• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

New Thread: "Motivational/Inspirational Articles"

Status
Not open for further replies.
An Amazing Story Of Strength And Perseverance
In 1996 a promising 19 years old professional ballerina Ma Li lost her right arm in a car accident. Her life would never be the same, her boy friend couldn’t handle what was going on and he walked away from her. She tried to kill herself only to be saved by her parents. Then Ma Li found the strength to live.

Ma Li had to learn how to do everything: how to write, comb her hair, cook, and wash clothes… She had to learn how to be an independent person again.

Five years after the accident, with the passion in her heart Ma Li returned to the theater. Ma Li found her soul mate Tao and the two of them worked in the performance arts. Then in 2004 SARS outbreak happened in China and as a result all the theaters were closed. The young couple were completely broke as they were trying to develop a unique performance for Ma Li.

In September 2005, Ma Li met 21-year-old national Special Olympics cyclist Zhai Xiaowei. When Zhai was 4 years old he fell off a tractor and lost his left leg. His father at the time asked little Zhai, “”The doctor will have to amputate your leg. Are you afraid?” Zhai couldn’t comprehend what would be so different so he said “N0”. His father said, “You are going to face many challenges and difficulties in life, are you afraid?” Zhai asked, “What are ‘challenges and difficulties?’ Do they taste good?” His dad laughed with tears, “Yes, they’re like your favorite candies. You just need to eat them one piece at a time!” Zhai has always been very optimistic and athletic with a great sense of humor. When Ma Li first told Zhai about her plan for him to dance, Zhai initially didn’t understand how he could “dance,” being that he had never danced before, but later he decided to give it a try.

Ma Li, Tao and Zhai did intensive training and practice for over one year, day in day out from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. Most of us cannot even imagine the kind of challenges and difficulties they faced. So much determination has gone into the making of this performance. Zhai dropped her more than thousands of times!!!

Ma Li and Zhai Xiaowei was the first time a handicapped couple ever entered the CCTV national dance competition and they won the hearts of millions.

The rest is history. In April they were one of the finalists among 7000 competitors in the 4th CCTV national dance competition. It is the first time a handicapped couple ever entered the competition. They won the Silver medal with the 99.17 high score and not to mention the highest audience popular votes. They became an instant national hit.

Ma Li and Zhai Xiaowei are two exquisite artists. This performance is a powerful testimony to the power of the human spirit. It may be hard to imagine someone who is missing a limb to aspire to be a Ballerina, however, this video is proof that dreams do indeed come true.

Please view this remarkable video....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnLVRQCjh8c&feature=player_embedded

Value Your Present Time...... :clock:

Imagine there is a bank that credits your account each morning with Rs.86,400/-. It carries over no balance from day to day. Every evening deletes whatever part of the balance you failed to use during the day.
What would you do? Draw out every rupee, of course!!!! Each of us has such a bank. Its name is TIME.
Every morning, it credits you with 86,400 seconds. Every night it writes off, as lost, whatever of this you have failed to invest to good purpose. It carries over no balance. It allows no overdraft. Each day it opens a new account for you. Each night it burns the remains of the day. If you fail to use the day’s deposits, the loss is yours.
There is no going back. There is no drawing against the “tomorrow”. You must live in the present on today’s deposits. Invest it so as to get from it the utmost in health, happiness, and success!
The clock is running. Make the most of today.
To realize the value of ONE YEAR, ask a student who failed in SSC Exam.
To realize the value of ONE MONTH, ask a mother who gave birth to a premature baby.
To realize the value of ONE WEEK, ask the editor of a weekly newspaper. .
To realize the value of ONE HOUR, ask the lovers who are waiting to meet.
To realize the value of ONE MINUTE, ask a person who missed the train.
To realize the value of ONE SECOND, ask a person who just avoided an accident.
To realize the value of ONE MILLISECOND, ask the person who won a silver medal in the Olympics

(Treasure every moment that you have! And treasure it more because you shared it with someone special, special enough to spend your time. And remember that time waits for no one.
Start Now... love.. always yours Anandi)

anandhi,

i came across this quote, by a very successful relative of mine. thought i will share it here...

On this day of Ganapathi visarjan, I want to share something that I have long pondered over.
I find it no small coincidence that Ganesh's vehicle was a mouse. Ganesh was (among other portfolios) the God of wisdom and learning. Today, learning for the whole world travels on a mouse! Think about it...

anandhi,

i came across this quote, by a very successful relative of mine. thought i will share it here...

On this day of Ganapathi visarjan, I want to share something that I have long pondered over.
I find it no small coincidence that Ganesh's vehicle was a mouse. Ganesh was (among other portfolios) the God of wisdom and learning. Today, learning for the whole world travels on a mouse! Think about it...

Very aptly said...dear Kunjuppu Sir....I am very sorry to say this, but it is true that I used to write very fast... now, I can't write that fast, too much of dependency on computer.. Yes, it is easy, user friendly and time saving.. but one mistake, we will end up losing all the hard work... But, today’s hectic life style demands tech savvy culture.... The whole world travels behind a tiny mouse...

I am sharing a joke with you... I got it through email..... You might have read this... It is really funny….

Caller : Hi, our printer is not working.

Customer Service: What is wrong with it?

Caller : Mouse is jammed.

Customer Service: Mouse? Printers don't have a mouse you fool!

Caller: Mmmmm??.. Oh really?... I will send a picture.
mouse-in-printer.jpg new.jpg

Last edited:
A simple solution

One truck driver was doing his usual load delivery at a mental hospital, by parking his vehicle beside an open drain. He discovered a flat tyre when he was about to return from the mental hospital.He jacked up the truck and removed the flat tyre to fix the spare tyre.

When he was about to fix the spare tyre, he accidentally dropped all the 4 bolts in the open drain. As he cannot fish the bolts in the open drain, he started to panic as to what should be done?

Just then, one patient happened to walk past him and asked the driver as to why he was looking troubled. The driver thought to himself, since there is nothing much he can do or this mental joker can.Just to keep the bugging away, the truck driver informed the whole episode to the mental patient and gave a helpless look.
The patient just laughed at the truck driver and said you just cannot even fix such a simple problem? "No wonder you are destined to remain a truck driver for life".
The truck driver was astonished to hear such a compliment from a mental guy. "Here is what you can do" said the mental guy... "take one bolt from each of the remaining 3 tyres / wheels and fix it on to this tyre. Then drive down to the nearest workshop and replace the missing ones. Isn't it simple my friend".

The truck driver was so impressed with this quick fix answer and asked the patient "How come you are so smart and intelligent and you are here at the mental hospital?"
The patient replied "Hello friend! I stay here because I am crazy but not stupid".
No wonder, there are some people, who behave like the Truck Driver, thinking that others are just stupid. So, guys, though you all are learned and wise, but, just watch out, there could be some CRAZY guys in our professional / personal lives, who could give us lot of quick fixes and brush our wisdom.

Just do not conclude that you know everything and do not judge people by mere looks/ attire/ stature or academic background!

Last edited:
Dear Anandi

An Amazing Story Of Strength And Perseverance
In 1996 a promising 19 years old professional ballerina Ma Li lost her right arm in a car accident. Her life would never be the same, her boy friend couldn’t handle what was going on and he walked away from her. She tried to kill herself only to be saved by her parents. Then Ma Li found the strength to live.

Tears welled up in my eyes on watching the video, Anandi. It was very very moving and also motivating! Thank you A LOT for posting not only the video but also the story behind it!

Anandi, please keep up the fantastic job that you are doing!

With love

Dear Anandi

Tears welled up in my eyes on watching the video, Anandi. It was very very moving and also motivating! Thank you A LOT for posting not only the video but also the story behind it!

Anandi, please keep up the fantastic job that you are doing!

With love

Dear Valli,
Here we have got a Management Institute in Ahmedabad: AMA, Ahmedabad Management Association, they conduct many short term Management Courses for all. Students, Professionals, Teachers, House Wives etc. The courses are for half day, one day, a week or a month. As per our convenience we can select the course according to our requirement. I am a regular visitor... I like to attend such classes and I can really tell you more than the knowledge I got from my academic degrees, these courses helped with life skills. I came to know the world through these courses. for the past 15 years, I might have attended an average of 10-15 short term course per year. What are the benefits I have received from these can't be explained in mere words.

The above story, I got it from one of such classes, my faculty Shri. Vijay Batra showed us this video during a programme. Then I searched in the net and got the story too.

The web site of our Institute for you. Just go through the number of courses they are conducting for the public. Superb service... With love.. Anandi

Ahmedabad Management Association

Secrets of Happiness

Shakespeare said:
I always feel happy, You know why?
Because I don't expect anything from anyone,
Expectations always hurt..
Life is short.. So love your life.. Be happy..
And Keep smiling.. Just Live for yourself and
Before you speak Listen
Before you write Think
Before you spend Earn
Before you pray Forgive
Before you hurt Feel
Before you hate Love
Before you quit Try
Before you die Live

That's Life...Feel it, Live it & Enjoy it.

Buddha and Recession..!

Buddha, one day, was on deep thought about the worldly activities and the ways of instilling goodness in human. The following is the text of conversation between him and his disciple.

One of the disciples approached him and said humbly “Oh my teacher! While you are so much concerned about the world and others, why don’t you look into the welfare and needs of your own disciples also”.

Buddha: OK…Tell me how I can help you?

Disciple: Master, My attire is worn out and is beyond the decency to wear the same. Can I get a new one please?

Buddha found the robe indeed was in a bad condition which needed replacement. He asked the store keeper to give the disciple a new robe to wear on. The disciple thanked Buddha and retired to his room. Though he met his disciple’s requirement, Buddha was not all that contended on his decision. He realized he missed out some point. A while after, he realized, what he should have asked the disciple? He went to his disciple’s place and asked him “Is your new attire comfortable? Do you need anything more?”

Disciple: Thank you my Master. The attire is indeed very comfortable. I need nothing more.
Buddha: Having got the new one, what did you do with your old attire?
Disciple: I am using it as my bedspread.
Buddha: Then…hope you have disposed off your bed spread.
Disciple: No…no…Master. I am using my old bedspread as my window curtain.
Buddha: What about your old curtain?
Disciple: Being used to handle hot utensils in the kitchen
Buddha: Oh…I see…Can you tell me what they did with the old cloth they used in Kitchen?
Disciple: They are being used to wash the floor.
Buddha: Then, the old rug being used to wash the floor…????
Disciple: Master, since they were torn off so much, we could not find any better use, but to use as a twig in the oil lamp, which is right now lit in your study room….

Buddha smiled in contentment and left for his room.

Moral:
If not to this degree of utilization, can we at least attempt to find the best use of all our resources at home and at office….??
It becomes imperative in the critical time of Recession…..

LIFE is TOO Short to understand its Meaning.

When we know Life is so small then why we LIVE with REGRETS

Presenting a Short & Wonderful Story ...

...How we can even Learn from a Taxi Driver

"Life's Too SHORT to Wake Up in the morning...…With Regrets"

One day I was traveling in a taxi for the airport. We were driving in the right lane when suddenly a black car jumped out of a parking space right in front of us.

My taxi driver slammed on brakes, skidded, and missed the other car by just inches!
The driver of the other car whipped his head around and started shouting at us. My taxi driver just smiled and waved at the guy.
And I mean, he was really friendly.
So I asked, 'Why did you just do that?
This guy almost ruined your car and sent us to the hospital!

This is when my taxi driver taught me what I now call..

“The Law of the Garbage Truck”

'He explained that many people are like garbage trucks. They run around full of garbage, full of frustration, full of anger, and full of disappointment.
As their garbage piles up, they need a place to dump it and sometimes they'll dump it on you.. Don't take it personally. Just smile, wave, wish them well, and move on.
Don't take their garbage and spread it to other people at work, at home, or on the streets.

The bottom line is that successful people do not let garbage trucks take over their day.

Life's too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, so....

Love the people who treat you right. Pray for the ones who don't.

Life is 10% what you make it and 90%how you take it!

Have a garbage-free day!

TWO TRAVELING ANGELS

Two traveling angels stopped to spend the night in the home of a wealthy family. The
family was rude and refused to let the angels stay in the mansion's guest room. Instead
the angels were given a small space in the cold basement. As they made their bed on
the hard floor, the older angel saw a hole in the wall and repaired it. When the
younger angel asked why, the older angel replied, "Things aren't always what they
seem."
The next night the pair came to rest at the house of a very poor, but very hospitable
farmer and his wife. After sharing what little food they had the couple let the angels
sleep in their bed where they could have a good night's rest. When the sun came up the
next morning the angels found the farmer and his wife in tears. Their only cow, whose
milk had been their sole income, lay dead in the field. The younger angel was
infuriated and asked the older angel how could you have let this happen? The first man
had everything, yet you helped him, she accused. The second family had little but was
willing to share everything, and you let the cow die.
"Things aren't always what they seem," the older angel replied. "When we stayed in
the basement of the mansion, I noticed there was gold stored in that hole in the wall.
Since the owner was so obsessed with greed and unwilling to share his good fortune, I
sealed the wall so he wouldn't find it."
"Then last night as we slept in the farmer’s bed, the angel of death came for his wife. I
gave him the cow instead.
Things aren't always what they seem." Sometimes that is exactly what happens when
things don't turn out the way they should. If you have faith, you just need to trust that
every out come is always to your advantage. You just might not know it until some
time later...
Some people come into our lives and quickly go...
Some people (become friends) and stay a while... leaving beautiful footprints on
our hearts...

Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow a mystery.
Today is a gift.
That's why it's called the present!
I think this is special...live and savor every moment...
This is not a dress rehearsal!

Dear Valli, ( This Story is for Us)

This story is so touching and I hope you should read this whenever you open this thread at your convenient time....A story to reinforce ourselves the importance of MOTHERHOOD and why God has created MOTHERS.... We are the blessed lots; let us shine as God's Own Special Creations with our LOVE, to prove that we are the best Mothers of our Cutie Pies.... With love, Anandi

WHEN GOD MADE MOTHERS

By the time God made mothers, he was into his sixth day of working overtime. An Angel appeared and said "Why are you spending so much time on this one?" In addition, God answered and said, “Have you seen the spec sheet on her?
She has to be completely washable, but not plastic, have 200 movable parts, all replaceable, run on black coffee and leftovers, have a lap that can hold three children at one time and that disappear when she stands up, have a kiss that can cure anything from a scraped knee to a broken heart, and have six pairs of hands."
The Angel was astounded at the requirements for this one. "Six pairs of hands! No Way!" said the Angel. God replied, "Oh, it's not the hands that are the problem, it’s the three pairs of eyes that mothers must have!" And that's just on the standard model?" the Angel asked.
God nodded in agreement, "Yep, one pair of eyes are to see through the closed door as she asks her children what they are doing, even though she already knows. Another pair in the back of her head is to see what she needs to know even though no one thinks she can. And the third pair is here in the front of her head. They are for looking at an errant child and saying that she understands and loves him or her without even saying a single word.
The Angel tried to stop God. "This is too much work for one day. Wait until tomorrow to finish...” "But I can't," God protested. "I am so close to finishing this creation that is so close to my own heart. She already heals herself when she is sick and can feed a family of six on a pound of hamburger and can get a nine year old to stand in the shower!"
The Angel moved closer and touched the woman. "But you have made her so soft, Lord." "She is soft", the Lord agreed, "but I have also made her tough. You have no idea what she can endure or accomplish."
"Will she be able to think?” asked the Angel. The Lord replied, "Not only will she be able to think, she will be able to reason, and negotiate."
The Angel then noticed something, reached out, and touched the woman's cheek. "Oops, it looks like you have a leak with this model. I told you that you were trying to put too much into this one." "That's not a leak", God said, "That's a tear!" "What's the tear for?" the Angel asked. God said, "The tear is her way of expressing her joy, her sorrow, her disappointment, her pain, her loneliness, her grief, and her pride."
The Angel was impressed. "You are a genius, Lord. You thought of everything. WOMEN are truly amazing!"

Last edited:
My dear friend Anandi

Thanks a lot for sharing the above article with me and also with all other members here!

With love
Valli

TREASURE WHAT YOU HAVE

"Sometimes we spend time asking who is responsible or who to blame, whether in a
relationship, in a job or with the people we know. We miss out some warmth in human
relationship to give each other support. Treasure what you have. Just a little story that
can change the way we generally look at..."

A boy was born to a couple after eleven years of marriage. They were a loving couple
and the boy was the apple of their eyes. When the boy was around two years old, one
morning the husband saw a medicine bottle open. He was late for work so he asked the
wife to cap the bottle and keep it in the cupboard. The mother, preoccupied in the
kitchen totally forgot the matter. The boy playfully went to the medicine bottle and,
fascinated with its color, drank it all. It happened to be a poisonous medicine meant
for adults in small dosages. When the child showed signs of poisoning the mother took
him to the hospital, where he died. The mother was stunned. She was terrified how to
face her husband. When the distraught father came to the hospital and saw the dead
child, he looked at his wife and uttered just four words.

The husband just said “I Love You Darling “. The husband's totally unexpected reaction
is proactive behavior. He is indeed a genius in human relationships. The child is dead.
He can never be brought back to life. There is no point in finding fault with the mother.

She had also lost her only child. What she needed at that moment was consolation and
sympathy from the husband. That is what he gave her. If ever everyone can look at life
with this kind of perspective, there would be much fewer problems in the world.

To be happy with a man you must understand him a lot and love him a little. To be
happy with a woman you must understand her a lot and love her with all your heart.

"A journey of a thousand miles, begins but with a single step.”Take off all your envies,
jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness, and fears AND you will find things are actually
not as difficult as you think."

There are many beautiful, charming and wonderful men and women here on earth;
it's just a matter of who you get to meet along the way and who you choose to end up
with for the rest of your life.

"Love has its own time, season and reason. You can't ask for it to stay. You can only
embrace it when it comes and be glad that for a moment in your life, it was yours”

An Old man gains Wisdom

An old man was visiting a city for the first time in his life. He had grown up in a remote mountain village, worked hard raising his children, and was then enjoying his first visit to his children's modern homes.

While being shown around the city, the old man heard a sound that stung his ears. He had never heard such an awful noise in his quiet mountain village. Following the grating sound back to its source, he came to a room in the back of a house where a small boy was practising on a violin.

'SCREECH! SCREECH!' came the discordant notes form the groaning violin.

When he was told that it was called a 'violin', he decided he never wanted to hear such a horrible thing again.

The next day, in a different part of the city, the old man heard a beautiful sound, which seemed to caress his aged ears. He had never heard such an enchanting melody in his mountain valley. Following the delightful sound back to its source, he came to a room in the front of a house where an old lady, a maestro, was performing a sonata on a violin.

At once, the old man realised his mistake. The terrible sound that he had heard the previous day was not the fault of the violin, nor even the boy. It was just that the young man had yet to learn his instrument well.

With a wisdom reserved for the simple folk, the old man thought it was the same with religion. When we come across a religious enthusiast causing such strife with his beliefs, it is incorrect to blame the religion. It is just that the novice has yet to learn his religion well. When we come across a saint, a maestro of her religion, it is such a sweet encounter that it inspires us for many years, whatever their beliefs.

But that was not the end of the story.....

The third day, in a different part of the city, the old man heard another sound that surpassed in its beauty and purity even that of the maestro on her violin. What do you think that sound was?

It was a sound more beautiful than the cascade of the mountain stream in spring, than the autumn wind through the forest groves,or than the mountain birds singing after a heavy rain. It was even more beautiful than the silence in the mountain hollows on a still winter's night. What was that sound that moved the old man's heart more powerfully than anything before?

It was a large orchestra playing a symphony.

The reason that it was, for the old man, the most beautiful sound in the world was, firstly, that every member of that orchestra was a maestro of their own instrument; and secondly, that they had further learned how to play together in harmony.

'May it be the same with religion,' the old man thought. 'Let each one of us learn through the lessons of life the soft heart of our beliefs. Let us each be a maestro of the love within our religion. Then, having learned our religion well, let us go further and learn how to play, like members of an orchestra, with other religions in harmony together!'

That would be the most beautiful sound!
http://groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/enjoythemasti

PERSPECTIVE DOES MATTER

One day a father of a very wealthy family took his son on a trip to the country with the
firm purpose of showing his son how poor people live.

They spent a couple of days and nights on the farm of what would be considered a very
poor family. On their return from their trip, the father asked his son, How was the
trip?"
"It was great, Dad."
"Did you see how poor people live?" the father asked.
"Oh yeah," said the son.
"So, tell me, what you learned from the trip?" asked the father.
The son answered, "I saw that we have one dog and they had four. We have a pool that
reaches to the middle of our garden and they have a creek that has no end. We have
imported lanterns in our garden and they have the stars at night. Our patio reaches to
the front yard and they have the whole horizon. We have a small piece of land to live
on and they have fields that go beyond our sight. We have servants who serve us, but
they serve others. We buy our food, but they grow theirs. We have walls around our
property to protect us; they have friends to protect them."
The boy's father was speechless.
Then his son added, "Thanks, Dad, for showing me how poor we are."
Isn't perspective a wonderful thing? Makes you wonder what would happen if we all
gave thanks for everything we have, instead of worrying about what we don't have.
Appreciate every single thing you have, every single day one day at a time.

POWER OF FAITH

The fields were parched and brown from lack of rain, and the crops lay wilting from
thirst. People were anxious and irritable as they searched the sky for any sign of relief.
Days turned into arid weeks. No rain came. The ministers of the local churches called
for an hour of prayer in the town square the following Saturday. They requested that
everyone bring an object of faith for inspiration.
At high noon on the appointed Saturday the townspeople turned out en-masse
filling the square with anxious faces and hopeful hearts. The ministers were touched to
see the variety of objects clutched in prayerful hands -holy books, crosses, rosaries.
When the hour ended, as if on magical command, a soft rain began to fall.
Cheers swept the crowd as they held their treasured objects high in gratitude and
praise. From the middle of the crowd one faith symbol seemed to overshadow all the
others a small nine-year-old child had brought an umbrella.

When you do something in life, have complete faith that you will definitely succeed.
Never do anything half-mindedly. Faith is a great foundation to build your life.

THE MOST IMPORTANT PART

My mother used to ask me what the most important part of the body is.
Through the years I would take a guess at what I thought was the correct answer.
When I was younger, I thought sound was very important to us as humans, so I said,
"My ears, Mommy." She said, 'No. Many people are deaf. But you keep thinking about
it and I will ask you again soon.'

Several years passed before she asked me again. Since making my first attempt, I had
contemplated the correct answer. So this time I told her, 'Mommy, sight is very
important to everybody, so it must be our eyes.'

She looked at me and told me, 'You are learning fast, but the answer is not correct
because there are many people who are blind.'

Stumped again, I continued my quest for knowledge and over the years, Mother asked
me a couple more times and always her answer was 'No, but you are getting smarter
every year, my child.'

Then last year, my Grandpa died. Everybody was hurt. Everybody was crying. Even
my father cried. My Mom looked at me when it was our turn to say our final good-bye
to Grandpa. She asked me, 'Do you know the most important body part yet, my dear?'

I was shocked when she asked me this now. I always thought this was a game between
her and me. She saw the confusion on my face and told me.
'This question is very important. It shows that you have really lived your life.

For every body part you gave me in the past, I have told you were wrong and I have
given you an example why. But today is the day you need to learn this important
lesson.

She looked down at me as only a mother can. I saw her eyes well up with tears. She
said, 'My dear, the most important body part is your shoulder'

I asked, 'Is it because it holds up your head?' She replied, 'No, it is because it can hold
the head of a friend or loved one when they cry.

Everybody, need a shoulder to cry on sometime in life, my dear. I only hope that you
have enough love and friends that you will have a shoulder to cry on when you need it.'

Then and there I knew the most important body part is not a selfish one. It is
sympathetic to the pain of others.

Dear Anandi

Very nice! I really like you for what you are doing! Such beautiful articles and some are very moving also!

Do keep up your spirit in contributing such lovely posts!

With love
Valli

[FONT=&quot]This is one of the best explanations of why God allows pain and suffering that I have seen...
A man went to a barbershop to have his hair cut and his beard trimmed.
As the barber began to work, they began to have a good conversation.
They talked about so many things and various subjects.
When they eventually touched on the subject of God, the barber said:
"I don't believe that God exists."
"Why do you say that?" asked the customer. "Well, you just have to go out in the street to realize that God doesn't exist.
Tell me, if God exists, would there be so many sick people?
Would there be abandoned children?
If God existed, there would be neither suffering nor pain.
I can't imagine a loving God who would allow all of these things."
The customer thought for a moment, but didn't respond because he didn't want to start an argument.
The barber finished his job and the customer left the shop.
Just after he left the barbershop, he saw a man in the street with long, stringy, dirty hair and an untrimmed beard.
He looked dirty and unkempt. The customer turned back and entered the barber shop again and he said to the barber:
"You know what? Barbers do not exist."
"How can you say that?" asked the surprised barber.
"I am here, and I am a barber. And I just worked on you!"
"No!" the customer exclaimed. "Barbers don't exist because
if they did, there would be no people with dirty long hair and untrimmed beards, like that man outside."
"Ah, but barbers DO exist! That's what happens when people do not come to me."
"Exactly!" affirmed the customer. "That's the point! God, too, DOES exist!
That's what happens when people do not go to Him and don't look to Him for help.
That's why there's so much pain and suffering in the world."
BE BLESSED & BE A BLESSING TO OTHERS !!!!!!!
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

All the time in the world

While at the park one day, a woman sat down next to a man on a
bench near a playground. "That's my son over there," she said,
pointing to a little boy in a red sweater who was gliding down the
slide.
"He's a fine looking boy," the man said. "That's my son on the swing
in the blue sweater." Then, looking at his watch, he called to his son.
"What do you say we go, Todd?"
Todd pleaded, "Just five more minutes, Dad. Please, just five more
minutes." The man nodded and Todd continued to swing to his heart's
content.
Minutes passed and the father stood and called again to his son,
"Time to go now?" Again Todd pleaded, "Five more minutes Dad,
Just five more minutes." The man smiled and said, "Okay."
"My, you certainly are a patient father," the woman responded. The
man smiled and then said, "My older son Tommy was killed by a
drunk driver last year while he was riding his bike near here. I never
spent much time with Tommy and now I'd give anything for just five
more minutes with him. I've vowed not to make the same mistake with
Todd. "He thinks he has five more minutes to swing. The truth is . . . I
get five more minutes to watch him play."

Bend, but Don't Break

One of my fondest memories as a child is going by the river and
sitting idly on the bank. There I would enjoy the peace and quiet,
watch the water rush downstream, and listen to the chirps of birds
and the rustling of leaves in the trees. I would also watch the bamboo
trees bend under pressure from the wind and watch them return
gracefully to their upright or original position after the wind had died
down.
When I think about the bamboo tree's ability to bounce back or return
to its original position, the word resilience comes to mind. When used
in reference to a person this word means the ability to readily recover
from shock, depression or any other situation that stretches the limits
of a person's emotions.
Have you ever felt like you are about to snap? Have you ever felt like
you are at your breaking point? Thankfully, you have survived the
experience to live to talk about it.
During the experience you probably felt a mix of emotions that
threatened your health. You felt emotionally drained, mentally
exhausted and you most likely endured unpleasant physical
symptoms.
Life is a mixture of good times and bad times, happy moments and
unhappy moments. The next time you are experiencing one of those
bad times or unhappy moments that take you close to your breaking
point then bend but don't break. Try your best not to let the situation
get the best of you.
A measure of hope will take you through the unpleasant ordeal. With
hope for a better tomorrow or a better situation, things may not be as
bad as they seem to be. The unpleasant ordeal may be easier to deal
with if the end result is worth having.

If the going gets tough and you are at your breaking point, show
resilience like the bamboo tree, bend, but don't break...

A SMALL BUT BEAUTIFUL THOUGHT.............read on....

The first day of school our professor introduced himself and challenged us to get to know someone we

didn't already know. I stood up to look around when a gentle hand touched my shoulder.

I turned around to find a wrinkled, little old lady beaming up at me with a smile that lit up her entire being.

She said, 'Hi handsome. My name is Rose. I'm eighty-seven years old. Can I give you a hug?'

I laughed and enthusiastically responded, 'Of course you may!' and she gave me a giant squeeze.

'Why are you in college at such a young, innocent age?' I asked.

She jokingly replied, 'I'm here to meet a rich husband, get married, and have a couple of kids...'

'No seriously,' I asked. I was curious what may have motivated her to be taking on this challenge at her age.

'I always dreamed of having a college education and now I'm getting one!' she told me.

After class we walked to the student union building and shared a chocolate milkshake.

We became instant friends. Every day for the next three months we would leave class together and talk nonstop. I was always mesmerized listening to this 'time machine' as she shared her wisdom and experience with me.

Over the course of the year, Rose became a campus icon and she easily made friends wherever she went... She loved to dress up and she reveled in the attention bestowed upon her from the other students. She was living it up.

At the end of the semester we invited Rose to speak at our football banquet. I'll never forget what she taught us. She was introduced and stepped up to the podium. As she began to deliver her prepared speech, she dropped her three by five cards on the floor.

Frustrated and a little embarrassed she leaned into the microphone and simply said, 'I'm sorry I'm so jittery. I gave up beer for Lent and this whiskey is killing me! I'll never get my speech back in order so let me just tell you what I know.'

As we laughed she cleared her throat and began, ' We do not stop playing because we are old; we grow old because we stop playing.

There are only four secrets to staying young, being happy, and achieving success. You have to laugh andfind humor every day. You've got to have a dream. When you lose your dreams, you die.

We have so many people walking around who are dead and don't even know it!

There is a huge difference between growing older and growing up.

If you are nineteen years old and lie in bed for one full year and don't do one productive thing, you will turn twenty years old. If I am eighty-seven years old and stay in bed for a year and never do anything I will turn eighty-eight.

Anybody can grow older. That doesn't take any talent or ability... The idea is to grow up by always finding opportunity in change. Have no regrets.

The elderly usually don't have regrets for what we did, but rather for things we did not do. The only people who fear death are those with regrets.'

She concluded her speech by courageously singing 'The Rose.'

She challenged each of us to study the lyrics and live them out in our daily lives At the year's end Rose finished the college degree she had begun all those years ago.

One week after graduation Rose died peacefully in her sleep.

Over two thousand college students attended her funeral in tribute to the wonderful woman who taught by example that it's never too late to be all you can possibly be.

""REMEMBER, GROWING OLDER IS MANDATORY. GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL. We make a Living by what we get. We make a Life by what we give.

God promises a safe landing, not a calm passage... If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

'Good friends are like stars..... ......You don't always see them, but you know they are always there..""

VALUE OF GOODNESS...

A young man was getting ready to graduate from college. For many months he had
admired a beautiful sports car in a dealer's showroom, and knowing his father could
well afford it, he told him that was all he wanted.
As Graduation Day approached, the young man awaited signs that his father had
purchased the car. Finally, on the morning of his graduation, his father called him into
his private study. His father told him how proud he was to have such a fine son, and
told him how much he loved him. He handed his son a beautiful wrapped gift box.
Curious, but somewhat disappointed, the young man opened the box and found a
lovely, leather-bound Bible, with the young man's name embossed in gold. Angrily, he
raised his voice to his father and said, "With all your money you give me a Bible?" He
then stormed out of the house, leaving the Bible.
Many years passed and the young man was very successful in business. He had a
beautiful home and a wonderful family, but realizing his father was very old, he
thought perhaps he should go to see him. He had not seen him since that graduation
day. Before he could make the arrangements, he received a telegram telling him his
father had passed away, and willed all of his possessions to his son. He needed to come
home immediately and take care of things.

When he arrived at his father's house, sudden sadness and regret filled his heart. He
began to search through his father's important papers and saw the still new Bible, just
as he had left it years ago. With tears, he opened the Bible and began to turn the pages.
As he was reading, a car key dropped from the back of the Bible. It had a tag with the
dealer's name, the same dealer who had the sports car he had desired. On the tag was
the date of his graduation, and the words….."PAID IN FULL".

How many times do we miss blessings because they are not packaged as we expected?
Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; but remember that what
you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.

Sometimes we don't realize the good fortune we have or we could have because we
expect "the packaging" to be different.
What may appear as bad fortune may in fact be the door that is just waiting to be
opened.

Bend, but Don't Break

One of my fondest memories as a child is going by the river and
sitting idly on the bank. There I would enjoy the peace and quiet,
watch the water rush downstream, and listen to the chirps of birds
and the rustling of leaves in the trees. I would also watch the bamboo
trees bend under pressure from the wind and watch them return
gracefully to their upright or original position after the wind had died
down.
When I think about the bamboo tree's ability to bounce back or return
to its original position, the word resilience comes to mind. When used
in reference to a person this word means the ability to readily recover
from shock, depression or any other situation that stretches the limits
of a person's emotions.
Have you ever felt like you are about to snap? Have you ever felt like
you are at your breaking point? Thankfully, you have survived the
experience to live to talk about it.
During the experience you probably felt a mix of emotions that
threatened your health. You felt emotionally drained, mentally
exhausted and you most likely endured unpleasant physical
symptoms.
Life is a mixture of good times and bad times, happy moments and
unhappy moments. The next time you are experiencing one of those
bad times or unhappy moments that take you close to your breaking
point then bend but don't break. Try your best not to let the situation
get the best of you.
A measure of hope will take you through the unpleasant ordeal. With
hope for a better tomorrow or a better situation, things may not be as
bad as they seem to be. The unpleasant ordeal may be easier to deal
with if the end result is worth having.
If the going gets tough and you are at your breaking point, show
resilience like the bamboo tree, bend, but don't break!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back