• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Occasional Piece of Interesting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ladies are famous for spending hours together, for the change of costume!

Is it possible to change a costume within seconds?? No idea, right?

Now watch this impossible task made possible, by the two performers on stage!!

Impossible - YouTube
Fascinating! How do the create this illusion, I wonder.
Incidentally you said that
Ladies are famous for spending hours together, for the change of costume!
Western ladies need barely minimal cloth to cover themselves, so they can do it faster, right?

Last edited:

Dear Naina Sir,
Please refer to post # 73! The meaning of second line is that if the right person asks, stars will fill up. :popcorn:

Yes........ Now, your thread has five stars! Congrats! :)

யாரை யார் கரைத்தார்கள்?:noidea:

யாரிடம் யார் கேட்டார்கள்?:confused:

கரைப்பார் கரைத்தால், கல்லும் கரையும்!
கேட்பார் கேட்டால், நட்சத்திரமும் நிறையும்! :popcorn:

hello nania, even though western ladies wear pants ,skirts ,that game show was too amazing.(yur too naughty on ur part of thinking.)

Fascinating! How do the create this illusion, I wonder.
Incidentally you said that
Western ladies need barely minimal cloth to cover themselves, so they can do it faster, right?
My son used to say that 'to dress up' means something else in the US!! The example he gives is 'dressed chicken'!!

Even in India 'barely there' blouses are the hottest fashion. Sometimes I feel like telling the 'mod' girls to dress up

in jeans & T' shirt or a churidhar set, which will at least cover the body!!
:gossip: I think the 'minimal cloth' will need more time to wear, because they need to be in the right place.... right, Sir?? :faint:

My son used to say that 'to dress up' means something else in the US!! The example he gives is 'dressed chicken'!!

Even in India 'barely there' blouses are the hottest fashion. Sometimes I feel like telling the 'mod' girls to dress up

in jeans & T' shirt or a churidhar set, which will at least cover the body!!
:gossip: I think the 'minimal cloth' will need more time to wear, because they need to be in the right place.... right, Sir?? :faint:

I think the'minimal cloth' will need more time to wear, because they need to be in theright place.... right, Sir??

No, not really. You have not heard of wardrobe malfunction?

எனக்கு இதுவும் வேணும் :doh:

இன்னமும் வேணும் :frusty:

"நேகி கரோ! "

(நன்மை செய்)

"ஜூதே காவோ!!"

[நாவடி /
(நாயடி???) படு!!]

கேட்பது தான் கேட்டாலும்

எனக்குக் கேட்க மாட்டேனா? :nono:

எதற்கு என்னாலேயே தர முடிந்த

இன்னொரு நூலுக்
கா கேட்பேன்? :whoo:

கரைப்பார் கரைத்தால், கல்லும் கரையும்!
கேட்பார் கேட்டால், நட்சத்திரமும் நிறையும்!

கொடுப்பது தான் என் வழக்கம்!
தடுப்பதும், தந்துவிட்டதை
திரும்ப எடுப்பதும் இல்லை.

My second thoughts were about
the people whom I thought I KNEW
and not about your thread and its rating!

Why don't you take it back?

KNOOTY ..exactly means ..1,tied to snarled in knots 2,covered with knots,gnarled 3,difficult to understand or solve . say what you intend to uumm.

கொடுப்பது தான் என் வழக்கம்!
தடுப்பதும், தந்துவிட்டதை
திரும்ப எடுப்பதும் இல்லை.

My second thoughts were about
the people whom I thought I KNEW
and not about your thread and its rating!
Thank you, madam !

Dear Tmt RR { Raji Ram }

Your post # 82 :- I guess, that's one of the 'austerity' measures the world is learning. With
cloth / apparels / garments getting too expensive, I guess it makes sense for them to
go in for the 'bare' minimum - cost cutting is probably the primary yardstick, all else seems secondary!

Guruvethunai
Yay Yem

எனக்கு இதுவும் வேணும் :doh:

இன்னமும் வேணும் :frusty: ..........
Dear Sis,

Please for heavens sake, do not use such harsh smileys!

I think :rolleyes: is far more better, t
hough it means 'roll eyes' (sarcastic)!!

PS: Usually our other friend waves his 'magic wand' often and I guessed it was his work. I am wrong! :tsk:

.......... With cloth / apparels / garments getting too expensive, I guess it makes sense for them to
go in for the 'bare' minimum - cost cutting is probably the primary yardstick, all else seems secondary!
என்ன சார்! உலகம் தெரியாதவரா இருக்கீங்களே!

அந்த மாதிரி உடை தைக்க, தையல் கூலி என்னன்னு கேளுங்க!!

Dear Tmt RR { Raji Ram }

Your post # 82 :- I guess, that's one of the 'austerity' measures the world is learning. With
cloth / apparels / garments getting too expensive, I guess it makes sense for them to

Guruvethunai
Yay Yem

The skimpier the garment the more expensive it is.
Same goes for saree blouses.

Dear Anand sir,

Remember the famous song item number song in Nayagan?

Varumayin Kodumayai Paarathavan naan,
Un udayila varumayum vaendaamaa

So some people would like to see poverty on body to remind them of the poverty they had once seen.

So it's back to "Supply & Demand" - langotis are about the best example of sartorial workmanship, but no takers.

Where there is a demand, there is bound to be a price to pay. I guess one ends up paying more and more for less
and less - reminds me of the comment of M.K.Gandhi about his attire [or the lack of it] before the King of England
when he went for the Round Table Conference. He is said to have said something like " The King was wearing
enough on him for both of us ".

I think the sales person sells a terribly skimpy garment for a price that would cover the cost of a
head-to-toe outfit that he could take home FOC for his wife/daughter !

Anyone ever noticed the attire of the ladies in the family of a boutique owner ?!!!!?

I have seen non-smokers selling cigarettes and non-drinkers selling liquor, but boutique owners .......
.......... beats me.

Yay Yem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back