• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Occasional Piece of Interesting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
.......... Now that she is back in station and forum get ready for the
t5.gif
Dear Sis,

First half of the statement is true but do I do the second half?? :confused:

P.S: I am called 'nalla peNmaNi' by one of our new friends! :thumb:

Ha Tmt RR is back.

I have had no reason to doubt the 'Nalla Penmani' thing - just that visualizing a lady with a
Japa Mala in hand, going " Sri Yennaya Namaha, Sri Yennaya Namaha, Sri Yennaya Namaha .... " ,

I'd better run, before she throws a karandi at me !

Capt VT

You are right SS Ji.

Now that the karandi is taking some time to be flung - "Sri Athanaya Namaha, Sri Athanaya Namaha ... "

I think, "Athan" comes from "Athai's Son" - Morai Ponnu - Morai Paiyan etc etc.

Jai Sri Ram.

Yay Yem

My vote is for Smt. Susheela, any day! Her crystal clear voice is yet to be bestowed on anyone.

Even Ms. Latha comes next to her, imho! :thumb:

Tmt VR

Wonder how Raji Mam would do it, without offending her Hubby Sahib. In our culture
ladies ladies do not address their hubbies by name, so instead of " Ram Ram Ram ....... "
would it be " Yenna Yenna Yenna ........................ ".

"Kanavane Kan Kanda Deivam" !

[ She has been quiet for while .......... just to tickle her up a bit ]

Capt. Yay Yem

Captain Sir!
When you posted that “In our culture ladies do not address their hubbies by name”,
I couldn’t help wondering “what was captain thinking?” For quite some time now, I have been hearing young ladies addressing hubbies not just by his name, but also as “da” , “endaa” and “dey Ramoo” etc. And the hubbies dare not address their wives as ‘dee’ or ‘endee’

Dr Ross

Your post # 761

Ha, it had the desired effect - that was just meant to tickle her up a bit. Then, it's a question of how 'young' a lady
you consider her to be. I guess she must have been a 'young' lady when M.K.Gandhi was in his half pants !
Then [ those days ] surely husbands were not addressed by their first names.

Yes, no man in his right senses these days would have the guts to address his wife 'dee' - big trouble will follow.

I remember reading this little episode [ I think it was Winston Churchill ] to whom a sarcastic lady said something like
" If I were your wife, I'd flavor your coffee with poison".

Churchill replied " And if I were your husband, I would gladly drink it ".

The Captain just noted that the 'young' lady was silent for while - I understand she was on one of her jaunts
to Kerala / Coimbatore, with her Jaba Malai and going " Sri....... Namah, Sri....... Namah, Sri........ Namah ".

A lady's handbag is a mini survival kit for an expedition to the Antarctic. No man can ever figure-out what they carry in it
and why. Somehow, things just seem to 'materialise' of out of these innocent looking hand bags! Mostly the wrong things
at the most awkward moments.

This 'young ' lady's has at least two things that I know of :

1 . An inch tape - for matchmaking
2 . A Jaba Malai - for not offending Hubby Sahib.

Now, Dr Ross - just wait and see - Avvaiyar will throw the karandi on me .

Guruvethunai
Capt VT

Last edited:

Dear A M Sir,

You might have got a big 'egg' in history, I am sure!

M K Gandhi was born in the year 1869 and if you try to tickle a lady, if at all she is alive,

who was young when M K G was in half pants, she would have surely died! :rip:
Your imagination runs riot while you think of what I carry in my handbag! :decision:

P.S: How do you expect an answer from my Sis, when you tease me?? :confused:

Captain Sir!
When you posted that “In our culture ladies do not address their hubbies by name”,
I couldn’t help wondering “what was captain thinking?” For quite some time now, I have been hearing young ladies addressing hubbies not just by his name, but also as “da” , “endaa” and “dey Ramoo” etc. And the hubbies dare not address their wives as ‘dee’ or ‘endee’

I know a girl in close family circle who always calls her husband with the prefix dey
so much so that when she calls out just his name he does not register it due to the missing prefix!

Dr Ross

Your post # 761

Ha, it had the desired effect - that was just meant to tickle her up a bit. Then, it's a question of how 'young' a lady
you consider her to be. I guess she must have been a 'young' lady when M.K.Gandhi was in his half pants !
Then [ those days ] surely husbands were not addressed by their first names.

Yes, no man in his right senses these days would have the guts to address his wife 'dee' - big trouble will follow.

I remember reading this little episode [ I think it was Winston Churchill ] to whom a sarcastic lady said something like
" If I were your wife, I'd flavor your coffee with poison".

Churchill replied " And if I were your husband, I would gladly drink it ".

The Captain just noted that the 'young' lady was silent for while - I understand she was on one of her jaunts
to Kerala / Coimbatore, with her Jaba Malai and going " Sri....... Namah, Sri....... Namah, Sri........ Namah ".

A lady's handbag is a mini survival kit for an expedition to the Antarctic. No man can ever figure-out what they carry in it
and why. Somehow, things just seem to 'materialise' of out of these innocent looking hand bags! Mostly the wrong things
at the most awkward moments.

This 'young ' lady's has at least two things that I know of :

1 . An inch tape - for matchmaking
2 . A Jaba Malai - for not offending Hubby Sahib.

Now, Dr Ross - just wait and see - Avvaiyar will throw the karandi on me .

Guruvethunai
Capt VT

Capt. Vicious thug!

A lady is as young as she looks.

Believe me, my little sister can pass off for a lady in her mid thirties.

If she wears her cute chudhidars and can pass off for a college student.

So either way you will get a surprise when you see her.

I can think up of some more women who would say the same nasty dialogue told to Churchill by a mad dame. :)

My sister can make miracles happen. I missed a family reunion due to another episode of viral fever.

Yet she has included me in the group photo along with those who were physically present there.

It is a like magic with my father's photo in the background, my mother smiling and glittering in her Pon Aadai, all the sisters and my sister in law around her- including me who was nowhere near that place.

I could post it here for proof but I need everybody's permission to do so.

But for the mini survival kit carried by ladies, men will be always in tight corners and hotspots!

Just make M.A.M forget her handbag next time when you out and you will know what I am talking about.

Inch tape won't suffice since the boy for whom R.R is hunting a bride is 6' 6" tall and the bride must be at least ~ 6'

You must be knowing that the inch tapes used in homes and by tailors can measure only 60" or 5'

While most ladies are happy to make dosais with karandis, I am dexterous enough to use both the ends equally well.

The cold kuzhiyal end for rapping on the hard domes and the hot handle for scorching in the leg. Not that I have actually done it so far - but my fingers get itchy off and on.

So in the next encounter avviyaar may not giving a deluge of words but the juiciest from both the ends of a ladle.

(I love the rhyme involved in cold kuzhiyal and the hot handle!)

So next time You can just ask me for these fringe benefits mentioned here even without having to tickle pink my little sister.

I am sure these news items will delight the
relentless egg collectors - known and unknown to us! :happy:

What does a person do when he has more money
than he can ever spend in his lifetime??? :popcorn:

Go and buy the biggest egg which may be 7 centuries old!!! :rolleyes:

Ref: Post #766.

The third and fourth lines reminded me of Sri. Subbudu's comment on Kumari Kamala!

அரிதாரம் பூசி மேடை ஏறிவிட்டால்,
அவர் மார்க்கண்டேயிதான் - உபயம் Max Factor!

P.S: My brand is different! ;)

Ref: Post #766.

The third and fourth lines reminded me of Sri. Subbudu's comment on Kumari Kamala!

அரிதாரம் பூசி மேடை ஏறிவிட்டால்,
அவர் மார்க்கண்டேயிதான் - உபயம் Max Factor!

P.S: My brand is different! ;)

This dialogue applies to most lady artists-especially dancers.

I myself have been told this several times that
I become a completely different person on the stage.
2uge4p4.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back