, our lives are controlled by earning, luxuries, unlimited spending, high cost of education and living. Even in europe and us till 100 years ago, all - rich, poor, educated and farm labour had large families.

I think, our mindset for a small family is because of urban living, max luxurious living, and the need to provide for our children's education and their high level living.

As far as I know no such thing..my dear literacy rate is inversely proportional to size of family.

Even in europe and us till 100 years ago, all - rich, poor, educated and farmlabour had large families....

Even to this day, in USA, the mormons, especially in the State of Utah, have large families. And the Catholics too.
The republican party's presidential hopefuls, Mitt Romney and Ron Paul, both millionaires, each have 5 children.

Last edited:

Even to this day, in USA, the mormons, especially in the State of Utah, have large families. And the Catholics too.

Thats a different state of mind totally..they have large families cos they believe their tribe must increase.

I will give you another example..sometimes here some older people just say the woman is 45 and guy is 50 get married..if they are Hindus they always decide not to try for kids becos of age factor and life expectancy.

But some Non Hindus who are in the same situation come for advise how to have children despite the age factor cos they feel its their duty to bring forth another Non Hindu to the world.

We Hindus differ in thought..we are more practical I feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back