• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

New Thread: "Motivational/Inspirational Articles"

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you are faced with things that lower your morale, remember these :

When Life has you feeling Down, Keep these Words in Mind... - YouTube

Hope I have the permission to give video messages of inspiration.
Motivational materials are important... Dear Ranganathan Sir, in any way or in any form you can give good topics to the readers... you are always welcome... When we post good articles, we too learn from them... It is a mutual benefit... Respects..Anandi

[FONT=&quot]A lengthy & Meaningful debate. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

An atheist professor of philosophy speaks to his class on the problem
science has with God. He asks one of his new students to stand and.....

Professor: You are a believer of God, aren't you, son?

Student: Absolutely, sir.

Prof: Is God good?

Student: Sure.

Prof: Is God all-powerful?

Student: Yes.

Prof: My brother died of cancer even though he prayed to God to heal
him. Most of us would attempt to help others who are ill. But God didn't.
How is this God good then? Hmm?The student is silent.)

Prof: You can't answer, can you? Let's start again, young fella. Is God
good?

Prof: Is ! Satan good?

Student: No.

Prof: Where does Satan come from?

Student: From...God

Prof: That's right. Tell me son, is there evil in this world

Student: Yes

Prof: Evil is everywhere, isn't it? And God did make everything.
correct?

Prof: So who created evil? The student does not answer.)

Prof: Is there sickness? Immorality? Hatred? Ugliness? All these
terrible things exist in the world, don't they?

Student: Yes, sir.

Prof: So, who created them? (The student has no answer.)

Prof: Tell me, son. Do you believe in God?

Student: Yes, professor, I do.

Prof: Science says you have 5 senses you use to identify and observe the
world around you. Have you ever seen God?

Student : No, sir.

Prof: Tell us if you have ever heard your God?

Student: No, sir.

Prof: Have you ever felt your God, tasted your God, smelt your God? Have
you ever had any sensory perception of God or God for that matter?

Student: No, sir. I'm afraid I haven't.

Prof: Yet you still believe in Him?

Prof: According to empirical, testable, demonstrable protocol, science
says your God doesn't exist. What do you say to that, son?

Student: Nothing. I only have my faith

Prof: Yes. Faith. And that is th! e problem science has

Student: Professor, is there such a thing as heat?

Prof: Yes.

Student: And is there such a thing as cold?

Prof: Yes

Student: No sir. There isn't..The lecture theatre becomes very quiet
with this turn of events.)

Student: Sir, you can have lots of heat, even more heat, superheat,
mega heat, white heat, a little heat or no heat. But we don't have
anything
called cold. We can hit 458 degrees below zero which is no heat, but

we can't go any further after that. There is no such thing as cold. Cold is only a word we use to
describe the absence of heat. We cannot measure cold. Heat is
energy. Cold is not the opposite of heat, sir, just the absence of
it. (There is pin-drop silence in the lecture theatre.)

Student: What about darkness, Professor? Is there such a thing as darkness?

Prof: Yes. What is night if there isn't darkness?

Student: You're wrong again, sir. Darkness is the absence of something.
You can have low light, normal light, bright light, flashing light.....But if you have no light constantly, you have nothing and
it's called darkness, isn't it? In reality,
darkness isn't. If it were you would be able to make darkness darker, wouldn't you?

Prof: So what ! is the point you are making, young man?

Student: Sir, my point is your philosophical premise is flawed.

Prof: Flawed? Can you explain how?

Student: Sir, you are working on the premise of duality. You argue
there is life and then there is death, a good God and a bad God. You are viewing
the concept of God as something finite, something we can measure. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Sir, science can't even explain a thought. It uses electricity and magnetism, but has never
seen, much less fully understood either one. To view death as the
opposite of life is to be ignorant of the fact that death cannot
exist as a substantive thing. Death is not the opposite of life:
just the absence of it. Now tell me, Professor. Do you teach your
students that they evolved from a monkey?

Prof: If you are referring to the natural evolutionary process, yes,
of course, I do.

Student: Have you ever observed evolution with your own eyes, sir?

(The Professor shakes his head with a smile, beginning to realize
where the argument is going.)
Student: Since no one has ever observed the process of evolution at
work and cannot even prove that this process is an on-going
endeavor, are you not teaching your opinion, sir? Are you not a
scientist but a preacher?
(The class is in uproar.)

Student: Is there anyone in the class who has ever seen the
Professor's brain? (The class breaks out into laughter)

Student: Is there anyone here who! Has ever heard the Professor's
brain, felt it, touched or smelt it?.....No one appears to have done
so. So, according to the established rules of empirical, stable,
demonstrable protocol, science says that you have no brain, sir. With all due respect, sir, how do we then trust your lectures, sir? The room is silent. The professor stares at the student, his face unfathomable.)

Prof: I guess you'll have to take them on faith, son.

Student: That is it sir.. The link between man & God is FAITH. That is
all that keeps things moving & alive. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

The Secret

One day, one friend asked another,
"How is it that you are always so happy?
You have so much energy,
and you never seem to get down."

With her eyes smiling, she said,
"I know the Secret!"
"What secret is that?"
To which she replied,
"I'll tell you all about it,
but you have to promise to
share the Secret with others."

"The Secret is this:
I have learned there is little I can do
in my life that will make me truly happy..
I must depend on God to make
me happy and to meet my needs.
When a need arises in my life,
I have to trust God to supply
according to HIS riches.
I have learned most of the time
I don't need half of what I think I do.
He has never let me down.
Since I learned that 'Secret', I am happy."

The questioner's first thought was,
"That's too simple!"
But upon reflecting over her own life
she recalled how she thought a bigger house
would make her happy, but it didn't!
She thought a better paying job
would make her happy, but it hadn't.
When did she realize her greatest happiness?
Sitting on the floor with her grandchildren,
playing games, eating pizza or reading a story,
a simple gift from God.

Now you know it too!
We can't depend on people to make us happy.
Only GOD in His infinite wisdom can do that.
Trust HIM!

And now I pass the Secret on to you!
So once you get it, what will you do??

Not to rush into judgments....

A woman was waiting at an airport one night With several long hours before her flight. She hunted for a book in the airport shop Bought a bag of cookies and found a place to drop. She was engrossed in her book but happened to see That the man beside her as bold as could be Grabbed a cookie or two from the bag between Which she tried to ignore to avoid a scene. She munched cookies and watched the clock As this gutsy cookie thief diminished her stock.

She was getting more irritated as the minutes ticked by Thinking "If I wasn't so nice I'd blacken his eye". With each cookie she took he took one too And when only one was left she wondered what he'd do. With a smile on his face and a nervous laugh He took the last cookie and broke it in half.
He offered her half as he ate the other She snatched it from him and thought "Oh brother, this guy has some nerve and he's also rude Why he didn't even show any gratitude".

She had never known when she had been so galled and sighed with relief when her flight was called. She gathered her belongings and headed for the gate Refusing to look back at the thieving ingrate. She boarded the plane and sank in her seat Then sought her book which was almost complete. As she reached in her baggage she gasped with surprise There was her bag of cookies in front of her eyes:

"If mine are here" she moaned with despair "Then the others were his and he tried to share"
"Too late to apologize she realized with grief" That she was the rude one, the ungrateful, the thief

Unwanted Stone...
A Man Asked A Sculptors: How Do You Make Such Beautiful Idols from stone?

He Replied: Idols & Images Are Already Hidden There, I Remove Unwanted Stone only..!

Moral: Your HAPPINESS Is HIDDEN Within You, Just Remove Your W0RRIES

Simply Superb....

1. Ability can never remain Hidden.

2. No injury is deeper than Insult.

3. The birth of tension is the death of Talent.

" A want becomes a have with time "

Excellent stories. Here is a small one from me. I heard it in a management session.

A man was walking through a town with his young son. They saw a worker laying bricks and asked him what was he doing. The worker replied that this was all hard work with out much benefit. He had no choice but to go through this to survive.

They walked further and saw another worker laying bricks and asked him what was he doing. The worker replied that he had a family with two children. He is working to take care of his family. With his earnings he will educate his children who will lead a much better life than him.

They walked further on and came across another man laying bricks and they put to him the same question they had asked the other two. The worker replied that a big hospital the first one of its kind in the town is being built. This hospital will treat the sick and save many lives and he is proud to be contributing towards this noble goal.

The man turned around and told his son, it is not what you do but your attiude to what your are doing is what really makes the difference between happiness and misery.

The man turned around and told his son, it is not what you do but your attitude to what your are doing is what really makes the difference between happiness and misery.
It is an excellent Story Sir...Thank you so much for posting... Regards..Anandi

1. There are many unforeseen challenges and difficult time call for decision making. We need to have perseverance, be calm , and use common sense while making decision.
  2. Many people suggested that don't take immediate decision and delay the process. Many things will be automatically addressed during this time. May be true. But always take decision promptly and it helped in many ways being the first mover.
  3. Always respect to the age (senior person) and value their opinions.
  4. Always respect people irrespective of their education and professional and background, it will help to develop a good bond with everyone surrounding you.
  5. Being humble always pay.
  6. Sharing & caring without any expectations and rewards.
  7. Be open to learn from any one.
  8. Don't react. Listen carefully and give opinion without hurting anyone's sentiments.
  9. Walk the extra mile. It really helps.
  10. Whenever angry count 10. It helps.
  11. Take responsibility and accountability. Proactive really helps.
  12. Do what you say and say what you do.
  13. Be passionate what you do, it brings excellence.
  14. Everyone has the equal opportunity to grow, it only matter how we take the challenge.
  15. Keep doing the good works, it really help in many ways.
  16. Be a good human being--- most of the problems get resolved.

A touching story.... A must read.......

Wait for the brick....

A young and successful executive was traveling down a neighborhood street, going a bit too fast in his new Jaguar. He was watching for kids darting out from between parked cars and slowed down when he thought he saw something. As his car passed, no children appeared. Instead, a brick smashed into the Jag's side door! He slammed on the brakes and drove the Jag back to the spot where the brick had been thrown. The angry driver then jumped out of the car, grabbed the nearest kid and pushed him up against a parked car, shouting, "What was that all about and who are you?
Just what the heck are you doing?
That's a new car and that brick you threw is going to cost a lot of money.
Why did you do it?"
The young boy was apologetic. "Please mister ... please, I'm sorry... I didn't know what else to do," he pleaded.
"I threw the brick because no one else would stop..."
With tears dripping down his face and off his chin, the youth pointed to a spot just around a parked car.
"It's my brother," he said.
"He rolled off the curb and fell out of his wheelchair and I can't lift him up."

Now sobbing, the boy asked the stunned executive, "Would you please help me get him back into his wheelchair? He's hurt and he's too heavy for me."
Moved beyond words, the driver tried to swallow the rapidly swelling lump in his throat. He hurriedly lifted the handicapped boy back into the wheelchair, then took out his fancy handkerchief and dabbed at the fresh scrapes and cuts. A quick look told him everything was going to be okay.

"Thank you and may God bless you," the grateful child told the stranger.
Too shook up for words, the man simply watched the little boy push his wheelchair-bound brother down the sidewalk toward their home. It was a long, slow walk back to the Jaguar. The damage was very noticeable, but the driver never bothered to repair the dented side door. He kept the dent there to remind him of this message: Don't go through life so fast that someone has to throw a brick at you to get your attention!

God whispers in our souls and speaks to our hearts. Sometimes when we don't have time to listen, He has to throw a brick at us.

It's our choice: Listen to the whisper ... or wait for the brick!

http://www.citehr.com/18675-wait-brick.html#ixzz1VYzKqnNN

Leadership by example

Hello Anandi,

Very moving. We find it so hard in this fast moving world to stop a while to support some one else. I remember having read some where that it does not matter how much high you go but what matters is how many you take along with you.
Here is one more small story from me. Again heard it in a training session. Narrating in first person as it was told though it did not happen to me.
"One day as usual I entered the railway station to catch a train to my office. I found the platform strewn with papers all over. All of us walked around to find an empty space. An elderly person probably in his late fifties or early sixties walked in, looked around and started picking up the papers and dumped them in the dustbin. He cleared as much as he could before his train came which he boarded. After he left we watched each other in the platform shamefacedly.
Slowly one by one started picking up the papers and put them in the dustbin. In no time the platform was sparkling clean."

A classic case of leadership by example. Leadership is not something which resides only with Presidents or CEOs. It may be displayed in every day life. One has just to look for it and if possible provide it where ever possible.

Have a nice day.

A classic case of leadership by example. Leadership is not something which resides only with Presidents or CEOs. It may be displayed in every day life. One has just to look for it and if possible provide it where ever possible.

You are absolutely true Sir, most of us just wait for an initiative.. let someone else do, then I will.. we will not show the spirit to start first. All have got leadership power and the motive to do something good. But lack the initiation to start something out of the way and think out of the box. if we individually do some service to the society everyday.. One good service per day, Our country will prosper much faster. Really Sir, better late than never.. I promise you, I will do as much as I can for the service of the society and for our country and people. I will do my best... Thank you for the nice post... Keep posting... have a wonderful Sunday.. Anandi

Subject - A Real Incident,.............

Not long ago, a man who loved his family lost everyone in an accident. Out of the family he loved his daughter the most. The loss really affected him in a way that he isolated from the world. Became a person who had so much time to think about his princess and not be able to hold her ever again. He found solitude in driving rather than anything else. He would put gas into his car and just drive. Destination is something he never cared, but just drove for hours until he returns to the house where life seemed to have vanished.

Like every other day, he started to drive. He had to cross the border this time so he drove to the teller. He had to pay 2.75 instead he paid with a 10 dollar bill and just drove off without waiting for the change. The man at the teller tried to give it back but only to find the man has driven away. The next day he went shopping to begin his new hobby of driving. After the shopping he came to find that there was a child in his front seat. The girl was crying, so he gave her the milk he bought and thought what to do about it. He picked up the newspaper to see if anyone reported a child missing, on the front page, the story related to a family's child being kidnapped. Without taking the girl to the police, he took the child to her parents.

The father of the girl opened the door. The joy on his face made everything feel alright. He handed the child to the man, only to be arrested by the police for the kidnapping. He tried explaining to the police of what happened, but the inspector only believed that he kidnapped the kid since he lost the child of his own. He remained in the jail for a week.

The teller who had seen the man on the papers, came to the inspector and explained how he couldn't have kidnapped the girl and how he was the person who had not taken a change at the border when he went for the drive. So the police released the man who had lost so much. The inspector was curious as to why the man had taken the child to her parents rather than to the police. So the inspector asked him directly why he had taken the child to her parents.

"I wanted to see the face of the father who had lost his child and got it back"

The inspector remained speechless as the man walked off....

10 keys to bring more inspiration into your lifehttp://groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/enjoythemasti

Have you ever asked yourself what is inspiration?

When the word inspiration is broken down into it's component parts, it simply means "in - spirit".

When you are living "in - spirit" You feel excited about yourself and your life. You have a special connection with all parts of your mind and body.

The question is how can we connect to our spirit at all times to take that actions that make all things possible ?

Below are ten keys to opening your doors to your inspiration.

1. The first key to inspiration is enjoyment. It would take a spiritual master to get inspired about doing the dishes. So find something that really excites you. It can be anything that you really enjoy.

2. The second key is love. When you are actively pouring love into what you are doing, this will guarantee that you are opening yourself to experiencing more inspiration.

3. The third key is to trust yourself. Listen to that little voice inside yourself and know that this comes from heart. This is called intuition.

4. The fourth key is to follow what your intuition tells you. The more you listen to it, the stronger your intuition will become. If you don't pay attention, that little voice gets fainter and fainter until you can no longer hear it.

5. The fifth key is to keep telling yourself "I can". These are some of the most powerful words that you can ever use. When you say this to yourself often enough, you build abridge between yourself and your inspiration.

6. The sixth key is not to listen to anyone that says "no you can't". They might think that they may not be able to, and try to project this negative belief onto you, but remember to keep telling yourself that, "I can! "

7. The seventh key is to believe in yourself. When you are backed by a strong belief in yourself and your dreams, nothing is impossible.

8. The eighth key is to avoid negativity. Ask yourself, do you really need to read the newspaper or watch the news on TV everyday ? Nothing kills inspiration quicker than being surrounded by bad news.

9. The ninth key is acceptance. Accept that on some days you feel much more inspired than on others. This is normal, nobody can be completely inspired every minute of the day.

10. The tenth key is possibly the most important of all. Take action every day, no matter how small a step it seems. Action is the fuel to the fires of inspiration. Make it a daily practise to keep your fire burning. The taking of actions, no matter how small, will fill you with inspiration for taking the next step

The other side of the coin...

A Mother was reading a magazine and her cute little daughter every now and then distracted her. To keep her busy, she tore one page on which was printed the map of the world. She tore it into pieces and asked her to go to her room and put them together to make the map again.

She was sure her daughter would take a lot more time and probably whole of day to get it done. But the little one came back within minutes with perfect map.

When she asked how she could do it so quickly, she said, "Oh Mom, there is a man's face on the other side of the paper. I made the face perfect to get the map right." she ran outside to play leaving the mother surprised.

Moral :
Perhaps there is always the other side to whatever you experience in this world. This story indirectly teaches a lesson. That is, whenever we come across a challenge or a puzzling situation, look at the other side...and will be surprised to see an easy way to tackle the problem or an acute difficulty.

Eight lies of a Mother..

This story begins when I was a child: I was born poor. Often we hadn't enough to eat. Whenever we had some food, Mother often gave me her portion of rice. While she was transferring her rice into my bowl, she would say "Eat this rice, son! I'm not hungry."This was Mother's First Lie.

As I grew, Mother gave up her spare time to fish in a river near our house; she hoped that from the fish she caught, she could give me a little bit more nutritious food for my growth. Once she had caught just two fish, she would make fish soup. While I was eating the soup, mother would sit beside me and eat the what was still left on the bone of the fish I had eaten, My heart was touched when I saw it. Once I gave the other fish to her on my chopstick but she immediately refused it and said, "Eat this fish, son! I don't really like fish."This was Mother's Second Lie.

Then, in order to fund my education, Mother went to a Match Factory to bring home some used matchboxes, which she filled with fresh matchsticks. This helped her get some money to cover our needs. One wintry night I awoke to find Mother filling the matchboxes by candlelight. So I said, "Mother, go to sleep; it's late: you can continue working tomorrow morning." Mother smiled and said "Go to sleep, son! I'm not tired."This was Mother's Third Lie.

When I had to sit my Final Examination, Mother accompanied me. After dawn, Mother waited for me for hours in the heat of the sun. When the bell rang, I ran to meet her.. Mother embraced me and poured me a glass of tea that she had prepared in a thermos. The tea was not as strong as my Mother's love, Seeing Mother covered with perspiration, I at once gave her my glass and asked her to drink too. Mother said "Drink, son! I'm not thirsty!".This was Mother's Fourth Lie.

After Father's death, Mother had to play the role of a single parent. She held on to her former job; she had to fund our needs alone. Our family's life was more complicated. We suffered from starvation. Seeing our family's condition worsening, my kind Uncle who lived near my house came to help us solve our problems big and small. Our other neighbors saw that we were poverty stricken so they often advised my mother to marry again. But Mother refused to remarry saying "I don't need love."This was Mother's Fifth Lie.

After I had finished my studies and gotten a job, it was time for my old Mother to retire but she carried on going to the market every morning just to sell a few vegetables. I kept sending her money but she was steadfast and even sent the money back to me. She said, "I have enough money."That was Mother's Sixth Lie.

I continued my part-time studies for my Master's Degree. Funded by the American Corporation for which I worked, I succeeded in my studies. With a big jump in my salary, I decided to bring Mother to enjoy life in America but Mother didn't want to bother her son; she said to me "I'm not used to high living."That was Mother's Seventh Lie.

In her dotage, Mother was attacked by cancer and had to be hospitalized. Now living far across the ocean, I went home to visit Mother who was bedridden after an operation. Mother tried to smile but I was heartbroken because she was so thin and feeble but Mother said, "Don't cry, son! I'm not in pain."That was Mother's Eighth Lie.

Telling me this, her eighth lie, she died. YES, MOTHER WAS AN ANGEL ! M - O - T - H - E - R

"M" is for the Million things she gave me,
"O" means Only that she's growing old,
"T" is for the Tears she shed to save me,
"H" is for her Heart of gold,
"E" is for her Eyes with love-light shining in them,
"R" means Right, and right she'll always be,

Put them all together, they spell "MOTHER" a word that means the world to me.

For those of you who are lucky to be still blessed with your Mom's presence on Earth, this story is beautiful. For those who aren't so blessed, this is even more beautiful. This story was shared by a wonderful lady who loves her parents so much. she is the only child who still takes care of her aging parents financially and physically. My dear, you are truly an admirable daughter.
Author- Unknown....

I like this story very very much... It touched my heart to the deep because.. I am also a blessed daughter, My mother is with me and I am fortunate enough to get her presence and blessings till today. More than I take care of her, my sons are getting the warmth of my mother's love and affection and blessings to the fullest... That is more important to me...(touch wood !!) Anandi :kiss:

A story worth sharing..... I thank you all.....

One day a teacher asked her students to list the names of the other students in the room on two sheets of paper, leaving a space between each name.

Then she told them to think of the nicest thing they could say about each of their classmates and write it down.

It took the remainder of the class period to finish their assignment, and as the students left the room, each one handed in the papers.

That Saturday, the teacher wrote down the name of each student on a separate sheet of paper, and listed what everyone else had said about that individual..

On Monday she gave each student his or her list. Before long, the entire class was smiling. 'Really?' she heard whispered. 'I never knew that I meant anything to anyone!' and, 'I didn't know others liked me so much,' were most of the comments.

No one ever mentioned those papers in class again. She never knew if they discussed them after class or with their parents, but it didn't matter. The exercise had accomplished its purpose. The students were happy with themselves and one another. That group of students moved on.

Several years later, one of the students was killed in Vietnam and his teacher attended the funeral of that special student. She had never seen a serviceman in a military coffin before. He looked so handsome, so mature.

The church was packed with his friends. One by one those who loved him took a last walk by the coffin. The teacher was the last one to bless the coffin..

As she stood there, one of the soldiers who acted as pallbearer came up to her. 'Were you Mark's math teacher?' he asked. ! She nodded: 'yes.' Then he said: 'Mark talked about you a lot.'

After the funeral, most of Mark's former classmates went together to a luncheon. Mark's mother and father were there, obviously waiting to speak with his teacher.

'We want to show you something,' his father said, taking a wallet out of his pocket 'They found this on Mark when he was killed. We thought you might recognize it.'

Opening the billfold, he carefully removed two worn pieces of notebook paper that had obviously been taped, folded and refolded many times. The teacher knew without looking that the papers were the ones on which she had listed all the good things each of Mark's classmates had said about him.

'Thank you so much for doing that,' Mark's mother said. 'As you can see, Mark treasured it.'

All of Mark's former classmates started to gather around. Charlie smiled rather sheepishly and said, 'I still have my list. It's in the top drawer of my desk at home.'

Chuck's wife said, 'Chuck asked me to put his in our wedding album.'

'I have mine too,' Marilyn said. 'It's in my diary'

Then Vicki, another classmate, reached into her pocketbook, took out her wallet and showed her worn and frazzled list to the group. 'I carry this with me at all times,' Vicki said and without batting an eyelash, she continued: 'I think we all saved our lists'

That's when the teacher finally sat down and cried. She cried for Mark and for all his friends who would never see him again.

The density of people in society is so thick that we forget that life will end one day. And we don't know when that one day will be.

So please, tell the people you love and care for, that they are special and important. Tell them, before it is too late.

(And for me... you are all very special, talented and wonderful friends I can ever get in my life... I thank you All from the bottom of my heart..... With lots of love and affection.... Always Yours..Anandi :))

:typing: Subject: Indian History as written by a school boy : Thought provoking reading !!

(Indian History : Supposedly written by a schoolboy with all original
spellings:)

The original nhabitants of ancient India were called Adidases, who
lived in two cities called Hariappa and Mujhe-na-Daro. These cties

had the best drain system in the orld and so there was no brain drain
from them. Ancient India was full of myths which have been handed own
from son to father. A myth is a female moth. A collection of myths is

called mythology, which means stories with female caricatures. one
myth says that people in olden times worshipped monkeys because they
were our ncestors. In olden times there were two big families in India . One was called

the Pandava and the other was called the Karova. They fought amongst
themselves in a battle called mahabharat, after which India came to be
known as MeraBharat Mahan.
In midevil times India was ruled by the Slave Dienasty. So named

because they all died a nasty death. Then came the Tughlaqs who
shifted their capital from Delhi because of its pollution. They were
followed by the Mowglis. The greatest Mowgli was Akbar because he
extinguished himself on the battlefield of Panipat which is in

Hurryana. But his son Jehangir was peace loving; he married one Hindu
wife and kept 300 porcupines. Then came Shahajahan who had 14 sons..
Family planning had not been invented at that time. He also built the
Taj Mahal hotel for his wife who now sleeps there. The king sent all

his sons away to distant parts of India because they started
quarrelling. Dara Seiko was sent to UP, Shaikh Bhakhtiyar was sent to
J & K, while Orangezip came to Bombay to fight Shivaji. However,after
that they changed its name to Mumbai because Shivaji's sena did not

like it. They also do not like New Delhi , so they are calling it Door
Darshan.
After the Mowglis came Vasco the Gama. He was an exploder who was
circumcising India with a 100 foot clipper. Then came the British.

They brought with them many inventions such as cricket, tramtarts and
steamed railways. They were followed by the French who brought in
French fries, pizzazz and laundry. But Robert Clive drove them out
when he deafened Duplex who was out membered since the British had the

queen on their side.
Eventually, the British came to Overrule India because there was too
much diversity in our unity. The British overruled India for a long
period.They were great expotents and impotents. They started expoting

salt from India and impoting cloth. This was not liked by Mahatma
Gandhi who wanted to produce his own salt. This was called the Swedish
moment. During this moment, many people burnt their lion cloths in the
street and refused to wear anything else. The British became very

angry at this and stopped the production of Indian testiles.
In 1920, Mahatma Gandhi was married to one wife. Soon after he became
the father of the nation. In 1942 he started the Quiet India moment,
so named because the British were quietly lootoing our country. In

1947, India became free and its people became freely loving. This
increased our population. Its government became a limited mockery,
which means people are allowed to take the law in their own hands with
the help of the police. Our constipation is the best in the world

because it says that no man can be hanged twice for the same crime. It
also says you cannot be put in prison if you have not paid your taxis.
Another important thing about our constipation is that it can be
changed. This is not possible with the British constipation because it

is not written on paper. The Indian parlemint consists of two houses
which are called lower and higher. This is because one Mr Honest Abe
said that two houses divided against itself cannot withstand to Pandit

Nehru asked the British for freedom at midnight since the British
were afraid of the dark. At midnight on August 15, there was a tryst
in parlemint in which many participated by wearing khaki and hosting
the flag. Recently in India , there have been a large number of scams

and a plaque,it can be dangerous because many people died of this
plaque in Surat . Scams are all over India . One of these was in Bihar
where holy cows were not given anything to eat by their elected
leader.. The other scam was in Bofor which is a small town in Switzerland.In this, a lot of Indian money was given to buy a gun which can shoot a coot.
Presently India has a coalishun government made up of many parties,
left,right and centre. It has started to library the economy. This

means that there is now no need for a licence as the economy will be
driven by itself. India is also trying to become an Asian tiger because its own Tigers
are being poached. Another important event this year was the Shark

meeting at Dalas Dive. At this place, shark leaders agreed to share
their poverty, pollution and population.
http://groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/enjoythemasti

Last edited:
Succesful people are committed people

Very touching and how true. Who would not like appreciation from others and it takes little effort to be nice. After all every one certainly has some good qualities. What a positive effect it has on people when appreciated. From appreciation I would like to touch upon effort and commitment. This is not a story. Yeasterday I happened to watch on TV an interview with the great cricket bowler Anil Kumble.

He says he started his career as a fast bowler. He did not make progress and was told that he did not have the right style and was advised to try bowling spin. He moved on to off spin bowling and again could not make the grade. Finally he tried bowling leg spin and became a legend as a leg spinner.

We all think great performers have had it easy which is not true. What differentiates them from lesser people is the commitment and will power to go on when others would have given up. It really does not matter how high you go but what marks the calibre of a great personality is how often is one prepared to get up and fight again after being down and out.

Have a nice day!!!!!!

:kiss: Emotional Bonding.....!!!!
Venkatesh Balasubramaniam (an IT guy) describes how his gesture of
booking an air ticket for his father, his
maiden flight, brought forth a
rush of emotions and made him (Venkatesh) realize that how much we all
take for granted when it comes to our parents.

My parents left for our native place on Thursday and we went to the
airport to see them off. In fact, my father had never traveled by air
before, so I just took this opportunity to make him experience the same.
In spite of being asked to book tickets by train, I got them tickets on
Jet Airways.

The moment I handed over the tickets to him, he was surprised to see
that I had booked them by air. The excitement was very apparent on his
face, waiting for the time of travel. Just like a school boy, he was
preparing himself on that day and we all went to the airport, right from
using the trolley for his luggage, the baggage check-in and asking
for
window seat and waiting restlessly for the security check-in to happen.
He was thoroughly enjoying himself and I, too, was overcome with joy
watching him experience all these things.

As they were about to go in for the security check-in, he walked up
to
me with tears in his eyes and thanked me. He became very emotional and
it was not as if I had done something great but the fact that this meant
a great deal to him.

When he said thanks, I told him there was no need to thank me. But
later, thinking about the entire incident, I looked back at my life. As
a child how many dreams our parents have made come true. Without
understanding the financial situation, we ask for cricket bats, dresses,
toys, outings, etc. Irrespective of their affordability, they have
catered to all our needs. Did we ever think about the sacrifices they
had to make to accommodate many of our wishes? Did we ever say thanks
for all that they have done for us?

Same way, today when it comes to our children, we always think that we
should put them in a good school. Regardless of the amount of donation,
we will ensure that we will have to give the child the best, theme
parks, toys, etc. But we tend to forget that our parents have sacrificed
a lot for our sake to see us happy, so it is our
responsibility to
ensure that their dreams are realized and what they failed to see when
they were young, it is our responsibility to ensure that they experience
all those and their life is complete.

Many times, when my parents had asked me some questions, I have actually
answered back without patience. When my daughter asks me something, I
have been very polite in answering. Now I realize how they would have
felt at those moments. Let us realize that old age is a second childhood
and just as we take care
of our children, the same attention and same
care need to be given to our parents and elders.

Rather than my dad saying thank you to me, I would want to say sorry for
making him wait so long for this small dream. I do realize how much he
has sacrificed for my sake and I will do my best to give the best
possible attention to all their wishes. Just because they are old does
not mean that they will have to give up everything and keep sacrificing
for their grandchildren also. They have wishes, too.

The relation between
theTWO Friends is like Eyes and Hands. When Hands get
hurt, Eyes cry and when
Eyes cry, Hands wipe the tears.

:hug:Take care of parents…..they are the precious ones in our life.

:spy:

Man O Man

When without money, eats wild vegetables at home
When has money, eats same wild vegetables in fine restaurant.

When without money, rides bicycle;
When has money, rides exercise machine.

When without money, walks to earn food
When has money, walks to lose the fat

Man O Man ! never fails to deceive thyself !

When without money, wishes to get married;
When has money, wishes to get divorced.

When without money, wife becomes secretary;
When has money, secretary becomes wife.

When without money, acts like rich man;
When has money, acts like poor man.

Man, O Man, never can tell the simple truth !

Says share market is bad but keeps speculating;
Says money is evil but keeps accumulating.
Says high positions are lonely but keeps wanting them.
Says gambling & drinking is bad but keeps indulging;

Man O Man ! Never means what he says and never says what he means!
:car:

Dear Anandi,

Remarkable. How true. Is Venkat a member. Parents and old people (Though I fall in to this category, my mother is living with me) are a neglected lot. The excuse is ,we do care that our life is so busy(or do we make it busy) we do not have the time for them. What we fail to realise is loving your parents is not enough. You must show that you do love and care for them. There in lies the difference to emotional Bonding as Venkat so beautifully brings out.

Have a nice day.

:kiss: Emotional Bonding.....!!!!
Venkatesh Balasubramaniam (an IT guy) describes how his gesture of
booking an air ticket for his father, his
maiden flight, brought forth a
rush of emotions and made him (Venkatesh) realize that how much we all
take for granted when it comes to our parents.

My parents left for our native place on Thursday and we went to the
airport to see them off. In fact, my father had never traveled by air
before, so I just took this opportunity to make him experience the same.
In spite of being asked to book tickets by train, I got them tickets on
Jet Airways.

The moment I handed over the tickets to him, he was surprised to see
that I had booked them by air. The excitement was very apparent on his
face, waiting for the time of travel. Just like a school boy, he was
preparing himself on that day and we all went to the airport, right from
using the trolley for his luggage, the baggage check-in and asking
for
window seat and waiting restlessly for the security check-in to happen.
He was thoroughly enjoying himself and I, too, was overcome with joy
watching him experience all these things.

As they were about to go in for the security check-in, he walked up
to
me with tears in his eyes and thanked me. He became very emotional and
it was not as if I had done something great but the fact that this meant
a great deal to him.

When he said thanks, I told him there was no need to thank me. But
later, thinking about the entire incident, I looked back at my life. As
a child how many dreams our parents have made come true. Without
understanding the financial situation, we ask for cricket bats, dresses,
toys, outings, etc. Irrespective of their affordability, they have
catered to all our needs. Did we ever think about the sacrifices they
had to make to accommodate many of our wishes? Did we ever say thanks
for all that they have done for us?

Same way, today when it comes to our children, we always think that we
should put them in a good school. Regardless of the amount of donation,
we will ensure that we will have to give the child the best, theme
parks, toys, etc. But we tend to forget that our parents have sacrificed
a lot for our sake to see us happy, so it is our
responsibility to
ensure that their dreams are realized and what they failed to see when
they were young, it is our responsibility to ensure that they experience
all those and their life is complete.

Many times, when my parents had asked me some questions, I have actually
answered back without patience. When my daughter asks me something, I
have been very polite in answering. Now I realize how they would have
felt at those moments. Let us realize that old age is a second childhood
and just as we take care
of our children, the same attention and same
care need to be given to our parents and elders.

Rather than my dad saying thank you to me, I would want to say sorry for
making him wait so long for this small dream. I do realize how much he
has sacrificed for my sake and I will do my best to give the best
possible attention to all their wishes. Just because they are old does
not mean that they will have to give up everything and keep sacrificing
for their grandchildren also. They have wishes, too.

The relation between
theTWO Friends is like Eyes and Hands. When Hands get
hurt, Eyes cry and when
Eyes cry, Hands wipe the tears.

:hug:Take care of parents…..they are the precious ones in our life.

Do You Hate Someone?????

A kindergarten teacher has decided to let her class play a game. The teacher told each child in the class to bring along a plastic bag containing a few potatoes. Each potato will be given a name of a person that the child hates, so the number of potatoes that a child will put in his/her plastic bag will depend on the number of people he/she hates. So when the day came, every child brought some potatoes with the name of the people he/she hated. Some had 2 potatoes; some 3 while some up to 5 potatoes. The teacher then told the children to carry with them the potatoes in the plastic bag wherever they go (even to the toilet) for 1 week. Days after days passed by, and the children started to complain due to the unpleasant smell let out by the rotten potatoes. Besides, those having 5 potatoes also had to carry heavier bags. After 1 week, the children were relieved because the game had finally ended.... The teacher asked: "How did you feel while carrying the potatoes with you for 1 week?". The children let out their frustrations and started complaining of the trouble that they had to go through having to carry the heavy and smelly potatoes wherever they go. Then the teacher told them the hidden meaning behind the game. The teacher said: "This is exactly the situation when you carry your hatred for somebody inside your heart. The stench of hatred will contaminate your heart and you will carry it with you wherever you go. If you cannot tolerate the smell of rotten potatoes for just 1 week, can you imagine what is it like to have the stench of hatred in your heart for your lifetime???"

Moral of the story:
Throw away any hatred for anyone from your heart so that you will not carry sins for a lifetime. Forgiving others is the best attitude to take...:hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back