• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Occasional Piece of Interesting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

A real WOW show. Please don't miss it!
icon14.png

Giraffes

Dear Tmt RR

Ref 801

Nice gimmick show - Ha ha ha now, you'll probably claim that all those gymnastic giraffes are females !

Shhhhhhhhhh! - I noticed , I'll keep the secret.

Capt VT

Tmt VR

Ref 803

A question is never an answer to an earlier question. That's just a lousy 'deflection trick'.
In conversational ethics, it is considered a very basic form of escapism.

You are the poet, and have probably lived long enough to have personally witnessed it when it happened
for the first time ever on this planet - maybe zillions of years ago - maybe it was dinosaurs those days.
But an eye-witness's account is always far more valuable than all those hear-says / copy-pastes.

I'll take your view as authentic " Ancient Wisdom ".

So, go ahead ........ shoot.

Capt VT

OK capt V.T.
The ancient wisdom says there CAN be no offspring without any parents.
So most certainly the hen appeared first. After it laid eggs and they hatched
the perpetual puzzle of which came first came into being.
Now without deflecting and only after reflecting thoroughly,
answer my question and tell me which appeared first...
the seed or the tree???
P.S
The seed can't be considered as an offspring of a tree! :moony:

Ok Ok

" Highly Animated Females " - if you want it that way [ I mean the giraffes ! ].

The "eye-witness account" was very valuable - I am truly enlightened.

But in your times, there must've been dinosaurs - in evolution .......... Oh No, if I ever used
that word - you'll post the whole pantheon of the 10 avatars, all over again - maybe for the 1000th time !

Ok, since you actually saw it, I'll accept your word - the dinosaur DID come before its egg.

Capt VT

Ok Ok

" Highly Animated Females " - if you want it that way [ I mean the giraffes ! ].

The "eye-witness account" was very valuable - I am truly enlightened.

But in your times, there must've been dinosaurs - in evolution .......... Oh No, if I ever used
that word - you'll post the whole pantheon of the 10 avatars, all over again - maybe for the 1000th time !

Ok, since you actually saw it, I'll accept your word - the dinosaur DID come before its egg.

Capt VT

:bored:.......:sleep:

A North Indian Discovers Thiruvalluvar

Click here May 16, 2013

I (Harsh Gupta) was travelling via a cab in Singapore yesterday, and as usual started talking with the cab driver. He is a 3rd generation Tamil here.

During the discussion about religion and philosophy, he mentioned Thiruvalluvar. ..I discover(ed) what a giant Thiruvalluvar was/is for Tamil philosophy, poetry, ethics, spirituality etc.

I consider myself ..well-educated… . Yet I know more about obscure Jewish, German, French, Russian, American, even Arab personalities over the ages – than about giants back home.

Although I did my college abroad, but I did do my schooling in India -and I do not think Indian colleges in say Delhi University ever end up discussing Thiruvalluvar unless the discipline is Tamil language itself.

I am ….. an atheist….. who finds most religion to be much ado about nothing. But Thiruvalluvar is ….. India’s Confucius. This is so much more than religion.

We learn so little about India – or at least about parts of India from which we do not hail – and we are taught so little about our own heritage that it is absolutely criminal…There is a distinct lack of pride in being Indian, in being Hindu, in being Tamil, Bengali Rajasthani, Haryanvi, whatever. To imagine that this is irrelevant and does not have very deep psychological consequences on a child growing up is to delude ourselves.

Harshad Gupta [FONT=&quot]May 16, 2013[/FONT]

Why I am going to India by Bill Gates
Why-Im-Going-to-India

From that blog

"India is in an interesting position: It has both a deep understanding of the challenges and great capacity to help solve them. India’s cities are flush with highly educated people working in well-funded labs, as well as extremely poor communities like the slum in Uttar Pradesh that I visited last year. That makes the country an ideal place to understand both the problems and the solutions. This is one reason why I try to visit at least once a year, and why I’ll be spending a few days there later this month."

The companions, the relationships, the work, the ideas and the beliefs and the dogmas that we hold have produced a monstrous world, a world of conflict, misery and perpetual sorrow. We accept it as normal condition, we put up with it day after day; we never inquire into the necessity, the urgency of a revolution that is neither economical nor political but much more fundamental.

No inquiry is ever possible when the mind is tethered to any kind of dogma, tradition or belief. The difficulty is not that we are not capable of inquiring, not that we are incapable of investigating, but we are apparently totally in
capable of letting things go, putting things aside and therefore with a fresh mind, with a young, innocent mind, looking at the world and all the appalling things that are taking place in it.

Only when you can destroy completely everything that you have held sacred or right or virtuous that you can find out what is truth.

If one has observed sufficiently the things that are happening – not only mechanically, technically, but
also in our relationships between people – when one observes that progress throughout the world is denying freedom, the strength of society in which the individual has completely ceased to be, and how nationalities are dividing themselves more and more, one will see that some kind of deep revolt must come about.

Society controls our minds, shapes our hearts, our actions, whether you live in a communist, Hindu or Christian world. Society with its structure shapes the mind of every human being, consciously or unconsciously. The culture in which we live – the traditions, religions, politics and education – past and present, shapes our thought. And to bring about a
complete revolution – a crisis in consciousness – you must question the structure of society.
We are concerned with bringing about a different action, mind, a different entity as a human being; and to go into that profoundly, we must not be slaves to words.

Society is relationship. And that social structure, as it is now, is based on ambition, greed, envy, seeking power, position, prestige and all the things that man has set up as being extraordinarily significant in life. That is the actual fact – not your gods, not the Gita, not your guru, not your saints and saviours, but the daily life in which you are, which is your ambition, your greed, your envy, your pursuit of power and wealth and position which you
want. And, without altering that radically, without breaking down the whole system, you cannot have a religious revolution.

A religious revolution is not concerned with reaction at all. It is concerned with dealing with a fact and destroying that fact; that is, being aware that our relationship, our social structure is based on this extraordinary sense of values – on ambition, greed, envy
– and destroying that completely in ourselves, to tally, wholly eradicating it. That is the beginning of a religious revolution – not the pursuit of an idea, which you call God.

You need a new mind because a new world has to be created – not by politicians, but by you and me who are just ordinary average persons, because it is we that have to change completely, it is we that have to bring about a mutation in our minds and hearts.

It is only when the mind is completely quiet, free of conflict – it is only then that the mind can go very far into the realms that are beyond time, thought and feeling.

An interesting information from
from Shri Krishnamurthy

Last edited:
Three interesting videos on Magic tricks with word play. The first two are on crossword puzzles and the last one is with scrabble. The magician is David Kwong David Kwong - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and David Kwong :: Puzzles And Prestidigitation ( a graduate of Harvard University). David Kwong now works for Dreamworks Animation and he is involved in the making of Kung Fu Panda
Warning: If you do not like Puzzles or Wordplay these videos may not be of interest.

1) David Kwong - Puzzles & Prestidigitation - YouTube (Will Shortz New York Times Puzzle editor)

2) The Magician and the Crossword - Video - The New York Times (more crossword puzzle trick)

3) David Kwong - Scrabble Trick - YouTube (scrabble)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back